Official XBL Arcade BITCHING thread

danny-o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Didnt check if there was already a thread about this so if there is, throw it in there. Anyway this is for people like me who love to bitch about XBLA. If you dont want to hear it, dont read it!

A few weeks ago we got screwqed out of an arcade release with the Kameo UNO pack which I thought sucked even though I got it free from a glitch.

This week MS managed to top themselves with shitty releases this wednesday by releasing a freaking patch for an old arcade game. I seriously cant believe they expect me to think a patch for texas hold'em could count for an arcade game. And it doesnt even do much (theres not even camera support yet). I dont play the game anymore anyway.

Months ago MS promised that all these games were coming from Konami and other publishers and they would all be here by the holidays. I know things usually dont go smoothly with game releases but Im sure they can get Centipede out pretty quickly if they wanted to.

Thats another thing. I dont plan on buying any of the atari games at all. I dont get how Defender's file size is nearly the same size as the Small Arms file. On MAME Its probably under 500k.

WOOT .. yep XBLA fucking sucks all these 25 year old games suck ass
wtf are you thinking MS

GREAT idea but you seem to be failing miserably

Aside from the BS with the TH'EM patch this week, did anyone notice Lumines wasn't even in the top 10 of played XBLA games this week? Thank god the message is being sent.

Funny I wrote this a couple of weeks ago, and it's just gotten worse since (shameless plug):

http://www.spotanime.com/2006/11/17/greg-canessa-must-go/

Top Reasons why Greg Canessa must be replaced as General Manager for Xbox Live Arcade:

Lumines - Do I even need to elaborate? $15 for demo game modes and a gimped Challenge mode (only 12 skins available with the base pack). Even though the news was leaked [link broken] months before the game was released, Microsoft never informed, or should I say warned, consumers before they spent their hard-earned points.

Street Fighter II - Announced in January 2006 for an “early 2006″ release. This thing didn’t even get released until August 2006, and the promised online multiplayer mode was barely playable in the final product. It’s as if Microsoft just dumped it to the Marketplace in its unfinished state, instead of having to field questions about when would it eventually be released. All that for a fifteen year-old arcade title which probably saw a better home version on the 16-bit SNES than the triple-core Xbox 360.

Texas Hold ‘em - Garnered press in March 2006 because it was announced as a free Xbox Live Arcade title. Fast forward to late July 2006, and my main man Greg quietly let it slip the game wasn’t going to be free, for no apparent reason. Mass hysteria ensues, and Microsoft appeases the horde by making the game free for the first 48 hours of availability on the Marketplace. I would venture to guess those who have it got it for free, the others who had to pay probably didn’t even bother. Especially since it kinda sucks.

Where’s the Beef? - When the Xbox 360 launched last year, it had a pretty solid catalog of Xbox Live Arcade titles. Sure there was the random Robotron clone, or clones, but nonetheless it was a good mix of original and classic titles. How many of us, desparate during that lull of 360 winter releases, were pleasantly surprised to discover Wik: Fable of Souls or my personal favorite, the strategy title Outpost Kaloki X? Since then, the only notable original title has been NinjaBee’s follow-up, Cloning Clyde. The rest have been a glut of overpriced classic titles of which people already own the exact same version on three other consoles (see Namco, Midway). Why include these as formal “releases” is beyond me - the majority of retro titles should just appear en masse to the Marketplace, with the high-profile (SFII, UMK3) or original titles receving the backing of Microsoft’s hype and promotion.

He Said/She Said - Worms is finished, says Team17. Introversion is willing to pimp Darwinia on the service. Space Giraffe and Alien Hominid are rumored as ready to roll. Yet Microsoft is so desparate for consistent releases, they end up dumping said retro classics on a weekly basis. Yes that sounds like a bottleneck to me, one that only a management change can address.

