Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Yo, yo, yo...
I live in Shaker Heights and I am from Mansfield.
In Mansfield I found a wireless XBOX 360 controller for $39.99 at Target and a PGR 3 and Forza 2-Pack for $29.99 at Wal-Mart.
I just got the 360 so I am on the look out for good local deals

[quote name='nnthomas']I can barely find any DS Lites as it is... or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Which I'm not.[/quote] yeah i'm gonna start looking harder tomorrow (aka calling around town) i'll let you know if i find any if you are looking for one

I checked our system today (work at circuit city @ polaris) and it looked like only our website had the ds'es the black and white ones. I'll check tom to see if any of the other stores are getting any or got returns and post here for you guys. I always forget the local thread.

bill123

i found one at the BB at today somehow it looks like it was a return but it works just fine and it was the only one sorry

To all the CAGers around the Wright State/Dayton area, there's a store by Page Manor on Airway called The Game Haven. They've got some good classics (NES, SNES, PS1, DC, etc), some of the best prices on used games, and all the Wii accessories you can shake a stick at.

I dropped by the store a few days before Christmas and low and behold, they had all 3 color DS Lites in stock. That helped make for one great Christmas present to my best bud.

Check it out if you're in the area!

I'm flying home to Brunswick (from Anaheim), and I'm looking for a white DS Lite - anyone know of any places that are worth checking?

Hey all,
Lurked for a few years...
Had to post in this thread tho', moving to Ohio soon from Wisconsin. I will be living in the North Western corner about 45 minutes or so from Toledo. Is there a thread that has all of the stores in Ohio categorized by city? I'm sure that I just didn't look hard enough...

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']To all the CAGers around the Wright State/Dayton area, there's a store by Page Manor on Airway called The Game Haven. They've got some good classics (NES, SNES, PS1, DC, etc), some of the best prices on used games, and all the Wii accessories you can shake a stick at.

I dropped by the store a few days before Christmas and low and behold, they had all 3 color DS Lites in stock. That helped make for one great Christmas present to my best bud.

Check it out if you're in the area![/QUOTE]
I've been telling people about that store for a while now. You should check out Vacs n Videos in Huber Heights on 201 (Brandt Pike) too, especially if you like retro stuff. They have more games and cover more consoles (Virtual Boy or Neo Geo anyone?). Both stores are in my Dayton Area stores thread.

man i need to up my SNES collection but dayton is too far for me (especially since i have no drivers license yet) anyone know a good game store like that in toledo? I know of Video Game Underground but i don't like them (lack of selection....and room for that matter) and are there more allied record exchanges that the one on reynolds (a little past Airport highway)

[quote name='ragnarok989'] and are there more allied record exchanges that the one on reynolds (a little past Airport highway)[/QUOTE]

Yeah , there about 2-3 others around town.

[quote name='js1']Yeah , there about 2-3 others around town.[/quote]
yeah i just found 2 more (one by laskey and the new one on central and mccord.)

BTW did anyone see any copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World at K-mart for $9 in toledo? the Alexis one didn't have anything....literally nothing on sale

[quote name='ragnarok989']yeah i just found 2 more (one by laskey and the new one on central and mccord.)

BTW did anyone see any copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World at K-mart for $9 in toledo? the Alexis one didn't have anything....literally nothing on sale[/QUOTE]

lawl, I live like 5 minutes away from that KMart, I RAIDED IT

BTW There is an Allied in Miracle Mile

I also raided that.

[quote name='nnthomas']lawl, I live like 5 minutes away from that KMart, I RAIDED IT

BTW There is an Allied in Miracle Mile

I also raided that.[/quote]
That would explain alot i'm checking out 2 more tonight (they had Castlevania DoS last time so i gotta go back and check with more money tonight)

Did you raid any others in Toledo?

well i wouldn't bother going to the K-mart on Reynolds by heatherdowns now they had very few games on clearance picked up FMA, Medievel Resurrection, and FE PoR. Donkey Konga 2 w/ bongos was priced at $40 so i left that (i was hoping for cheaper....) and Polarium was 24....so yeah

A couple FYIs for those in the Akron/Canton area.

*all of this refers to the locations at Chapel Hill Mall*

1. The Gamestop inside the mall itself has a crapload of N64 games, although they still want ~$10 for some of them.(a couple up to $30)

2. There are a good amount of PS3s at Best Buy.

[quote name='dabamus']A couple FYIs for those in the Akron/Canton area.

