Oklahoma

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Which one in OKC? The one off of I-240 is still really new (just opened about a year ago, I think). I would be surprised if that one closed.

I found out that the one in Norman opens this Thursday, the 13th.[/quote]

You're thinking of Circuit City, I was referring to CompUSA closings. ;)

[quote name='Brainwave0']You're thinking of Circuit City, I was referring to CompUSA closings. ;)[/quote]

Sorry about that. Since your post came after my question about Circuit City, I assumed you were talking about....Circuit City. Yeah, I know, when you assume...blah, blah, blah.:lol:

[quote name='Sockey']No power since Sunday night. This sucks.[/quote]

How are you posting here if you have no power?:)

I was lucky enough to not lose power over the weekend. I think OU has their own generators, because I know the university didn't lose power, and I live in an apartment owned by the school.

Sucks that you don't have power. Hopefully everything gets fixed soon.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Off topic but man my trees/house got messed up pretty good.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=1aytjvwc.3puafwlc&Uy=-k04kqy&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=641184474182_206396684208

Still no power at home. Going on day 5. (I'm posting from work).[/quote]

I feel bad for all you guys without power. I was soooo lucky that OU has enough money to have their own stuff. I never lost power, but I know what you mean about the trees. I think every single tree in Norman had some branches fall. Thankfully, I have seen workers out every day this week cleaning them up.

On a side note, I went to the new Circuit City last night in Norman. That place was a madhouse (which I figured it was going to be). Apparently there was somebody there signing autographs, but I didn't pay attention to who it was. It was funny walking in the door and having an employee telling me "Shopping on the left, autographs straight ahead."

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I feel bad for all you guys without power. I was soooo lucky that OU has enough money to have their own stuff. I never lost power, but I know what you mean about the trees. I think every single tree in Norman had some branches fall. Thankfully, I have seen workers out every day this week cleaning them up.

On a side note, I went to the new Circuit City last night in Norman. That place was a madhouse (which I figured it was going to be). Apparently there was somebody there signing autographs, but I didn't pay attention to who it was. It was funny walking in the door and having an employee telling me "Shopping on the left, autographs straight ahead."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all new places in this town get like that (restaurants, especially)... best to avoid them for about a month. The power thing kinda sucked, but I guess Norman was fairly lucky in that most got their power back and we didn't have to deal with 3 inches of snow or anything like that.. I'm assuming today's finals went off without a hitch..

[quote name='Ilovephysics']Yeah, all new places in this town get like that (restaurants, especially)... best to avoid them for about a month. The power thing kinda sucked, but I guess Norman was fairly lucky in that most got their power back and we didn't have to deal with 3 inches of snow or anything like that.. I'm assuming today's finals went off without a hitch..[/quote]

I had to pick up a Christmas present for my brother that will be from my dad (he doesn't live anywhere near a CC, BB, etc.), and I had a $25 off coupon to use. I knew it was going to be crazy, but I went anyway.

I didn't hear anything about finals not happening on Saturday, but then again, I finished mine on Wednesday, so I didn't really care.

FYI: Best Buy on 71st in Tulsa had Elite Beat Agents for the DS and Rock Star's Table Tennis for thr 360 in a bin for $10 each.

I got them both!

Oh we finally got power back Sunday night. Whew!

One bad part about all the new stores is that I really haven't seen any good Target deals in a while ever since the Super target opened and they closed that one on Main. I also haven't seen much at Hastings ever since the redesign of the location.

I've really been most interested in cheap PS2 stuff... I'm amazed this long after the release of PS3, XB360, etc., it is almost as if nothing has changed... That was the one great thing about owning a Saturn/Dreamcast/ etc., once the system went out of fashion, there was a period where you could buy almost every game at Walmart for $5... heh..

I was hoping for the same with GBA stuff, but to this point, most solid titles at the Walmart stores seem to be holding strong at $19.95

[quote name='Ilovephysics']One bad part about all the new stores is that I really haven't seen any good Target deals in a while ever since the Super target opened and they closed that one on Main. I also haven't seen much at Hastings ever since the redesign of the location.

