Old school games that should get sequels

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
today me and my dad were talking about old games and really good games that we thought should get sequels on ps2, xbox, or gamecube. Here is what i think they should make, post yours as well.

Pirates: Gold (Genesis)
Streets Of Rage Series (Genesis)
Dick Tracy (Genesis)
Goldeneye 007 (N64) - i know it was based on a movie, but games based on future Bond movies should be just like that

Pirates Gold actually got a remake on PC last year, which is also coming to XBox.

Others:

Valis
Alex Kidd
and most importantly.....
PUNCH OUT!!!

Centurion (PC/Genesis)
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System/GBA)
Star Control 3 (PC/3DO)
Herzong Zwei (Genesis)
R.C. Pro Am (NES)
Military Madness (Turbografx-16)
Bonks Adventure (Turbografx-16)
Return Fire (3DO/PS1)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']
Goldeneye 007 (N64) - i know it was based on a movie, but games based on future Bond movies should be just like that[/QUOTE]
...Goldeneye: Rogue Agent?

[quote name='ZForce']Pirates Gold actually got a remake on PC last year, which is also coming to XBox.

Others:

Valis
Alex Kidd
and most importantly.....
PUNCH OUT!!![/QUOTE]

No, that was sid meirs pirates which is a remake from a 1987 pc game. Pirates Gold is a sega genisis game that you run around taking over ships and invading towns, its a simple yet great game, probably differnet then sid meirs pirates.

[quote name='JAMMR']...Goldeneye: Rogue Agent?[/QUOTE]

No, i mean like goldeneye was just a great game and i would like to see them with better graphics based on a different movie, rouge agent sucked. Goldeneye007 - 2 that would be cool

[quote name='phatbunbao']I'd love to see streets of rage and rival schools to make a comeback[/QUOTE]

any of the old "beat em up" but make it more like fighters... (you know 6 button fighting moves would be excellent but make it like Final Fight).. and online.. i'd like a nice 15 hour online Streets of Rage type game.. that'd be cool...

hmm.. I'd like to see Nintendo make a new 2D platformer (in vain of SMW or SB3)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']No, that was sid meirs pirates which is a remake from a 1987 pc game. Pirates Gold is a sega genisis game that you run around taking over ships and invading towns, its a simple yet great game, probably differnet then sid meirs pirates.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its the same games. If you fire cannons at each other only from the side and ram into each other which changes into a really easy sidescrolling sword fight that has loyalties and total # of men falling in battle, then its the same pirates. They did call it Pirates: Gold sometime on the PC too.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']No, that was sid meirs pirates which is a remake from a 1987 pc game. Pirates Gold is a sega genisis game that you run around taking over ships and invading towns, its a simple yet great game, probably differnet then sid meirs pirates.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Pirates Gold was the same game as the PC Pirates! which was out in the late 80's. The recent Pirates! redux was a reworking on the earlier PC/Genny game and, the XBOX version, which comes out in May I think, will be extremely similar to the current PC version - which, by the way, is extraordinarily addictive in a "just one more adventure" type of way that ends up keeping you awake all night, rather than for the 5-10 more minutes you had anticipated...

Rival Schools did get two sequals one of which came out on dreamcast as project justice. As for sequals how about the strike series(desert, jungle, urban, soviet, nuclear)

there is a game on the ps2 that was made by the same ppl who made the strike games but i forgot what its called, u get a helicopter in that game too and i think on foot missions, never played it but read bout it in egm

[quote name='greyzieoriental']there is a game on the ps2 that was made by the same ppl who made the strike games but i forgot what its called, u get a helicopter in that game too and i think on foot missions, never played it but read bout it in egm[/QUOTE]

That was Mercenaries.. the people were commissioned by EA to do a new "Strike" game but it got canceled but they had all this cool Helicopter stuff and it morphed into what is now Mercenaries.. I read that in the IGN review.

pirates gold - pirates 2004
streets of rage - beats of rage
goldeneye - timesplitters 2

op, it appears your wishes have been answered ^^

how about that hamburger game for NES and i really want to see a good new crazy taxi after crazy taxi 2, 3 was junk and XBOX only
also how about a new virtua tennis

Yeah, Pirates Gold was just a Genesis version of the PC version of Pirates Gold which itself was a Windows remake of the original Pirates DOS game.

Anyways I love the suggestions of remakes of Kid Icarus and Bionic Commando.

I'd love to see a PC remake of Wasteland, Ultimas 4 and 5, or a real remake of Bard's Tale since the recent one was only a Bard's Tale game in name.

Great topic! Excellent choices everyone! Just reading the names of the titles mentioned in this thread bring back so many memories. I'll name a few I'd like to see in no particular order.

Shinobi - a true sequel to Shinobi III on the Genesis, not the PS2 abortion
Axelay - my all time favorite shooter on the SNES
Gates of Thunder or Lords of Thunder - best shooters ever on the Turbo Duo
Road Rash - the best version to date was on 3DO, a next-gen sequel would rule

[quote name='crowbb']Yeah, Pirates Gold was just a Genesis version of the PC version of Pirates Gold which itself was a Windows remake of the original Pirates DOS game.[/QUOTE]

Which in itself was a remake of the Commodore 64 original.

There's a game out called Devil Whiskey (use Google) which is like a spiritual follow up to The Bard's Tale. It's not cheap, though. I think there's still a demo available, which might be worth a try if you liked the originals (I did).

I want to see an updated version of Paradroid. That game was, and still is awesome, but an update would be fantastic. Metal Arms was probably the closest I'll ever get, though.

oh and also i would like to see a sequel of the original toe jam and earl for genisis. i know they had toe jam and earl 3 for xbox, but it is nothing like the orignal which should make a comeback.

Five games that desperately need a sequel (but I would be scared to death they'd screw up by trying and failing to make them 3D, etc.). Even so, I would blindly pay full retail price without hesitation for a sequel to any of the following:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Metal Warriors (snes)
The Lost Vikings
Mutant League Hockey
Mutant League Football

A final fantasy that doesn't suck, gotta go back to VI for that

Valkyrie Profile sequel would be sweet.

Earthworm Jim would be nice on a new system.

i just want a four player tetris attack. i thought it was coming in that nintendo puzzle collection, but it never came over from japan for the cube. WTF?

[quote name='cthcky33']i dont know how old school its considered, but XENOGEARS!!! alas it will never happen[/QUOTE]

:notworth:

Hell ya! Who knows it could happen. [-o

Legendary Wings (arcade version)
Legend of Kage
Ninja Gaiden (arcade version)

I loved these. They may not have been the best games in the world, but they definately have some nice updated grafx potential. Although the Xbox Ninja Gaiden wasn't bad, there was always something that I liked about the original. Could be the fact that you could flip everyone over your shoulder and then evade them by running and back flipping off a wall (that was always cool). IMHO

[quote name='BLarR']Eternal Champions, Corpse Killer, Maximum Carnage, and Legend of Dragoon.[/QUOTE]

How do you make a sequal of a game based off a comic, now your thinking well the seperation anxiety series but they made a game out of that as well so a maximum carnage sequal isnt happening, you can even argue that seperation anxiety is the sequal.

If a few years ago i was asked this question it would have to be River City Ransom for the NES. But now it's Baloon Fight, and TMNT Turtles in Time... aaahhhhhh the memories

bread's done
Back