Xbox Live Arcade is a great idea that seemed to have grown faster than its team structure could handle. Now that the service has become just as important as any Xbox 360 game, it’s time that Microsoft makes a change to recapture that initial feeling.

Someone from NinjaBee left a reply, basically saying hang in there, more stuff is on the way. But I kind of feel like the developers are doing damage control so that consumers won't leave the service in frustration. I'm sure the developers are probably just as disappointed as we are that their titles aren't getting put up.

This was a topic on the PlayerOne Podcast this week as well.

EDIT: There is also an interesting thread on NeoGAF regarding XBLA sales. Some surprises there with how bad/good some titles sold.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']If they give me a good version of Bomberman, Return Fire, and/or Chu Chu Rocket I wouldn't have time to complain about anything they did.[/QUOTE]
Awh man! Return Fire would be so sweet. The first one please!

Seems like it should be called official XBL Arcade wish list thread :p

in that case

Xmen TMNT and Simpsons arcade games PLEASE

Gunsmoke would be nice too

Im getting tired of the games, like frogger, that are just the center of the screen, about 1/3 of it in WS, then bars on the sides. Just seems to cheap.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Im getting tired of the games, like frogger, that are just the center of the screen, about 1/3 of it in WS, then bars on the sides. Just seems to cheap.[/QUOTE]

It's because they aren't remakes created for XBLA. They're just the original games with some achievements and a new menu thrown on. Older games had crappy resolutions.

i would love to see more original games rather than rehashed crap like frogger.

that saying, i did buy galaga, only because my ex-gf loved it.

[quote name='danny-o']I dont get how Defender's file size is nearly the same size as the Small Arms file. On MAME Its probably under 500k.[/QUOTE]

Updated graphics.

[quote name='Sporadic']Updated graphics.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. When Pac-Man was released, people were wondering why the file size was so large. I heard it was also because of the 5.1 sound.

Remember though that even if a game doesn't have "updated" graphics, they still overhaul the original version. Sound is one part, but they also clean up the graphics for 720p. All those sprites have to be updated in higher resolutions while preserving the original look.

I think MS never realized how fast they would be able to fill that 50MB limit.

I have a lot to bitch about the XBLA.

it really isn't living up to my expectations.

I guess they are just going to release one game or patch a week from now on...pretty stupid.

[quote name='Apossum']I have a lot to bitch about the XBLA.

it really isn't living up to my expectations.

I guess they are just going to release one game or patch a week from now on...pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

Well, Nintendo is also doing one day a week BUT... they've already said they are doing anywhere from 1 - 5 games every Monday.

MS needs to start adopting this strategy.

By doing one day a week, the 90% of customers who don't care about Galaga or Centipede will have more to choose from.

Retro games should come 2 or 3 at a time, big releases should come all by themselves.

[quote name='javeryh']I hate lag. I also hate playing 4-way games with an 8-way pad.[/QUOTE]

Me too actually. I can't believe they or even a 3rd party like Logitech or Mad Catz could've seen some gold at the end of imaginary tunnel and created a retro controller like what Nintendo did with the Wii, only preferably wireless.

[quote name='Roufuss']

Retro games should come 2 or 3 at a time, big releases should come all by themselves.[/QUOTE]

In order for this to happen then retro games would have to drop achievements and live awareness, including multiplayer over live. Most retro games still have at LEAST a 6 month development cycle, believe it or not.

Nintendo is able to do what they are doing because they are just strictly creating an emulator for that particular game, much like Microsoft does with Xbox games. Easy thing to pull of in batches.

I'm not sure why people still think retro games should only take 3 weeks to get on live from start to finish, it's completely untrue.

[quote name='thrustbucket']In order for this to happen then retro games would have to drop achievements and live awareness, including multiplayer over live. Most retro games still have at LEAST a 6 month development cycle, believe it or not.

Nintendo is able to do what they are doing because they are just strictly creating an emulator for that particular game, much like Microsoft does with Xbox games. Easy thing to pull of in batches.

