Okami for $5 @ Amazon.com?

8bit

CAGiversary!
I just purchased Okami with Infinite Undiscovery right now. I KNOW it was a Lightning Deal this morning but...

Items: $38.90
Shipping & Handling: $5.48
Super Saver Discount: -$5.48
Lightning Deal: -$15.04

Total Before Tax: $23.86
Estimated Tax: $2.01

Order Total: $25.87

What's up with Amazon.com lately? I also managed to get the 360 Elite deal earlier this morning for the $340 price tag.

I had a friend check as well, but he wasn't getting that $15 off. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okami got a price drop to $20 after the LD ended, so if you added it to your cart during the LD and ordered it after the drop, you get it for $5. You got lucky. :applause:

Ah, okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Sorry for getting anyones hopes up. :(

The same thing happened to me on the iPod charger--I added the lightning deal to my cart, but when I checked out later it had dropped another $8--so got it for $12 instead of $20.

Oh wow. I was going to buy it for 15 earlier but it wasn’t showing up for 15 in the cart. Now it is showing at $5 in my cart. Thanks for the information.

good thing I saw this posting.

I added it to my cart before work... got home from work and saw this and picked itu pf or 5 bucks.

huzzah

Damn, I ordered Okami like that and mine's still showing up as $15... wouldn't mind getting it for $5.

I sent them an email, maybe they'll let it slip but I doubt it considering how stingy they've been.

You! Yes you, Friend of Sonic! You already have a 360! A Halo 3 360! Stop buying them! :p

And goddamnit I'm tired of these Amazon fuckups!

First Shaun White for 20 and now this madness!

I'm coming after you Amazon

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']You! Yes you, Friend of Sonic! You already have a 360! A Halo 3 360! Stop buying them! :p

And goddamnit I'm tired of these Amazon fuckups!

First Shaun White for 20 and now this madness!

I'm coming after you Amazon[/QUOTE]

=p I'm going to find a family member or friend and sell it to them for 130 if they would like it. Keep the DDR for myself.

So I got a response back about my request for a PM and... this is unfucking believable but they won't PM it because my order already 'shipped'.

I received their response at 8:17 AM today. I know for a fact my order was still processing because I got up at 9 AM, and checked my order status after seeing the email and it didn't say it shipped, only that it will ship sometime today. I didn't even get a shipment notification until 10:47 AM.

I can understand them not wanting to PM after a package is delivered but I get the feeling that they're trying to weasel their way out of this.:whistle2:x

You're upset that you weren't able to take advantage of a glitch? Just leave it alone. This is why Amazon has tightened down their customer service (including not doing price adjustments anymore). Too many d**** try to take advantage of their superior service. Just let it go. You got a great game for $15 and someone else got it cheaper because their system screwed up.

[quote name='MorPhiend']You're upset that you weren't able to take advantage of a glitch? Just leave it alone. This is why Amazon has tightened down their customer service (including not doing price adjustments anymore). Too many d**** try to take advantage of their superior service. Just let it go. You got a great game for $15 and someone else got it cheaper because their system screwed up.[/QUOTE]

No, that's not why I'm pissed... I didn't say anything like that.

I'm pissed at their response. They said they wouldn't PM because my order already shipped when it didn't (as I said in my last post), which was an outright lie. Besides, they've PM'ed for me in the past (after they stopped the post-order price match) as long as my item wasn't delivered but now they don't even do that apparently.

BTW, I never bother calling Amazon's CS... I never understand WTF 'Dave' or 'Julie' are saying.:lol:

Last night I talked to an American for the first time. He didn't give a name though. It was nice being able to actually communicate with someone.

[quote name='Vinny']So I got a response back about my request for a PM and... this is unfucking believable but they won't PM it because my order already 'shipped'.

I received their response at 8:17 AM today. I know for a fact my order was still processing because I got up at 9 AM, and checked my order status after seeing the email and it didn't say it shipped, only that it will ship sometime today. I didn't even get a shipment notification until 10:47 AM.

