*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

today at my Toys R Us I picked up Vagrant Story (PS1) for 9.90, I was surprise to see it there, since a lot of the good games were cleared out a week ago.

I been told by employees today Every game with GREEN Tag Sticker Price is 50% off sale.

Kinda Suprise me I found Ninja Gaiden Displayed case with Green STicker Price Tag $49.99.

I take the displayed case to cashier register "ArE you sure this game is 50% off"

Both of the Guys say "YES"

Walked out the door with the game under $27 :)

[quote name='tenzor']today at my Toys R Us I picked up Vagrant Story (PS1) for 9.90, I was surprise to see it there, since a lot of the good games were cleared out a week ago.[/quote]

They probably found it in stock room today. I got my Front Mission 3 this way.

[quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain']Ya, I don't think NG would be on the 50% off sale.

I went tonight to return Turok Evolution (ITS HORRIBLE) and picked up Silent Hill 2 (PH) and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. I might go back and pick up Futurama (Xbox). Does any one know if its worth 10? And if it is crap, does it have trade in value?[/quote]

Futurama isn't crap if you are a huge fan of the show. The VO's by the cast of the show is worth the price in my mind. The game doesn't play great, but I enjoy the VO's and storyline, that's really the only reason to get it, plus, so-called "unaired footage from the show" is on the game, take that for what it's worth, I'd get it if I were you, it's a pretty rare game, not sure about any trade-in values though, probably not much. Maybe 7-10 dollars.[/quote]Doesn't sound too bad, I'll pick it up for the hell of it. And I'll check on that MTV Music Generator 3 for ya too.[/quote]

All right, thanks! My TRU has a ton and I'm curious of the price of it, it'd make a great gift if it's 15 dollars. Remember, don't buy me one, just check it out for me. ;)

Ninja Gaiden for $25 is a steal considering all the XBL updates they are making for it. I bought this game back in March and still play it alot, can't wait for Ninja Gaiden 2!

well, gonna actually post if it AUTOMATICALLY TOTALED at the register or not instead of just crowing about it?
if its a price mistake, its one incident that benefits no one else, because its only that store that marked it?
but if its the price throughout the system, it benefits others, because they can get it, even if it hasn't been tagged?
most of my games have not been tagged in this deal, target deal, cc deal, etc.
thanks in advance if a brother is actually gonna provide some real info

[quote name='Masterkyo']I been told by employees today Every game with GREEN Tag Sticker Price is 50% off sale.

Kinda Suprise me I found Ninja Gaiden Displayed case with Green STicker Price Tag $49.99.

I take the displayed case to cashier register "ArE you sure this game is 50% off"

Walked out the door with the game under $27 :)[/quote]

I called over to TRU and they said that Ninja Gaiden wasn't a Green Tag game.

Methinks I'd like to see proof of this, so I know what to tell them when I go in there. Receipt scan, anyone?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Masterkyo']I been told by employees today Every game with GREEN Tag Sticker Price is 50% off sale.

Walked out the door with the game under $27 :)[/quote]

I called over to TRU and they said that Ninja Gaiden wasn't a Green Tag game.

Methinks I'd like to see proof of this, so I know what to tell them when I go in there. Receipt scan, anyone?[/quote]

You never know. Maybe the game is slated to go PH or something and drop to 19.99? If so, TRU could make a little more by selling their copies now for $25

[quote name='Nutts']You never know. Maybe the game is slated to go PH or something and drop to 19.99? If so, TRU could make a little more by selling their copies now for $25[/quote]

PH on Ninja Gaiden would definately be cool, especially with the Hurricane Pack they have for it.

Reality's Fringe said:
I think I should stop going to TRU. I've spent damn near $200, and I'm going to college next week. Must....resist.....nerd....tendencies....

hopefully you're not going into any computer-related field, or you'll face that forever.

I have to stop going to TRU as well. They just pulled out hundreds of older PS1 and PS2 games, which I figured would happen, especially after I asked the manager last week and she told me they sold all their PS1 titles. Two copies of Arc the Lad Collection left! At the rate I'm going, this is going to be my last semester of college...

I went to TRU for the 5th time, yesterday! I only had $15, so, I only bought...

New Legends (XB) $6.49

My TRU finally put up the 50% off flyers in front of the store. They also put green tags on PSOne games and games that are only on the clearance shelves. There are lots of games that still don't have green tags...