I'm not sure why people still think retro games should only take 3 weeks to get on live from start to finish, it's completely untrue.[/QUOTE]

Then why don't they work on multiple retro games simultaneously? Or hell, devote more time to maybe 1 or 2 really good retro games that haven't been ported to a bajillion different consoles?

If it takes so much manpower and so many resources (6 months) to port over fucking Centipede, maybe they shouldn't waste their time.

Honestly, the improved graphics aren't THAT great in any of these retro games.

And most of the retro achievements look like they were made in 5 seconds of thought, espically most of Namco's releases.

For me I'd thought playing UMK3 on XBLA would be fun...NOT!! I wanted to play it with the DOA 4 Stick can't.....So I'm thinking ok Xbox Arcade Games that doesn't support a joystick controls.....Lame.We all know that(360) controller isgood for 360 games....not the classics.I demand a classic controller such as theWii. As well for Contra there's more frame than screenplay....that B!tC[-] shouldbe fullscreen 4:3 & 16:9 for techheads. Okay that's enough b!tching for me.I would like to see the following games for XBLA in 2007.......Bad Dudes,The Immortal, Journey to Silius, Pit fighter (Genesis ed), & Dungeons & Dragons(Arcade ver).

[quote name='Roufuss']Then why don't they work on multiple retro games simultaneously? Or hell, devote more time to maybe 1 or 2 really good retro games that haven't been ported to a bajillion different consoles?

If it takes so much manpower and so many resources (6 months) to port over fucking Centipede, maybe they shouldn't waste their time.

Honestly, the improved graphics aren't THAT great in any of these retro games.

And most of the retro achievements look like they were made in 5 seconds of thought, espically most of Namco's releases.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft isn't porting them, usually very small companies are, who are outsourced.

I tend to agree with you, in many cases it isn't really worth it. However, it keeps happening because bob and his friend steve have always wanted to get in the video game industry. They don't have enough money to hire artists and programmers but they know how to program themselves. They decide to ask MS if they will approve a port of X arcade game. MS says yes. Bob and Steve, alone, spend the next 6 months porting X arcade game after work at nights, and then make a pretty fat profit off of it because they had almost no overhead. (Often around 70%)

This is why they keep coming, similar scenarios.

Another part of the problem is Microsofts QA/Aproval department isn't big enough to really handle more than 1 or 2 games at at ime. So even if 5 developers finish their games at once, you are likely not going to see all 5 of them up on live for a couple months. I think (hope) this will change now that the competition is ramping up.

I fully agree that microsoft needs to be doing all they can right now to fatten the pipe of original games, classic games, everything. I personally know of a number of unannounced games that are originals, and pretty cool. There are are least a couple hundred XBLA games unnounced, but in development so let's Microsoft slaps the live pony on the ass. I see no reason why in 6 months we aren't seeing multiple releases a week.

[quote name='Melhavic']For me I'd thought playing UMK3 on XBLA would be fun...NOT!! I wanted to play it with the DOA 4 Stick can't.....So I'm thinking ok Xbox Arcade Games that doesn't support a joystick controls.....Lame.We all know that(360) controller isgood for 360 games....not the classics.I demand a classic controller such as theWii. As well for Contra there's more frame than screenplay....that B!tC[-] shouldbe fullscreen 4:3 & 16:9 for techheads. Okay that's enough b!tching for me.I would like to see the following games for XBLA in 2007.......Bad Dudes,The Immortal, Journey to Silius, Pit fighter (Genesis ed), & Dungeons & Dragons(Arcade ver).[/QUOTE]

Lucky you.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802511

New bitching.
It seems that the wonderful Texas Holdem patch is giving alot of problems to people who downloaded it. Being unable to connect to online games and it also seems to cause data loss for other arcade titles. What does that mean? I dont know, I aint downloading the crap anyway.

