*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I've made another trip to my local TRU, and grabbed:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Unlimited Saga
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']i got front mission 3, they looked in the back for me, im happy[/quote]

Did you have to ask them to look in the back or were they like 'Okay, hold on, there may be some in our super-secret hideaway stash?' I hate when stores keep crap in the back.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']i got front mission 3, they looked in the back for me, im happy[/quote]

which toysrus is that? u think they still got more?

which toysrus is that? u think they still got more?

I wanted to pick up Bloodrayne for GCN and Xbox yesterday, and they have this big rack full of "clearance" and "half off" games. Now the rack is full of "Half off" stickers and what not, and I bought a ton of games there a a week or 2 ago, so I bring both the games up to the counter and have to wait for 15 minutes for the idiot clerk to ring them up. They rang up for full price. So I told them it was on the clearance rack and they said "only green tag games", so I told them to ring up Magic Pengel for me (marked 40 dollars, not green or orange tag), and it rang up for 10 bucks. I bitched at them about being liars and not doing their jobs correctly. : \

[quote name='KurtCobain']I wanted to pick up Bloodrayne for GCN and Xbox yesterday, and they have this big rack full of "clearance" and "half off" games. Now the rack is full of "Half off" stickers and what not, and I bought a ton of games there a a week or 2 ago, so I bring both the games up to the counter and have to wait for 15 minutes for the idiot clerk to ring them up. They rang up for full price. So I told them it was on the clearance rack and they said "only green tag games", so I told them to ring up Magic Pengel for me (marked 40 dollars, not green or orange tag), and it rang up for 10 bucks. I bitched at them about being liars and not doing their jobs correctly. : \[/quote]

So did you get the games for half off then?

I hit the Hawthorne TRU today after stopping at the nearby Fry's. They had tons of green tag stuff still. Most of it was predictable, though I was surprised to see 4 copies of D&D Heroes (I thought I was lucky to find one a few weeks back). They also had 7 different Game Gear games, all with a $5 green tag. Fought the urge to pick 'em up -- even Sonic Spinball and Sonic Chaos.

I urge everyone to still check their closest TRU every once in a while. Keep a lookout for .01 guides, too.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='KurtCobain']I wanted to pick up Bloodrayne for GCN and Xbox yesterday, and they have this big rack full of "clearance" and "half off" games. Now the rack is full of "Half off" stickers and what not, and I bought a ton of games there a a week or 2 ago, so I bring both the games up to the counter and have to wait for 15 minutes for the idiot clerk to ring them up. They rang up for full price. So I told them it was on the clearance rack and they said "only green tag games", so I told them to ring up Magic Pengel for me (marked 40 dollars, not green or orange tag), and it rang up for 10 bucks. I bitched at them about being liars and not doing their jobs correctly. : \[/quote]

So did you get the games for half off then?[/quote]No, they wouldn't over-ride it, so I walked out.

I basically got what I really wanted out of TRU. All in the past week got this basic stuff : SSX3, Frequency (not so much fun after already owning Amplitude), KOF2000/01 for PS2 and Sphinx and Batman for GC. I'll probably go one more time for VF4 and maybe Onimusha Tactics. Only thing I want but can't find is Magic Pengel. Anyone wanna help out there?

Usually I don't plead for games, but I haven't found this one yet and I figure it can't hurt to ask...

Would anyone happen to know of any Michigan-area stores that still have the GBA Pokémon Pinball lying around? I haven't found it yet, but I'm hoping that it's still out there somewhere...

mine was really not picked out considering they hardly have anything anyway, I got
2 Conkers
2 DC controllers
Mark of Kri
Alter Echo
Some Crappy Et game for around 23 dollars

Can anyone confirm Pokemon Pinball (GBA) is 50% off? I saw it on the list, but actual confirmation would be better. I'm asking, just in case it may have been removed (I doubt that, however) from the list.

While I was up in Seattle this weekend I hit up 2 stores up there and they both had alot of games so if anyone is looking still check out those stores!

[quote name='projecteightysix']i just went to the tru in huntsville alabama and there was nothing green tag video game wise........

oh how i was pissed.[/quote]
At one of the three TRUs I went to, none of their video games were green tagged but the prices were ringing up correctly at half off. Some TRUs are just don't mark them. I suggest you go back with a list and pick up what you can.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Usually I don't plead for games, but I haven't found this one yet and I figure it can't hurt to ask...

