Old nickelodeon shows beginning to air July 25th, yes I know, its not a deal

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
This isn't a deal but I am not sure how much attention it gets so I am posting it here as a friendly announcement.

Nickelodeon is going to be airing older shows starting on July 25th, a lot of people have been asking for this for years so I figured it was noteworthy.

You can find more information here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/90sAreAllThat

There is going to be a variety of shows from the 80's and 90's. I am not sure of the exact list of shows that will be on but they will have a variety and they will change it up from time to time.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Bring on the "you can't do that on television" reruns![/QUOTE]
I thought about that, but seeing as it wasn't actually a Nickelodeon produced show, I'm not sure they will.

That's great, I really miss the old shows especially Doug and basically hate everything on Nickelodeon now except Spongebob and Avatar.

Marc+Summers+Double+Dare.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']
Marc+Summers+Double+Dare.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I loved the obstacle course in Double Dare! Screw the first 20 minutes of the show (except for maybe the physical challenges).

Do you guys remember that Temple Gameshow thing?
I HOPE ITS ON!
I watched rereuns and got hooked, but it is never on....sigh.

Legends of the Hidden Temple, that was a good show too. It used to be on Nick Games and Sports which I had for a few months before they got rid of the channel.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Legends of the Hidden Temple, that was a good show too.[/QUOTE]
I can't recall ever actively watching another gameshow after that one. There will never be anything as epic as that was. It was a live action Tomb Raider/Uncharted gameshow.

I believe legends of the hidden temple, nick guts and double dare will be included in the new block of shows. It starts at midnight though so you will have to record it in some fashion if you don't want to stay up. There will also be a block of shows at 4-6pm on the weekends eventually.

I am probably spoiling this for someone right now but you can watch double dare on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/sundaeslide87#g/u

More nick stuff here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicNickelodeon2#g/u

There are you can't do that on television and finders keepers episodes on youtube as well but I don't know exactly where they are.

CatDog? Rocket Power? Amanda Show? fuck that; those aren't classics. I wish they would replace those with Hey Dude, Welcome Freshmen, and Nick Arcade. And I can already watch Rocko, Real Monsters, and Ren & Stimpy on Netflix, so I'd be happy with trading those for Space Cases, Allen Strange, and Roundhouse. I could also trade Pete & Pete and Salute Your Shorts (I have both on DVD) for Wienerville and What Would You Do. Shelby Woo would also be nice, but I suppose I can live without it.

For the most part, I'm pretty excited about this; I just wish there could be a few changes or that they could perhaps expand the block. Oh well, at least I'll get to see some Stick Stickly action this summer. Summer just isn't the same anymore without that song: "Write to me, Stick Stickly, P.O. Box 963, New York City, New York State, 10108!" Can't say I miss Summer Sanders, though.

Hey, who remembers Wild & Crazy Kids? I've still got my bright neon green cap somewhere from when I went to go see them live. That was one of the most amazing days of my childhood.

I want shows I can't catch late night reruns of or just watch on Netflix. Like someone said above, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Real Monsters; those are all on Netflix. Nick still plays CatDog, Rocket Power, Rugrats and some other 90s shows real late at night.

I want me some Doug, Pete & Pete, All That and many more.

The thing is, when you remember these shows, you do so wearing nostalgia goggles. Watch these shows now, you'll see that most of them are filed with cringe worthy acting, jokes too sacharine for The Family Circus, asinine plot lines, and just poor production values overall. They were fine for us as kids, we didn't know any better, but they simply don't hold up today. Actually, scratch that, SOME episodes of Pete and Pete hold up, as does just about all of Rocko's Modern Life, but that's about it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
Hey, who remembers Wild & Crazy Kids? I've still got my bright neon green cap somewhere from when I went to go see them live. That was one of the most amazing days of my childhood.[/QUOTE]

That used to be one of my favorite shows. I always wanted to be on that show (that along with being picked for the Super Toy Run)

[quote name='spmahn']The thing is, when you remember these shows, you do so wearing nostalgia goggles. Watch these shows now, you'll see that most of them are filed with cringe worthy acting, jokes too sacharine for The Family Circus, asinine plot lines, and just poor production values overall. They were fine for us as kids, we didn't know any better, but they simply don't hold up today. Actually, scratch that, SOME episodes of Pete and Pete hold up, as does just about all of Rocko's Modern Life, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Old episodes of All That hold up too... so do most Nicktoons. Kenan and Kel are pretty decent still too.

My inner child is weeping with joy.
CatDog and Rocko's ML are fucking awesome no matter how old you are. :)
And I don't see The Angry Beavers in the wiki, this saddens me...

[quote name='Zonic505']Looks like Wiki has the list.

Oh hellz yeah. I can't wait to see these again. I didn't have cable back then, but I remember if I was at a friend's house or my grandparents, I'd be able to watch some of these shows.[/QUOTE]

All That and Kenen and Kel- AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW here we go!

I don't get TeenNick but thank god of torrents! Then again, a vast majority of these have been available on torrents for years now but hopefully we'll get better quality stuff now (All That is one that nobody had decent quality copies of).