One of the biggest things that surprises me about the XBLA is that now two competitors have entered the online content delivery market. Although Sony's is a joke, MS is now competing with the Wii and their content delivery of games that were not only very successful during their time, but also quality titles that are instantly familiar and playable to a wide audience. I'd almost rate many of XBLA's games to that of cellphone games with the incentive of achievements.

If it's true that they are sitting on something like Worms, Alien Hominid, etc... then somebody needs their ass handed a pink slip. They are majorly dropping the ball here.. not only in terms of quality, but in quantity. I own both a Wii and a 360.. and right now, I'd rather spend $10 on Mario 64 instead of buying a broken Lumines.

I posted somewhere else that I think MS is widening release gaps in order to maximize each arcade game's sales potential.. but they need to open the floodgates to be competitive. This is just a bad business move.

If I were in charge of XBLA.. and I had to compete against cheaper classic first party Nintendo titles with Defender and Frogger.. I'd shit my pants and start a job hunt.

... I don't like how the buttons cannot be remapped in Contra. I just instinctively try to use the opposite two buttons for jump and fire. This was also why I sold my GC copy of MM Anniversary Collection. It just really would've been better to map BOTH sets, just as an alt fire or something. It'd be like Sonic having A alone mapped and leaving B and C dead.

It's doable for those of us who STILL can't find the NES version, but it's just disappointing.

The others I have no qualms with. Even as it is, I still love Dig Dug. It'd've been cute to give the enhanced graphic option as in Time Pilot, but I accept that. The 'Dig' achievement is hard to manage, though.

Between Live and the Wii VC, however, I side with Live. Some of us don't HAVE local players and online is good. And for game hoarders who still own the NES and such. We got rumble in our N64 games, hurr hurr hurr!

But yeah, Live needs more realeases, though the staggering is nice so as to not be utterly mind-boggling daunting to those who buy points rarely.

Microsoft doesn't want to completely flood their own controlled market.

As many developers have signed on, many haven't. So they stagger the releases to increase revenue so they present this information to a developer on the fence. I'll use Small Arms as an example. Let's say Microsoft decided to release Small Arms, Gyruss, Street Race NYC, and Settlers of Catan all in one week. Not only are you going to be less inclined to spent $30 on Arcade games...some games are going to be forgotten and their sales will be down.

Fast forward six months.

So imagine you're Developer X and you're interested in making an Xbox Live Arcade game. You phone up your buddy over at Gastronaut Studios and ask "Hey buddy. I'm thinking about making an Xbox Live Arcade game. Any opinions?" Unfortunately, Gastronaut's sales numbers are weak because Small Arms was pitted against three other games in the same week. So, hypothetically, they'll say its not worth it. They spent years developing a game and the market was too flooded for them to turn a profit.

Or, and this is my conclusion regarding the arcade...

Fire Greg Canessa because he's a total douchebag.

IMO, too much is being charged for retro downloads, and their 50MB download limit is stupid (causing games to be stripped apart). At least Sony isn't allowing games like Pac-Man, Galaga, or any very old arcade game on their download service (since they feel $5 is a ripoff for it).

[quote name='thrustbucket']Another part of the problem is Microsofts QA/Aproval department isn't big enough to really handle more than 1 or 2 games at at ime. So even if 5 developers finish their games at once, you are likely not going to see all 5 of them up on live for a couple months. I think (hope) this will change now that the competition is ramping up.[/QUOTE]

Again, management should be at fault for this. They are the bottleneck, and they've had a year to ramp up staff in order to meet the influx of XBLA titles and consumer demand.

If they are looking at sales figures of individual titles to justify additional overhead, that wouldn't be a fair analysis. People aren't buying crap titles because their crap, not because the consumer base isn't interested in the service.

[quote name='terribledeli']Microsoft doesn't want to completely flood their own controlled market.

