OK, it's gotta be that time again - post your collection pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill be posting my shiznit shortly, hopefully. Gotta clean up before New Years party, so everything should be in its place before then for pics =]

[quote name='Chacrana']No, I got the Oppo after the 360. Why do you ask?

And for anyone who's wondering, the 981 is Oppo's new player that came out 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's a revised version of the 971 that does 1080p.[/quote]

I was just curious because the 360 upconverts to 1080p via VGA, but realized that it's not an option for everyone.

[quote name='Trakan']I was just curious because the 360 upconverts to 1080p via VGA, but realized that it's not an option for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I could hook the 360 up via VGA, but the Oppo's picture quality at any resolution is a lot better. I'm kinda a videophile so I needed the Oppo

No disrespect to Chacrana, as I have a ton of respect (and envy :) )for the time and effort put into that collection, but seeing collections that big makes me happy how condensed I keep mine.

Here is a shot of my main TV set-up. I plan to move to a HD-TV as soon as possible.

IMG_0033.jpg

Here is a shot of under my main TV set-up. Notice the Magnavox Odyssey 2 (of which I have all the games for) and the Mountain Dew XBox.

IMG_0045.jpg

To the left of my TV, my Audio/Video set-up including receiver and Component Video Splitter. Notice the US GCN running a Japanese Platinum GB Player.

IMG_0046.jpg

Moving further left, my main computing area, including my Apple MacBook Pro and my Windows based PC.

IMG_0034.jpg

Above my PC monitor.

IMG_0044.jpg

Note the 2 RSX remote controlled cars....I have the real car to go with them ... 2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Acura3.jpg

Moving further left, most of my portable stuff. (note that I do have a PSP and a DS, but those are not going to be pictured.)

IMG_0043.jpg

Left even more, a few video game things here.

IMG_0042.jpg

A GameBoy Advance store sign....this thing is huge...almost 4 foot long.

IMG_0041.jpg

GBA Classic NES Series Retail Kit (complete with all shirts, stickers, etc. still sealed).

IMG_0040.jpg

To the right of my TV....many many games here...... (the Odyssey 2 collection is complete, including the rare Power Lords - the 32x Collection is only missing 2 titles)

IMG_0032.jpg

Same area, but without the tubs blocking the view.

IMG_0047.jpg

Above my closet, some random stuff stored here.

IMG_0039.jpg

In the closet, tub full of complete NES games, SNES games, loose paperwork, etc.

IMG_0038.jpg

My DVD tower, featuring 300+ DVDs.

IMG_0037.jpg

Some more Nintendo Store Displays.

IMG_0035.jpg

The King Of Games T-Shirt (limited edition, only at Nintendo Store in NYC -- $70.00 T-Shirt)

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Corner with a bunch of stuff in it.

IMG_0036.jpg

The basement arcade, which includes many full size arcade machines and pinball machines. (Also, not pictured is a Baby Pac-man machine that is a video game and pinball machine in one - I just ordered it, I will be picking it up after I get back from my Californian vacation which I leave for tomorrow.)

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Besides these pictures, I have many many items stored away in 2 different closets, in tubs under the bed, and in a few cupboards. Right now I have 40+ systems and 1200+ games. These pictures only show a sampling of what I have stashed away.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I am always amazed at no matter how clean a collection is setup, it awlays looks like a packrat... though Chacrana is the only exception I've seen.[/quote]

Strell is fucking insane. Hes like a pack rat of storage materials. :lol:

To Chacrana and Tholly:

Just a question, but how old are you guys? You must have made a SHIT load of money to get that much stuff. That, or you have some rich parents. What do you guys do for a living?

[quote name='xghostsniperx']To Chacrana and Tholly:

Just a question, but how old are you guys? You must have made a SHIT load of money to get that much stuff. That, or you have some rich parents. What do you guys do for a living?[/QUOTE]

My age is ambiguous, but I'm in college and unemployed. How do I do it? Deal shopping like a motherfucker (though I admittedly buy all my stuff new), Ebay, and not spending money stupidly. You wouldn't believe how much money you can save by restraining yourself when it comes to buying things you don't really need. My collection is also the result of many, many years of buying stuff. It's not like all of that dropped out of the air in the last year.

