Okami Official Complete Works artbook (5 left in stock) - $26.39

Picked one up this morning - Impulse buy. It will be my first art book, but given the posts in this thread it seems to be one to have.

%$@#. C'mon guys, I didn't need to spend the $27 for this. :p

But seriously, this looks really good. I'm disappointed that it wasn't in hard back (the whole coffee table thing), but it didn't stop me from ordering. The video in the first page of this thread sold me on it - the art and colors look fantastic.

Ordered one, + the Valkyria Chronicles one to since it comes out in a couple of weeks.

P.S. the book looks way better in person then in the video.

great artbook, bought one a couple years back. i do have one grip aboot my copy though, the binding is terrible. started coming apart after one look through. anyone else have the same problem?

[quote name='sigmano9']great artbook, bought one a couple years back. i do have one grip aboot my copy though, the binding is terrible. started coming apart after one look through. anyone else have the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Probably looked at it less than I should have by now, so take that into account, but no problems with the bindings or anything myself.

Just ordered one. I loved this game so much. At first when I saw the deal I passed on it but after reading this topic and seeing the youtube video of some of the pages I had to have this. Thanks for a great deal!

This is the only reason I have such confidence in the Valkyria book being worth. It's hands down the best design book for a game you could ask for that covers the pre-production process and all the great art that comes from it.

My book was scheduled to ship on the 22nd of February, but it looks like its being delivered tomorrow. Very excited after hearing so much about it. :)

[quote name='veronesepk']I got mine in today - did anybody else get a first print? Too, noticed amazon bumped the price up to $31.06.[/QUOTE]

How can you tell if you got a first print?

[quote name='ineedanadult']How can you tell if you got a first print?[/QUOTE]

It still has the 2008 designation on the reverse, and it notes it as a first print on the last page, with no later designation. I wonder if this first batch that went out (and then went on to the 2-4 week delay) were the remaining 1st prints in the warehouse.

I got mine yesterday and it also seems to be a first print according to the last page. It is incredibly detailed and well worth the money; even if the price went up I'd still get one. The quality makes me even more excited for the valkyria chronicles book coming out soon.

Mine says first print 2008 as well but this is supposed to be a reprinting. It's worth the money even if it was tenth print. Its not like it has a "greatest hits" label across the top of it :rofl:

[quote name='tossup']I got mine yesterday and it also seems to be a first print according to the last page. It is incredibly detailed and well worth the money; even if the price went up I'd still get one. The quality makes me even more excited for the valkyria chronicles book coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly - this book is easily worth a SRP of $50-60...it's still a steal at $31.

My copy arrived yesterday. WOW! It is truly a work of beauty from cover-to-cover -- including the covers! This really does put many other similar books to shame and is worth the full price. Like vernoespk said, it's a steal at $31 easily. Don't miss out on this, folks!

[quote name='veronesepk']It still has the 2008 designation on the reverse, and it notes it as a first print on the last page, with no later designation. I wonder if this first batch that went out (and then went on to the 2-4 week delay) were the remaining 1st prints in the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Yes mine says First printing feb 2008.

Got my copy today, first printing 2008... Don't like the packaging though, top left corners bent :whistle2:( No wrappers, nothing, just in cardboard, not very happy in that regard.

[quote name='Serpentor']Got my copy today, first printing 2008... Don't like the packaging though, top left corners bent :whistle2:( No wrappers, nothing, just in cardboard, not very happy in that regard.[/QUOTE]

email amazon and ask for a replacement

I don't think that "first printing: 2008" means it's a first print. I'm thinking it say the first print was in 2008, not the prints we have.

Unless somebody has one that says 2011 second print

Contacted Amazon, they're sending me a replacement... I have to send the damaged book back via prepaid label. I have a feeling that all of the books are "2008." We'll see...

I don't think that "first printing: 2008" means it's a first print. I'm thinking it say the first print was in 2008, not the prints we have.
Yeah, that's my thought. Everyone was saying the Phoenix Wright that came with Ghost Trick was a reprint but it had the 2005 date stamped on it. I'm thinking Capcom just doesn't update their printing dates when they reprint stuff... thinking back on some of the other reprints I've bought I don't think many companies do it either.

Got mine yesterday, cardboard sleeve packing, but in great shape. What a great book. My wife even looked through it and she cares less than none about most stuff I buy! ;)

[quote name='Trance Addix']Woohoo - mine has been delayed, again, due to "adverse" weather conditions. Mind you, the roads are in excellent condition. =/[/QUOTE]

Mine got delayed also, but there isn't even any weather conditions here some UPS driver must of screwed up. Thanks again UPS

I picked this up for my wife last year, a local comic shop had it & put it on sale (for around the same price, iirc). VERY nice book, fans of the game won't be disappointed. :)

[quote name='storino03']just means there are more stock. I would get this, but I dislike paperback guides/art books.[/QUOTE]

So skip on that beautiful 20k house because it doesn't have storm windows? I don't know..

[quote name='Astroranagun']i think im going to buy the japanese version as i cant stand the english word tainted the japanese art...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was feeling down about myself, this made me feel a -lot- better.

bread's done
Back