[quote name='spmahn']The thing is, when you remember these shows, you do so wearing nostalgia goggles. Watch these shows now, you'll see that most of them are filed with cringe worthy acting, jokes too sacharine for The Family Circus, asinine plot lines, and just poor production values overall. They were fine for us as kids, we didn't know any better, but they simply don't hold up today. Actually, scratch that, SOME episodes of Pete and Pete hold up, as does just about all of Rocko's Modern Life, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Although I will say that I enjoyed the original Ren & Stimpy from Nick, as opposed to the abortion that John K. made or retooled for Spike a while back.:whistle2:#

I completely disagree. I have rewatched several old shows (Punky Brewster, Cheers, Salute Your Shorts, Pete & Pete, Alex Mack, Reboot, etc.) and I enjoy them even more now than I did when I was a kid. So many of these shows are full of jokes that I didn't quite understand at that age, so it's almost like watching them for the first time all over again. Some shows were a little heavy on the "very special episodes", but for the most part, they have held up very well. Of all the shows my kid watches, I'd say that Fish Hooks is probably the only one that I would consider on par with many of the shows I enjoyed in my youth. I can agree that some shows are freakin' awful by my adulthood standards, but many of them are still quite good.

I'd agree with you if you were specifically referring to Doug and Hey Arnold, but Pete & Pete is a classic (the whole series) that can always be enjoyed. It's not necessarily that funny, but it does a great job of capturing childhood in a TV show. It's really a fantastic show.

Doug, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold really are just kind of bland when you remove the nostalgia from the equation. To those who disagree, go watch those three shows and tell me you found them genuinely exciting and funny.

I don't really have too much of a desire to see any of the old Dan Schneider shows (All That, K&K, Amanda) as his new crap dominates the current Nick (iCarly, Victorious). His "humor" really doesn't do it for me, it's just ridiculously stupid.

I'm mainly excited for Salute Your Shorts and old Stick Stickley stuff - and I swea to God there better be a Nick or Treat block this Halloween with re-runs of that phone-in game with the 3D town. Anyone else remember that?

I guess I'm the only one that wants to see them run the 1990's Land of the Lost remake.

Although I think they might have just aired reruns because I'm not sure the show was originally on Nickelodian.

[quote name='blindinglights']I guess I'm the only one that wants to see them run the 1990's Land of the Lost remake.

Although I think they might have just aired reruns because I'm not sure the show was originally on Nickelodian.[/QUOTE]

It was originally on ABC in 91-92. I don't think the reruns aired on Nickelodeon until 1994 at the earliest. I would love for it to come out on DVD.

I just watched All That, it used to be one of my favorite shows when it was first on TV, now I didn't find it that funny like I used to. I was wondering if they should show the musical performance at the end of the episode and they didn't, I guess because maybe they would have to pay royalties for it?

Ok, I have to ask...is this on the normal Nickelodeon channel or is it on something else. I know that sounds goofy, but cartoon network has like 304 different channels they run programs on and I was only aware of one for Nickelodeon. Is there certain time slots, etc? Would appreciate any input.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Ok, I have to ask...is this on the normal Nickelodeon channel or is it on something else. I know that sounds goofy, but cartoon network has like 304 different channels they run programs on and I was only aware of one for Nickelodeon. Is there certain time slots, etc? Would appreciate any input.[/QUOTE]

They do have multiple channels, the 90s block is on Teen Nick between 12am and 2am. The same block re-airs between 2am and 4am.

Looks like full episodes will be on their site as well after airing: http://90sareallthat.teennick.com/
Not sure for how long, though, as those are from yesterday's airings (or at least the Doug one is, didn't catch the others)

[quote name='Foladar']They do have multiple channels, the 90s block is on Teen Nick between 12am and 2am. The same block re-airs between 2am and 4am.

Looks like full episodes will be on their site as well after airing: http://90sareallthat.teennick.com/
Not sure for how long, though, as those are from yesterday's airings (or at least the Doug one is, didn't catch the others)[/QUOTE]

Awesome...thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.

They are changing the lineup starting September 5th. Clarissa and Doug are being replaced with Rocko and Hey Arnold. I don't get it since Rocko is already on Nicktoons. It would have been nice for them to air every episode of Doug before replacing it

It's about time. I loved Doug as a kid, but I've already seen every episode two or three times, so I'm getting tired of watching it. Of course, I've seen Rocko and Arnold multiple times as well. I wish they would hurry up and start showing Are You Afraid of the Dark.

This block has been a great thing to watch at night, but I liked it a lot better when I thought each day would have a different schedule rather than having the same four shows every night.

[quote name='Cmosfm']If you fucked the gay earth would that make you homosexual?[/QUOTE]
No, it would make you Captain Planet.

Doug just didn't hold up for me, I do still enjoy clarissa though, that show was pure genius. Pete & Pete is awesome too.

I think angry beavers and hey dude just came out on DVD recently.

Why isn't Clarissa Explains it All on DVD yet? I'd buy that series... Doug just.. meh. Kenan and Kel and Clarissa are the only shows that held up at all for me. All That... meh. Doug just... eh, saw it too much as a kid, I STILL remember all of the episodes, it feels like "oh, repeat, again."

bread's done
Back