I've really been most interested in cheap PS2 stuff... I'm amazed this long after the release of PS3, XB360, etc., it is almost as if nothing has changed... That was the one great thing about owning a Saturn/Dreamcast/ etc., once the system went out of fashion, there was a period where you could buy almost every game at Walmart for $5... heh..

I was hoping for the same with GBA stuff, but to this point, most solid titles at the Walmart stores seem to be holding strong at $19.95[/quote]

The problem with getting cheap PS2 stuff is that Sony is still supporting the PS2. There are still a decent amount of new games coming out for it, which means it's not dead yet. It may be a few years before we start seeing lots of PS2 stuff being clearanced.

[quote name='xpacdos']any Oklahoma Cag's going to the TNA wrestling show tonight in OKC?[/QUOTE]

Didn't even know it was in town.

So...no.

I should have checked this forum earlier. I figured Oklahoma was mostly devoid of gamers :p.

Best Buy's around here seem to have pretty badass bargain tables. I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Rogue Galaxy for 75% a few months back.

[quote name='Armenius']I should have checked this forum earlier. I figured Oklahoma was mostly devoid of gamers :p.

Best Buy's around here seem to have pretty badass bargain tables. I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Rogue Galaxy for 75% a few months back.[/quote]

I never have any luck at BB. I went looking for the rumored $10 Superman Returns for XBox 360, but couldn't even find the game.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Anyone have any luck finding the vision live bundles?[/QUOTE]

this past weekend there were at least 10-12 at the quail springs TRU in OKC

has anyone found the cheap Wii points cards or controllers on clearance at any of the area Walmarts??

^^Thanks Sooner! Maybe I just missed them when I was in Monday. I'll have to check again.

[quote name='soonerdoc']has anyone found the cheap Wii points cards or controllers on clearance at any of the area Walmarts??[/quote]

The Tri-City WalMart has tons of the Wii points cards/glove combos. However, they're full price at present.

Also, the TRU in Norman has multiple wireless headsets for $29.98 for anyone insterested.

I'm going by the TRU in Tulsa tonight, I'll let you know what I find out.

Also, the FYE in the Promenade in Tulsa had 50% all videogame software and accsessories and 10% all hardware. I picked up the 360 visin camera for $20 (not the gold bundle) and Halo 3 for 430 (gave it to my brother). Their game selection was crap but a few ok games.

UPDATE: I checked out the Tulsa TRU and nothing on the Vision bundles. In fact no good deals at all. My daughter was happy though we bought her some magnetic letters.

[quote name='Derwood43']I never have any luck at BB. I went looking for the rumored $10 Superman Returns for XBox 360, but couldn't even find the game.[/quote]Before christmas I gof Elite Beat Agents and Table Tennis for $10 at BB. They also had Superman Returns and a few other crappier games. this was in Tulsa off 71st.

I was at best buy off 71st in tulsa, checked out their bargain table.

1 copy - Yakuza PS2 for 4.98
NBA2007 - 9.99
DOAX2 - I think 9.99, but may have been 14.98.

I also came to the realization of just how much I hate that store >.<

Also, if you're looking for classic controllers you might check out the Vintage stock in broken arrow or off of 61st. They have the import ones from japan (still work with our Wiis), but they aren't significantly cheaper :/

Promenade FYE took down their remaining games. They will no longer carry games. Just for future ref :)

[quote name='dyeknom']I was at best buy off 71st in tulsa, checked out their bargain table.

1 copy - Yakuza PS2 for 4.98
NBA2007 - 9.99
DOAX2 - I think 9.99, but may have been 14.98.

I also came to the realization of just how much I hate that store >.<

Also, if you're looking for classic controllers you might check out the Vintage stock in broken arrow or off of 61st. They have the import ones from japan (still work with our Wiis), but they aren't significantly cheaper :/

Promenade FYE took down their remaining games. They will no longer carry games. Just for future ref :)[/quote]

I've been to a couple of those Vintage Stock stores (one in Tulsa, and one in MWC). I noticed that there's one opening in Norman and one in Moore, I think both this spring.

They are extremely overpriced for what they have, but you can occasionally find a good deal. Their movies are outrageous, as are the majority of their games. Their movies are like 11.99-13.99 for movies you can get from amazon and 2 for 20 sales at blockbuster.