[quote name='Vinny']Some of you are fucking nuts!:drool:[/quote]
For real, I'd be to ashamed to post my collection on here. I don't deserve to be on this site.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']To Chacrana and Tholly:

Just a question, but how old are you guys? You must have made a SHIT load of money to get that much stuff. That, or you have some rich parents. What do you guys do for a living?[/QUOTE]

23....I'm in grad. school, but have had high paying part time jobs along the way ( among them, I managed a rental company ) .... for a lot of my stuff, i bargain shop, save money for a while, or get as gifts (but I do pay for most of my own stuff) ... but, i do alright for myself .... plus, ive been buying / getting video games stuff since the time of nintendo (yes, the nintendo under my tv is my original nintendo that i got when i was young)

you really just have to be smart with your money ... ive collected all this stuff and i still find ways to save up $2100 on a diamond ring plus a few hundred to go to cali with my gf for new years (where i am going to propose)

[quote name='mrchainsaw']For real, I'd be to ashamed to post my collection on here. I don't deserve to be on this site.[/QUOTE]

I was ashamed of my collection half a year ago. You, too, can become a winner in very little time.

[quote name='daphatty']Jesus fucking christ tholly! That is one hell of a collection! I don't think I could handle having that much stuff.[/QUOTE]

yea, a lot of the stuff i either haven't ever opened or played ... even until a few weeks ago i had some 360 games that i had left sealed for a couple months before finding time to pop them in

tholly,

I have that same exact Panasonic Home Theater in a Box.

I take it that you've also noticed that the subwoofer is very low? It works for me right now because I'm in an apt and can't have a booming subwoofer, but when I move to a house, this p.o.s. is gone.

I think I paid like $179 for it at Fry's when it was on sale.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Well, if you guys ever have any PS2/DC/Saturn shmups you wanna sell from those behemoths you call video game collections, drop me a line :)[/QUOTE]

Ha! I will absolutely not sell my shmups. These are some of the most entertaining games I own... there's really nothing else that can put such a stupid grin on my face while I'm playing it.

Good to see I'm not crazy though -- tholly agrees with me on the spending wisely part. I'm not sure if the HT setup I'm getting is "spending wisely" though... I'm getting a 5.1 set of Paradigm speakers (high end stuff, not low-end no name garbage like you might have guessed) and one of the new receivers that Denon's announcing at CES in January... setting aside a good $1000 for that. Which brings me to the next point of spending wisely:

If you're going to build something, do it right. Don't buy a shitty TV with the intention of replacing it a little bit down the road and don't buy a shitty HT setup just because you want it right now. Research your purchases first and you will end up with a much, much, much better setup than you possibly could if you blindly buy things.

[quote name='Chacrana']don't buy a shitty HT setup just because you want it right now. Research your purchases first and you will end up with a much, much, much better setup than you possibly could if you blindly buy things.[/quote]

My feelings exactly. Thats why i still have my old Sony 5.1 HT ive had for like 8 years. I don't want to spend the big bucks until i own a single home instead of a condo where i can use its full potential without annoying the neighbors :lol:

[quote name='gsr']tholly,

I have that same exact Panasonic Home Theater in a Box.

I take it that you've also noticed that the subwoofer is very low? It works for me right now because I'm in an apt and can't have a booming subwoofer, but when I move to a house, this p.o.s. is gone.

I think I paid like $179 for it at Fry's when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

yea, its not the best and neither is the tv....when i got them i was quite happy with them, but, my next purchases of a sound system and tv will def. be high end stuff....i agree with the above statments about just saving up and buying high end rather than buying crap and then replacing it......

