Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='SolidMetal']Ah.
Do you have anything rare and cheap I could sell online to get a few bucks for? AKA I'm saving up for a 360.[/quote]

Not really, we tend to price the older stuff around the average ebay prices. If something exceptional does come in, i've got a bad habit of buying it . :cool:

[quote name='Bojizzle']Anyone visit Game Junkie lately? It's in West Chester near Cincinnati[/QUOTE]

I was just in there on Monday. Picked up Princess Crown for PSP for $25 and some Halo ActionClix. Planning on stopping back by there on Saturday.

What is game junkie like? My friend used to obsess about it cuz he used to like live there and he told me about how they used to have this like big toy of Sora from kingdom hearts. I always wanted to go to look at their kingdom hearts stuff xD

[quote name='SolidMetal']What is game junkie like? My friend used to obsess about it cuz he used to like live there and he told me about how they used to have this like big toy of Sora from kingdom hearts. I always wanted to go to look at their kingdom hearts stuff xD[/QUOTE]

There's still a lot of Kingdom Hearts figures laying about. I don't think the toys sell too well for them.

[quote name='SolidMetal']oooh lame >.>

So how much is your guys dreamcasts/n64's?[/quote]

Dreamcast's are $30 and N64's are $35.

[quote name='shipwreck']There's still a lot of Kingdom Hearts figures laying about. I don't think the toys sell too well for them.[/quote]
ah sweet. I guess they have high prices on em huh?

[quote name='JDN169']Dreamcast's are $30 and N64's are $35.[/quote]
eh your n64's are too pricey. I saw a n64 complete with pikachu talk thing and mic for 10 bucks at this thrift store that was in Fairfield but the store's not there anymore :/

eh your n64's are too pricey. I saw a n64 complete with pikachu talk thing and mic for 10 bucks at this thrift store that was in Fairfield but the store's not there anymore :/

We price at market value; we were selling them at $18 but when our supply started getting low we bumped them to $25. When we were down to just one or two systems we went to $35.

[quote name='amigreenleaf']I'm a Ohio CAGer too, I usually stay around the Elyria/North Olmsted/Westlake/Avon areas when I go out game shopping. :D I live in North Ridgeville, thats close to Cleveland I guess. Nice to see so many Ohio CAGs![/quote]

Same here.. live in North Olmsted. I can literally walk across the street and be at Great Northern so I'm always checking on several YMMV deals posted but never find them around here. Makes circuit city and compusa closing down in this area more depressing.

Update on the Harshman Rd Meijer closing in Dayton. Grocery side is 10% off, 20% off general merchandise, and an additional 20% off clearnace prices already marked. Everything on the store is elgible and of course all sales are final.

[quote name='radjago']Update on the Harshman Rd Meijer closing in Dayton. Grocery side is 10% off, 20% off general merchandise, and an additional 20% off clearnace prices already marked. Everything on the store is elgible and of course all sales are final.[/quote]

Some decent deals are there. I'm waiting for gen. merch. to go further down so I can get a george foreman grill! :lol: As for games, I didn't see too many gotta have its. tho I DID find odin sphere for $15. sorry guys, last copy!

Who else is picking up their copy of Brawl at the Beavercreek Circuit City? Be cool to see some people from CAG there. Also, does anyone know exactly when CC will have it in, and if there are gonna be midnight launches or anything? I'm gonna call later in the week, but I figured one o' you might already know.

[quote name='bigjunior']Some decent deals are there. I'm waiting for gen. merch. to go further down so I can get a george foreman grill! :lol: As for games, I didn't see too many gotta have its. tho I DID find odin sphere for $15. sorry guys, last copy![/QUOTE]
That okay, I got it for less than that around Christmastime at the Beavercreek store. I didn't look that closely over the PS2 games.

[quote name='JDN169']When we have copies of FF7 they go for $60. We dont have Chrono Cross new but we do have it used for $15 (i believe the current copy is a black label but missing instructions).[/QUOTE]

I saw your listing on CL. You should list all the rare games you're selling here and start a thread in the trading forum.

[quote name='radjago']I saw your listing on CL. You should list all the rare games you're selling here and start a thread in the trading forum.[/quote]

That's probably what i need to do, not many people around here realize what some PS1 games are worth.