However, they had a wii there both times I went there this week... with nobody "holding" it for somebody else. The gamestop in broken arrow has cheaper bluray movies (by about 4.00 pre-edge card) as well. I only go there if im looking for something definitely retro. They do, however, offer an okay amount for games/movies.

[quote name='dyeknom']They are extremely overpriced for what they have, but you can occasionally find a good deal. Their movies are outrageous, as are the majority of their games. Their movies are like 11.99-13.99 for movies you can get from amazon and 2 for 20 sales at blockbuster.

However, they had a wii there both times I went there this week... with nobody "holding" it for somebody else. The gamestop in broken arrow has cheaper bluray movies (by about 4.00 pre-edge card) as well. I only go there if im looking for something definitely retro. They do, however, offer an okay amount for games/movies.[/quote]

Yeah, they do seem to be overpriced on most stuff, but I have found a couple of decent deals, including complete copies of SNES Tetris Attack for $15 and NES Contra Force for $65 (which compared to eBay, this one wasn't too bad...and I sold my cartridge-only copy for $40 to help offset the cost). They are one of the few places where I can actually find older complete games.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I've been to a couple of those Vintage Stock stores (one in Tulsa, and one in MWC). I noticed that there's one opening in Norman and one in Moore, I think both this spring.[/quote]There are a few Vintage Stock stores that I know of in Tulsa. One off 41st near HWY 44 another in Broken Arrow I believe off of 91st. You can find some good deals hear but I find that their selection is poor and normally the discs aren't in great shape.

Vintage Stock in Moore opens soon. I live in Norman, but I'll be sure to show up that day to try and grab anything worthwhile >.>

Probably nothing I couldn't find on eBay for the same price and/or cheaper, but pure luck is what gave me Suikoden II from Hastings for $9.

[quote name='Armenius']Vintage Stock in Moore opens soon. I live in Norman, but I'll be sure to show up that day to try and grab anything worthwhile >.>

Probably nothing I couldn't find on eBay for the same price and/or cheaper, but pure luck is what gave me Suikoden II from Hastings for $9.[/quote]

February 29th for the Moore location. I also live in Norman, but I plan on stopping by there. I'll fight you for the good stuff:lol:!

Sounds good to me :p

Made a few stops in Norman today to check out bargain bins.

Hastings:
~What the hell...when did this store become so awesome. Tons of great deals on PS2 games as well as sealed copies of stuff I'd never expect to see sealed. In particular: FFX-2, DQVII, Suikoden V, Shinobi, Grandia III, etc. etc.

Target:
Xenosaga II - 9.99
Blue Dragon - 29.98

Not sure what sort of gamers the other two people who read this topic are, but perhaps this will help someone.

If anyone is still looking for a copy of either Defcon or Psychonauts, the Big Lots in Broken Arrow near 91st/Elm had 2 copies of each.

[quote name='Armenius']Not sure what sort of gamers the other two people who read this topic are, but perhaps this will help someone.[/quote]I'm usually looking for anything Nintendo or PC.

[quote name='Armenius']Sounds good to me :p

Made a few stops in Norman today to check out bargain bins.

Hastings:
~What the hell...when did this store become so awesome. Tons of great deals on PS2 games as well as sealed copies of stuff I'd never expect to see sealed. In particular: FFX-2, DQVII, Suikoden V, Shinobi, Grandia III, etc. etc.

Target:
Xenosaga II - 9.99
Blue Dragon - 29.98

Not sure what sort of gamers the other two people who read this topic are, but perhaps this will help someone.[/quote]

I'm not too big on RPGs. It's been a while since I've been to that Hastings...maybe I need to check it out again soon, though.

They had plenty other than that, and lots of clearanced titles as well. I suppose those are just the titles I look for when CAGing.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I'm not too big on RPGs.[/quote]

Same here. There's something about watching the action take place and not doing anything that annoys me. I need to try Mass Effect, though. The action/RPG elements sound cool.

Target
SW 44 & Western:
360 Spiderman Friend or Foe $24.98
360 Avatar $24.98

They were both still at 50%. Maybe 75% in the next couple of weeks for someone interested.

