OkamiDen (Okami 2) - Out Now!

[quote name='SynGamer']I JUST got a call from "Ashely from GameStop" saying Okamiden will be in Friday afternoon...could have sworn the game was supposed to come out Tuesday...[/QUOTE]

Same here, just got a text saying it'll be in "Friday PM". An all-around delay, or just a Gamestop issue?

EDIT: You don't think they meant THIS friday (as in today) do you? They changed the listing on gs.com as if its now available (although out of stock).

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Same here, just got a text saying it'll be in "Friday PM". An all-around delay, or just a Gamestop issue?

EDIT: You don't think they meant THIS friday (as in today) do you? They changed the listing on gs.com as if its now available (although out of stock).[/QUOTE]

I'll be pissed if it's an all around delay. I leave for Europe on Tuesday and this is the only game I was planning on bringing.

dont know where to get this
dont want the Capcom hassle again like Ghost Trick
may just go with Amazon just cause
but i do like that plush

I went to Gamestop while running some errands. I believe the guy said that Capcom removed the street date so yes, as soon as they get them they will be for sale... which at least for this store, is either later today or possibly tomorrow.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I went to Gamestop while running some errands. I believe the guy said that Capcom removed the street date so yes, as soon as they get them they will be for sale... which at least for this store, is either later today or possibly tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I just called my Gamestop to see if my pick-up text was accurate and they said Capcom e-mailed GS to remove the street date restriction so I'm going to pick it up now.

Got my shipping comfirmation from capcom I'll be getting okamiden, ghost trick, capcom vs marval In same shipment I'm going to be busy! along with playing pokemon..

I've already played a lot of okamiden, but I'll still play this one I liked the game so far haven't beaten it.

Has a lot of okami feel to it and the bosses are neat.

My husband picked this up for me today. Wasn't planning on it but it came out early and I had a $25 Gamestop gc from e-rewards.

Haven't played much of it so I can't form much of an opinion other than it looks like total ass and they really shouldn't have put it on DS. Playing more now.

EDIT: Played a few more hours. Still forming an opinion as it still feels like tutorial mode. But there is one thing. The translation is terrible. So many bad grammatical errors. Here is a gamefaqs topic with examples. WTF Crapcom, we know you are better than this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971937-okamiden/58423339

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep when I got home from work today I saw my preorder from GS had been delivered. Kind of a surprise as I preordered over a month ago and forgot exactly when it was supposed to be delivered (I didn't even remember if I chose delivery or in-store pickup).

Ruahrc

The original Okami was, in short, phenomenal. I have a feeling this game will deliver that same great gameplay that the first game presented. Wii version sucked though, I stick to my PS2 version of Okami.

I had a hard tim enjoying Okami on the Wii. Just didn't feel as natural as I would have hoped. Need to pop Okamiden in soon so I can form some opinions :)

So, I'm stuck. I'm in Sei'an
just got Kagu and spoke to Raijin about the spirit floors or whatever they were called. I have to get into the theater, and the only thing I can think to do is walk Kagu across the invisible floor to unlock the back door. The trouble is that I can't position the camera in a way to get Kagu to interact with the door. Am I doing this right or am I completely wrong?

Wow, the translation work was that bad off? Well, I guess I'm part of an old-school bunch that I'm just glad it came Stateside altogether rather than Capcom being bitches and leaving it in Japan. Broken English is better than no English. Regardless, I haven't seen localization like that since SNK was floating around.

Just finished the game. The last level...

was a pain in the ass. When I saw that each platform had an enemy on it, I was just absolutely shocked. Plus having to re-fight all of the previous bosses in the game... Ugh. The final bosses were fun though. Took forever since I didn't upgrade my weapons.

I definitely enjoyed the game very much. I felt like it dragged from about halfway until about 3/4, but it picked back up near the end.

Update: After playing a few more hours this week, I sold the game. Just wasn't having fun. It played like a poor-man's rehash of Okami. Was a total disappointment.... though not really because I had a feeling the game would turn out like this from the beginning.

I forgot which reviewer mentioned it but yeah at first it's a rehash, but after x number of hours it opens up and becomes it's own thing.

I wouldn't know... I'm still waiting on Capcom to deliver mine. :(

I know it's been awhile but I finally got around to playing this and you should really give it a shot DoK. I'd say the retread is roughly 3 hours, then it does it's own thing. I had a rough time getting through those 3 hours, but now I can't put it down. The first 3 hours took a couple weeks, the next 4 hours took a couple days. :)

bread's done
Back