*all of this refers to the locations at Chapel Hill Mall*

1. The Gamestop inside the mall itself has a crapload of N64 games, although they still want ~$10 for some of them.(a couple up to $30)

2. There are a good amount of PS3s at Best Buy.[/quote]

yea i dug through that box like 2 weeks ago... found paper mario but it was still $30 lol

Hey all I'm sure you guys may have already seen the uber thread about Wii's for next sunday at Circuit cities. Just thought I'd tell you guys thatI'll keep checkin inventory of all the local CC here and when they're updated with the quantities I'll post them here so thoes of you lookin to get one will know how many your local store is getting and plan accordingly.

bill123

There's a new Half Price Books coming to Westerville, OH. They're having a grand opening February 15-19. Right now, they're open until 4 for buying stuff to help fill out their inventory.

Great Opening Weekend, February 15-19, 2007.
Be the first 100 people through the door on Opening Day, Thursday, February 15, and receive a FREE tote bag and Half Price Books Gift Card. One lucky shopper is guaranteed to get a $500 card!

561 South State St.
Westerville, OH 43081

Hey, I went to two Kmarts in the Cleveland area, Chagrin Falls and Brooklyn, looking for XBOX Live deals to no avail. But on a whim I stopped at the Brooklyn BB and they had Table Tennis for $19.99 so I picked that up. If anyone knows where in the area to get a Live deal let me know cause I don't want to fork over $66 for the amazon vision set. Thanks!!

So I got a job working at a place in Franklin. Does anyone have any recommendations for game shops I should check out in the South of the Dayton Mall, but North of I-275 region?

I just came back from the walmart in Stow.

Elebits is $30 for the Wii. Madden is still $30 and zelda is still $35.

Also they had around 8 wii remotes and like 15 wii nunchucks along with 2 or 3 classic controllers

[quote name='radjago']So I got a job working at a place in Franklin. Does anyone have any recommendations for game shops I should check out in the South of the Dayton Mall, but North or I-275 region?[/quote]
I live in Franklin and there's honestly not that much around here. There's Game Crazy stores in Springboro & Middletown(avoid the Springboro one, it has employees basically there just to collect a paycheck), a Gamestop in Middletown(usually the best place around here to find hard to find games) and a Game Rush in Middletown. That's all in the area. I do suggest looking around the pawn shops. They usually have some good deals(it's where I found a copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends for $10, which it was missing it's instructions).

[quote name='tangytangerine']I live in Franklin and there's honestly not that much around here. There's Game Crazy stores in Springboro & Middletown(avoid the Springboro one, it has employees basically there just to collect a paycheck), a Gamestop in Middletown(usually the best place around here to find hard to find games) and a Game Rush in Middletown. That's all in the area. I do suggest looking around the pawn shops. They usually have some good deals(it's where I found a copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends for $10, which it was missing it's instructions).[/QUOTE]
I've been to all the Game Crazy and Game Rush stores, but I have yet to find the Gamestop. Is it on the same side of 122 as Target/Walmart/Meijer? I saw the EB in the Towne Mall closed.

[quote name='radjago']I've been to all the Game Crazy and Game Rush stores, but I have yet to find the Gamestop. Is it on the same side of 122 as Target/Walmart/Meijer? I saw the EB in the Towne Mall closed.[/quote]
The Gamestop store is in that small shopping center w/ Gold Star Chili and some other store in front of the Wal-Mart that's near the Towne Mall.

You didn't miss anything with the EB in the Towne Mall, it was pretty run down and didn't really get any good games.

Honestly, the employees at that Gamestop are excellent compared to other ones, they haven't once offered a pre-order or anything when I buy anything there.

[quote name='radjago']There's a new Half Price Books coming to Westerville, OH. They're having a grand opening February 15-19. Right now, they're open until 4 for buying stuff to help fill out their inventory.

Great Opening Weekend, February 15-19, 2007.
Be the first 100 people through the door on Opening Day, Thursday, February 15, and receive a FREE tote bag and Half Price Books Gift Card. One lucky shopper is guaranteed to get a $500 card!

561 South State St.
Westerville, OH 43081
614.776.5551[/QUOTE]

There's also one opening soon in C-Bus across the street from Graceland in the old Blockbuster spot.