I know this is random, but the FYE in woodland hills mall (71st?) has random stuff on sale like Nightmare before christmas nesting dolls (wooden) for 1.48. Some necklaces/earings (pewter) for 1.78. Random toys on sale too.

[quote name='dyeknom']I know this is random, but the FYE in woodland hills mall (71st?) has random stuff on sale like Nightmare before christmas nesting dolls (wooden) for 1.48. Some necklaces/earings (pewter) for 1.78. Random toys on sale too.[/quote]

That does seem to be some really random stuff. If I remember correctly (haven't been there in a while), you are right that Woodland Hills Mall is on 71st.

Made the CAGing rounds today.

Vintage Stock in Moore:
Decent enough selection, but suffers the same problems as every other VS around. The prices are taken from eBay and marked up a few dollars 95% of the time. Good findings:
~Banjo Tooie - Actually picked this up for $14. It's more or less on par with eBay.
~Suikoden I - $45, can find it for less on eBay for sure.
~FFVII, VIII, Chrono Cross, Megaman 8, Megaman X6 sealed
~Assorted NES, SNES, N64 stuffs you can find around most Vintage Stock/Game Exchanges

Target in Norman:
NGS still $41, Jericho (PS3) $35, Stranglehold (360) $30, Crackdown (360) $30

Circuit City in Norman:
Still waiting on this location to even display a clearance rack. Looked for DMC 3 Pack (Supposedly $9) with no luck. Store doesn't seem to do much business, so I'm hoping...

Best Buy in Norman:
Stranglehold (360) $20, Darkness (PS3) $30 [50% off Front Table]

Not a bad day I guess, but only bought Banjo Tooie. Oh well, maybe there's something here for a few of you.

OK. The Circuit City March clearances. Keep in mind that this is all from memory, so may not be 100% accurate.

As of 7pm tonight, the Tulsa 41st CC had:

Alien Syndrome: 3
Bee Movie: 2
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: 1 (that I recall)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance: 4
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: 1
No Trauma Center, Super Swing, or Excite Truck.

As of 9pm tonight, the Tulsa 71st CC had:

Alien Syndrome: 3
Bee Movie: 2
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: 1
Super Swing Golf: 1
...and nothing else on the Wii list. There is 1 Excite Truck listed in their inventory, but I searched for 40 minutes and couldn't find the durn thing.

EDIT: If any of you OKC guys can get an extra copy of Excite Truck and would like to trade for one of the games listed above, just let me know.

I didn't see the March Clearance until I was already home from CAGing today, otherwise I'd have definitely looked for Trauma Center.

Next time I'm over that way I'll look for Excite Bike, but honestly I doubt I'll find anything in said CC.

EDIT: If you can find Folklore at Target for $14.99, I will happily search CC for Excitetruck.

[quote name='Armenius']Made the CAGing rounds today.

Vintage Stock in Moore:
Decent enough selection, but suffers the same problems as every other VS around. The prices are taken from eBay and marked up a few dollars 95% of the time. Good findings:
~Banjo Tooie - Actually picked this up for $14. It's more or less on par with eBay.
~Suikoden I - $45, can find it for less on eBay for sure.
~FFVII, VIII, Chrono Cross, Megaman 8, Megaman X6 sealed
~Assorted NES, SNES, N64 stuffs you can find around most Vintage Stock/Game Exchanges

Target in Norman:
NGS still $41, Jericho (PS3) $35, Stranglehold (360) $30, Crackdown (360) $30

Circuit City in Norman:
Still waiting on this location to even display a clearance rack. Looked for DMC 3 Pack (Supposedly $9) with no luck. Store doesn't seem to do much business, so I'm hoping...

Best Buy in Norman:
Stranglehold (360) $20, Darkness (PS3) $30 [50% off Front Table]

Not a bad day I guess, but only bought Banjo Tooie. Oh well, maybe there's something here for a few of you.[/quote]

I ventured out to VS and was pretty disapointed at the lack of complete older games (NES, SNES, GEN, N64).

The CC in Norman probably won't ever have any of the old clearance stuff (like the DMC pack) because it just opened back in December. I've never seen any older clearance items there since it opened. I am going to go look for Excite Truck, though.

[quote name='Armenius']Next time I'm over that way I'll look for Excite Bike, but honestly I doubt I'll find anything in said CC.