At The Game Haven we've recently got in the following:

FF7
Tactics Ogre
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Arc the Lad Collection
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue collection
Escape from Monkey Island
Castlevania SOTN (Import for saturn)
Xenogears
MINT Dragon Warrior 7
SEALED Castlevania SOTN (GH PS1)

I just picked up Persona (PS1) from The Exchange on Cleveland Ave. for $10. It seems like every time I go there, (or any other The Exchange store), I find another rare game for cheap :)

Anyone know where to get a dreamcast for only like under 20 bucks? I don't need any controllers or anything I just need a good console that plays games. I don't need any cables either.

The Game Haven got broken into monday night. As far as we can tell all they took is a used 360 (no cords, just the system), 2 used PS2's, and a used XBOX.

The XBOX and PS2's have Game Haven warranty stickers on the bottom and the 360 has a sticker on the side with my crappy handwriting on it (it says "seems to work, needs further testing").

If anyone finds these for sale in the Dayton area PM me ASAP or call our store at (937)252-5635.

thanks!

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I just picked up Persona (PS1) from The Exchange on Cleveland Ave. for $10. It seems like every time I go there, (or any other The Exchange store), I find another rare game for cheap :)[/QUOTE]

Where at on Cleveland Ave? I've never heard of The Exchange.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Radjago, any idea when the Meijer on harshman is closing? I know I went last week and it was 30-60% off general merchandise(on what was left).[/quote]

Stopped in yesterday, it was still 30-60%. no really-gotta-have-it games. may get a few at the next price drop, but until then....

Yeah so any deals on like a 360 anywhere? And PS I'm in north carolina right now so i won't be home til like saturday.

[quote name='JDN169']The Game Haven got broken into monday night. As far as we can tell all they took is a used 360 (no cords, just the system), 2 used PS2's, and a used XBOX.

The XBOX and PS2's have Game Haven warranty stickers on the bottom and the 360 has a sticker on the side with my crappy handwriting on it (it says "seems to work, needs further testing").

If anyone finds these for sale in the Dayton area PM me ASAP or call our store at (937)252-5635.

thanks![/QUOTE]
That sucks! I can't believe that's all they stole. What a waste! Hope they get caught. I'll keep an eye on ebay, craigslist, and the local papers for listings.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Anyone know where to get a dreamcast for only like under 20 bucks? I don't need any controllers or anything I just need a good console that plays games. I don't need any cables either.[/QUOTE]
They go for $40 or so on ebay. I'd keep an eye out on craigslist or local pawn shops.

[quote name='bigjunior']Stopped in yesterday, it was still 30-60%. no really-gotta-have-it games. may get a few at the next price drop, but until then....[/quote]

Yep, went there yesterday. Saw a lot of mediocre games(jeez, they had a ton of copies of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run for Xbox). Might pick up Justice League Heroes & a couple others if they get up to 80% off.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Yep, went there yesterday. Saw a lot of mediocre games(jeez, they had a ton of copies of Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run for Xbox). Might pick up Justice League Heroes & a couple others if they get up to 80% off.[/quote]

Stopped in today, and it's 40% - 60% for gen merch, and 50% off for games. But most of the good games are gone now. I figure a few ebayers raided it something fierce sunday. Even still, there's bargains to be had if you want to get few games on the cheap (Jak 3 for $6... why not!)

to add... store closes in 13 days

[quote name='bigjunior'] But most of the good games are gone now.[/quote]

Nope, there weren't that many good games to begin with. It's been pretty much crap that Gamestop & Game Crazy are overstocked with ever since they started clearing everything out.

Family Video in Huber Heights has a couple 29.95 pre-owned Assassin's Creeds, Mass Effects, Halo 3s, and one 19.95 Super Mario Galaxy when I dropped by this morning.

I stopped by yesterday and it was 60% off marked prices. Slim pickings though. I'm amazed that all the DS, PS3, and Wii games disappeared so quickly.

Just got back from the University Heights Target...lots of clearance deals. PC/Mac GH3 for $50 marked down from $70. Bluetooth keyboard for PS3 for $25. Shure headphone $70 marked down from $100.
Just wanted to let the Clevelanders know about all these deals.

