OK Computer or The Bends?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
What's your favorite Radiohead album? I'm not including all the EPs even though I know how much internet nerds love posting crap like "this poll sucks - what about that home demo made in 1985 where you can hear the TV in the background? That's my favorite one."

My favorite is The Bends followed closely by OK Computer. I really like Kid A too but I've got to be in the right mood to listen to it...

The Bends. Always and forever.

OK Computer is close, but not close enough for this to even require thought.

I kind of prefer Amnesiac to Kid A.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Bends. Always and forever.

OK Computer is close, but not close enough for this to even require thought.
[/QUOTE]

This is the correct answer.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've lost track ... when is their new album supposed to be released?[/quote]

Speculation is that it is scheduled for March 10, 2008... some nerds deciphered weird clues on their website to mean "March WaX" with "wax" being a reference to a record and the capital "X" representing the 10th. I read it this morning which is what prompted this thread.

OK Computer, that's their peak, everything before and after trails off in quality. Coincidentally, it was also the first album I ever bought.

I voted OK Computer after a long and arduous personal journey. Believe me I loooooove The Bends and am very very sentimentally attached to it and considered it my favorite for a long time, but I think both albums are old enough now to be listened to objectively. And having done that, it's difficult to argue that, while The Bends is a seriously excellent guitar album, OK Computer really is their masterpiece.

I like to listen to OK Computer the most these days, but Amnesiac and Kid A are some of their best produced and musically interesting albums, to me.

I myself am a pretty big fan of Radiohead. OK Computer is definitely my favorite. I just listened to it last week, all the way through, and it sounded just as fresh as when I first listened to it ten years ago.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']What song was their video way back in the days, the animated one? Not Creep, but it was something else.[/QUOTE]

Paranoid Android. Amazing fucking song. Amazing band. Amazing album (that I voted for).

My album order goes like this:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3-T.OK Computer
3-TAmnesiac
4. HTTT
5. Pablo Honey

OK Computer and Amnesiac are really close for me and I've honestly listened to Amnesiac more times. C'mon Radiohead. It's been 4 freakin' years already. RELEASE YOUR NEW ALBUM!

I voted Kid A. My order would go:

Kid A
Ok Computer
Amnesiac
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Hail To The Thief

Some might wonder why I have Pablo before Hail, but if you listen to Pablo Honey you will hear one of the greatest 90's rock albums of all time. I cant wait for the new cd, although I have a feeling it will be a couple more years. Seeing them at Bonnaroo 06 was one of the most amazing shows Ive ever seen in my life. If you ever hear a Kid A song preformed live, then you know why it should be number 1.

Definitely OK Computer, every song on that album is good.

Hell, I guess you could say the same about all of their albums. :lol:

The Bends is an awesome CD, and has some of my all-time favorite tracks on it ("High and Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees" in particular), but OK Computer wins their #1 album hands down for me. I'd put it in the top three most important CDs of the 1990's.

[quote name='evilmregg']The Bends is an awesome CD, and has some of my all-time favorite tracks on it ("High and Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees" in particular), but OK Computer wins their #1 album hands down for me. I'd put it in the top three most important CDs of the 1990's.[/quote]

The other two being "Slanted and Enchanted" and "Downward is Heavenward" right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

[quote name='javeryh']The other two being "Slanted and Enchanted" and "Downward is Heavenward" right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?[/quote]

Ooh, both excellent CDs, but with Downward is Heavenward in particular, nobody really listened to it, so it's disqualified as being one of the three most important. My thoughts are more along the lines of Nevermind (remember, I said "important" not "good") and Siamese Dream.

[quote name='evilmregg']Ooh, both excellent CDs, but with Downward is Heavenward in particular, nobody really listened to it, so it's disqualified as being one of the three most important. My thoughts are more along the lines of Nevermind (remember, I said "important" not "good") and Siamese Dream.[/QUOTE]

I still think "Slanted and Enchanted" was more influential than Siamese Dream. If only for the fact that a lot of the goodness in SD is in the way it was (over) produced. Whereas S+E's complete lack of anything resembling production or effort influenced piles upon piles of indie bands (most of whom found out the hard way that S+E actually wasn't just some impromptu, thrown together crap...it was genuinely brilliant.) It was also the perfect counterpoint to Nirvana mania--underground and laid back.

[quote name='pinebarrens']My album order goes like this:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3-T.OK Computer
3-TAmnesiac
4. HTTT
5. Pablo Honey

OK Computer and Amnesiac are really close for me and I've honestly listened to Amnesiac more times. C'mon Radiohead. It's been 4 freakin' years already. RELEASE YOUR NEW ALBUM![/quote]

Hell yeah. New album in about a week. :D

my favorite song by radiohead is on the bends...but OK Computer is just an amazing album...I knew once that was released that it will be my favorite radiohead album of all time...it is almost perfect.

The Bends was my first love and my favorite album for years but somewhere along the way OK Computer took it's place. Kid A is a very close third behind OK Computer and The Bends. Never really gave Amnesiac or Pablo Honey a chance but here is an AMAZING acoustic version of You (probably performed during The Bends era due to his falsetto).

[quote name='karmapolice']I voted Kid A. My order would go:

Kid A
Ok Computer
Amnesiac
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Hail To The Thief

Some might wonder why I have Pablo before Hail, but if you listen to Pablo Honey you will hear one of the greatest 90's rock albums of all time. I cant wait for the new cd, although I have a feeling it will be a couple more years. Seeing them at Bonnaroo 06 was one of the most amazing shows Ive ever seen in my life. If you ever hear a Kid A song preformed live, then you know why it should be number 1.[/quote]

That was an amazing show. How far away were you from the stage? How long did you sit in that crowd waiting for Radiohead? My friends and I went in there as soon as they opened the gates, and we were about (this is my rough estimate) 80 feet away from the stage.

Oh, and probably Kid A, followed by Ok Computer.

[quote name='deadite76']The Bends has my vote for number one! OK Computer comes in at second with Amnesiac and Kid A tied for third.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better.

bread's done
Back