Oklahoma

[quote name='Duffclown65']I can't believe this, people are already camping at the May and Crossroads mall Best Buy's

Absolute madness[/QUOTE]

i was at may this afternoon picking up yoshi's island ds...couldn't believe it

Please please PLEASE PLEASE leave one or two cheap PS2 turbo controllers and headphones sets at the Quail Springs TRU until Friday for me. I'm stuck on campus until I can get back to the City.

[quote name='soonerdoc']i was at may this afternoon picking up yoshi's island ds...couldn't believe it[/quote]

Same thing at the Quail Best Buy Tuesday. Crazy sumbitches.

Don't know if this is too late but I called the May store a couple hours ago and they said they'll definately be getting some in tomorrow, don't know how many, and they open at 10.

I don't think many know about this one so this would be a great opportunity tomorrow morning.

I'm wondering the same thing? How was the Oklahoma Best Buy's?

Last week I went to Wal-Mart for groceries on Sunday morning after the PS3 and Wii launch had happened. The guy said the PS3 launch people were chaotic while the Wii people were much more civil.

[quote name='b3b0p']I'm wondering the same thing? How was the Oklahoma Best Buy's?

Last week I went to Wal-Mart for groceries on Sunday morning after the PS3 and Wii launch had happened. The guy said the PS3 launch people were chaotic while the Wii people were much more civil.[/quote]
lol PS3=Evil :p

[quote name='Duffclown65']Any okies score one?[/quote]

Are we talking Wii?? I got one at launch from EB in Moore. Having a blast with Wii sports and Zelda. Red Steel is mediocre.

Hey guys, kind of random, but was at Hasting's in Norman the other day and noticed four or so copies of Taiko Drum Master. Can't remember the price, but I hear it is a rare game. Thought I'd throw that out to any locals.

Anyone else skipping next-gen this Christmas to play FFXII, Zelda on Gamecube, and Guitar Hero II?

Hey, guys, could you all keep watch on the BBs and their GGC stocks for me? All I know is that last time I hit up Quail Springs, they had nada for GGCs.

[quote name='bapti2529']Hey guys, kind of random, but was at Hasting's in Norman the other day and noticed four or so copies of Taiko Drum Master. Can't remember the price, but I hear it is a rare game. Thought I'd throw that out to any locals.

Anyone else skipping next-gen this Christmas to play FFXII, Zelda on Gamecube, and Guitar Hero II?[/QUOTE]

I'll get PS3 when Final Fantasy comes. I'll get a Wii eventually since Zelda is out. I'd have to have one now if Mario was out.

I've heard Taiko Drum Master blows. I don't pay attention to how rare games are since I'm in it to play. If it sucks or doesn't attract my attention I ignore it. Since I have all 3 Donkey Kong drum games, I'm satisified and don't need another.

So, how are the roads? I tried to get out the driveway. I ended up spending the next 2 hours trying to get back in to the garage.

I was at the Norman West Wal-Mart talking to an employee about the Wii. Here is the information he gave me:

Norman East: 40 wiis
Norman West: 40 wiis
Moore: 90 wiis

Wal-Mart currently has the Wiis, but they are stocking them until Friday, December 8 (However, I do not know when the Wiis will be put on the floor) The guy said that there will be 2 Wiimotes for every Wii, guaranteed.

The Norman West store still had like 5 Zeldas on the shelf.

I have never, not once, seen Wal-Mart mark down a game. At least the SuperCenter Wal-Mart here in Stillwater or any other SuperCenter Wal-Mart I've been too.

The OP in the link appears to have scored the deal at a little, non-SuperCenter, non-24-hour Wal-Mart. They almost always seem to have clearance items if you can still find one, a non-SuperCenter Wal-Mart that is.

Just got the collections edition of Zelda strategy guide ($9.99) at the May Best Buy. There should be one left and according to the website, there should be some on the southside

I didn't realize the collector's Zelda was $10 or I would have picked one up. I saw a stack of them. Hard cover, right?

I picked up 2 extra Oblivion guides from the Crossroads BB.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I don't mind meeting somewhere to save you the cost of shipping. PM me if interested.

--------------------
edit: Norman BB has Enchanted Arms, Tomb Raider, and Oblivion. However, Oblivion didn't have the sticker over the UPC, so I don't know if it will ring up free.

they had about 10 of these this morning at the best buy at crossroads for 9.99 each. used the gamepro 5 dollar off coupon from the thread in the deals section and got the hardcover guide for 5 bucks !!

This is probably being too careful (I woke up on my own is my only excuse) but I'm going to go up to Best Buy at 7 to take addvantage of their box set sale. I'll let you fellas know how it was

I left at 6:30 this morning to go to Circuit City on 240 to pick up Resident Evil 4 and Portrait of Ruin. I was able to comp the Best Buy coupon and get them both for $22 after tax. I got the last copy of Castlevania and the third to last copy of RE4. Score!

I also went by Best Buy but they were sold out of the hardcover Zelda strategy guides. All in all, still a pretty good haul.

So I grabbed all my box set stuff (store was barren as ever) and I see 4 Best Buy guys in a game aisle. Lo and behold in the middle of them all is a stack of PS3's.

My bad I forgot about posting it on here, but by the time after breakfast, it would of been too late.

Rip on me all you want as this may be dumb question, but I must ask, does anyone know where I could perhaps snag a Wii tomorrow in the (great?) state of Oklahoma?

Well, I went hunting for a Wii today with no luck. I think I stopped at about every single store in OKC that sells them. The guys at Best Buy said they had lots of PS3 60GB and wanted me to buy one and the EB/GS had notes on the doors that said they have lots of PS3 60GB.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']The BlockBuster in tusla at 101'st had a Wii[/quote]
Since when did Blockbuster start selling hardware? Do they sell games besides the previous rentals?

