Old PS3 owner just bought again. Question.

mattbuc16

CAGiversary!
So I had an account a year or two ago on PSN. Sold that PS3. Unlucky for me, one day before PSN was taken down, I got a PS3 again. So I have a question.

If I put my old gamertag in -- even though I can't sign in to PSN -- while it sync with my old PSN again? I sure would like to earn trophies and unlock stuff on a couple of the games I bought. Since PSN has been down, I haven't bothered because I didn't want to waste my time. I have a 360, too, so I didn't NEED to play the PS3.

Just got the e-mail from Sony about the hack ... so the account is still there.

Question is, again, will just having my old gamertag in as my username now, will THAT sync with my old PSN account?

Thanks,
Matt

[quote name='mattbuc16']So I had an account a year or two ago on PSN. Sold that PS3. Unlucky for me, one day before PSN was taken down, I got a PS3 again. So I have a question.

If I put my old gamertag in -- even though I can't sign in to PSN -- while it sync with my old PSN again? I sure would like to earn trophies and unlock stuff on a couple of the games I bought. Since PSN has been down, I haven't bothered because I didn't want to waste my time. I have a 360, too, so I didn't NEED to play the PS3.

Just got the e-mail from Sony about the hack ... so the account is still there.

Question is, again, will just having my old gamertag in as my username now, will THAT sync with my old PSN account?

Thanks,
Matt[/QUOTE]

It should. It's just like if I went to my friends home and signed in on his PS3. All of my info is now available on his PS3. Only the saved data is not synced.

Once the PSN is back on, you should be able to log back in to sync.

bread's done
Back