As many developers have signed on, many haven't. So they stagger the releases to increase revenue so they present this information to a developer on the fence. I'll use Small Arms as an example. Let's say Microsoft decided to release Small Arms, Gyruss, Street Race NYC, and Settlers of Catan all in one week. Not only are you going to be less inclined to spent $30 on Arcade games...some games are going to be forgotten and their sales will be down.

Fast forward six months.

So imagine you're Developer X and you're interested in making an Xbox Live Arcade game. You phone up your buddy over at Gastronaut Studios and ask "Hey buddy. I'm thinking about making an Xbox Live Arcade game. Any opinions?" Unfortunately, Gastronaut's sales numbers are weak because Small Arms was pitted against three other games in the same week. So, hypothetically, they'll say its not worth it. They spent years developing a game and the market was too flooded for them to turn a profit.

Fire Greg Canessa because he's a total douchebag.[/QUOTE]

But to me it seems like that stranglehold on the market will be what alienates other prospective customers. Look at any succesful online service and you'll see that once they offered a larger selection of whatever it was they were selling they got more customers. Staggering releases is fine, but make it more than one day a week like every Mondays and Fridays, better yet setups different releases for those days. Monday can be a games release day, and Friday can be a patch/DL content release day for XBLA. But nope, now instead MS's staggering of releases hasn't even amounted to a new game each week, it's more like every 2-3 weeks. This is beside the fact that many Live members never even really use XBLA because the conent is not something they care about, so I think if they drop the limits, give them fresh and different content more often and more people will become interested. Control over a market especially a self created market gives them the edge, but customers will only support a market that is properly controlled.

Edit: And I totally agre about firing Greg Canessa, he seems to not have clue about what his target audience wants. I remember I started thinking this when he said that the DLC for Nintendo's service (games that sold millions of cpies mind you) were too retro and wouldn't hold up. He's entitled to his opinoin, but a the guy in charge or most of this stuff, I think he should realize most gamers would download Super Mario Bros. or Zelda over Centipede. in the same tinerview he went on to talk about giving XBLA original content and retro content, which is a good plan, but they need to execute better on both or something like the Wii's VC could over take the current popularity of XBLA given too much time unchecked.

[quote name='terribledeli']Microsoft doesn't want to completely flood their own controlled market.

Fast forward six months.

Fire Greg Canessa because he's a total douchebag.[/QUOTE]

So wait... you mean the XBLA market would be JUST LIKE THE RETAIL ONE?!?

Honestly, if you make a good game, you'll get sales, no matter what you are pitted against. A shitty game will be a shitty game whether it releases by itself or with 4 other games. If your game is good it will definitely rise above.

Honestly, this bottleneck is fucking stupid... imagine if retail games did this. In a way, it's kind of giving developers on XBLA a pass to slack off because they know a group of people will buy their just BECAUSE it's the only new release that week.

Maybe if they had competition we'd start seeing some really kick ass games.

I think another part of this all is how the community really pumps up the games. If I see alot of people playing a Live game, say for example Small Arms, I'll at least check out the demo to see WHY everyone is playing it so much, since there has to be a reason so many people are digging it.

I saw 1 person out of a 40 to 50 person friend's list ever play Small Arms, so I'm not going to bother even checking the game out.

I know it had nothing to do with you wrote but eh, didn't want to make a new post. I also kind of hate the fact that XBLA *announces* more games than they actually release. I'm more excited for all the games they've announced rather than the garbage they shovel out now. Maybe they should just start releasing games as a surprise and stop announcing them 6 months to a year early? By the time the game finally comes out the hype is already dead.

I think at the very least we should get a retro game each week, if theres a new original game rdy to go, give it out once every other week if possible.
I dont see there being a problem with at least 4 retro games and 1-2 original games per month.

[quote name='Roufuss']So wait... you mean the XBLA market would be JUST LIKE THE RETAIL ONE?!?