Would anyone happen to know of any Michigan-area stores that still have the GBA Pokémon Pinball lying around? I haven't found it yet, but I'm hoping that it's still out there somewhere...[/quote]I haven't seen that game in ages. I have it though :D

[quote name='CouRageouS']I basically got what I really wanted out of TRU. All in the past week got this basic stuff : SSX3, Frequency (not so much fun after already owning Amplitude), KOF2000/01 for PS2 and Sphinx and Batman for GC. I'll probably go one more time for VF4 and maybe Onimusha Tactics. Only thing I want but can't find is Magic Pengel. Anyone wanna help out there?[/quote]Ask someone from VA to check the TRU near Chesapeake Square Mall. That's where I bought mine.

Just came back from my local TRU. The place has been cleaned out a bit. No Front Mission 3's left. I tried to get Pokemon Pinball (GBA) but, it wasn't half off (and yes, I got it totaled). So, Pokemon Pinball (GBA) seems YMMV. Sucks too, because I wanted a copy of it. :(

Oh, I did see a load of old games there, however. Castlevania: Bloodlines and Sonic Spinball (GG) were the main ones. I think they were about $2-3 after the 50% off.

I found Magic Pengel at my TRU (last one) for $10 this weekend. Everything else was pretty much gone, except for the usual.

Edit. They did have LoZ: Majora's Mask for N64.

[quote name='zoopie']DMC (GH) rang up as $19.99 at the TRU in Tacoma, WA :evil: I hate returning stuff, such a hassle![/quote]

Does someone have to explain the "total" button to this guy or is this something different?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zoopie']DMC (GH) rang up as $19.99 at the TRU in Tacoma, WA :evil: I hate returning stuff, such a hassle![/quote]

Does someone have to explain the "total" button to this guy or is this something different?[/quote]

Does someone have to explain the word "return" to this guy, meaning I bought it, or is he just an idiot who cannot read completely?

[quote name='zoopie'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zoopie']DMC (GH) rang up as $19.99 at the TRU in Tacoma, WA :evil: I hate returning stuff, such a hassle![/quote]

Does someone have to explain the "total" button to this guy or is this something different?[/quote]

Does someone have to explain the word "return" to this guy, meaning I bought it, or is he just an idiot who cannot read completely?[/quote]

Did the back of DMC have that square security patch/alternative UPC over the real UPC?

[quote name='zoopie']DMC (GH) rang up as $19.99 at the TRU in Tacoma, WA :evil: I hate returning stuff, such a hassle![/quote]

If it has a sticker UPC over the original one, it won't ring up at the correct 10 dollar price.

[quote name='taiidanx']Anyone been to the Santa Rosa CA TRU?[/quote]

I'm sure people have been there, and everything is picked over. Worth a look though, just in case.

[quote name='zoopie'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zoopie']DMC (GH) rang up as $19.99 at the TRU in Tacoma, WA :evil: I hate returning stuff, such a hassle![/quote]

Does someone have to explain the word "return" to this guy, meaning I bought it, or is he just an idiot who cannot read completely?[/quote]

Not a nice foot to get started out on, n00bie. It's been a long day.

[quote name='Scorch']Not a nice foot to get started out on, n00bie. It's been a long day.[/quote]

LMAO! I don't get people and their self righteous attitudes on forums. I registered to discuss deals and trade games, not to kneel to those with higher post counts. End discussion.

On topic, the game did have a UPC sticker. Sucks for me I guess :cry:

haha i saw turok evolution for gamecube with a green tag that said 9.99 meaning 5 bucks for the game, i was about too buy it but then i said wait, ITS NOT WORTH 5

Just to clarify, for those of you reading bad information on some of the other forums, the XBox DVD playback kit is not on clearance.

Someone here has already covered this, and I know I had read it earlier, but I saw on another forum that you could pick up the DVD kit for 1/2 of the regular $30 price.

Well, I couldn't resist and stopped in at my local TRU, had the sales clerk scan it and it had the *Promo* tag on the price read out of $29.99. So I asked that he total it to test the price and see if there was any clearance discount and it did not ring up with any discount. Total price with tax was around $31 bucks..

