Old game thats still purchasable

WarPSycho

CAGiversary!
Hey guyss, ive been looking around for a pc game that i could play on my laptop

it can play warcraft 3
but would like to play a game that i could play offline and does not require much system requirement.

it has vista on it and an integrated graphics card so it isnt exactly built for gaming

but any advice or suggestions of games would be nice

and the cheaper the better, but it has to be a good game

thanks guys

Sid Meirs Pirates!, Disciples 2 Gold both game which are low system requirments p2 500mhz type and are 9 dollars at Target and play on all windows os including 64bit windows 7, so should play on vista just fine

from gog.com:
Earth series - each game costs 6$ and comes with every expansion so for 18$ you basically get 7 games.
Sacred Gold - Diablo clone with huge world and crapload of quests, dungeons, weapons etc. for 10$(includes both expansions).
Spellforce Platinum - same thing: all the expansions, hundreds of hours of gameplay and only 10$.
Tropico Reloaded - 2 Tropico games remakes with expansion pack for 10$ if you like city building games.

if you would like some fps action(especially online) i would pick up Battlefield 1942: The Complete Collection(sadly you can get only on disc) - it's collection of Battlefield 1942 with both expansions and Battlefield Vietnam. you can easily pick it up for 10-15$ new. there's thousands of people playing it online and there's plenty of free maps and mods on the internet.

woah , wasnt expecting this many replies so quickly,

well thanks guys now its time for me to go and get some games :D

might get sid meier's pirate as ive played that before and quite enjoyed it

and probably some of the games listed on good old games

www.gog.com

Damn good place to get older games and unlike other places their games are configured to work in new operating systems without glitches or problems. No drm, the game belongs to you, can backup your games all you like, no activations.

[quote name='gargus']www.gog.com

Damn good place to get older games and unlike other places their games are configured to work in new operating systems without glitches or problems. No drm, the game belongs to you, can backup your games all you like, no activations.[/QUOTE]

That's not 100%. Some of them games have been sold with errors and such. They are a good choice though if you feel the need to spend cash when everyone else is cramming DRM down consumers throats.

TORCHLIGHT!!
Sins of a Solar Empire
Plants vs Zombies
Age of Empires 2
Braid
Painkiller
SimCity 3000
Quake 3 (quakelive.com - free & awesome! online only though)

[quote name='elessar123']I also remember liking Homeworld, which is apparently still purchaseable.[/QUOTE]

BEST RTS I have every played. I enjoyed the entire series both SP and MP.

[quote name='Blackshear']Wow, this game seems like something i'd enjoy. Biting.[/QUOTE]

Booyah! Glad I could introduce someone to Arcanum :)

[quote name='elessar123']I also remember liking Homeworld, which is apparently still purchaseable.[/QUOTE]

WHERE.

[quote name='Logain8955']WHERE.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this will help where you reside but

Toy R Us (34th Street - Manhattan Mall - Bargain Bin), STAPLES and Amazing Savings have Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm for $4.99.

[quote name='elessar123']I actually just saw it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Homeworld-3D-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274078770&sr=8-3

Also, I really enjoyed the MechCommander series too, and I -think- it's still purchasable as well.[/QUOTE]

Mechcommander is free and legal and listed on my thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468

[quote name='Megazell']
Megazell's Top Pick
MechCommander 1
MechCommander Gold
MechCommander 2

Megazell's Top Pick

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

MechCommander was the second real-time tactics (RTT) video game based on FASA's BattleTech/MechWarrior franchise (though often being called a real-time strategy game), developed by FASA Interactive and distributed by MicroProse.

Although it is claimed that MechCommander is the "first Mechwarrior game of tactical command", this is not true.

Another game — BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception — was released eight years earlier, and was also a game of tactical command staged in the same Battletech universe.

MechCommander was released in 1998.

It had an expansion which was later combined with the original title and released as MechCommander Gold.

A sequel also exists (distributed by Microsoft) – MechCommander 2.

MicroProse also used many of the ideas in their 2000 Starship Troopers game.

In May of 2006 the games were released to the public for free.

System Requirements

MechCommander

CPU: 133 Mhz
Memory: 16 Mb
Video: 2 Mb
Hard Drive: 150 Mb

MechCommander Gold

CPU: 133 MHz
Memory: 64 Mb
Video: 2 Mb
Hard Drive: 620 Mb

MechCommander 2

CPU: 300 Mhz
Memory: 64 Mb
Video: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 400 Mb

Download it here - http://mechcommander.org/

Screenshots

so8dxj.jpg

wjdt2q.jpg

2dgop4p.jpg

Gameplay Video

Intro Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MQPWE_M_EM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4GzKRANQu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYDZCKYFaA

Click Here!

For The Full List Of 'Free And Legal PC Games.'
[/QUOTE]​

[quote name='Megazell']Not sure if this will help where you reside but

Toy R Us (34th Street - Manhattan Mall - Bargain Bin), STAPLES and Amazing Savings have Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm for $4.99.[/QUOTE]

awesome, I'll have to hit up my local staples!

Thanks man!

[quote name='elessar123']Oh nice, now I don't have to dig up my original box and CDs if I want to play =P[/QUOTE]

My list has a great deal of former retail games that the publisher and/or designers released on the web with support for modern systems throughout the thread. You may find another oldie but goodie that was once retail.

Starcraft, although I have yet to try it, should run for you. I picked up SC1 for $1 and brood war today for $2. :D

Also try Pitfall: the Mayan Adventure. It's a classic that I love, and also picked up today in original box for $1. :D

[quote name='Tony208']Rollercoaster Tycoon 1-3. It's really fun and creative and you design your own rides.[/QUOTE]

Going to be adding those to my list soon since they went freeware.

[quote name='Megazell']Going to be adding those to my list soon since they went freeware.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! They did!?!?!?!?

Links now pl0x!

[quote name='dabamus']Holy shit! They did!?!?!?!?

Links now pl0x![/QUOTE]

No, they didn't. It's just more of his bullshit, don't buy into it.

Didn't Mechwarrior 4 went freeware too? (Sorry Megazell if you listed this already, too lazy to look on that MASSIVE list of yours).

Yeah, you definitely don't want to dig through shit, keep your hands clean. But yes, MeW4 went free, you can find it on fileplanet or whatever file sharing site you like best.

bread's done
Back