Just giving you guys a heads up the Circuit City I work at (polaris) got 1 wii in today. I forgot to check the other locations though so they may have as well. Since no one knows aboutit someone may get lucky and snag it if your looking. I'll check the other locations tomorrow.

bill123

Walmart in Parma / Brooklyn OH has 6 Wii's in stock as of 12:00 today. Was the first time I've seen a Wii in the wild in NE Ohio.

The Toys R Us in Eastgate has PS3's I believe, some kid who works there told me nobody wants them and they are just sitting there. He even seen a guy return 2 of them.

[quote name='life.exe']The Toys R Us in Eastgate has PS3's I believe, some kid who works there told me nobody wants them and they are just sitting there. He even seen a guy return 2 of them.[/quote]

Pretty much every store is overstocked with PS3 consoles, so it's nothing to note about. Now Wii consoles on the other hand....

I normally avoid Buybacks (Cleveland & 161), just because their prices are insane, but if you're in the market for a Dreamcast, they had about 10 systems...and they're on sale for $13 right now.

[quote name='eshbums']I normally avoid Buybacks (Cleveland & 161), just because their prices are insane, but if you're in the market for a Dreamcast, they had about 10 systems...and they're on sale for $13 right now.[/quote]

What the heck is Buybacks? I saw one near the Dayton Mall and never heard of them before. Are they a used CD/DVD store or something?

[quote name='tangytangerine']What the heck is Buybacks? I saw one near the Dayton Mall and never heard of them before. Are they a used CD/DVD store or something?[/QUOTE]

Thye sell used DVDs, CDs & Games. Really decent prices on DVDs most of the time but they're games are kinda high (never looked at the CDs there).

[quote name='Xeno G']Thye sell used DVDs, CDs & Games. Really decent prices on DVDs most of the time but they're games are kinda high (never looked at the CDs there).[/quote]

Ah, besides Gamestop & Game Crazy, looks like I'll still shop at CD Connection then.

Hello, I'm in Akron. I generally find decent deals at the Exchange (a used game / cd / dvd store) but you have to look in the stacks of bargain games sometimes to get the best deals.

Anyone in the Akron, the Cuyahoga Falls Target has lots of Wii systems in stock tonight at closing time. I would guess at least 8 if not more.

[quote name='Xeno G']Thye sell used DVDs, CDs & Games. Really decent prices on DVDs most of the time but they're games are kinda high (never looked at the CDs there).[/QUOTE]
Their prices seem to be really random. Most older stuff is overpriced and newer titles are at least on par with Gamestop's prices. I have no clue about how much credit they give for games.

There's a guy in the OT forum who is looking for stuff to do at night while he's staying in Cincinnati (Sharonville) in a few weeks. If you have any suggestions of stuff he should check out, stop by the thread and chime in.

Also, if anyone is interested, the Gamestop on Linden Ave in Dayton is hiring.

Eastgate TRU got 12 Wii's in today. Not sure if they are selling them or if they half to hold them for this Sundays Ad, but you could always ask I guess.

For CD at buybacks there normally pretty good priced, but some of them will have really high prices out of nowhere.

Oh and for anyone in the Dayton area, Family Video is clearing out some of their old GC, Xbox & PS2 games. Picked up MGS: Twin Snakes & MM Anniversary Collection for Gamecube yesterday for $7.95 each.

I remember seeing some at best buy at tuttle crossing mall, I bet they are all gone now though

I live in Dublin OH if you need that information

For the Toledo area Cags, the Iggle Video store in the Giant Eagle grocery store in Rossford OH will be selling all of its rental games and movies for $5.00 each on Monday June 11th at 9:00 AM.

I think this is for all rental games including the Xbox 360 games. There aren't many games available but some good ones like Forza 2, Gears and a few others. Most of the 360 games were already rented out or I would have rented them for 5 bucks and then bought them on monday for an additional 5 bucks (I think this is OK to do but the worker there said renting then buying on monday would have to be approved by the manager). There is a large selection of PS2/Cube/Xbox games too.

I am going to try to get NBA Home Court for the 360. If any Cag beats me to it, could you kindly pick it up for me?

I am going back tomorrow and Sunday to see if any good Xbox 360 rentals have been returned so I can rent them and then hopefully buy them on monday.

Anyone know if all the Iggle Videos are doing that or is it just that one? Is that one closing down or something? Specifically is the Iggle Video on Central in Sylvania having that sale?

bread's done
Back