Is Totaled! worth $15?...

I went to TRU tonight and found out that the list will be changed, because the employers were bitching about how half of the list of the games they had on the list completely changed already, even though they were marked with the green tags.

So I'd get your games now before they change the ones you want.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']does anyone nkow when this ends or is it until they sell out.[/quote]

I asked the same question 2 pages ago.

Reality's Fringe said:
December 31st, according to an in-store sign.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']does anyone nkow when this ends or is it until they sell out.[/quote]

I remember someone saying Dec 31st or until supplies run out earlier this week..?

Add Clock Tower 2 for PS1 to the list.

I snagged it in Palatine for $7.

Also I got the 3 different Pokemon Mini cartridges for $2.50 each. Now to track down the system.....

[quote name='vgamergirl']FYI: Ninja Gaiden for XBOX absolutely does *NOT* ring up at 50% off ( tested it at the Glendale, CA TRU ).

..it's regular price: $49.99

-V[/quote]

Yeah, so, either he was lying, or it's a major YMMV.

If anyone's interested in Guilty Gear X2, King of Fighters 2000/2001, Arc the Lad Collection, or anything else, for that matter (except Front Mission 3 or Marvel vs. Capcom), let me know. My TRU still has quite a few of the more sought-after titles.

Reality's Fringe said:
I think I should stop going to TRU. I've spent damn near $200, and I'm going to college next week. Must....resist.....nerd....tendencies....

I need to stop too. I spend over $300 in 3 trips, but I doubt I could stop if more new list of games will be on sale.

2 questions:
1. Does anyone have any idea what the price that the Mickey Mouse game (GCN) has ben ringing up for?
2. Let's say that I took the ticket for an Xbox console to a price checking station, and it rang up as "FALL 03 XBOX PROMO" or something like that. Does that indicate if the bundle would have a discount if totaled at the register?

[quote name='Querjek']2. Let's say that I took the ticket for an Xbox console to a price checking station, and it rang up as "FALL 03 XBOX PROMO" or something like that. Does that indicate if the bundle would have a discount if totaled at the register?[/quote]

No. Almost all items ring up as PROMO - the only ones that are 50% off are the ones that SAY "Green Tagged - 50% off". The scanner will also give you the regular price and the price after the 50% off.

went yesterday and got exhibition 1 for 2.50 and they had ton of them. I also got disneys extreme skate adventure, played the demo on oxm and thought it was decent, lol.

total 13 or so :)

Ok guys, I swear, today si the LAST day I'm going back, and I SWEAR I'll spend under $70. Just want to pick up a few more GC games and maybe a MVC2 for the Xbox.....and maybe Panzer Orta....and maybe....no no NO GOD NO!!!

Ok, I went to Westport CT TRU and they had:
2? - BG&E (Xbox)
Some - Virtua Tennis (GBA)
1 - Castlevania CotM (GBA)
2? - PoP (GBA)
? - Bloodrayne (Cube)
1 - Pacman VS/2 (Cube)
1 - Megaman 64 (N64)
1 - FF Tactics (Greatest (PS1))
tons of Perfect Darks, RE, Pokemon Snap for N64
various Dreamcast games (I dont know about them)

other games as well, but I didnt have a list and the guy didnt show me the store copy. Not all the games that are listed were green tagged so I dont know if they are half off for sure (despite list at start).
Hope that helps anyone still browsing TRU.

Just got back from mine, and it was wiped out.

Althrough I snagged the last copy of C&C Generals: Zero Hour for $10 instead of $20, so I feel that the trip was worth it :)

Reality's Fringe said:
Ok guys, I swear, today si the LAST day I'm going back, and I SWEAR I'll spend under $70. Just want to pick up a few more GC games and maybe a MVC2 for the Xbox.....and maybe Panzer Orta....and maybe....no no NO GOD NO!!!

I hear you :D

Ok, I'm back.....and I DID spend less than 70! Oh yeah! Picked up MOH:FL for the GC, MVC2 fo Xbox, a perfect Dark for the N64, Midway arcade Treasures(GC0 and Namco Museum(gc) both for ten bucks. I also remembered the penny strategy guides and managed to snag a Nintendo Power WW guide!!!! YEAH!!!!

