OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Just got back from CC in SE TN.

2nd Haul in as many days, got:

Voodoo Vince
Gladius
DOA Volleyball
Chaos Legion
Jet grind radio (gba)
Skies of Arcadia GC

My CCstill had quite a few games available, but the employees were beginning to really loot some of the good stuff.
Sword of Mana came up 29.99 not 4.99 are reported earlier.

Anyone if you have DOA 3, Ikaruga, Viewitful Joe or Beach Spikers... PM or e-mail me and we will work something out.

[email protected] for trading inquiries.
Thanks

Just came back from the Circuit City in Jacksonville, FL and they still had a bunch on Xbox games left on the list. I just picked up DOA Extreme Volleyball and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Couldn't find Morrowind (GOTY) or Voodoo Vince though but I'll try others tomorrow maybe.

The salesman there said that a couple of people bought like 20 or 30 game this morning, but nobody else has really ravaged the place yet.

[quote name='notoriousxbox'][quote name='maccabee72']I just got back from the poughkeepsie, NY circuit city and picked up 9 xbox games for $4.99

MGS2: Substance
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Indiana Jones
Buffy
State of emergency
NFL Blitz pro
Burnout 2
Pro Race Driver
Dino Crisis 3

I had two guys in front of me who were also picking up about 10 games each...they were also cheapassgamer.com members. One lady behind the counter started flipping out about the $4.99 prices. She thought we were ripping them off. She called the manager, checked the flyer, etc. She almost wasn't going to sell them to me, but I explained to her that it was a clearance sale and Best buy had a similar one a few weeks ago. Even the manager didn't know about the sale. Anyway, If you are in the Poughkeepsie area, you better get there fast, as the games are going fast.

Good luck!![/quote]

I was one of the other guys there and I still cant believe I didnt see that copy of SWON that you got. :D

Hit the Middletown Ny location last night and Poughkeepsie this morning and got :

PS2

Street fighter 3 Ex
Frequency
Chaos Legion
RE Dead Aim
Wheel of Fortune
Disgaea
Spy Hunter 2
Parappa The Rapper

GC

ZooCube
Ikaruga
RE Code Veronica

Xbox

Vodoo Vince
Panzer Dragoon Orta
MK Deadly Alliance $0.01

Yeah the managers started pullin random games off the shelves pricing them. It was kinda funny. Then started asking if theyre were limits on the numbers of games you can get cause I explained that I purchased some last night in the other location. The fact that now your hearing that some CC are putting restrictions, etc. This might not be goin too much longer.[/quote]

Hey man, Thanks for helping me out there! After you left with your games, the lady at the register gave me a real hard time, and I didn't think I was going to get the games. Luckily, I got out with them. There were about 5 copies of SWON....They're porbably gone now though......anyway, it's always nice to have fellow CAGs around to help you out...thanks again!

Confirm
Gamecube
disney's party
f1 2002
jimmy neutron jet fusion
pn03
rocket power beach bandits
rugrats royal random
zoocube

ps2
mystic heroes
roadkill
robotech battlecry
stretch panic
vexx

gba
bomberman max 2
chuchu rocket
megaman & bass
super duper sumos

xbox
bloodrayne
buffy the vampire slayer
crimson sea
gunvalkyrie
metal gear solid 2 substance
mojo
run like hell
spy hunter 2
star wars the clone wars
syberia

The following were not $5
GC Rogue Ops $15
GBA Megamna Battle 3
PS2 monster rancher 3 $20

The CC in my town began to price check everything and manually mark things back up to full value. Refused to sell me Disgaea for $5. Maybe get it for 50 now and do the 110% price match next week. oh well. :x

I went to the CC in Roanoke, VA .

I was lucky I went early because the employees were grabbing games for themselves big time. Some guy got 20 by himself. I thought I over heard them asking if they should sell them at the price so I discreetly took my games and paid in a different section. I drove an hour to get there and I wasn't going to be denied.

I got...

Dragon Warrior VII - PS1
Ape Escape 2 - PS2 (I believe I got the last copy of this)
Bloody Roar 4 - PS2
Chaos Legion - PS2
ESPN NHL Hockey - Xbox
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - Gamecube

I would have bought more but I really need to watch my finances.