I just thought I would share my sales obsession with you all and clarify the issue with the XBox DVD playback remote...

for you chicago people, i went to the TRU at highland park and there were some good games left

i picked up panzer dragoon orta for $15 and another marvel vs capcom 2

they also had soul caliber 2 and futurama for xbox for $10 and Outlaw Golf (Christmas/Holiday 9 Hole Edition?) for $2.50

[quote name='taiidanx']Anyone been to the Santa Rosa CA TRU?[/quote]

I was there about 2 weeks ago. I found some pretty good stuff and they actually had some green tags on some games, however I found a couple games that weren't tagged but on the list and rang up 50% off. I picked up Alter Echo (XB), Robotech Battlecry (XB), Amplitude (PS2), and Eternal Darkness (GC). They had some other games I wanted but already got them from either the Fairfield TRU or Vallejo TRU.

I'd also check out the San Rafael TRU if you can make it. They had some pretty good options there as well, and many games were green tagged too.

Don't forget to print out that list from the first page. I've been to 4 TRUs around me (I'm in Napa) and never had a problem with the checker when I said, "I don't want any of the games that don't ring up 50% off."

Have fun!

[quote name='Engineer_J']Well I picked up the X-Box DVD remote the first week and got it for $15, must have changed[/quote]

Just my luck, I missed out on that early on. Though I do remember going into my TRU in the beginning and having that scanned and it never showed up with the 50% off - oh well. there's always the used market I guess - though I may try at a couple of other TRUS around here - just in case.

It seems to me TRU purged anything that sold well the first week or so off the list. PofP,SSX3,Silent Hill,BG&E,are all back at $20 bucks now. I talked to the employee there and he said the same thing. The poor soul was allowed to pull all the games he wanted and buy them himself of payday. Well, payday rolls around and his $150 worth of games is now $300 plus. To put up with all the headaches from working at toys r us and still be screwed by the company, thats SOOO wrong.

[quote name='supadupacheap']It seems to me TRU purged anything that sold well the first week or so off the list. PofP,SSX3,Silent Hill,BG&E,are all back at $20 bucks now. I talked to the employee there and he said the same thing. The poor soul was allowed to pull all the games he wanted and buy them himself of payday. Well, payday rolls around and his $150 worth of games is now $300 plus. To put up with all the headaches from working at toys r us and still be screwed by the company, thats SOOO wrong.[/quote]
That is bad. I hate it when you find out that employees do things like that, but I wonder if I would do the same thing in his place.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Couldn't that be considered one of the perks of working there though?[/quote]

Of course it's a perk. The only perk since there's nothing else good in TRU. Mmm. Video games.

I guess I poorly worded it. His boss let him put aside what he wanted until he could buy it on payday. The new list comes out a couple of days BEFORE payday. Boss tells him, sorry fella, you gotta pay the updated prices (so many doubled in price or went to reg price) His boss knew full well he'd have walked with them BEFORE the price change had he been PAID by TRU. So, basically he giveth, then taketh away. THAT is whats wrong (if theyll screw employees, YA KNOW we customers dont matter to them)

[quote name='Santurio']still no extra copies of Star Wars:Rebel Strike anywhere in the Dallas area????[/quote]

fry's had this game on sale for 14.99 a few months ago.

TRU added a bunch of new items to the green tag sale today, unfortunately most of them weren't R-zone items. The only R-zone items added were GC Universal Theme Park Adventure($15) and GC 4X4 Evolution($12.50) for GC. Also, a GBA accessory was added, I think its the GBA Power stand. Also, we were told that there will be more items added every so often to the sale. Bad news, though, the prices will not go below 50%. The 50% off Green Tag sale will stay until 12/31. Maybe after that date they'll go lower, but for those hoping they would be 75% off bad news.

edit: that's after the sale prices.

[quote name='tubtub']TRU added a bunch of new items to the green tag sale today, unfortunately most of them weren't R-zone items. The only R-zone items added were GC Universal Theme Park Adventure($15) and GC 4X4 Evolution($12.50) for GC. Also, a GBA accessory was added, I think its the GBA Power stand. Also, we were told that there will be more items added every so often to the sale. Bad news, though, the prices will not go below 50%. The 50% off Green Tag sale will stay until 12/31. Maybe after that date they'll go lower, but for those hoping they would be 75% off bad news.[/quote]

Are those two game prices before or after 50%, guessing after.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I haven't checked this thread in a long time

But is Shenmue 2 (Xbox) still $9.99?

Yeah, Shenmue 2 still is $10 Wario. And for the person who asked a few posts up, the Xbox DVD remotes are still $15. I think its only the older boxes that ring up $15. The newer boxes may still be $30.

bread's done
Back