Okami - $27 ($24.29 shipped for members) at GF

Is it really that difficult to find? I have seen new copies on shelves everywhere. Sometimes Ebay really amazes me. Anyhow, if you don't have a PS2 copy by now, I'd just wait for the confirmed release of the Wii version...after all, doesn't everyone have a Wii by now?

[quote name='AlphakirA']If you're actually seeing them everywhere you may want to pick one up. They're going for minimum $68 shipped on Amazon right now. Just last week it was around $50 shipped for a new one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000E991PC/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1196169933&sr=8-1

Not everyone wants to wait til 'Q2 2008' or later. And if everyone had a Wii they wouldn't be going for $150+ more than retail on ebay and Amazon ;)[/QUOTE]

I think that I will. Again, I was surprised by the price jump (on Ebay) on this game.

Okami is a good game, I picked it up at CompUSA for $20 on clearance.

Word of warning, though. It has no widescreen support and looks pretty terrible on a 50" HDTV. I'm playing it through the PS3 and there's some kind of weird blur filter that is built into the game that just makes you feel like you're going blind. I tried turning the PS3 upscaling and smoothing on/off and it doesn't help.

I think I might sell it and wait on the Wii version in hopes that it at least has 16:9 support.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Word of warning, though. It has no widescreen support and looks pretty terrible on a 50" HDTV. I'm playing it through the PS3 and there's some kind of weird blur filter that is built into the game that just makes you feel like you're going blind. I tried turning the PS3 upscaling and smoothing on/off and it doesn't help.

I think I might sell it and wait on the Wii version in hopes that it at least has 16:9 support.[/quote]
Ugh, I did not want to hear this. Just picked this up for $30 from circuit city but have yet to play it. I have a 42" plasma and I hope it looks ok =/. I will be playing it on a PS2 tho, maybe that will help with the wierdness.

As I recall there's some sort of setting in the game options menu that might help if you're playing it on a LCD TV. I can't remember what it does...changes the color saturation somehow, I think.

i traded mine here awhile ago, i had bought it from GF for $15 with tax after my $5 coupon

i think its funny how they bumped the price up (i think my Keep It price back then was 18.99 or something, now it's 24.99....okay...)

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Okami is a good game, I picked it up at CompUSA for $20 on clearance.

Word of warning, though. It has no widescreen support and looks pretty terrible on a 50" HDTV. I'm playing it through the PS3 and there's some kind of weird blur filter that is built into the game that just makes you feel like you're going blind. I tried turning the PS3 upscaling and smoothing on/off and it doesn't help.

I think I might sell it and wait on the Wii version in hopes that it at least has 16:9 support.[/quote]

The filter's supposed to give the game a visual texture akin to a Japanese ukiyoe painting. It's very unfortunate that a beautiful game like Okami doesn't support widescreen.

bread's done
Back