They DID NOT have any of these so if you are heading there for these don't bother...

Rez
Tactics Ogre
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
P.N. 03 (I was looking hard for this one)
Viewtiful Joe
Disgaea

Like I said, the employees were getting alot for themselves so I don't know what else may be left. I left 3 hours ago.
I was amazed at how clueless they were as to the discounts. They sounded totally shocked at first.

Sounds like your CC is a bunch of A**holes. emplyoees at my CC were actually helping me find the games I was looking for. They looked on the shelves and also pulled inventory levels on the computers for me to look at so I didnt spend all day there. Guess its just luck of the draw.

[quote name='FREAKMIKE3']The CC in my town began to price check everything and manually mark things back up to full value. Refused to sell me Disgaea for $5. Maybe get it for 50 now and do the 110% price match next week. oh well. :x[/quote]

It sucks that some store managers are being dicks about it. The guy who rang me up was cool. I gave him my list afterwards and he said he was going to buy a bunch of them himself. It's always nice to be able to spread the joy. :D

Yeah, if you see others there, share your lists. spread the Cheapness to all on this 4th of July holiday. Dont be a scrooge, let all be a cheap ass!

I have given lists to other people looking both times Ive been and they went to town afterwards. Feels good to help out every now and then

Quantum Redshift, Street Hoopz, NHL Hitz Pro, State of Emergency, Dynasty Warriors 3, Kung Fu Chaos are all what I picked up for $4.99 a piece.

[quote name='evilmregg'][quote name='FREAKMIKE3']The CC in my town began to price check everything and manually mark things back up to full value. Refused to sell me Disgaea for $5. Maybe get it for 50 now and do the 110% price match next week. oh well. :x[/quote]

It sucks that some store managers are being dicks about it. The guy who rang me up was cool. I gave him my list afterwards and he said he was going to buy a bunch of them himself. It's always nice to be able to spread the joy. :D[/quote]
HAH! Same story here! I gave the guy my list too. He even carried around 8 games while I looked for the last two I wanted. Nicest CC employee I've ever met.

Punq, some guy at the one by Galleria was impressed since I printed the list and asked where I got it, so I plugged CAG of course. They didn't have too big a selection though. I also tried the one by Mckinley mall. I was hoping for Mario Party 4 and Super Monkey Ball Jr, but alas..

My pick-ups:
GC:
Resident Evil: code Veronica
Jimmy Neutron (for my sister of course :D )
PN 03
Dragon's Lair 3d

GBA:
Lunar Legend
F-Zero

My Friend Eric picked up
GC:
Viewtiful Joe
Def Jam Vendetta
PN 03

PS2:
Alien vs. Predator
Deus Ex

I live in Tallahassee and made two trips today. One at 11am and the other at 2pm. I saw some other people there, possibly CoffeeEdge and Sartori??? On my second trip the news had spread fast. Ever CC employee knew about it. A lot were looking on the shelves and looking at the list online. They kept asking me what I had seen and what I already had. They also kept saying that as of Noon the Panama City CC had every game on the list in stock. He said "if you feel like taking a drive go to Panama City CC. They get less business than us and we don't do much at all. They still have all of these games." I was tempted but I am only 17 so it was out of the question. They also said a guy had been there last night and spent 300 bucks. Geez. I don't have a PS2 so all I got were Gamecube and Xbox. Anyways, I ended up with 21 different games. Here's the summary:

**TRIP NO. 1**

Gamecube

Sega Soccer Slam
Mario Party 4
Medal of Honor: Frontline
F1
Def Jam Vendetta
Mega Man Network Transmission
The Sims

Xbox

State of Emergency
NFL Blitz: Pro
ESPN NHL Hockey
SWAT
Dead to Rights (non-PH)

**TRIP NO. 2**

Gamecube

NASCAR Dirt to Daytona
Beach Spikers
Splinter Cell
Pikmin (non-PC)
Simpson's Road Rage

Xbox

Kung Fu Chaos
Red Faction 2
MGS2
NHL Hitz: Pro

DVD (6.99 each)

Airplane!
Jaws

There it is. 21 games at 5 bucks a piece. Here is another list. These are games I saw but didn't get.

