*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='Detective_thorn']Links 2004 (Xbox) $9.97 (Due to price drop effective today)[/quote]

I saw a copy of Links 2004 at my local TRU. I didn't know it was $9.99! Is this game any good compared to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004?...[/quote]

Compared to Tiget Woods? No, it's bad by comparison, but if you don't compare it, then it's pretty good. Probably worth 10 dollars.

[quote name='madmage']hey anybody here happen to know if the TRUs in Madison, Wi are doing this sale?[/quote]

yeah both madison stores are doing the sale.. the east side one has a ton of stuff left..as of yesterday they had xiii, deus x, ssx3, batman, prince of persia, sphinx and a bunch of other stuff..for ps2 i know they had two disgaea's left, DMC and some other stuff..the west side one doesn't have as much but i did get swat, indiana jones, and voodoo vince there..also the west side one as of wednesday had the green tags but the east side one did not..

Well, today on my 3rd trip to TRU with only $20 left, I scored...

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (XB) $14.99...

When I was there on Sunday, I asked the cashier, if they had Morrowind, he said no. Today, when I scanned the display case behind the counter, I saw the game! It was a little difficult to spot the game in the display case cause there's no light inside...

I advise all of you to scan the display case for the games you are looking for even if the cashier says they don't have the game...

I wish, I had more money! There are still a couple of Xbox games, I want to get...:D

DAMNIT! I just called 3 of my TRU's in the local area, and none of them had MK:DA! I'm gonna go look anyways just in case.

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='Detective_thorn']Links 2004 (Xbox) $9.97 (Due to price drop effective today)[/quote]

I saw a copy of Links 2004 at my local TRU. I didn't know it was $9.97! Is this game any good compared to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004?...[/quote]

I heard Tiger Woods was much better by comparison. I played Tiger Woods but not Links, and I'm just going to wait for 2004 to get cheap, which I anticipate happening soon when 2005 comes out.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Well, today on my 3rd trip to TRU with only $20 left, I scored...

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (XB) $14.99...

When I was there on Sunday, I asked the cashier, if they had Morrowind, he said no. Today, when I scanned the display case behind the counter, I saw the game! It was a little difficult to spot the game in the display case cause there's no light inside...

I advise all of you to scan the display case for the games you are looking for even if the cashier says they don't have the game...

I wish, I had more money! There are still a couple of Xbox games, I want to get...:D
[/quote]

I looked in the case and saw the disgaea tag with a bunch of them in there, but the first one was turned around. I got all happy for a sec and asked the guy to grab me a copy, but he said they are just display cases:(

Eh, SSX3 for the PS2 is not $10, it hasn't been $10 for days now...I think the price was re-adjusted similar to what they did for R&C: Going Commando.

[quote name='suko_32']So the official GC controllers are on sale???!?[/quote]
Only the indigo ones were at my TRU, and even then they were the older ones - a very large plastic case. The box is about 12" tall. But it rang up at 12.50, so I'm not knocking it.

And think, I swore my only August purchases were gonna be Phantom Brave, Star Ocean: Til The End of Time, and Hot Shots Golf Fore... still on for PB though...

I went to the store in Times Square today. They were less than helpful. First I ask if they have the DDR Ultramix combo and he takes me to the PS2 games saying that's the sequel and all they have is DDR Max. I explained to him it was for Xbox and he said they don't have the game or the combo. I walk to the register area and there is a whole display of the game and dance pads but no bundle unfortunately. It was my first time in that store though and all I can say is WOW. A ferris wheel in the middle of the store and that giant R-Zone. Too bad it's not a local store for me.

Heh, I told myself I'd hold off on buying games for a while, so I could prepare for an onslaught of releases in October. Ya know, save some money.

Well I've got 3 new Xbox games... and now I'll need an Xbox to go with them. Ah, gotta love it! Anyway my goal is to jump on a good Xbox deal in time for Mortal Kombat 6.

Got Super Monkey Ball, XIII, and Perfect Dark. Not great games, but meh. They also had BG&E and Sphinx but I don't know if they are good, and I don't really like platformers.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I went to the store in Times Square today. They were less than helpful. First I ask if they have the DDR Ultramix combo and he takes me to the PS2 games saying that's the sequel and all they have is DDR Max. I explained to him it was for Xbox and he said they don't have the game or the combo. I walk to the register area and there is a whole display of the game and dance pads but no bundle unfortunately. It was my first time in that store though and all I can say is WOW. A ferris wheel in the middle of the store and that giant R-Zone. Too bad it's not a local store for me.[/quote]

I've gotten out of the habit of asking the employees for anything... most can be helpful while others... well... need to rethink that whole 'I quit school after 6th grade' decision...

