Old/rare games - SMS/Colecovision - WITH PICS OF THE HAUL!

pfp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I've been offered a significant collection, including Atari, Genesis, Sega Master System, and Colecovision - here's my situation - Some of these items HAVEN'T SOLD on eBay during the time for which a history is available.

They may be selling for $25+ now, but that doesn't mean anyone's buying. I could price them at $20, or $15, and they may sit on my shelf for months as well.

VGPC does not cover either of these systems.

I'm not asking for help on something instead of researching (I've already spent hours on this collection trying to put together a price) - but is there anyone who has some insight into values of games for these systems?

Some examples:

Colecovision:
Aquattack
Tutankhamen
Time Pilot
Illusions
Gustbuster
Super Cross Force
Cabbage Patch Kids
Space Fury
Pitstop
River Raid
Antarctic Adventure

The list goes on - colecovision was the last of the four systems, and I haven't finished it yet, so I'll be adding to this list.

Any insight, either personal or to a resource where I can get help, is greatly appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:
Two perfect examples for Colecovision:

Galaxian - no sales on eBay, no listings on eBay, nothing in Google shopping
Q-Bert's Qubes - No sales on eBay, 1 active listing for $120.00 (are you serious?)

I mean, this is outside my realm of knowledge entirely - NES forward, I'm pretty good..but this is odd.

(On a side note, I found a Colecovision FAQ from over 10 years ago that lists both of them as "extremely rare"...)

Have you tried using http://www.digitpress.com/ yet? You might be able to go by the R values on there. Anything over R7 is something you'll definitely be able to sell for more than $20.00. My advice would be to take the prices they give you on the price guide and value the games at 1/4 (or even 1/5) of that.

They cover pretty much every system on their site and they have a printed book available as well for easy research.

EDIT: Looks like Aquaattack is an R7. Got a winner on the first try. Valued at $45 loose.

[quote name='pfp']

Colecovision:
Aquattack
Illusions
Gustbuster
Super Cross Force
[/QUOTE]

These ones are "not common" , but the market has really bottomed out on this stuff. There was quite a hardcore Colecovision collecting scene in the late 90s/early 00s but it seems to have dwindled away, same with the Atari 2600 really. A lot of kids who grew up in the 80s were buying them on ebay in the late 90s for nostalgia, but now you're just looking at collectors, who pretty much have everything already anyway. You don't see too many people newly getting into Colecovision right now.
Anyway I don't suppose boxes and manuals are included, as that would attract more interest? I'm looking on ebay now and I'm seeing games that would have gone for $30+ about five years ago now going for $10 :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-CO...ryZ11988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Q-Bert's Qubes was a $50+ title back in the day, but again, probably wouldn't get much right now. Basically its a few years too late to make a killing on this kind of thing, but you might be able to make something.

I can help you out with genesis and master system prices, but not colecovision.

I recommend to list them on the buying and selling forum on digitpress.com instead of on ebay. People there will usually pay high prices for things. I've had great luck selling things there.
You do have to be a member for 10 days to view the buying and selling forum though.

Here's all of it in one shot:

DSC02325.jpg

The Master System collection:

DSC02326.jpg

I'm told this is the WHOLE Atari 7800 library, and also in this pic, the Genesis stuff:

DSC02327.jpg

And Finally, the COLECOVISION games (not in box :( )

DSC02328.jpg

I don't know much aboot this, but what I do know is that your Master System Sonic 1 could be worth hundreds.

Checked already, it's not :(

If I can't get a good estimate of value on an item, I'm going to just do an auction.

If you do an auction, be sure to promote it on DigitalPress. You'll get a lot more interest there than probably almost anywhere else.

Good haul (well, depending on what you paid?), but that isn't the whole Atari 7800 library. You might have the entire set of first party 7800 titles there, but there aren't any Activision or Froggo games or any of the other obscure third party games in that lot.

Out of the Colecovision titles, Jungle hunt, Mountain King, and whatever that Xonox game is (the one weird shaped cart sticking out in the middle) are all decently rare, or at least used to be when people were buying!

$300 for the haul. Hoping to pull in over 1k in the long run

Any of the ColecoVision that I could identify as valued over $10, and a good bit more of it as well, is going on 7 day auction Saturday night. Auctions haven't been my style for some time, but I need to recoup that investment, it didn't show up at the right time for me to really be able to afford it.

Once that's all done, I can worry about the other stuff a little more slowly as I'll have at least broken even.

Will be promoting here and at DigitPress, along with a few other places I frequent.

EDIT: Oh - and thanks for letting me know on the Atari 7800 - like I said, this is all a generation earlier than anything I normally pay attention to.

And if someone wants to give me a tip on a few of the higher ticket SMS games, I'd appreciate it - I'm neck deep in getting Colecovision auctions launched in two days (with no rest from the day job either :( )

ALSO - I have two PitStops for ColecoVision - DP lists the US version as R3 and the "non-US" version as R7 - would that be the "CANADA" version (talk about obscure trivia)

[quote name='pfp'] $300 for the haul. Hoping to pull in over 1k in the long run

Any of the ColecoVision that I could identify as valued over $10, and a good bit more of it as well, is going on 7 day auction Saturday night. Auctions haven't been my style for some time, but I need to recoup that investment, it didn't show up at the right time for me to really be able to afford it.

Once that's all done, I can worry about the other stuff a little more slowly as I'll have at least broken even.

Will be promoting here and at DigitPress, along with a few other places I frequent.

EDIT: Oh - and thanks for letting me know on the Atari 7800 - like I said, this is all a generation earlier than anything I normally pay attention to.

And if someone wants to give me a tip on a few of the higher ticket SMS games, I'd appreciate it - I'm neck deep in getting Colecovision auctions launched in two days (with no rest from the day job either :( )

ALSO - I have two PitStops for ColecoVision - DP lists the US version as R3 and the "non-US" version as R7 - would that be the "CANADA" version (talk about obscure trivia)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's getting into obscure label variation territory. I don't know if anyone is hardcore enough to pay for it, but I guess its worth throwing the R7 Pitstop on ebay for 99c just to see what happens. Anyway $300 seems pretty good for that stuff, you'll probably break even on the Colecovision lot alone. Assuming the Colecovision system in the box is working, throw in a few of the common games with it and you can probably get $100.

And Phantasy Star, Moonwalker(!), and Montezuma's revenge for the SMS should all be good for $20+

I'm starting "stuff I expect to get over $20 for" at $9.99 and "Stuff I hope sells" at $4.99, all with free shipping.

I plan to break even on ColecoVision, and don't feel bad auctioning it (and think auctioning it all at once is probably the wisest). Trying to keep in gear to get auctions started tomorrow so that I can recoup the investment - $300 is a lot of money :(

I'm auctioning all games individually - all the games that didn't sell will be auctioned as a lot next week.

The auctions including the system are trending to break $500 sometime this evening :D

bread's done
Back