Honestly, if you make a good game, you'll get sales, no matter what you are pitted against. A shitty game will be a shitty game whether it releases by itself or with 4 other games. If your game is good it will definitely rise above.[/QUOTE]

For a good game that didnt sell well see: Beyond Good and Evil

For a shitty game that sold very well: Enter the Matrix

Enter the Matrix came out in the spring with no other high buzz titles, sold great and was a very shitty buggy game. Beyong Good and Evil gets great reviews, everyone who played it says good things, didnt sell shit because it got lost in the Q4 mix of high profile games.

You yourself said you wouldnt buy Gun for $20 since 360 just gave you all this new better shit. The same applys to what people will think when buying XBLA games.

No offense but you are complaing about the titles yet havent even TRIED small arms. The game scored an 8.2 on IGN, is an actual original XBLA arcade game, and quite fun but people are so busy with GoW,CoD3,RSV,Smackdown,Viva Pinata etc etc that they wont try it.

I dont think the public in general is waiting for a new gem XBLA game, they are playing all of the novemeber releases, and in that sense i think its better to spread the games out.

Again dont mean to come off as rude or harsh, but the very fact that 40/50 of a friend list havent even played an XBLA gem such as small arms shows that m$ has at least some reason for holding back.

There are a few valid complaints in here. Some I agree with, others not so much.

I just figured I'd point out that Microsoft NEVER promised a game a week outside of the 6 week summer promotion. Anyone who thinks otherwise is hearing voices in their head. They have tried to keep up that release schedule, but I'm sure shit happens. There isn't a single fucking person in this forum that knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe they are holding back Worms and Alien Hominid. You know what? Who cares. We will see them eventually. Like mentioned, most people are busy with all the new releases anyway, including PS3s and Wiis. Save them for a drought. I have no problem with that. It also gives them more time to QA the title and put out a solid product. Or maybe, they honestly don't have a game that is 100% ready. Maybe they have a few that are 90%, but why rush them out just so they can say they put out a game on every Wednesday? I'd rather them make sure the game is tight and without flaws. Maybe the endless bitching from fans and pressure for a Wednesday release is why SF and Contra are not flawless.

Arguing about quality makes for a great argument. Throwing a fit because there is no release this week is childish and makes for a very weak argument, especially since not a single person here can vouch for what goes on behind the scenes.

[quote name='Corvin']I just figured I'd point out that Microsoft NEVER promised a game a week outside of the 6 week summer promotion. Anyone who thinks otherwise is hearing voices in their head.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when they ANNOUNCE something, but because the actual word "promise" isn't in there, people think they should be let off the hook. Are we in third grade or something?

Well heres more of MS bullshit. Before christmas rolled around, there were XBLA arcades every week, and new original games for 3 weeks straight (w/ only assault heroes being worth my time). Then right after christmas, they drop New Rally-X. Yeah I love classic titles, but this game isnt a classic. Now theres nothing again this week.

I thought Ms Pacman was coming this week, but at 400 points I won't be buying it. Way too expensive IMO, but keep the new content coming, thats what XBLA should be all about.

All this talk of Greg Canessa has been quite reminiscent of the talk surrounding Donald Rumsfeld since Abu Ghraib broke a few years back (though, of course, Rumsfeld was fired in November).

I half expect to see J. Allard give a speech wherein he declares "Canessa, yer doin' a heckuva job." That kind of mafioso kiss-of-death.

Personally, I don't see many of the problems with SFII and UMK3 that many of you do - and I thought I was a stickler for details! I found both games enjoyable and easy to play, though I won't argue if you tell me the 360 needs a better d-pad.