Me: 'I want to get Simpsons Hit and Run for Xbox." ::drops the display copy on the counter::
TRU Employee (rather dumbfounded): "We don't carry that one at this store..."
Me: "You sure? Cause... it's sitting right there in the glass..."
TRU: "Oh, I'm sorry, sir." ::his dumbass gets the game... for PS2::
Me: "What are you doing? I clearly have the Xbox display case and you clearly have it on Xbox right there. Thank you."
(TRU employee quite oblivious to what I've said, rings up the PS2 copy and runs it over the demagnetizer)
TRU: "This one is half off... that'll be..."
Me: "...going right back in the case, exactly... now please get the Xbox version, I have to leave for work soon..."
TRU: "We're sold out..."
Me: "..." "Let's try this again: hi, I'd like to buy the Xbox version of that PS2 game..."

The exchange goes on for 5 minutes, and time clearly is being wasted... and then it dawns on him that I want the Xbox version... score a cookie for him... kudos on that dental plan too... you too can have teeth that make good necklace ornaments... :shock:

Can't imagine this one being a hot item, but Fighter Maker 2 was (apparently?) marked down recently to $19.99 - making it a $10 purchase, as it's part of the green tag sale.

-Hoshi

[quote name='servbot']which castlevania for the gba is on sale?????[/quote]

Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance are both on sale, apparently. Circle was the first one, sometimes just called Castlevania for GBA. Both are rare at this point, but Harmony is nigh impossible to find.

I scored two older games last week that I didn't see on the list (if you can find them)-

GC
Zoocube 7.50

PS2
Galerians: Ash 7.50
(I was especially excited to find this one- it was the only copy and the girl said that she "found it in the back" a couple of days ago.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='servbot']which castlevania for the gba is on sale?????[/quote]

Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance are both on sale, apparently. Circle was the first one, sometimes just called Castlevania for GBA. Both are rare at this point, but Harmony is nigh impossible to find.[/quote]

Really? There is a Shat load of HoD at my TRU...or wait...hmm. could uv been Aria of Sorrow. Darn. I'll check tomorrow

I haven't seen anything about this store yet so I figured I'd give a report on the Topeka, Kansas store.

I go to school at Univ of Kansas in Lawrence and it's about the same distance to Topeka as it is to the west side of KC (Overland Park, Olathe) so I figured I'd call ahead and see if they had anything in stock after getting some reports on the KC ones masha (thx for the info!) had visited. It's just too far of a distance (30+ miles) to go without getting something in return. I called the Oak Park Mall one in OP and they had nothing I was looking for. The one down south at I-35 and US-69 wouldn't even pick up their phone so I called Topeka.

I called ahead and asked for the video game department and got a very helpful lady who looked to see if they had any of the top games on my list (the $10 Pac Man Vs/Pac Man World, XIII, and Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube). They had all three and she said she would try to hold them for me until the afternoon (I was calling at a break between classes and couldn't make it down there until later on in the day). She said that they would be behind the customer service desk once she left, if she could leave them there. I found out, however, once I got there that she couldn't have. Not a problem, however, as they had 2 of the 3 games in stock and I think the only reason she claimed they did have the PMV/PMW double pack is because I did a poor job of describing it on the phone.

They're one of those stores you guys kindof make fun of where they still have the old school pull tags but I don't care and, in fact, it made things easier ;) There was a guy in the front of the store setting up a green tag table and there were people all over the store tagging stuff and putting up signs. I asked him about some details and he was extremely willing to help and even showed me how to tell on the aisle scanner what is green tagged at their store. They actually showed up on the aisle scanner in the store. It has 3 displays of 2 lines each, I think (memory's a little foggy, I was on 2 hours of sleep): the first says the item, the second will tell you on the second line if it's "Green Tag 50%" and on the third it will have the regular price. If it's marked "Green Tag", take 50% off that regular price: it's that easy. A quick note on the pull tags there: they only have as many of the item as they have tags. I found this odd because when I worked at Office Max, we printed out tons of tags because people would just walk off with the pull tags but not buy the item. But there it seemed to work for them. Then again, I get the impression it's not a high volume store.

