Offtopic, but regional. Indiana CAGs, ever been to the Haunted Gravity Hill?

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.eureka4you.com/magnetichillworldwide/Mooresville-IN.htm

It's in Moorseville, as you can see by the link and site.

Apparently, if you put your car in neutral at the bottom of the hill, it will roll up it because some lady got owned by a truck trying to push her car up the hill when it died. Although I guess I sorta believe in ghosts, I find that one hard to believe because that ghost is such a tool :lol:.

I've talked to someone who has been there and said it actually worked/happened. Any of you been there? Does anyone know any other haunted places in Indiana? He also said something about a bridge and being able to hear a baby cry or something. So yeah, any other haunted places in Indiana or experiences here or anywhere else?

That sounds interesting, but no, I've never been there. That's quite a ways from Fort Wayne. I wonder if you could get those Ghost Hunters on the Scifi channel to investigate that?

We have a place like that in Florida called "Spook Hill". It's really just an optical illusion. Your car is actually rolling downhill but it appears to be rolling uphill.

Although I have not been to that hill there are many places in Indiana that are haunted. Take the Hannah house for instance, I have been to every hounted house in Indianapolis but this is the scariest. This house was part of the underground railroad and had enough room for up to 200 slaves at a time. Unfortunately due once to a fire, and another time to a flood, many never left. There is a spot in the basement begind the stairs that can never be warmed, it is really cold and has a very strange feeling about it. http://www.prairieghosts.com/hannah.html

Live about 30 minutes away from here, but have never tried it. Heard about back in high school and was something my buddies and I always tried to go do, but never had the time. Maybe I'll have to take the wife this year and give it a shot.

[quote name='Rictor']Nope, but I may check it out. Is the Hannah House the same place they have Hannah Haunted Acres every year?[/QUOTE]

No, Hannah Haunted Acres is actually on Hannah Avenue and is 3 different "haunted" venues out in one corn field: http://dawgnetnews.com/archive/041024/2647.html

While the Hannah House Mansion is located on Madison Avenue and according to the sign outside will again be host to a haunted house this year: http://www.prairieghosts.com/hannah.html

Presumably Hannah Ave. is named after the Hannah family, as is the mansion. The mansion of course is famous for being a stop on the old Underground Slave Railroad. The haunted story is that slaves burned in a hidden basement when a lamp broke and they couldnt escape, rather than remove the bodies, they were buried in the basement.

Oh, my wife and I took our nephew to Hannah Haunted Acres for his birthday last weekend. They actually have 5 haunted venues now. It cost me around $90 for the 3 of us to do all 5. With lines and everything, took several hours to do it all...without lines it probably would have taken maybe an hour to an hour and a half to do everything. Some of it was kinda lame...some of it was kinda cool. The haunted hayride had some expensive gadgets, like a $25,000 animatronic monster. Lots of hydralic creatures that moved and jumped out at you...cool stuff if you're into haunted house special effects...I'm a little old to be scared by the stuff...but I found it interesting from a technical aspect as I've done a lot of research on how to build that stuff.

[quote name='Rictor']Oh, my wife and I took our nephew to Hannah Haunted Acres for his birthday last weekend. They actually have 5 haunted venues now. It cost me around $90 for the 3 of us to do all 5. With lines and everything, took several hours to do it all...without lines it probably would have taken maybe an hour to an hour and a half to do everything. Some of it was kinda lame...some of it was kinda cool. The haunted hayride had some expensive gadgets, like a $25,000 animatronic monster. Lots of hydralic creatures that moved and jumped out at you...cool stuff if you're into haunted house special effects...I'm a little old to be scared by the stuff...but I found it interesting from a technical aspect as I've done a lot of research on how to build that stuff.[/quote]

Last year, a friend and I were on the hayride and one of the guys jumped in the cart thing and grabbed onto my friends leg and started pulling him so he started kicking the guy in the face and the guy fell out and ran up and starting yelling at us saying we're gonna get kicked out or something...We didn't though.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Last year, a friend and I were on the hayride and one of the guys jumped in the cart thing and grabbed onto my friends leg and started pulling him so he started kicking the guy in the face and the guy fell out and ran up and starting yelling at us saying we're gonna get kicked out or something...We didn't though.[/quote]

They aren't allowed to touch you and you aren't allowed to touch them. I didn't see any touching going on in the 5 hours or so I was there. They specifically told us at each attraction that if anyone grabs you, report it and they'll be fired. They also told us that if we grabbed anyone or hit anyone, we would be kicked out without a refund.

No shit about the Hannah House huh? On Madison and Hannah? I drive around that area all the time as the closest Target to me is a few blocks away.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']No shit about the Hannah House huh? On Madison and Hannah? I drive around that area all the time as the closest Target to me is a few blocks away.[/QUOTE]

The Hannah House is on Madison Ave and National Ave.

There is a seperate Hannah Ave on which the Haunted Acres runs.

bread's done
Back