If you want a Wii, Toys R Us will probably be a good place to look. We just got 45 on our truck last night(Eastgate TRU) and we are supposed to be getting two more 40+ shipments in the next two weeks. I would call first though because Im not sure if they will be holds for ads or not.

Ended up buying Orange Box(PS3) for 24.xx with the $5 off coupon last night at the target near Polaris in Columbus. They also had some other good deals. There was one copy of OB left.

[quote name='JDN169']This is getting real old real fast, robbed again and this time we got a news video:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/15953448/detail.html

If anyone knows anything call the store or cops.[/quote]

That's pretty damn sad. Did the store keep track the registration numbers on the systems? Hopefully they'll catch the 2 guys that did it.

To be honest, that area that the store is in has gone downhill the past 10 years. I think that's why CD Connection moved up to across from Wright State's campus(until it eventually closed). I remember a couple times that store got robbed before they moved.

[quote name='Irukandji']there was a dreamcast for 20 bucks at the exchange by my house. kamms corner in cleveland.[/quote]
Wow I live in cincinnati lol.

And I'm sorry about that store. Looked like a pretty good store. :/ good to see local gamestore still.

watched the news. Those guys knew EXACTLY what they were doing and going after. the whole thing took 45 seconds!!
Sad to see this shit going on. Hope you guys are insured and can recover.

We're really not as bad off as the news makes it out. We ended up losing a premium and elite 360 along with a handful of games but it's not like it's going to put us under or anything. We don't keep serial numbers or anything on file but even if we did i doubt we'd ever find them. We're currently looking at ways of improving security.

The response time from the police was awesome (about 2 minutes) but not much you can do when the d-bags only took 45 seconds (as mentioned). Normally robberies are an annual thing, apparently not this year.

At least channel 7 ran a legit story, Fox news made us sound like the small shop struggling to make it in the big scary world, they also seemed more concerned about the release of GTA 4 than the robbery. To top it off, the article on their website is very poorly written (misspellings and a mention that $2K is all we make in a month, that would barely pay rent, much less 12 employees).

For those interested, we've got a used Wii in stock (that managed to avoid being stolen). It's a little expensive at $240 though.

[quote name='JDN169']We're really not as bad off as the news makes it out. We ended up losing a premium and elite 360 along with a handful of games but it's not like it's going to put us under or anything. We don't keep serial numbers or anything on file but even if we did i doubt we'd ever find them. We're currently looking at ways of improving security.

The response time from the police was awesome (about 2 minutes) but not much you can do when the d-bags only took 45 seconds (as mentioned). Normally robberies are an annual thing, apparently not this year.

At least channel 7 ran a legit story, Fox news made us sound like the small shop struggling to make it in the big scary world, they also seemed more concerned about the release of GTA 4 than the robbery. To top it off, the article on their website is very poorly written (misspellings and a mention that $2K is all we make in a month, that would barely pay rent, much less 12 employees).

For those interested, we've got a used Wii in stock (that managed to avoid being stolen). It's a little expensive at $240 though.[/quote]

Agreed about the news coverage. Ch 7 ran a good story about the theft; halfway thru the Fox story I was wondering what the hell they were reporting about!! Where did GTA4 even enter into the equation?!

[quote name='bigjunior']Agreed about the news coverage. Ch 7 ran a good story about the theft; halfway thru the Fox story I was wondering what the hell they were reporting about!! Where did GTA4 even enter into the equation?![/quote]

I did manage to be in the Fox video though. ;)

I think the angle Fox was going for was that people may be breaking into stores to get copies of GTA 4 to play/sell. It came out pretty stupid.

Any Dayton-ites looking for a wii should be one of the first two people in line at the Trotwood Sears on Sunday, so a little birdie tells me.

Hey guys. Not an Ohio resident myself, but I found a coupon some of you might be able to use. There's a set of Gamestops that have a coupon flyer that includes a 50% trade-in bonus coupon on it. Rules: 5 games at a time, doesn't stack with anything but Edge, coupon must be surrendered. Here are the Ohio stores listed on my coupon (got it in Indianapolis):

1) Eastgate Mall (4601 Eastgate Blvd, Cincinnati)
2) Eastgate Square (4394 Eastgate Square Dr, Cincinnati)

A little specific, but if you're in that area, check those GSes for the coupons. They're good until the end of August.

bread's done
Back