Oink! and other Private Torrent Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Moxio']Anyone know a good torrent search website? Like, one that can search various torrent sites? It's a hassle going through, like, 8 sites just to find something.

[quote name='LiquidNight']In that case, you'd lose your invites permanently, I think.
From what I can piece together from his post, he lost something, but not his account, so yeah, that makes sense.[/quote]

Yup, you and spillcanvas hit the nail on the head. Invited some guy unknowingly who was not only banned previously, but also cheated. Screwed me out of an invite as well. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Well I need a bemaniso invitation please ;)
I give a blackcats invitation in exchange

Interested guys send me a pm please:cry:

I finally hit 10GBs uploaded on OiNK tonight! :D

Now I can finally invite my friends. I've been telling them about how great it is.

So I downloaded 4 albums from Oink and I cant get any of them to seed. This concerns me cause I dont want to get banned .. from what I can tell its by far the best music site out there. Has anyone else had this problem?

(I'm using uTorrent by the way)

[quote name='Maklershed']So I downloaded 4 albums from Oink and I cant get any of them to seed. This concerns me cause I dont want to get banned .. from what I can tell its by far the best music site out there. Has anyone else had this problem?

(I'm using uTorrent by the way)[/quote]It's hard to rely on seeding just things you downloaded. Probably 95% of the 14.06 gigs I've uploaded have come from torrents I uploaded myself. With those other torrents, the people with the fastest connections are the ones who will seed the most. I'm sure that you've got some actual CD's around your house, and someone wants them in a format it's not already in. That's what helped me out. I basically uploaded 10 gigs worth of stuff by ripping only 5 CD's.

[quote name='Maklershed']So I downloaded 4 albums from Oink and I cant get any of them to seed. This concerns me cause I dont want to get banned .. from what I can tell its by far the best music site out there. Has anyone else had this problem?

(I'm using uTorrent by the way)[/quote]

It's not a problem with your comp, it's that way for everyone on OiNK. Unless you have alot of things of your own to upload, it's pretty tough getting started. I was pretty much stuck for awhile, but got lucky during Christmas time.

Learing to rip CD's into FLAC format is the way to go. The file sizes are huge (A regular, 40 minute CD is about 150-200 megs), and the Audiophiles at OiNK love it. Of course, you need the actual retail CD in order to do that...

(I'm using uTorrent by the way)[/quote]Try going to Preferences-->BitTorrent-->Protocol Encryption-->Outgoing and setting it to enabled, along with checking the "Allow Incoming Legacy Connections" box.

Also, leave uTorrent running at ALL times, unless you're trying to play games online.
VG's FLAC suggestion is also good.

I'm looking for an invite to demonoid since I've just found out about the site and open registrations are closed. I have invites to a few sites I'm willing to exchange for one. Anyone have an extra invite to spare? If so, pm me.

I´ve got demonoid invitations also, i would like to exchange for blackcats invitation, send me an email if you like one

I've got TvTorrents invites with 1GCred apiece, to trade for invites to pretty much anywhere else. Oink is one I'm definitely interested in.

PM me for details.

Anyone ever heard of or joined bitme.org or learningbits? If so, what sort of traffic do they have there? Is it all educational materials? If so, what sort? Manuals, texts, videos, what??

if anyone wants to trade an invite let me know. i prefer Oink or any good site. i have an invite available to demonoid.

Heads up to alot of the people in here. You are offering "crap" invites for "rare" ones.

Demonoid is basically useless since they have open weekends.

--------------

Does anybody know where I can get the pilot to Cow & Chicken (01 - No Smoking) from? I've tracked down all the episodes besides that one.

[quote name='rodninni']Anyone ever heard of or joined bitme.org or learningbits? If so, what sort of traffic do they have there? Is it all educational materials? If so, what sort? Manuals, texts, videos, what??[/quote]

I emailed my cousin, he loves to download books on coding and unix. (Shrug) Not my thing, he says traffic at bitme is pretty low and that you're better off on IRC--especially since it's so hard for him to keep his ratio up.

[quote name='zewone']Looking for a blackcats invite. I got OiNKs to trade.[/quote]

IM KINDA OF NEW HERE AND WAS WONDERING IF U COULD GET ME AN INVITE TO OINK BUT I DONT GOT ANYTHING TO OFFER BUT IF YOU COULD GET ME AN INVITE PLEAAASSE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

[quote name='zewone']Looking for a blackcats invite. I got OiNKs to trade.[/quote]

IM KINDA OF NEW HERE AND WAS WONDERING IF U COULD GET ME AN INVITE TO OINK BUT I DONT GOT ANYTHING TO OFFER BUT IF YOU COULD GET ME AN INVITE PLEAAASSE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

[quote name='JohnnyEscobar']IM KINDA OF NEW HERE AND WAS WONDERING IF U COULD GET ME AN INVITE TO OINK BUT I DONT GOT ANYTHING TO OFFER BUT IF YOU COULD GET ME AN INVITE PLEAAASSE EMAIL ME AT [email protected][/quote] I know for a fact that OiNK users hate anyone who uses all caps, and would never, ever give them an invite.

Or double posting.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I know for a fact that OiNK users hate anyone who uses all caps, and would never, ever give them an invite.

Or double posting.[/quote]

In fairness, There are almost as many idiots on OiNK as the interwebs in general.

But you're dead on. My ratio is low, but I wouldn't give dude an invite anyway.

[quote name='naes']I have Demonoid and TvTorrents invites (over 20G credits). I need BitMeTV and OiNK...[/quote]I already have TVTorrents membership, is there any way you can just give me those credits in return for an OiNK invite?

Yes, it is possible. I don't want to give you ALL my credits though :bomb:
[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I already have TVTorrents membership, is there any way you can just give me those credits in return for an OiNK invite?[/quote]

[quote name='AK85']I could use an Oink invite if anyone is feeling in the giving mood.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do you think you'll be able to keep a ratio up?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Do you think you'll be able to keep a ratio up?[/quote]

My demonoid ratio is at 1.2 right now (haven't really being downloading or seeding a whole bunch), so I don't know what Oink makes you keep it at, but I just need to keep azureus open and I should be fine.

[quote name='AK85']My demonoid ratio is at 1.2 right now (haven't really being downloading or seeding a whole bunch), so I don't know what Oink makes you keep it at, but I just need to keep azureus open and I should be fine.[/QUOTE]

PM me your email address and it's yours.

Shit, if anyone else has an Oink invite, can you hook me up?

I don't have any invites that I can trade though..........so this is pretty much me just pissing in the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back