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Well, if you guys ever have any PS2/DC/Saturn shmups you wanna sell from those behemoths you call video game collections, drop me a line :)[/QUOTE]

yea, sorry, not gonna happen....

i have actually never sold or traded anything that i didnt already have at least 1 copy of it in my collection except for a spare pinball machine that i had that i couldnt get working....

paid $80 for the pinball machine and traded it in towards a $600 machine....only paid $400 for the new machine with the trade in......

jeezus! I'm glad I can live vicariously through other CAGs like tholly, because there's no way I could handle having all that shit in my house! :D

Old pics from about a year ago, I'll post new ones tonight or tomorrow, lots of changes have happened over the past year.

setup_pic06.jpg

TV is a 27" Flat Screen, no HD yet, hopefully in a couple of months.

setup_pic02.jpg

At the time this was taken I had a Black Dreamcast, Xbox, US PS2, JPN White Slim PS2, GameCube, and Genesis 3 hooked up to the TV. The White PS2 is for Shmups and Fighters.

setup_pic03.jpg

setup_pic04.jpg

setup_pic05.jpg

My 9/9/99 Dreamcast in box, Sonic 10th Anniversary, Mario Camera

Remember these were from a year ago, I have a 360, Wii, and a DS Lite to add.

[quote name='Simply Dave']Great collections chac and tholly!

Tholly, where'd you get that Mario pinball machine? I've always wanted one of those.[/QUOTE]

i got it at Super Auctions - $685 + 13% buyers premium + 6% tax

it was expensive, but well worth it, and for that price, it was cheap for a fully working pinball machine in great shape....its easily worth $1500

[quote name='mrchainsaw']For real, I'd be to ashamed to post my collection on here. I don't deserve to be on this site.[/QUOTE]

There's no collection to be ashamed of... I don't have 1000s of items but what I have I'm proud of because nobody has the same exact collection as you. Hopefully.

I was just saying that they're fucking nuts, especially finding out one of them doesn't have a job.

[quote name='Vinny']There's no collection to be ashamed of... I don't have 1000s of items but what I have I'm proud of because nobody has the same exact collection as you. Hopefully.

I was just saying that they're fucking nuts, especially finding out one of them doesn't have a job.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well, I'm in college so I'm pretty much living at home... as a result, things like living expenses are irrelevant. So I can afford to throw more money at gaming stuff.

Hey Chacrana, what's the model of the Sony monitor? Do you use it only for gaming? I'm looking for something around that size and yours looks pretty nice ;)

How much'd you pay for it? It's HD?

[quote name='Chacrana']Haha, well, I'm in college so I'm pretty much living at home... as a result, things like living expenses are irrelevant. So I can afford to throw more money at gaming stuff.[/QUOTE]

Still... your fucking nuts dammit.:lol:

[quote name='Chrono72090']Hey Chacrana, what's the model of the Sony monitor? Do you use it only for gaming? I'm looking for something around that size and yours looks pretty nice ;)

How much'd you pay for it? It's HD?[/QUOTE]

That TV is the Sony XBR1. I believe that it's the best 26" TV there is.... perfect for a bedroom. I use it for gaming, HD cable, DVDs, and I have my computer hooked up to it as well. It doesn't have issues with ghosting, input lag, or any of that. I spent a ton of time researching TVs before I ended up with this one so I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

and IIRC, there was a post in the "Other Deals" forum saying that Frys.com had the TV for like $800. Yes, you need this.

[quote name='Vinny']Still... your fucking nuts dammit.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Heh, wait till Summer when I update it... it's gonna be crazy and I'm planning on getting a bunch of new wallscrolls and figures and random stuff like that... it will truly be a nerd paradise.

Weird thing: Nobody really knows I'm a nerd before they see teh room of doom. Then it becomes pretty clear. I guess I'm essentially a "closet nerd."

[quote name='Chacrana']Weird thing: Nobody really knows I'm a nerd before they see teh room of doom. Then it becomes pretty clear. I guess I'm essentially a "closet nerd."[/quote]

Yeah, no one really hangs out at my place, but if they do, I'm afraid what they'll think of teh closet nerdness my room also contains :roll: It could be worse, though. Thanks for the info on the TV.

Wanted to let everyone know I'll be making a new thread when we get close to 500 replies, ala the OTT. I'm also going to be going through and putting thumbnails in the OP of everyone's setups when I get back home at the start of the year.

And, here's a question for the Xbox and 360 owners: Did you adjust your collection of games for the BC games?

For example, I keep my games organized in alpha by console. I was considering taking the BC ones out and making them their own category.