EDIT: If you can find Folklore at Target for $14.99, I will happily search CC for Excitetruck.[/quote]I'll look for Folklore.

dyeknom, I think you've been to the Yale Target more recently than I have. Did they have Folklore for $14.99? EDIT: Saw your post on 2/28 on the Target clearance thread listing Folklore at $29.99 for that Target. I'll check the 71st Target, but they haven't clearanced in ages. Also going to call the Owasso Target once I dig up the DPCI.

Any other offers of help looking for Excite Truck are very much welcome. :)

The 71st one clearances, but they only put like a few things on that end cap. It's one-two aisle to the right of the cards. I think the most number of games I've seen them there were Stuntman: Ignition and Tony Hawk for 360. Outside of that, they usually just put like 1 game there arbitrarily marked clearance. It's a weird store, but nicer >.<

How much is Excite Truck/Trauma Center at CC? 14.99?

CC clearances in multiples of $8 or so, with a $.96 added.

Excitetruck and Trauma Center are both $16.96.

@scott I have seen the DMC pack there before. They had a whole few rows of PS2 packs until just recently. Now it seems the only ones I can find in abundance are the RE, Crash, and GTA packs. :(

If you haven't checked out the CC in Norman today, I'll run by there on the way to my girlfriend's sister's house in Edmond. Also might take a look around the Targets/CCs in OKC and Edmond.

[quote name='eugaet']Also going to call the Owasso Target once I dig up the DPCI.

Any other offers of help looking for Excite Truck are very much welcome. :)[/quote]

DPCI is 207-24-0071

Has anybody in Tulsa gotten the 360 HD-DVD drive ($50 - $30 Rebate = $20) at either the Fye at Woodland Hills Mall or the one at Promenade Mall? I'm going to go try my luck today.

Edit: Well I called both. Woodland Hills is out and Promenade doesn't carry games. Oh well...

[quote name='Sockey']Has anybody in Tulsa gotten the 360 HD-DVD drive ($50 - $30 Rebate = $20) at either the Fye at Woodland Hills Mall or the one at Promenade Mall? I'm going to go try my luck today.[/quote]

Yeah, Promenade quit selling games entirely and is the only FYE to buy movies. Woodland hills had none last week, nor did they have 19.99 bioshock for the 360.

[quote name='Armenius']DPCI is 207-24-0071[/quote]I called the 3 Targets around here. All listed it at $29.98 and the Target in Owasso is the only one that said they had any in stock.

Anything else you'd be interested in for a copy of Excite Truck?

Noticed today that the Wal-Mart on SH 51/6th Street in Stillwater has a clearance bin of games between the underwear and toys section (I was buying shipping supplies, I swear). Did not stop to look as there was a mean looking dood taking up all the space around the bin, but there was bunch of Xbox games for sure.

Also, if you guys are looking for any hard to find games/guides, I'm trying to clear out a lot of my excess inventory. Basically if it's not Mario, Zelda, or Final Fantasy I'm trying to get rid of it. Check my list. If you are in Stillwater, I can just meet you or you can come pick it up.

[quote name='Armenius']CC clearances in multiples of $8 or so, with a $.96 added.

Excitetruck and Trauma Center are both $16.96.

@scott I have seen the DMC pack there before. They had a whole few rows of PS2 packs until just recently. Now it seems the only ones I can find in abundance are the RE, Crash, and GTA packs. :(

If you haven't checked out the CC in Norman today, I'll run by there on the way to my girlfriend's sister's house in Edmond. Also might take a look around the Targets/CCs in OKC and Edmond.[/quote]

I'll probably stop at CC in Norman when I get back into town. I hope there's still a copy of Excite Truck.

I bought the DMC pack when it was first released, so I don't exactly keep a close watch on it. I just didn't ever recall seeing it at the CC in Norman.

Checked Quail Spring CC tonight with no Excitetruck(s) found (did have Trauma Center however). QS Target had no Folklore or Ninja Gaiden either. Sorry :cry:

@b3b0p
I've been looking for a good copy of DDS 1 for a very long time. Stillwater is a bit out of the way though, maybe I can figure something else out?

bread's done
Back