Old Nintendo Power Mags - Pricing/Demand?

Hockey37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I have a whole stack of old Nintendo Power mags sitting in my house right now that I'm looking to get rid of to make some space. My question is should I just say to hell with it and throw them in the trash, or do you think it would be worth selling all/part of the lot?

Here is what I have (going from memory):
-Issues 1 thru probably around 60 or 70. Maybe an issue or 2 missing out of the whole line.
-The strategy guides that were part of the subscription, I think there were 4 or so issued in that series. I think they were a 4-player one, some Ninga Gaiden game maybe, I can't remember offhand.
-Black magazine holder with the Nintendo Power logo on them, probably about 5 or so.

If anyone has any ideas or has a place where this question might be better asked, please let me know. Thanks.

Looking at past ebay auctions, the mags dont go for too much. There was a lot of 110 issues that went for about $70 shipped. Lots of 20 or so go for anywhere from $10-$40 shipped. I guess its just luck and if the right person is looking for a collection of these mags when you happen to sell. Good luck if you try to sell them.

Past NP's don't really sell for much and are more nostalgic than cash cows... those strategy guides could be a different story, especially in the case of the free Final Fantasy SG.

I was wondering the same thing. I have over a hundred or so issues starting at #1 and I also have the Nintendo Fun Club News magazines that came out before Nintendo Power started. Anyone know the value of these and whats my best avenue for selling them? Thanks.

Hey, kinda off topic but...you live in Wheeling, WV, thats cool. I used to go through there from time to time, nice town.

Anyways, I say you should take a couple picks and post it up on Ebay with an accurate shipping price. You may only get $20 for them, but $20 is $20 right?

I'd be interested in the older Nintendo Power magazines personally. I realize 60 or 70 issues must be REALLY heavy to ship, but would you be willing to give me an offer for them? If you're thinking of throwing them out or recycling them I'd gladly take them off your hands for a decent price. Please let me know :)

Sincerely,
JJ Parks ^_^

I was collecting old NP magazines. I'm missing about 3 issues from the first 40, but I have several there are less-than-great condition. If yours are in good condition (spines not torn, bindings not warped, etc), I'd be interested in replacing mine.

I'm a bit surprised this got as much response as it did (replies in this thread and several PM's).

I'm hoping to take an inventory and hopefully some pictures of what I have this weekend. I'll update this thread with a link to the pictures and an inventory list when available.

[quote name='cdrober']Hey, kinda off topic but...you live in Wheeling, WV, thats cool. I used to go through there from time to time, nice town.

Anyways, I say you should take a couple picks and post it up on Ebay with an accurate shipping price. You may only get $20 for them, but $20 is $20 right?[/QUOTE]

Between Ebay and paypal, $20 is more like $13.

I am trying to complete my collection an am interested in both of Cabowabo and Hockey37's collection. What would you sell them for? I live in Richmond Virginia if you want to include shipping in the price. Thanks.

I would be interested in purchasing your collection. What is your asking price for shipping included to Richmond Va?

I took all of mine to the local library and let them have them, figured some kids would probably enjoy looking at them. Had well over 100 + mags, Nintendo Power, EGM, all i kept was game informer. They really are not worth trying to sell so I would recommend doing the same.

I actually have the same issues probably. I stopped getting them a year or 2 into the SNES lifecycle having gone with Genesis at the time.

I have the Final Fantasy SG, still in pretty good condition. I was getting ready to move, and was wondering what I should do with my old magazines.... I figure I'll just keep my fav issues and the SG(s).

I have a whole bunch of old ones too. Maybe the first 100 issues or so, in various conditions. I'd be willing to sell them for very little. Shipping would probably be the main problem. If there's interest, I can take an inventory too.

bread's done
Back