So, I spent about 15 minutes just checking tags of practically any game I wanted. Off the top of my head, I know these didn't work (all are either Gamecube or GBA)- most were unlikely but I wanted to try: Sonic Mega Collection (drat- I figured it had a shot), Mega Man Anniversary Collection, MGS: Twin Snakes, Mario Kart DD, Ultimate Card Games (as opposed to Brain Games which was on clearance), Advance Wars 2, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

The follwing games I was looking for but couldn't find: Arc the Lad Collection (aw), Dragon Warrior 7 (double aw), Disgaea (triple aw), .hack 3 (quadruple aw). So, I didn't get my PS1 RPGs and a friend of mine who wanted me to check for the latter two was also out of luck. They didn't have the Gamecube Resident Evil 2 or 3 ports (I figured there was a good shot those would be reduced and I'd like to collect the entire set), N64 Conkurs (a friend of mine bought his when it came out for $60 and I got it for $10 a year or two later and we kid each other about that so I wanted to get a $2.50 one as a gag gift), Phantasy Star Online for DC or GC, REZ (could someone explain to me the expensive obsession over that game?).

But here's what I did get (my ticket checking paid off as I found a game I haven't seen on any list yet):
*NEW* NBA Street Volume 2 GH $10
XIII $10 (I think I got the last copy)
Super Monkey Ball $10
Ultimate Brain Games $15 (last copy, too, I think)

Didn't find any guides for 0.01 but almost all the ones I grabbed rang up at 50% off when I check them on the aisle scanner so while you may not get a steal, you can pick them up for $7 each.

They had some odd system deals: the PSOne was not 50% off but the two LCD's were both half off with original prices of something like $100 and $130. There were no Zelda Gamecubes and while I didn't look too closely, they had the old school TRU video game displays where all the systems were on one aisle behind glass and those had already been green tagged (while the games hadn't been). They had no systems or mem cards on sale for the current big three. However, they did have the "buy the TRU exclusive black GBA and get one of the select games" promo and they had GBAs with e-readers in stock and I think those were green tagged, but don't quote me on that fact.

To add one more bit of oddity, the Dreamcast Sports 3-Pack was 22.98 (I think) marked 50% off so add ~$11 to the list of prices for that set. They had a small stack of Dreamcast stuff (a couple of copies of Chu Chu Rocket, the hideous looking Typing of the Dead, and a couple of other things but really nothing of note) that were 9.98 and green tagged.

Lastly, I snagged a couple of non-video game items from the store (sorry if this long winding narrative veers too much off topic). They had some old giant Pokemon plushes already marked down clearance to 7.98 and 9.98 for a Togepi and Meowth, respectively. They were green tagged so I got two giant plush Pokemon for under $10 total and they had at least 2 or 3 more of each. There was quite a bit of Lego stuff out on the table but they were really just getting started setting that up. This weekend, I bet they'll have their green tags out in full force as they were working feverishly to get this all done. They seemed excited just to be getting some business.

EDIT: Forgot that I had overheard, apparently they have green tagged some of their bikes so you can get a bike for $60 or $70 or so.

I was extremely thrilled. I didn't get every game I wanted but the service was great from the girl on the phone to the guy hauling all the green tag stuff around answering the questions about the sale (tons and tons of Bionicles most of the time I was there), to the guy in the video game department who answered some questions about the pull tags and what they had marked so far. Thanks for the sale notice, guys!

SI

[quote name='taiidanx']From one relative newb to another, welcome to the boards![/quote]

Thanks much. I wandered over here after seeing the mention on Fat Wallet and it looks like I've stumbled on a gold mine. Well, in the sense that now I can hear about great gaming deals even better so rather than only being able to buy 3 or 4 games a semester, I can get 10 or 12 (unless, it's an extremely good deal, I'm strictly a "personal use" buyer). Thanks for the welcome :D

SI

Anyone from the DFW area seen any of these games left at one of the local stores ? Any help would be appreciated.

GBA:
Klonoa, Castlevania: COM, Castlevania: HOD

Gamecube:
Starwars: Rougue Squadron III, Summoner 2 (or know if the PS2 version is also on the deal)

PS2:
.hack 3, Guilty Gear X or X 2, SOCOM w/ Headset, ZOE 2, Shinobi

XBOX:
D&D Heroes, Dead or Alive 3, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, MvC2, Serious Sam, SWAT

Also anyone seens any of the GBA that are on sale ? thanks.

I am still looking for .hack Part 3 and Front Mission 3. Can anyone help me out?

My haul from the TRU sale:

- Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox) - $15
- Otogi (Xbox) - $15
- Crimson Skies (Xbox) - $15
- Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) - $15
- Ikaruga (GCN) - $20
- Medal of Honor: Frontline (GCN) - $10
- Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (PS2) - $10

Overall, a pretty darn good haul!!! :D

[quote name='Rayray']

PS2
Galerians: Ash 7.50
(I was especially excited to find this one- it was the only copy and the girl said that she "found it in the back" a couple of days ago.[/quote]

Anyone know if this game is any good? My TRU has it too.

[quote name='sterlingice']I haven't seen anything about this store yet so I figured I'd give a report on the Topeka, Kansas store.