Gamecube

2002 Fifa World Cup
4x4 EVO 2
Aggressive Inline
All Star Baseball 2003
Dead to Rights
Freekstyle
Home Run King
Jeremy McGrath Supercross World
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Lost Kingdoms
MLB Slugfest 2003
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
NBA Courtside
NHL Hitz 20-02
UFC Throwdown
Universal Studios
Vexx
X-Men Next Dimension

Xbox

Aggressive Inline
Aliens vs. Predator
Futurama
Grabbed by Goulies
Haunted Mansion
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3
Roadkill
Spy Hunter 2
SX Superstar

Now. Another list. These are some that I scanned and were not 4.99

Gamecube

Freedom Fighters
Enter the Matrix

Xbox

ESPN College Hoops
Freedom Fighters
Morrowind GOTY
BG&E

I thought some of those would work but unfortunately they didn't. I didn't see any Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, or any other rare sale titles but I did get a pretty good bunch. This should keep me busy for the rest of the summer. If you see a game on the list of ones I saw and didn't get that you think I should have gotten or that you want please let me know. Anybody else from Tallahassee feel free to PM me or AIM me at yeldarb367. We should keep in touch about deals in town. Peace out.

This sale is surprisingly widely known, primariy because of Fatwallet.com...when I went to my local CC there were 3 other groups of people grabbing baskets full of games, two of them with printed lists. It was crazy.

Anyway, confirmed and picked up $4.99 each:

Chaos Legion PS2
Megaman X7 PS2
Resident Evil Dead Aim PS2
Voodoo Vice Xbox
Bloody Roar 4 PS2
Okage PS2
Kelly Slaters' Surfer GC

Disgaea was in the db at $4.99 but none in stock.

It also seemed a lot of Xbox owners got in on the deal, most of the deals for Xbox were cleaned out, including MVC2 which I remember last time I visited had 3 copies for Xbox...missed that one. Last copy of Voodoo Vince as well.

[quote name='ukhoops']Sounds like your CC is a bunch of A**holes. emplyoees at my CC were actually helping me find the games I was looking for. They looked on the shelves and also pulled inventory levels on the computers for me to look at so I didnt spend all day there. Guess its just luck of the draw.[/quote]

I managed to get in on some deals as well, but after one dude started to blab about the sale to one employee, all other employees that were anywhere near the games started to find games for themselves (not even bothering to help anyone that needed help), and after that all hell broke loose, with everyone having the CC list in their hands and digging through PS2 and Xbox games. This happened after I had purchased the only 2 games I got my hands on: ESPN Hockey 2K4 (Xbox) and Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

here's my contribution to the list:

tsugunai: atonement

picked that and 41 other games up for $4.99 each. bastards wouldn't let me get multiple copies of anything, though [-X

doyle, i got to that cc at 11:20 and it was cleaned out of anything worth while. all i found was a lonley dark cloud 2 ^^

once i get money from my paypal into my bank im hoping to pick up more of the common games like dino stalkers and clock tower and stuff, im guessing there will still be some around somewhere ^^

After seeing Dead of Knight and deadzone got to the North Attleboro, MA store last night, I tried my hand at the Seekonk, MA store this morning. Got there around 10:40, still not open, so we sat around and then went to the store at around 5 of and saw a few people waiting around outside. They opened the door, and half a dozen people waiting outside all marched in a single-file line to the games section :D Helped out a really nice guy looking for the games, didn't think he had a list, so I'd just say 'here's one!' and he'd grab one along with me. Pretty fun. I got the last copies of Disgaea and RAD. I made a beeline for those, since they were my most wanted. All in all, I got:
GBA-
Max Payne (still a few left)
Stuntman
Jet Grind Radio

PS2-
Disgaea
Robot Alchemic Drive
Resident Evil Dead Aim (few of these left)
Chaos Legion
Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner
Wipeout Fusion (lot of these)
Parappa the Rapper 2
Futurama (few of these left)
Mega Man X7
Wakeboarding Unleashed

Gamecube-
Mega Man Network Transmission
Summoner 2 - A Goddess Reborn

Xbox-
Crimson Sea (lot of these left)
Run Like Hell
Dragon's Lair 3D
Evil Dead - Fistful of Boomstick
State of Emergency

Great haul, I'll be busy for at least a year now :D

Edit: They didn't have any REZ either, so don't bother looking.

