Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

I think that the worker at the Rossford, OH store said that all of the Iggle video stores are closing. I'm not sure when they are closing.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Hey, radjago, know any store around here that sells Sega Saturn games?[/QUOTE]
Hmm... there's Video Outlet on Main St in Fairborn, next to the Bookery and one in Springfield. The Game Haven on Airway in Dayton had a few in the back last time I was there. Vacs and Videos on 201 in Huber Heights has a decent selection, mostly complete. I can't really think of any stores further south that have them. You'd probably do much better on ebay or elsewhere online.

[quote name='radjago']Hmm... there's Video Outlet on Main St in Fairborn, next to the Bookery and one in Springfield. The Game Haven on Airway in Dayton had a few in the back last time I was there. Vacs and Videos on 201 in Huber Heights has a decent selection, mostly complete. I can't really think of any stores further south that have them. You'd probably do much better on ebay or elsewhere online.[/quote]

Didn't even know about that video store in Fairborn. I'll try that & Game Haven. Vacs and Videos is nice for buying systems, it's just most of the games are overpriced.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Didn't even know about that video store in Fairborn. I'll try that & Game Haven. Vacs and Videos is nice for buying systems, it's just most of the games are overpriced.[/QUOTE]
Agreed about Vacs and Videos, although their current gen prices are pretty reasonable for the most part. The Video Outlet in Fairborn used to be in the Skyway Plaza on Kauffman, but they just moved next to the Bookery on Main St like the last month or so. I had to ask to see the Saturn games at Game Haven. I think they usually only sell those on their ebay store, but they let me look through them and gave me a price based on their ebay prices.

I'm in a smallish town about half an hour from Dayton called Eaton. I've found some great deals at the local Walmart and KMart. Picked up Advance Wars DS for $5 and a Wii Points card for $8 at the KMart and a collector's edition of Final Fantasy XII for $12 at the Walmart.

Wouldn't really recommend taking time to come though, as the bargain bin selection is usually pretty hit or miss.

[quote name='Anne Packrat']Hello, I'm in Akron. I generally find decent deals at the Exchange (a used game / cd / dvd store) but you have to look in the stacks of bargain games sometimes to get the best deals.[/quote]

I've been going to that Exchange for like 10 years :) I lived in Akron for ten years, now I live in the Massillon area. There are Exchanges all over the place though (Kent, Massillon, Akron, Cleveland Ave. (newer)), and a bunch of others scattered around. It is by far the best place I've ever found to buy video games or CDs...as I've bought CDs that have been out for only a month or two for $2.50, games that are out for several months for $5-$10, etc. I pretty much go there every 3-4 days or so :p

Nothing else compares to The Exchange and nothing ever will...if you live in Ohio and haven't been to one, I seriously suggest you go check them out....You won't regret it..

Not really, unless you've heard of the somewhat rundown pawnshop here. They used to have a pretty good selection, but prices are pretty outrageous.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I've been going to that Exchange for like 10 years :) I lived in Akron for ten years, now I live in the Massillon area. There are Exchanges all over the place though (Kent, Massillon, Akron, Cleveland Ave. (newer)), and a bunch of others scattered around. It is by far the best place I've ever found to buy video games or CDs...as I've bought CDs that have been out for only a month or two for $2.50, games that are out for several months for $5-$10, etc. I pretty much go there every 3-4 days or so :p

Nothing else compares to The Exchange and nothing ever will...if you live in Ohio and haven't been to one, I seriously suggest you go check them out....You won't regret it..[/quote]

I went to the one on Howe road in Cuyahoga Falls and it seemed a bit pricey. Don't think I saw anything I was interested in for cheap.

Hey all for anyone still looking for a Wii my circuit city (polaris ) will be getting in 5 tom (sat) and possibly other CC as well. Since they aren't advertised then it's possible to snag one fairly easily. we should have them by noon I'd say.

bill123

[quote name='Xiados']What is this Exchange place?[/QUOTE]

Probably something similar to The Record Exchange stores littered around here.

[quote name='nnthomas']Probably something similar to The Record Exchange stores littered around here.[/quote]

Ah. I forgot we had those. I stopped going years ago when they wouldn't take a new cd because it "didn't work".