[quote name='Chacrana']

Weird thing: Nobody really knows I'm a nerd before they see teh room of doom. Then it becomes pretty clear. I guess I'm essentially a "closet nerd."[/QUOTE]

But when they walk it, it's gotta be like walking into a toy store... one where nothing is for sale. It's like you tell a kid you have candy and once he holds out his hands for some, you kick them in the throat.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Wanted to let everyone know I'll be making a new thread when we get close to 500 replies, ala the OTT. I'm also going to be going through and putting thumbnails in the OP of everyone's setups when I get back home at the start of the year.

And, here's a question for the Xbox and 360 owners: Did you adjust your collection of games for the BC games?

For example, I keep my games organized in alpha by console. I was considering taking the BC ones out and making them their own category.[/QUOTE]

I didn't reorganize for the BC... mainly because it's so spotty right now. I don't bother with the 360's BC and just stick with the normal system... and it'd look kinda dumb to have certain Xbox games randomly put in the 360 section just because of the BC.

[quote name='Chacrana']I didn't reorganize for the BC... mainly because it's so spotty right now. I don't bother with the 360's BC and just stick with the normal system... and it'd look kinda dumb to have certain Xbox games randomly put in the 360 section just because of the BC.[/QUOTE]

More like I meant, 360 games, BC games, Xbox games. I just checked, I have 18 out of 47 games are BC.

[quote name='Chacrana']
Weird thing: Nobody really knows I'm a nerd before they see teh room of doom. Then it becomes pretty clear. I guess I'm essentially a "closet nerd."[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same way... everything I own is in my closet, expect for a few 360 and PS2 games, so nobody really knows.

[quote name='DT778']what's that?[/QUOTE]

that's a Nintendo Vs. Sit-down arcade cabinet. Each side is a different game, completely independent of the other side....it is esentially 2 cabinets in one....it weights about 100lbs more than a stand up full size wood cabinet...

in mine i have VS. Super Mario Bros. on one side and VS. Golf on the other....the chips can be interchanged with different game roms though....

My game collection is in my sig. I'm currently at 665 games. I just got a PlayStation 3 , but no games for it yet (getting one soon, but I just play demos for now).

47% of my collection is PlayStation. :p

Nice collections everyone!

Just curious how all of you organize your AV/power cords. I have 4 systems hooked up to my TV right now. I'm having a hard time keeping the cord setup looking "clean".

The 360 ruins everything with those thick ass AV/power cords, compared to the rest of my consoles. Any solutions?

Also do you guys leave your consoles constantly plugged in? Any problems yet?

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice collections everyone!

Just curious how all of you organize your AV/power cords. I have 4 systems hooked up to my TV right now. I'm having a hard time keeping the cord setup looking "clean".

The 360 ruins everything with those thick ass AV/power cords, compared to the rest of my consoles. Any solutions?

Also do you guys leave your consoles constantly plugged in? Any problems yet?[/QUOTE]

nearly everything i have is hooked up and ready to go....kinda messy cords, ill work on it when i redo my setup

no problems with anything yet...knock on wood....

[quote name='tholly']that's a Nintendo Vs. Sit-down arcade cabinet. Each side is a different game, completely independent of the other side....it is esentially 2 cabinets in one....it weights about 100lbs more than a stand up full size wood cabinet...

in mine i have VS. Super Mario Bros. on one side and VS. Golf on the other....the chips can be interchanged with different game roms though....[/quote]is it any different from the regular super mario bros game?

Modest collection of PS2 games and a gutted Joust machine I use for my Dreamcast. The blue mike crate on the left side of the pic is 100+ DC games.

Moving into a new house, and this is my "10-Minute Guy Time Room." My personal haven. A panic room for the wifes decor questions or my 2-year old daughter's butterfly kisses and dinosaur chomps.

CIMG3383.jpg

CIMG3382.jpg

CIMG3380.jpg

CIMG3379.jpg

CIMG3378.jpg

CIMG3376.jpg

CIMG3375.jpg

CIMG3372.jpg

[quote name='DT778']is it any different from the regular super mario bros game?[/QUOTE]

yes it is, but not too different

for instance, hidden one-up mushrooms, like the one in the 1st level, arent there

some blocks are missing here and there

also, the level 6-7-8 warp will only let you go to 6

100 coins don't get you extra lives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back