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='vgamergirl']FYI: Ninja Gaiden for XBOX absolutely does *NOT* ring up at 50% off ( tested it at the Glendale, CA TRU ).

..it's regular price: $49.99

-V[/quote]

Yeah, so, either he was lying, or it's a major YMMV.[/quote]

i think he just got lucky. he's basically a vetaran of CAG so i don't think he would lie. :lol: ah well, lucky him.

Yay, I got some good deals from the Parkersburg/Vienna TRU:
1. Ikaruga $20 (they have lots more)
2. PS2 horizontal stand $2.48 (2 more)
3. Mark of Kri ($7.48, you have to dig for it but there are lots more)
4. Silpheed (PS2, $4.98, the same thing as Mark of Kri)
5. Go! Go! Hypergrind! $9.99 (no more left)
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)
I'm considering trading those PS2 games as they're still sealed...

All I got today was:
Dragon's Lair 3-D(XB) $10
Gladiator(XB) $15
I didn't see either of those on the list and didn't know if anybody wanted them but there you are!!!

[quote name='Querjek']
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)[/quote]

I dont know why that game deserves so much excitement, it got decent reviews (5.0 on gamespot) and is basically like $20 which is the same price as some greatest hits games that would prob have been more fun.

The TRU on Morse Rd. in Columbus, OH has Silent Hill 3 for $9.99.
It's green tagged at $19.99, and even rings up as such, but the manager knocked down the price without blinking an eye.

A TRU in my area just got some more PS2 bundles in over the weekend, but I was quickly disappointed...

I tried to ring it up every possible way:
- Regular price check without ringing up - Nope
- Check out as if I'm going to buy it (after total) - Nope
- Same as above with 2 different SKU # - Nope
- Same as first with the actual PS2 Serial - Didn't work

So if anyone has any information that might help me get this item (different SKU, other info.), please shoot me a PM. If not, this may have been finally removed from the list, which makes me fear they've also removed the Zelda GC Bundle.

[quote name='Odibil']If not, this may have been finally removed from the list, which makes me fear they've also removed the Zelda GC Bundle.[/quote]

Maybe it's just in my area, but I don't think it even matters if they take the Zelda bundle off the list. I haven't seen one for months, even at $99. I would say the odds of finding one anywhere are pretty slim.

Reality's Fringe]Anyone else's TRU have Megaman 64 still marked at 49.99? Man said:
Yeah, so it's the LOW LOW OMG BUY IT price of $24.90 at my TRU.

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='Querjek']
6. Super Bust-a-Move 3000 (GCN, no more, suckers :p !!)

I dont know why that game deserves so much excitement, it got decent reviews (5.0 on gamespot) and is basically like $20 which is the same price as some greatest hits games that would prob have been more fun.[/quote]
It's supposedly rare. Search for completed auctions of it on eBay. You'll see then...

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='KurtCobain']Ya, I don't think NG would be on the 50% off sale.

I went tonight to return Turok Evolution (ITS HORRIBLE) and picked up Silent Hill 2 (PH) and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. I might go back and pick up Futurama (Xbox). Does any one know if its worth 10? And if it is crap, does it have trade in value?[/quote]

Futurama isn't crap if you are a huge fan of the show. The VO's by the cast of the show is worth the price in my mind. The game doesn't play great, but I enjoy the VO's and storyline, that's really the only reason to get it, plus, so-called "unaired footage from the show" is on the game, take that for what it's worth, I'd get it if I were you, it's a pretty rare game, not sure about any trade-in values though, probably not much. Maybe 7-10 dollars.[/quote]Doesn't sound too bad, I'll pick it up for the hell of it. And I'll check on that MTV Music Generator 3 for ya too.[/quote]

All right, thanks! My TRU has a ton and I'm curious of the price of it, it'd make a great gift if it's 15 dollars. Remember, don't buy me one, just check it out for me. ;)[/quote]I checked to see if they had it, but they dont have crap anymore. I wanted another Cube controller, but the indigo ones are 25. So I picked up Magic Pengel, and returned Futurama.

i got star wars rogue squadron 3 today for ten, i also mentioned too the cashier that the game came with a bonus disk that was near the game and priced seperatly, she then asked me where and i point too the section, she gave me the bonus disk for free stating that she was the one who put out the games this morning and didnt realize the other part was a bonus, so for ten i got the bonus disk and the game, victory

bread's done
Back