Hey, anyone hear of a little town called Bellbrook? Probably not, seeing as how it's about 4 blocks of closed shops, a crappy pizza place, 2 ice cream parlors, so let us just say I'm from Dayton, then. Haven't been to it, but I've heard from my friend that Game Haven has some good deals. Then there's that Hollywood Video near me that's always selling old PS2 games for something like 3 for $20, which could be nice if they had any games besides Neo Contra.

Since the topic has been raised, I'm also in Akron and to anyone who has been in or is recommending The Exchange how is their stock of PS1/Dreamcast stuff?

These are two systems I really lack a lot of titles for but am looking to collect and outside of eBay I'm having a lot of problems finding titles. EB/GS obviously don't carry these around me anymore (nearest one is in Medina and the stock is dead), and a couple Gamecrazies are in Canton but generally don't have much.

Are there any other stores anyone knows of that might have pretty good quality stock for these systems?

The Exchange and Record Exchange are the exact same thing. Older stores are usually branded as Record Exchange and the newer ones are usually just The Exchange. Both have the same owner, stickers, etc.

The PS1 and Dreamcast selection varies per store of course but it's usually decent. There's always a few good games I'd pick up if I didn't have so many to play already no matter what store I go to. The ones closer to Cleveland seem to be a lot better, I'm guessing because they are busier and have more trade-ins of older games in suburbs rather than college kids with nothing but PS2/XBox sports games.

I recently move to northwest Columbus. I am looking stores/wholesalers within a 20 miles radius. In particular, I'm interested in PS2 and Wii consoles for export to Ecuador. That's my side business. Please let's stay in touch.

[quote name='JugheadsHat']Hey, anyone hear of a little town called Bellbrook? Probably not, seeing as how it's about 4 blocks of closed shops, a crappy pizza place, 2 ice cream parlors, so let us just say I'm from Dayton, then. Haven't been to it, but I've heard from my friend that Game Haven has some good deals. Then there's that Hollywood Video near me that's always selling old PS2 games for something like 3 for $20, which could be nice if they had any games besides Neo Contra.[/quote]

Which Hollywood Video is it? Cause there are a few like the one on harshman & the one on patterson that have Game Crazy stores in them.

As for Bellbrook, yeah, been through it before and it is pretty empty.

I know it's been mentioned before, also check Vacs & Videos on brandt pike in huber heights too. They have a decent selection of old games. There's also CD Connection, which I don't know if there's one in Dayton. But I know there's one in Kettering & Huber Heights. Decent selection of Xbox, PS2, GC & 360 games. Most of the PS2 games are usually $6.99.

[quote name='JugheadsHat']Hey, anyone hear of a little town called Bellbrook? Probably not, seeing as how it's about 4 blocks of closed shops, a crappy pizza place, 2 ice cream parlors, so let us just say I'm from Dayton, then. Haven't been to it, but I've heard from my friend that Game Haven has some good deals. Then there's that Hollywood Video near me that's always selling old PS2 games for something like 3 for $20, which could be nice if they had any games besides Neo Contra.[/QUOTE]
There's a standalone Game Crazy store on Alex Bell Rd near 675 that usually has a pretty good selection of games. Check out my Dayton Area shopping thread. It has most of the stores in the area mapped out.

Does anyone know what happened to the CD Game Exchange in Kent? All of a sudden it just wasn't there.

I went to the Exchange(not CD/Game Exchange) at Chapel Hill and there selection was pretty pricey when it came to 360 games and certain Xbox games.(all I care about other than PC and The Xfiles DVDs)

I still need to try the one in Kent.

There's a new Gamestop open in the shopping center next to the Walmart in the Miller Lane area. I haven't had a chance to stop in, but I bet it looks like a Gamestop inside.

[quote name='tangytangerine']I know it's been mentioned before, also check Vacs & Videos on brandt pike in huber heights too. They have a decent selection of old games. There's also CD Connection, which I don't know if there's one in Dayton. But I know there's one in Kettering & Huber Heights. Decent selection of Xbox, PS2, GC & 360 games. Most of the PS2 games are usually $6.99.[/quote]
Regarding Cd Connections in the Dayton area, I wouldn't go out of your way to visit them, because its usually very hit or miss. And they rarely have anything from Nintendo worth having from what I've notice. But then again its been a month or two since I've last been to one.

BTW hello CAGs, just busted my CAG cherry.

[quote name='Stalemem']Regarding Cd Connections in the Dayton area, I wouldn't go out of your way to visit them, because its usually very hit or miss. And they rarely have anything from Nintendo worth having from what I've notice. But then again its been a month or two since I've last been to one.