Just got back from CC at Tampa Bay, FL and snagged:

XBox:
DOAXBV
Gun Metal
Road Kill
MGS 2: Substance

PS2:
Disgaea
Bloody Roar 4
SF EX 3
Chaos Legion

[quote name='HRCTurboRS']Just got back from CC at Tampa Bay, FL and snagged:

XBox:
DOAXBV
Gun Metal
Road Kill
MGS 2: Substance

PS2:
Disgaea
Bloody Roar 4
SF EX 3
Chaos Legion[/quote]

Which one in Tampa did you hit? I couldn't find a single Disgaea at either the Citrus Park or the one on Dale Marby.

I swear it seems everyone else has the games I really wanted and I only have 1 CC within 2 hours of me.
Damn you Disgaea and Viewitful Joe, you haunt me!!

[quote name='Larsin']quick question... are the games priced at $4.99, or do they ring up that way.[/quote]ring up

and, look on the shevles

and yes they were open today

Alright boys and girls...I can't stay long (at BBQ right now), so I will update later tonight/tomorrow. I was able to get a few things I was looking for except Vidoo Vince. Damn you elusive burlap bag from hell...why must you torment me?!?!

A few things:

To the CAGer from Orland Park this morning (daygamer4728...something like that) PM me - I found something you were looking for.

To Zingela...PM me some time in the next few days. I found some things you were looking for. I'll be happy to send them to you....Free of charge!

That's all for now. I'll update later and add games that I picked up for trade.

Happy 4th everyone!

NONE are actually priced at $4.99. Most will still be on the shelves in alphabetical order. They ring up 4.99 when you check out. If you have any questions, just ask an emplyoee to check the price for you.

Raven PM sent to you.

just got back from the CC's in Brea, CA and Santa Ana, CA and heres what I got...

GBA
Shining Soul
DOOM 2 ( I was surprised this was 5.00, at first I just saw it and realize it was pretty rare and decided to buy it anyway for $29.99 because you cant find it anywhere...it ended up ringing for 4.99)

PS2
Bouncer
ESPN NHL Hockey
Dark Cloud 2

XB
Haunted Mansion
Aliens vs. Predator Extinction

GC
Megaman Network
The Sims
Viewtiful Joe

didnt find the ones I wanted tho...disgaea, mario party 4, MGS substance (ps2) or DOA volleyball. Still a great day tho, thanks OP.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I live in Tallahassee and made two trips today. One at 11am and the other at 2pm. I saw some other people there, possibly CoffeeEdge and Sartori??? On my second trip the news had spread fast. Ever CC employee knew about it. A lot were looking on the shelves and looking at the list online. They kept asking me what I had seen and what I already had. They also kept saying that as of Noon the Panama City CC had every game on the list in stock. He said "if you feel like taking a drive go to Panama City CC. They get less business than us and we don't do much at all. They still have all of these games." I was tempted but I am only 17 so it was out of the question. They also said a guy had been there last night and spent 300 bucks. Geez. I don't have a PS2 so all I got were Gamecube and Xbox. Anyways, I ended up with 21 different games. Here's the summary:
Anybody else from Tallahassee feel free to PM me or AIM me at yeldarb367. We should keep in touch about deals in town. Peace out.[/quote]

I hit CC on Saturday - The Continental was there Sunday morning, though. Feel free to PM if you want to do a meetup with us sometime.

Saw a fellow cheapassgamer at CC! Anyways, CC in Toledo, OH on Airport HWY was indeed pulling games. I got the following before they were pulled:

PS2
Mega Man X7
Spy Hunter 2
DMC 2
RE Dead Aim
Silent Scope
Marvel V Capcom 2
Ty Tas Tiger
Street Figher EX3
Chaos Legion

XBOX
Burnout 2
Haunted Mansion
Crimson Sea
Grabbed By Goulies
Kung Fu Chaos
Moto GP

GBA
Jet Grind Radio
Breath of Fire 3
Super Duper Sumos (lol)
Power Rangers Time Force

Awesome!

