Okay... I'll pay.

[quote name='Blaine']Alright. Educate me further.

CAG's are willing to pay for...? What?

Netflix, Gamefly, Gametap, Live and Goozex? Maybe not all of them for everyone, but I bet you everyone pays for at least one.

To me, being a CAG is about getting value for your money.[/quote]

Agree w/ the value portion of your argument, but I do not pay for Netflix, Gamefly, Gametap, Live, Goozex, etc. NONE of that...

pay? no. i love Cheapy and Wombat but i pay enough for other stuff already. a podcast would be last on my list.

I love the CAGcast, but can't see me ever paying for it. Like others have already stated, other free podcasts dispense insider information and the like. Sure it's fair to say that people pay for other services, but that's not a valid response when it comes to "Hey, what's one more?"

I can see myself donating to CAG, and even participating in charity events, but no, not paying a subscription. I'm not sure if this is what Cheapy would want anyway, as a site owner myself, I feel as if actively visiting/digging a website, and spreading the word, is more than I could hope to ask for/expect from a community.

[quote name='Anthem']I love the CAGcast, but can't see me ever paying for it. Like others have already stated, other free podcasts dispense insider information and the like. Sure it's fair to say that people pay for other services, but that's not a valid response when it comes to "Hey, what's one more?"

I can see myself donating to CAG, and even participating in charity events, but no, not paying a subscription. I'm not sure if this is what Cheapy would want anyway, as a site owner myself, I feel as if actively visiting/digging a website, and spreading the word, is more than I could hope to ask for/expect from a community.[/quote]

And that's a fair point of view. I mean, I'm aware that in order for this to magically make this they're full time job would require a like 2,000 paid subscribers (assuming we wanna say $50k per is a good start considering they, like me, have a wonderful woman who makes more :)) which is an absurd proposition.

So what little spark could be started would only and can only work with what you've mentioned.

For starts it's a drop in a bucket but... It has to start someplace. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now? *CUE THE MUSIC!!!*

More podcast = shitty quality... how much do you think two guys have to talk about? As already stated here and many times Cheapy and Wombat already avoid talking to each other online. What's next?

The system is fine the way it is. Don't change it!

I would pay a small sum, but I think it might get boring doing podcasts more than once a week. I mean, imagine having to sit down for an hour every other day and talk about video games. It would just get old after a while. I think the CheapyD and Wombat might burn out on it after a while, and the show's quality would degrade; plus, I doubt they would have enough time.

I think its just fine the way it is. You can find plenty other video game podcasts (may I recommend GameZoneRadio) that are up to par with the CAGcast to fill in time in between.

bread's done
Back