I can understand them not wanting to PM after a package is delivered but I get the feeling that they're trying to weasel their way out of this.:whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Not really. Shipped= packed, addressed, and on the dock waiting for the mailman. Has it actually left yet? No- but it's also not really feasible to send some poor wherehouse workers out to tear up the outgoing box pallet, find yours, bring it back, open it, re-process it, then put it back. Not to mention it could slow down other orders if they can't get everything back together (with or without your box) before the mail pickup comes.

So why tell you shipped? Because it's too hard to explain that whole wherehouse process every time someone asks... not mention sooner or later you get an idiot/stuck up jerk who doesn't care if Amazon shipping from that wherehouse gets frozen for the day, they need to fix MY problem. So you say 'shipped', and save everyone some time. Hopefully, anyway, becuase I'm sure some people argue about it no matter what.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Not really. Shipped= packed, addressed, and on the dock waiting for the mailman. Has it actually left yet? No- but it's also not really feasible to send some poor wherehouse workers out to tear up the outgoing box pallet, find yours, bring it back, open it, re-process it, then put it back. Not to mention it could slow down other orders if they can't get everything back together (with or without your box) before the mail pickup comes.

So why tell you shipped? Because it's too hard to explain that whole wherehouse process every time someone asks... not mention sooner or later you get an idiot/stuck up jerk who doesn't care if Amazon shipping from that wherehouse gets frozen for the day, they need to fix MY problem. So you say 'shipped', and save everyone some time. Hopefully, anyway, becuase I'm sure some people argue about it no matter what.[/QUOTE]

That's probably true but this is the first time I've been denied a PM at an online store because it shipped (regardless of what it means). Other stores always PM for me as long as the item hasn't been delivered.

Oh well, not a big deal. I'm just going to be more careful with orders from Amazon from now on.

I ordered Okami and Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway together. The total came to around $40 netting me free shipping. After the -20 promotion my order shipped for $22, I also got both games on Monday which was 2 days later.

Thanks again for the heads up on this.

[quote name='Driver121113']I ordered Okami and Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway together. The total came to around $40 netting me free shipping. After the -20 promotion my order shipped for $22, I also got both games on Monday which was 2 days later.

Thanks again for the heads up on this.[/QUOTE]

What -20 promotion?

[quote name='1Sail0r']What -20 promotion?[/quote]

On black Friday Okami was going for $20 and then $15 when it was in the gold box deal.

I got -$20 promotional certificate, $5 from the free shipping and $15 gold box deal.

So I got Okami for $5 and got free shipping.

[quote name='Driver121113']On black Friday Okami was going for $20 and then $15 when it was in the gold box deal.

I got -$20 promotional certificate, $5 from the free shipping and $15 gold box deal.

So I got Okami for $5 and got free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ohh. So the certificate was not available to everyone? It was like a gift card you had?

[quote name='1Sail0r']Ohh. So the certificate was not available to everyone? It was like a gift card you had?[/quote]

Kind of... people that had put Okami in their cart during the lightning deal but didn’t buy it found that they could buy it later for $5 rather than the 15 or 20 that it was going for.

So after adding Brothers in Arms to my cart for $17 I was also eligible for free shipping.

I got $15 off Okami which was going for $20 on black Friday, now it is at 30. And $5 more off because of qualifying for free shipping…totaling $22 shipped for both games.

The games were delivered 2 days later.

I hope I explained myself better that time.

[quote name='Driver121113']Kind of... people that had put Okami in their cart during the lightning deal but didn’t buy it found that they could buy it later for $5 rather than the 15 or 20 that it was going for.

So after adding Brothers in Arms to my cart for $17 I was also eligible for free shipping.

I got $15 off Okami which was going for $20 on black Friday, now it is at 30. And $5 more off because of qualifying for free shipping…totaling $22 shipped for both games.

The games were delivered 2 days later.

I hope I explained myself better that time.[/QUOTE]

Yep got it :) Sweet deal, lol. Wish I got in on that, cuz' I'm planning on buying Okami Wii soon for $25 at GameStop :(

$5 would've been awesome lol.

bread's done
Back