ok i now need some DS opinions. (PICS of PS2 added)

Akkis99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok here is the deal. I have a white custom painted ps2 and a few games for ps2. These are them:
Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits PS2
Chaos Legion PS2
Final Fantasy X PS2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2
Guilty Gear X PS2
I-Ninja PS2
NBA Street PS2
PlayStation 2 Console PS2
Secret Weapons Over Normandy PS2
The Bouncer PS2
FFX-2 PS2

It comes with 1 controller....

I was offered a DS system mario 64 all sealed new.....and $85 bucks. Do you think i should do it? Does PS2 have a real reaso to keep it? I never play my ps2 at all..i have a xbox and love it. I also hav e a GCN and barely play that. I never play my ps2 at all anymore. I kind of hate the white ps2 now and want a normal one and was thinkin of getting the DS and just buying a ps2 with the 85 i get. Im not sure tho. The problem is do you think ps2 is worth keeping or anything like that? Im very skeptical. Is the DS worth having. I do have a SP and i never play it so i am hoping a Ds will change that. DS doesnt have many good games now though.Should i wait for PSP? So im very skeptical. Please some of you opinions.

I say get rid of the PS2.. you wouldn't miss any of those games except San Andreas, and that's coming to XBox.. DS will have Mario Kart, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid, etc.. I mean, come on.. wireless Mario Kart multiplayer.. it can't get much better than that.

[quote name='Scorch']I say get rid of the PS2.. you wouldn't miss any of those games except San Andreas, and that's coming to XBox.. DS will have Mario Kart, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid, etc.. I mean, come on.. wireless Mario Kart multiplayer.. it can't get much better than that.[/quote]

I agree, a DS and XBOX is all you need.

[quote name='Akkis99']what u mean system for system?[/quote]

He meant the PS2 for the DS straight up, but that wouldn't make much sense because you'd still have a bunch of PS2 games with no PS2.

Most of those games don't have much in the way of replay value (imo anyway). I say trade away. As long you want the DS the trade seems in your favor to me (brand new hardware+cash for your used shiz is good stuff.)

As for the PS2 it's my fav system, but you may have so much gaming on your plate you don't need it. If you do decide you want one you can always go out and pick up a new mini system at a later date.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Akkis99']up[/quote]

Dood, no use bumping it, there's nobody on this late. :lol:[/quote]

I am on!

I'd trade the crapbox for the DS. Sony has been buying the rights to box's few good games. Or, the game makers are switching-like phantom crash 2 and others. (Yes, i have a shytbox as well as ps2). If the box is so much better, then why can't you play a burned music cd on it w/o a mod chip? As far as the DS goes, you can't play any of the old gb games on it, but it's bigger then the B/W gameboy. I'd recomend just passong on it and waiting. The DS will go down in price and most of the people I know who have one complaine there isn't any good games out/due out soon to back it. Shoudl alos be called the nintnedo GE- that backlight sucks, and metroide is so damn dark.If your dead set on getting rid of the ps2, and its a custom paint job making it a "mod" case, ditch it on ebay as a bundle.

Go for it. I say go for it and get rid of your PS2! Take the DS and go put a deposit on a new PSP with the $85. Great deal IMO

it will take a bit longer but you will get the most value if you sell everyhting individually on ebay and use all proceeds to buy what you want. san andreas and maybe a couple more of those games will get you the $85 alone and the ps2 being custom white might attract higher bids on ebay.

ditched my xbox for DS and never looked back. I paid $50 for the thing and traded it in with some CHEAP ASS games, $5 or less each for the $150 credit at ebgames back in the day. More than worth it for this little thing. PS2 + DS + PC are all I need.

If you don't play the PS2, and you hate it being white, go for it. You may or may not be able to get a little more on eBay, but it probably isn't worth the hassle.

No, there aren't many good games available for DS yet (there aren't many bad games either), and there won't be for a couple of months, but it sounds like you mainly play Xbox, anyway.

I dont see why you wouldnt just trade it away if you don't even like it!

just do it! and with that $85 you could do a lot hehe =)

look for a good deal on a normal used ps2 or something like that

IMO i dont think you can lose on this deal... don't consider other people's preferences on systems

If your not playing it now then there's no need to keep it. It's pointless to wait for other games at a later time, when there are some you want NOW.

It's realy a no-brainer, sell the fucker and buy what you want.

ya, i think im going to trade my white ps2.....and get that DS with 85 bucks. I hope mario 64 is good. Im real excited. If anything i will use that 85 bucks i have and the selling of my sp since there is no use of it anymore to buy a nice new PS2. Thanxs everyone

PS2 is dying. DS has just been born. Trade the PS2 now while the value is still decent. If you arent playing it now with GTA, MGS 3, and whatever else is out now what the hell are you looking forward to?

Anyway i am having fun with both units now but once im done with MGS 3 i'm probably gonna trade in my PS2 as there is nothing i am looking forward to in the PS2's future.

BTW Asphalt Urban GT is the shit! Must-have for DS owners.

bread's done
Back