Oh the pain.....

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
There is an independent video store here that is stocked with SNES, Genesis, NES, Sega CD, SMS, and N64 games, but the owner wont sell anything. All the boxes are right there on the shelf. She says she rents out at least 50 SNES games on a weekend, so I guess I can't blame her... Why do other people have to like old games. I should be getting her stuff for cheap.

A local store cahin around heres has NES toploader on display. All three stores have one and one store has a price tag on it for 40. I asked to buy it and they said it was display only. They got it hooked up and it's there to test games on.

People rent SNES games? Seems a bit crazy to me. Unless she rents them dirt cheap or they're all rare titles or something.

[quote name='wubb']People rent SNES games? Seems a bit crazy to me. Unless she rents them dirt cheap or they're all rare titles or something.[/quote]

If it was the really rare/expensive ones (Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono, etc, etc), I'm sure they would not have them to rent for very long. ;-)

[quote name='wubb']People rent SNES games? Seems a bit crazy to me. Unless she rents them dirt cheap or they're all rare titles or something.[/quote]

Renting SNES games? Well, it is North Dakota after all. :wink:

Yeah, that post was from Grand Forks. There is a Mom and Pop place their that had some great old games.

BTW how does a post get its first reply after over a year?

[quote name='starman9000']Yeah, that post was from Grand Forks. There is a Mom and Pop place their that had some great old games.

BTW how does a post get its first reply after over a year?[/quote]

LOL, I didn't even realize that!

Man, I want to go back to ND.

I went to a local video shop in town and was able to score a mint and complete copy of Suikoden 2 for around $25.

I also bought more than 70 Dreamcast games off the guy for about $100, but had to take them back because the guy used a disc doctor on them and they wouldn't anymore. Those were some awesome games in that lot, too.

Does that place have any rare titles?

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Isn't there more cattle than people in North Dakota?...:wink:[/quote]

I don't believe so, in the eastern part of the the state there are actually very, very few cattle. Out west there is far more but with the last 8 years of drought herds have been thined substantially.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I know a Blockbuster that STILL rents out old SNES, Genesis, and even a couple NES games.[/quote]

Do they rent out those new fangeled DVDs Ive been hearing so much about? I heard there on like CDs

[quote name='gizmogc'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']I know a Blockbuster that STILL rents out old SNES, Genesis, and even a couple NES games.[/quote]

Do they rent out those new fangeled DVDs Ive been hearing so much about? I heard there on like CDs[/quote]

DVDs? I'll never give up my beta! But I haven't seen a rental place with DC and N64 games let alone old SNES or NES games, in years.

I work at a rental store in Indiana that has N64 and PSX games to rent. They just sold half the N64 games and told me before they sold them... Three games ended up making it to the shelf out of like 20. Yeah, It was me.

bread's done
Back