I go to school at Univ of Kansas in Lawrence and it's about the same distance to Topeka as it is to the west side of KC (Overland Park, Olathe) so I figured I'd call ahead and see if they had anything in stock after getting some reports on the KC ones masha (thx for the info!) had visited. It's just too far of a distance (30+ miles) to go without getting something in return. I called the Oak Park Mall one in OP and they had nothing I was looking for. The one down south at I-35 and US-69 wouldn't even pick up their phone so I called Topeka. [/quote]

Glad you found something in Topeka. I've checked 4 stores in KC and found Olathe had worst selection. OP had many display boxes on floor of games I wanted but they said none were in stock. Independence store (East of the Sports Complex) had fairly good selection and I found Simpsons H&R there (they were OOS at other 3); but store just north of Bannister Mall had best selection by far and it may be worth calling at least.

Well, I think I may try one more time on my way home today from work....different TRU this time though. Trying the Roseville store in MI.

I want for XBOX:
The Sims
Prince of Persia
KOTOR (if it was on sale)

and wahtever else they have....

I could have sworn I saw a list of 50% off guides earlier on in the topic.... Is it true or did my eyes deceive me? :p

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone from the DFW area seen any of these games left at one of the local stores ? Any help would be appreciated.

GBA:
Klonoa, Castlevania: COM, Castlevania: HOD

Gamecube:
Starwars: Rougue Squadron III, Summoner 2 (or know if the PS2 version is also on the deal)

PS2:
.hack 3, Guilty Gear X or X 2, SOCOM w/ Headset, ZOE 2, Shinobi

XBOX:
D&D Heroes, Dead or Alive 3, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, MvC2, Serious Sam, SWAT

Also anyone seens any of the GBA that are on sale ? thanks.[/quote]

Yes, the Frisco, TX store has the glacier GBA for $35. I was there yesterday evening and there was still a display on the shelf, they go into the back to get them. They also have many copies of SWAT for Xbox. They did not have any of the GBA or GCN games you mentioned. Not sure about the PS2 games.

[quote name='sterlingice']But here's what I did get (my ticket checking paid off as I found a game I haven't seen on any list yet):
*NEW* NBA Street Volume 2 GH $10[/quote]

NBA Street Vol. 2 is part of the sale? Sweet, I've been wanting that one for a while. Is that for all three systems?

Sure hope so.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I think I may try one more time on my way home today from work....different TRU this time though. Trying the Roseville store in MI.

I want for XBOX:
The Sims
Prince of Persia
KOTOR (if it was on sale)

and wahtever else they have....[/quote]

The Sterling Heights store had quite a few copies of PoP and The Sims for XBox last weekend. You may want to call first before making the trip.

[quote name='nasdaq']Is Knights of the Old Republic on the Green tag sale list?[/quote]

I checked at my local TRU in CT and KOTR is not a part of the Green tag sale. I had it scanned and totalled and it came up $29.99 yesterday.

green tags were out in my store and signs now are up at all the displays letting the general public know that Green Tagged items are 50% off price listed.

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='6669'][quote name='Magician']I could have sworn I saw a list of 50% off guides earlier on in the topic.... Is it true or did my eyes deceive me? :p[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12584&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=560[/quote]

Thank you 6669. Nice avatar, by the way. Where's it from?[/quote]
No problem, and thanx. The avatar is one of the snowboarders from 1080 Avalanche. My b/f made it for me cuz he thinks I look just like her when I'm pissed off at him :D.

well to give some info the sale showed different numbers than posted

First Mario Kart DD was NOT on sale at all

and Boktia was $7.48

craptastic..

i just picked up the following for Gamecube:

Auto Modellista (haven't seen this noted anywhere)
Tube Slider
Metal Arms
Star Wars: Rebel Strike

All $10. The Star Wars demo disc was marked $9.99 and it actually rang up for $9.98. Suck; i really wanted to play the old school SW game, guess i'll wait on that one.

My [closest] store has the following:

CIMA
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow
Arc the Lad Collection
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

There's probably a few others; i just noted the ones i wanted. All bundles are of course back to regular price.

i ran into the fucker who bought up the last two copies of REZ at the CC sale and ebayed them. He's planning to return to the area to pick up games to sell online sometime tomorrow.

i plan to sweep about five stores tomorrow; if anyone wants a game, even one not listed aside from REZ; if i find a copy it's mine ^_^;;), let me know. i'm charging $5 per game to cover my time and expenses, plus shipping, but no tax unless the tax is greater than $5. i've got feedback on ebay as aoi tsuki.

Edit: Unless it benefits the thread, i'll respond via PM. Also, please separate games by system and use the full title to ensure accuracy.

bread's done
Back