Got there as CC opened got:

*PS2*
State of Emergency, the ps2 version is $5 in addition to the x-box version.
Maximo-NonGH
Frequency
DevilMayCry2
Chaos Legion

*GBA*
Botaki
My brother got ChuChuRocket

This was in Tulsa, OK I saw several other people looking.

Update from one San Antonio, TX CC.

Scored: Xbox Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Sea
Spyhunter 2
Red Faction 2
Toe Jam and Earl 3
Vexx
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Pro Race Driver
Speed Kings
Beyond Good and Evil

GC Mystic Heroes
Mega Man Network Transmissions
Jimmy Neutron
Skies of Arcadia :shock:
Pac Man Fever
Top Gun
4x4 Evo 2

I had one other CAG'er that was there the moment it opened and he got about twice the amount of games that I did......but he was cool and helped me out with his list of games that he had. I never thought I would have been able to get this many games at this ridiculous price. If anyone was able to score an extra Mario Party 4 and Kung Fu Chaos and wants to trade something off my list of games for it...please let me know. Thx.

Can anyone confirm this in Georgia? I'm in Columbus and my CC said they had no clue about it! Is this a scan and find or advertised sale?

Oh yeah and by the way...for the person that gave us CAG'ers the inside scoop on this deal.....Thx a gazillion....You ROCK!

Any CAGs tried the CCs of Kansas City yet?

After me and three other CAGs (hey!) cleaned up Springfield (No Disgaea, no Ikaruga), I was wondering if a road trip was worth it.

Got RECVX, Dead to Rights for Cube, DOABV Ghoulies, Gun Valkyrie, Dino Crisis 3 for Xbox, Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault w/o gun, Bouncer for PS2, and some others that escape me now.

Super big ups to OP

Dammit! Did anyone else's CC pull the games from the shelves and take them to the back where you can't get to them? They said there was a computer error and that the sale wasn't untill next week. If those fuckers decide to do the sale early or anything like that I'm gonna be fucking pissed off, as in more than I already am. Assholes.

I see people posting Scooby Doo for GC.
Which scooby doo is it? Night of 1000 frights? - and will it be the same scooby doo for every system or just the gc one?

If a certain game is on sale for ps2 will it be on sale for xbox?

[quote name='LeviathynX']Can anyone confirm this in Georgia? I'm in Columbus and my CC said they had no clue about it! Is this a scan and find or advertised sale?[/quote]

The vast majority of the games are not marked at $4.99, but are priced at $4.99 in their computers and will ring up as so. Take a list of the games.

Thanks to the OP and many others, I got myself 2 games:

Mario PArty 4 for GC
and
Max Payne for GBA

Mind you I had limited money to spend. And the people at the CC around here gave me a list of the $5 games that they had. Nothing special really.

Got 64 games (GBA, XBX, PS2, GC) for $318.37.

http://www.onid.orst.edu/~alimu/games.jpg

BTW, I went to three CC in Oregon today, and there was only two other people at the first one. The second and third stores had NOBODY there, and it was easy pickings.

Early birds get games; if you're from Oregon, don't say you didn't have a chance.

Add Onimusha: Warlords for PS2 (GH if it matters), and gitaroo man. Can't believe I even found Gitaroo, and it was marked to $5 on top of that! Sweet game. :)

I hit up 3 CCs around Southern California, in Long Beach, Lakewood, and Huntington Beach. The Long Beach had a decent selection, the Lakewood hardly any, and Huntington Beach had squat. Anyways here is what I got:

GBA:

Boktai x 2

GC:

Bomberman Generation
Megaman Network Transmission
Zoocube

Xbox:
Dino Crisis 3
Alien Vs Predator
Dragon's Lair 3D

I'm willing to trade Boktai for another GBA game like Phantasy Star Collection or Shining Soul. Game is brand new and sealed.

LeviathynX
Cheap Ass Regular

Posted: July 4, 2004, 2:56 pm
Post subject:

Can anyone confirm this in Georgia? I'm in Columbus and my CC said they had no clue about it! Is this a scan and find or advertised sale?

I live in Marietta and the two CCs in my area were swarming with people holding their print-outs clearing out shelves, so if they don't know about it yet in your store, hurry there now before people catch on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back