Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='radjago']Xenia, OH[/QUOTE]

gummo_rabbit.jpg

Sorry. Had to do it.

I live in Strongsville, near Medina, Brunswick, Parma, Middleburgh and all them. I work in Cleveland, but it's about 20 minutes away. Did you guys ever do that meet?

Just wanted to say hello to the Ohioians out there.
I'm all around Columbus, currently live on the west side and work on the east.

Just wondering has anyone checked Andersons lately? I know they used to sell games back in the day and as far as I know carried PS2 games. They were always a good clerance spot when N64 went away.

[quote name='atomicfox']Just wanted to say hello to the Ohioians out there.
I'm all around Columbus, currently live on the west side and work on the east.

Just wondering has anyone checked Andersons lately? I know they used to sell games back in the day and as far as I know carried PS2 games. They were always a good clerance spot when N64 went away.[/quote]

I always thought those were just hardware stores. I've never actually been in one, so I guess it might be worth checking out.

Andersons is basically like Meijer, just with more lumber. They have food, some clothes, toys, furniture, tons of stuff.

But yeah, they have electronics and games. Or they did anyway, have to check again next time I'm near by. I only know of the one by Sawmill and the one off of Brice.

This is probably YMMV, but I got Half-Life 2: Episode 1 at Meijer today for $8. They have a coupon for 50% off all clearance items in a big clearance section next to the seasonal items. One store had them all over and another barely had any.

A few notable PC games on clearance:

HL2:E1 - $8 AC
Freedom Fighters - $2.50 AC
Freedom Force vs The Third Reich - $17 AC
Battlefield 2 - $16 AC
Flatout 2 - $13 AC

Mad Catz Universal wheel - $22 AC

One store had a nice looking 23" JVC LCD TV on clearance for $900-something before coupon. Looked like a decent buy.

Is anyone going to that Gears of War event tonight? I dunno if the ones near here are even doing it, I'll call or stop by and ask anyway.

www.VGMX.com is having there b1g1 free on pretty much anything except for new 360 and ds games, they are located around columbus, check the site for directions.

im from Newark Ohio.

the only thing really close to us is the local video trader/ trading zone..

Then of course the EBgames i work at in the Mall....

Can't really think of any other noteables.

hey guys any one know of a good place i could camp for a ps3?
or if any one is still doing preorders?
please lemme know i am sorta out inthe cold and i am being crushed by the thought of not gettinga ps3...:fridge:

[quote name='Don Wuebos']im from Newark Ohio.

Can't really think of any other noteables.[/quote]
hey cool i live like really close to trading zone thats a really good store for good cheapy deals,plus they are good to thier customers.

[quote name='Don Wuebos']im from Newark Ohio.

Can't really think of any other noteables.[/QUOTE]

I just moved down to Newark from the Youngstown area, I've found the EB in the mall, and a Toys R Us, (which had a horrible selection for games). I haven't found the gametrader/zone mentioned though.

I stopped by the Gamestop in Huber Heights today and asked about the Wii kiosks. They said it would depend on when the Nintendo rep gets around and they should have them by the 13th.

Anyone see one in stores yet?

[quote name='tilcfast']Any Columbus Campers for this weekend? PS3 or Wii...

I am still undecided[/QUOTE]

I think I'll roll in around 1am or so on sunday to see if there are any left.

also, according to slickdeals... today (11/13) only - meijer has 15% off general merchandise for opening a credit card, in addition to the regular 10% off. so an xbox360 premium is ~$305 + tax.

and unlike the microcenter deal, you don't have to wait for a rebate.

[quote name='AmericanIdle']Anyone know if the TRU in Mayfield Hts is doing the midnight Wii sale?[/quote]Nope, only 18 stores nationwide, I don't recall any Ohio stores being included.

Yeah, I want to get a Wii, so I'll probably head out to Meijers in Columbus after the OSU/Mich game. If those lines are packed I will probably check out a Best Buy. I haven't heard anything yet on the supply of Wii's that Best Buy has or may get. I'm going to guess it's close to 100 units per store though so I don't know if anyone has to camp for that. I recieved a meijer add that said they had 2000 units chainwide so that is probably what 4-8 per store?

Did anyone see the Chapel Hill Best Buy on Fox 8 news? There were 40+ people out there, under tents, waiting for the PS3. That BB is getting 26.

Just a small FYI for Columbus Cags, but if planning to hit Meijer for PS3s, you might consider someplace else. I called several of them in the Columbus area and they are only getting (at most) 4 PS3s at launch. Many didn't even get any at all. :(

[quote name='radjago']Holy crap!

The Englewood, OH EB Games store got held up for its 5 PS3s.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/10340455/detail.html

If anyone has a preorder at that store, I'd call before you go.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to posting it.

The only good thing I see coming from this is that hopefully they'll have a police officer on Saturday/Sunday when they do the wii launch. And I'm glad none of the guys were hurt over it.

Anyone going to the Meijer across from Forest Fair? I'm either going to that one or the one on the west side of Hamilton, but I figure Hamilton will be more crowded since Miami University is just a short drive away. What do you guys think?

And anyone willing to meet up? I'm not sure when I'm going, but it'll definitely be sometime tomorrow, not today.

The ToysRus at Chapel Hill Plaza in Cuy.Falls had some Wii remotes, but no nunchucks. I've been reading that the remotes seem to be sold out everywhere.

just curious, does anyone know when the if a shipment of wii's is coming to any store near athens anythime soon?

[quote name='JP585']just curious, does anyone know when the if a shipment of wii's is coming to any store near athens anythime soon?[/QUOTE]

It should have been earlier this week. Some places are holding them for sunday ads.

Yo I live in the Akron area.

Was wondering if anyone heard of any stores in akron selling Wiis this sunday?

Thanks

If anyone is in Northwest Ohio. The Super Wal-Mart in Bryan is supposed to be having a shipment of Wii's for sale tomorrow morning at 8:00am . I don't know how many are going to be available so good luck.

[quote name='WickWire98']Where is the CC located in Cuyahoga Falls? Address? I didn't know they had outlets etc...

L8R[/QUOTE]

It closed.

[quote name='WickWire98']Where is the CC located in Cuyahoga Falls? Address? I didn't know they had outlets etc...

L8R[/quote]

its on howe road where the CC was before they closed
somewhat accross the street form best buy/target

Nothing big, but I'm finding some nice game deals at The Exchange stores in NE Ohio. I picked up titles like Viewtiful Joe and Metroid Prime in mint condition for $5 each. Not bad at all.

Has anyone had any success with the TRU sale yet? CAG lunchboxfett is reporting that Cuyahoga Falls TRU doesn't have much to offer.

Also, has anyone seen Wii remotes in the NE OH area?

I had a friend who came from the Cuyahoga Falls TRU at around 1PM today who said they had quite a few Wiimotes, but no nunchucks (he bought the last one).

[quote name='Genocidal']I had a friend who came from the Cuyahoga Falls TRU at around 1PM today who said they had quite a few Wiimotes, but no nunchucks (he bought the last one).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my friend is looking for a wiimote, so I may stop there tomorrow.

I was just up at the Chapel Hill Best Buy, and they're cleared out of all of their wii stuff.

Summit Mall GameStop has no Wii accessories, save the SD cards.

Also, there's a $10 Super Gunstar Heroes (GBA) in Summit Mall's FYE. Not sure if anyone cares.

[quote name='ragnarok989']Has anyone seen any Onyx DS Lites in the Toledo area?[/QUOTE]

I can barely find any DS Lites as it is... or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Which I'm not.

bread's done
Back