Official XBOX 360 Price Drop: Elite - $299 / Pro - $250 - Starts 8/28

Fakinmail123

CAGiversary!
Just turned on my 360 and there on the dashboard was an alert stating that all elites are now $100 cheaper, bringing their price to $299.99. According to Major Nelson the deal goes live on Friday August 28th. All remaining Pros will sell for $250. I realize we have all "known" this for a while but I figured it was worth posting the official announcement.

This is my first thread, hopefully I did everything by the CAG book.

Wonder if the halo & fable bundles are now 299 too ....at least where those can be found like at sams club

[quote name='bruticus']Wonder if the halo & fable bundles are now 299 too ....at least where those can be found like at sams club[/QUOTE]

I hope so, the walmart near me has 4 of them and after selling the games and component cable on ebay I might be able to knock another 50 bucks off the price and not have to worry about buying the HDMI since it still came with that package. Will be there friday morning to find out.

Yes, it is confirmed. Starting Friday, all Elites will be $299, all remaining Pros $250, and all Arcades remain at $200.

[quote name='bruticus']Wonder if the halo & fable bundles are now 299 too ....at least where those can be found like at sams club[/QUOTE]

I'd guess they are... you just have to remember that they're probably not going to be Jaspers.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'd guess they are... you just have to remember that they're probably not going to be Jaspers.[/QUOTE]

Aren't all Elites Jaspers?

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know if the Valhalla chip will be used and when?

[quote name='sickle']Aren't all Elites Jaspers?

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know if the Valhalla chip will be used and when?[/QUOTE]

They are not. In fact, when Arcades and Pros were Jaspers, they were still selling off older Elites. Only the red RE5 Elites are definitely Jaspers. I'd imagine the new $300 ones are likely to be as well... be sure to check before you buy.

Valhalla is set to be manufactured late this year or early next, which means you'll see it in stores around the middle of next year.

Just got back from Gamestop. They already had posters up to show off the new prices for the 360 models. I purchased a Pro for 249.99.. my first HD next gen system! The guy tried to talk me into getting the elite, but I just dont feel i need to pay that much extra just for more hard drive.

[quote name='labrat34']Just got back from Gamestop. They already had posters up to show off the new prices for the 360 models. I purchased a Pro for 249.99.. my first HD next gen system! The guy tried to talk me into getting the elite, but I just dont feel i need to pay that much extra just for more hard drive.[/QUOTE]

you should have done it as the elite comes with Fable 2 and Halo 3. The extra hard drive would be handy even if you didn't think you need that much as you would find out later you might need more memory.

[quote name='rhenzhen']Is it true that new Elite Version don't have components cable or HDMI? Anyone can confirm that?[/QUOTE]
I read it for sure doesn't come with HDMI, not sure on component

yay pricedrop, i can finally get another console for the other room this holiday season.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']I read it for sure doesn't come with HDMI, not sure on component[/QUOTE]

MS is really cheaping out. The new elites don't come with HDMI or Component cables. No big deal if your amplifier takes HDMI, since you can just buy a standard cheap HDMI cable. If you amp takes optical for surround sound, you pretty much need the MS cable. I spent a couple of days looking for a replacement box since mine red-ringed. All Elites at BestBuys around me were _Falcons_ but did come with the old setup. Screw that. Ended up buying a Jasper Elite at Target. Jasper console, new packaging, instead of dark grey box, it came in a lighter grey with slightly different pattern and no extra cabling. I figure it is worth it for the extra life expectancy and not that big of a deal since I have my old MS VGA cable.

I just hit up Walmart for the Fable II/Halo 3 bundle for $299, but am going to wait to open it until I see what deals TRU may be running since I have the $30 gift card from batman AA.

bread's done
Back