BTW hello CAGs, just busted my CAG cherry.[/quote]
I really just shop online when it comes to Gamecube games, I get better deals than going to a store.

As for CD Connection, it's usually good for PS2 games but hit or miss Xbox games. Did manage to grab Star Wars: Republic Commando(xbox) for $4.99 a few weeks ago. It was in their "As Is" section due to having no cover.

Radjago, I finally got around to checking out Vacs & Videos for Saturn games. Pretty slim pickings and was overpriced out the ass. They were wanting $49.95 for a disc only Shining the Holy Ark. It's been a few years since I went in there and from what I saw, it's gone downhill. It's now nothing but a junk shop for overpriced video games.

[quote name='TheYellowDart']know where i can get NES console/games in kettering area?[/quote]

Gamestop's the only game store in kettering. But check your thread in the old school forum, there's a store nearby that carries NES stuff that might have it.

[quote name='Stalemem']Regarding Cd Connections in the Dayton area, I wouldn't go out of your way to visit them, because its usually very hit or miss. And they rarely have anything from Nintendo worth having from what I've notice. But then again its been a month or two since I've last been to one.

BTW hello CAGs, just busted my CAG cherry.[/QUOTE]
Hey, are you in HQAX?

[quote name='TheYellowDart']know where i can get NES console/games in kettering area?[/QUOTE]

If you're ever in the Columbus area, stop by Play It Trade It (by Henderson & High). They've got a great old school selection.

Tell 'em Eshelman sent you and maybe they'll hook you up with a discount too. :)

Ohh yea that place is great. used to go to the chain of stores by the same owner back when they were videogames and music exchange before they all went belly up and he moved over there and changed the name.

not really a deal but costco in columbus (polaris) had wii bundles (extra controller + mario party 8) for $329.. as of 6:30 pm they still had a lot left.

[quote name='rabbitt']Any Ohio TRU break street-date for BioShock?

EDIT: Cuyahoga Falls TRU on Howe Avenue has a few copies.[/QUOTE]

I'm late to this obviously, but I picked one up here in Toledo on Alexis on Tuesday. All I did was ask the clerk, and he brought out the slips and I snagged one and bailed straight quick.

I'm about to get all 1000 gamerpoints on it too ;P

[quote name='nnthomas']I'm late to this obviously, but I picked one up here in Toledo on Alexis on Tuesday. All I did was ask the clerk, and he brought out the slips and I snagged one and bailed straight quick.

I'm about to get all 1000 gamerpoints on it too ;P[/quote]
So the achievements are pretty easy then?

The Big Kmart located in Middleburg Heights has like 2 to 3 Wii's left. Be sure to call first though, that's what I did.

[quote name='radjago']I read on another board that the Beavercreek, OH store has them for sale.[/QUOTE]

I was definitely the one responsible for buying the last early copy this particular TRU had ;) . Sorry Ohio CAGs!

Just joined today, just found out about CAG today, been enjoying it for sure!

I lived in Grove City orginally then I moved to Newark (2 years ago) and in October I am moving back to Grove City, because my Fiancee and I decided to get an apartment.

*Side note - I work at the Grove City Best Buy (mainly gaming department)

Nice to see so many Ohio CAGS! Go Bucks!

cuyahoga falls CAGer here...trying to find the last few stores that might have PS1 games for 75% off...hit the one at Chapel hill and got BoF4 and persona 2....anyone know of any stores yet to be hit or if the store around you has any?

I'd say try the indie game store in Cincy Mills (Games Galore, I think?) or Game Swap in Tri-County mall. I know for certain Game Swap has them. I wanna say they are $30 or $40.

Eh thats alittle much, I mean their used to be a thirft store(flea market) down in fairfield by the doaller genearl and they had a N64 with the Hey you pikachu! game and controller and cords all for 10 doallers. I really want something between 10-20 bucks.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Eh thats alittle much, I mean their used to be a thirft store(flea market) down in fairfield by the doaller genearl and they had a N64 with the Hey you pikachu! game and controller and cords all for 10 doallers. I really want something between 10-20 bucks.[/quote]Not gonna find it in a game store, that's for sure. Try thrift stores or maybe someone on here is willing to sell one for that much.

Yeah, I don't know of any stores in the area that carry N64's for that cheap. I wish there were more mom and pop stores around here. That's something I'm really starting to miss about Columbus.

bread's done
Back