Oil in Transmission Fluid

karmapolice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I just purchased my 87 z a few days ago. I hadnt eaten today and am moving soon so my heads not exactly in the game. Ive been putting off adding oil for the past week or so, and so I decide to do it before it gets dark. I somehow started filling my transmission fluid with oil, but quickly realized Im an idiot. Is it going to permanantly damage my car if I drive it to a shop to get it flushed or should I get it towed? Keep in mind I probably only put in about 1/8 of a quart before realizing my mistake.

Its been a long couple weeks and Im trying to find a place in Tucson to move into so I can go to school for the summer. Ive just been so out of it and so stressed.

Any opinion or help would be greatly appreciated. Im not a car expert but I do know my basics and Im just dumbfounded as to how I could have done this. I must need sleep...

Thanks in advance.

Drop the pan..change tranny fluid..run it..cleanse again...

Im not a mechanic but thats what i would do..

Hence dropping the pan, changing the fluid..run it a little, change again to make sure you got it all out.

Im sure they make tranny system cleaning fluids etc etc.

[quote name='Will']Im sure they make tranny system cleaning fluids etc etc.[/quote]

KY?

Anyways OP just do what everyone else says. Drain, fill, run, flush, refill.

bread's done
Back