Old Navy: Sat 11/28 Lego RB Free with $20 purch, Friday 11/27 guitar with RB2 purchas

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay.

Here goes:

Friday: Buy Rock Band 2 and get a free guitar. Wii: $39.50, Xbox 360 and PS3: $49.95, PSP: $29.99. Yes, you get a free guitar even with the PSP purchase (don't ask). This sounds like a crap deal, though and they only have maybe a handful of guitars, approximately 12 at the store I called and they ARE wireless.

Saturday: Buy $20 in clothing and get Lego: Rock Band free. Now THIS is a killer deal and I'm going to line up for it! I need clothes for my kids and get get them Lego RB?? Heck yes! Now I need another guitar. Do I just pick up RB2 for that price?

Store hours are no different than normal FYI.

No. I confirmed it at BC stores, it's been confirmed in Ontario as well.

The US only has the Lego RB on Friday. I don't know about the Guitar situation.

Since this promotion?

Who knows, or cares! I think it's a pretty awesome deal. Didn't realize wireless guitars were so expensive. I guess I'll be there Friday, too.

Poor, poor wallet.

damn.... how many copies so no going home empty handed :*(

thanks i guess i might try to go and get them jeans lol yeah... i hope its the same everywhere take this! lego my lego?

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh, it's probably been posted on rfd already (if not, soon) since there are a number of lurkers that are always checking for anything good from here. (it probably would have been better to have posted this a couple days later so that they would have less of a chance to see it.)

[quote name='bloodwings']i think i saw a commercial for this on tv, so the word is out.[/QUOTE]

oh okay, never mind then. i dont watch tv so i wouldnt know lol.

Totally doing this! I could use some new shirts.

Also, kinda weird question: I have a 20 GB PS3, and it plays PS2 games without a hitch. Can I use the RB2 guitar to play GH2 and GH:A for PS2? I've been looking at getting RB: Unplugged for a while...so this might not be too bad of a deal for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@game_fanatic:

Yeah I get emails all the damn time 'cause I signed up for their newsletter (it's turned out great because I've gotten all my clothes during 50% off sales) and there was no mention of this Lego RB deal.

People on Joystiq have phoned Ontario Old Navy stores and have it confirmed there.

I PERSONALLY phoned a store in BC and they confirmed this, so to make it clear, this is ON for Canadians, it is not US only.

they HAVE the guitars and Lego Rock Band ready for these.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']People on Joystiq have phoned Ontario Old Navy stores and have it confirmed there.

I PERSONALLY phoned a store in BC and they confirmed this, so to make it clear, this is ON for Canadians, it is not US only.

they HAVE the guitars and Lego Rock Band ready for these.[/QUOTE]

Well, hope this doesnt end up on RFD anytime soon.

Read the fine print on oldnavyweekly.com (under "see rules for details"). It specifically mentions Canada (excluding Quebec) gets the Lego Rock Band deal on Saturday Nov 28.

Wicked, I'm off Friday anyways, may as well check out. I don't really need any clothes, but I sure do need that Ghostbuster's Theme

Sounds like they're pretty organized too.. line up, get a wristband for a specific console version of the game, which you can redeem when you buy $20 worth of stuff.

Also their contest (Nov 27 in Canada) is kind of odd.. each store: grand prize, $200. 61 first prizes of RB DLC code, 61 second prizes.. a price of candy? (retail value: $0.11)

Yeah the "Candy" offer made me roll my eyes. And only 61 of those prizes exist? WTH?

Anyway, Old Navy stores hold different hours depending on their location. Some are in-mall and are restricted by mall hours unless they have an external entrance.

I haven't decided how much I want to outweigh the lack of sleep/early waiting by the door in order to get myself a copy.

I figure with the limited amount, depending on when I get there and how long the line-up is, I can just turn around and go home if it's stupid.

Weirdest combination of retailer and product ever! I need another music game like I need a hole in the head, anyway GL to everyone on Saturday.

[quote name='kathos']Woo :D thanks for clearing up the air guys! I know where I'm going to get some mittens on Saturday![/QUOTE]

by the looks of the weather starting to turn by Friday, you may need mittens to line up for mittens :cold:

[quote name='firehawk12']Hah, man, I might end up going to Old Navy for the first time in my life. Do they have anything that's 20 bucks even?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've bought anything there for > $20 other than jackets, although most of the stuff I buy is children's clothing. With all their coupons and discounts, they kick eveyone's prices on children's clothing.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']by the looks of the weather starting to turn by Friday, you may need mittens to line up for mittens :cold:[/QUOTE]

Wait the Lego Rock Band thing is on Friday!? I thought it was Saturday (had 8AM lectures on Friday)!?!!?!

[quote name='TripleQ']I don't think I've bought anything there for > $20 other than jackets, although most of the stuff I buy is children's clothing. With all their coupons and discounts, they kick eveyone's prices on children's clothing.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly they have the odd "50% off the whole store" sales every once in a while, of course their profit margins are still ridiculously high (did you know even a $40 pair of jeans cut down to $20 because of that sale STILL have 400%++ profit margin? True story). I've been getting all my clothes from there. Baby clothes wel... ;) I'm 21 don't need 'em yet!

Two questions:
(1) I heard that the Lego Rock Band deal is for a demo only. That makes more sense, even though the advertisements haven't been very specific. Can anyone confirm or deny?
(2) Does anyone know what platforms they are talking about?

[quote name='exolstice']Excluding Quebec? Old Navy can go f*** themselves.[/QUOTE]

It's not Old Navy's fault. Quebec has some fucked up laws regarding deals and contests that basically result in you guys getting excluded from a lot of good stuff.

Blame the Bloc, not the retailer.

[quote name='ejamer']Two questions:
(1) I heard that the Lego Rock Band deal is for a demo only. That makes more sense, even though the advertisements haven't been very specific. Can anyone confirm or deny?
(2) Does anyone know what platforms they are talking about?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's the full game, since they are expecting people to line up for wristbands well in advance of store opening. They have 360, PS3 and Wii software according to oldnavyweekly.com

bread's done
Back