Update:I just called them, they do sell Hardware/Software. I have never heard of such. Anyway, they said they are expecting more Wednesday at about 11AM.

Best Buy in Norman OK had about 10 PS3's when I was there around 1PM. The staff seemed super suprised they were not moving. I saw lots of 60GB Systems.

[quote name='blucadet3']Best Buy in Norman OK had about 10 PS3's when I was there around 1PM. The staff seemed super suprised they were not moving. I saw lots of 60GB Systems.[/quote]
The Best Buy employees' (plural) response when I asked about Wii was they had plenty of PS3 60 GB and asked if I would like to buy one. This was at Memorial / Penn.

My mom has been trying to get a Wii for my brother. It is supposed to be his Christmas and Birthday present (12/31).

In Stillwater, on West 6th Street / Highway 51, a new Wal-Mart Supercenter just opened, this morning at 7:30 AM.

According to my mom who called about 30 minutes during their grand opening, they have many Wii systems available. She was the first person there and they have enough for everyone that is currently there. She said there were quite a few people there for a Wii.

Not that this information is important now, since they are probably already sold out, but just thought I would let everyone know.

Update: They only sold 3, but have many more. They are holding them for another date.

OK, getting desperate...

I'm having a heck of a time finding Advance Wars DS anywhere near Tulsa. Any of you guys in OKC find any clearanced at Target or KMart?

My brother checked out the Target at 50th and May less than 24 hours after it was reported there were copies of Advance Wars DS there...but there was none when he got there. I did have him pick up a few copies of Kirby Canvas Curse for $9.98, though...they were behind glass, marked full price, not in the clearance area where they belonged.

I'm also curious if anyone has seen a clearanced copy of Animal Crossing DS at a KMart in OKC...

So if anyone can trade me a sealed Advance Wars DS or Animal Crossing DS for cash, please let me know... I'd offer to find stuff for you in Tulsa, but it's pretty damn barren up here.

[quote name='eugaet']I'm also curious if anyone has seen a clearanced copy of Animal Crossing DS at a KMart in OKC...[/quote]

FYI...There are no Kmarts in the OKC area.

[quote name='Brainwave0']FYI...There are no Kmarts in the OKC area.[/quote]
Ah, so you guys have it worse than we do. I guess I could have checked the online store locator, but I was being lazy.

All of your local Wal-Marts should have gotten 20+ Wiis that were to go on sale yesterday. Every Wal-Mart around here had at least that many, the one I waited at for 3-4 hours had 24. I was 3rd in line. :D

The one I was at didn't sell them all immediately, though. There was only maybe 15 of us waiting for the clock to hit 12:01am, so there should have been a few that were left for those who decided to go to bed instead of staying up. You might call around and see if any of the Wal-Marts near you have any left.

[quote name='eugaet']OK, getting desperate...

I'm having a heck of a time finding Advance Wars DS anywhere near Tulsa. Any of you guys in OKC find any clearanced at Target or KMart?

My brother checked out the Target at 50th and May less than 24 hours after it was reported there were copies of Advance Wars DS there...but there was none when he got there. I did have him pick up a few copies of Kirby Canvas Curse for $9.98, though...they were behind glass, marked full price, not in the clearance area where they belonged.

I'm also curious if anyone has seen a clearanced copy of Animal Crossing DS at a KMart in OKC...

So if anyone can trade me a sealed Advance Wars DS or Animal Crossing DS for cash, please let me know... I'd offer to find stuff for you in Tulsa, but it's pretty damn barren up here.[/quote]

I live in Shawnee, OK and stopped by the K-Mart there, and Advanced Wars DS was one of the only clearanced games I saw. I picked up one of them, and they still had 2 more. I can pick one up for you this weekend if you want. Send me a PM.

[quote name='b3b0p']I have never, not once, seen Wal-Mart mark down a game. [/QUOTE]

They do on occassion but, as always with WalMart, it's extremely YMMV. There were a few markdowns on some inconsequential games at the I40 and MacArthur Super WalMart last night. But they were only marked down from $20 to $15. So even when they do it's not very much.

[quote name='meditative_zebra']They do on occassion but, as always with WalMart, it's extremely YMMV. There were a few markdowns on some inconsequential games at the I40 and MacArthur Super WalMart last night. But they were only marked down from $20 to $15. So even when they do it's not very much.[/quote]

Big time YMMV with Wal-Mart. The one in Alva, OK has almost all of their Game Cube games (at least most of the ones in the case) 25% off. Of course, the selection is pitiful. I think there's about 3 rows of Game Cube games in there.

The Wal-Mart on Perkin Rd. In Stillwater, last time I looked still had Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube at a full price, $49.99, with Gameboy cable I might add.

Wal-Mart is a terrible place to buy games. The only good thing is they'll pricematch a competitor's ad, so if you miss out on a sale, you can take the ad to Wal-Mart.

Most of the stuff on the 'clearance' racks around the WMs here would be interesting if they weren't still marked (and scan as) full price. I was there tonight...their idea of a 'sale' on a $49.99 MSRP game is...wait for it...$49.98. Seriously, it was listed as 'on sale' and red-tagged, next to the regular-priced games.

Actually, I guess they're correct if you take the literal definition.

Edit: Just thought of a good thing about WM, albeit on the shadier side of things. Items that are truly clearanced (which I now recall seeing, but not for a very, very long time) are clearanced at that store only, since all Wal-Mart stores have independent pricing. Something clearanced at one WM may not be clearanced at another...so if you buy from WM A and return to WM B...I'm just sayin'. I like maximizing a deal as much as the next guy, but it's kind of a limit-crosser for me. So, uh, I'm not responsible for whatever any of you other guys decide to do with this little bit of info, 'k?

bread's done
Back