I downloaded, but hardly played, Texas Hold 'em, so I can't say much about that. UNO is...well, it's fucking UNO. I can't help but think that XBLA was only taken seriously because of Geometry Wars' unexpected success, and they've delivered content to keep people bitching since then. I think there are a few strategies that can be done to bring XBLA back to luster:

1) Stick with one release per week, but make sure that release is a game, and not a patch.
2) Re: patches. Get that shit done faster. If you don't have the resources, allocate them from elsewhere. Too many titles with half-a-year between release and patch is driving away the market interest in XBLA.
3) Give us a schedule ahead of time: On February 1st, I should know all the titles coming out in February; on March 1st, what's coming every Wednesday. If you tell me you *can't* do that ahead of time because of development issues and a lack of completed backlog, then that just proves XBLA needs to be revamped to have a backlog of titles, completed, passed testing and just ready for upload. Nothing else would be acceptable.
4) Keep your free games. You should be ashamed to show "Totemball" in a public place. You should have given everyone who downloads the title 400 free points for suffering. Between Totemball and Texas Hold'em, I now view "free XBLA game" as "kinda like a punch in the cock in terms of fun." Can the games, just like you would have if they were sold in retail stores.
5) Improve the lines of communication with 360 users. Not every person needs to be acknowledged, and crab-ass in the corner who insists on seeing "this game" ported NOW can just be left to wallow in his own mess. Nevertheless, there are legitimate gripes with XBLA that can be greatly assisted by a little public relations exercise. It's not that hard to do.

I have a gripe about Assault Heroes and not being able to play co-op over Live. We try to set up a game, and after it loads, the screen just says "Waiting". We can never get beyond that point. Anyone else have a problem with this game?

When is "Rush N' Attack" going to be released?!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Am I the only one who thinks GeoWars is extremely overrated?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know. The only thing it did for me is, for around a month, convince me that "high score" was something of real value and importance to achieve. Something that hadn't mattered to me since 1989 (give or take).

Not that I came close, of course, but it mattered.

i just want some more real fucking games and not old ass pacman or so called "classics"

Dont get me wrong. Im glad that they are there.. but one game a week sucks as it is and believe me ill get pissed when see its one old as ballz game that no one cares for

atleast uno was somewhat original and turned out decent.

ive heard people say small arms was good as well...

nice to see doom as well with online.. give us duke nukem

The only games i have purchased so far are uno, sf2 and umk3... and sotn is the only game this year that has my attention so far

It is safe to assume that id probably buy any fighting games released on live due to the lack of 360 fighting games..

it seems vc is wooping live arcade.. unless ppl are buying these old ass games.

I would like to see how well vc games are selling and those are straight ports correct? nothing additional?

I also think that a lot of average joe's dont even know about live arcade.. maybe a commercial showing off a big release ( killer instinct plz) would help.

Rare you are not doing shit...release fucking killer instinct on live (ill take even 2) ...... that game has the potential to outsell sf2 and umk3 since there hasnt been a ki game since 64

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Am I the only one who thinks GeoWars is extremely overrated?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Mutant Storm is better.

I have a gripe about Assault Heroes and not being able to play co-op over Live. We try to set up a game, and after it loads, the screen just says "Waiting". We can never get beyond that point. Anyone else have a problem with this game?

I too have had this problem. I bought the game to play co op and have yet been able to. What upsets me most is I have heard nothing as far as a coming patch to fix it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I too have had this problem. I bought the game to play co op and have yet been able to. What upsets me most is I have heard nothing as far as a coming patch to fix it.[/quote]

What burns me is that when I called Xbox Support, the woman told me she had no record of any other complaints for this game!

I haven't tried to play it again since the new update was available this week...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Am I the only one who thinks GeoWars is extremely overrated?[/quote]

no I thought it sucked too

[quote name='jrutz']Aside from the BS with the TH'EM patch this week, did anyone notice Lumines wasn't even in the top 10 of played XBLA games this week? Thank god the message is being sent.[/quote]
I'm part of the problem. I bought LL! and it's advanced challenge pack.
But it is some of the most fun I've had on 360 (Not dissing the system, it's just the game kicks ass.). And I just like it more than the PSP version.

bread's done
Back