Old Spice Challenge 2 - The SEQUEL!

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
Thanks to everyone that participated in the first contest. I am in the process of putting together another contest.

If you are interested in joining, please PM me and I will send you the sign-up link.

Thanks!

Information
The challenges are only open to US residents (360voice's rule) and you need to register at 360voice.com (which is free).

My rules are no boosting*, game saving, or offline achievements**.

FAQs on the Challenge
http://www.360voice.com/challenge-rules.asp
http://www.360voice.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6114

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

*Boosting = creating multiplayer matches for the sole purpose of trading achievements, i.e. trading kills to rank up, quitting matches, etc.

**Off-line achievement = Getting an achievement while not signed into XBL. This is to avoid people stockpiling points prior to the contest starting by signing out of XBL, getting a bunch of achievements offline until the contest starts, then signing into XBL once it does start.

Original Post
The contest is now full. Thank you for all that showed interest. I apologize if you got dropped; I thought 360voice.com would stop taking invites after 10 joined, but that is not the case. If you joined this afternoon, please check to see if you are still in the contest. Also, keep in mind that any 360voice.com user can create their own contest.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Good luck everyone!

List of participants
waltjay
BigMes
NikeUnlimited
Mattism
Massa Mandube
InuFaye
Unearth4164
fraggedbylagger
Zelos005
Jrcom

[quote name='akilshohen']it's kind of confusing[/quote]

It was a bit confusing at first. Basically, any 360voice.com registered user can create a challenge. There are 4 tiers of prizes with each tier having time and $ of participant requirements. For tier 2, the prize is $50 BB GC, it must last 14 days, and 10 people have to participate. At the end, the winner gets the pre-selected prize.

Lower tier prizes have shorter time requirements (only 3 days) and less participants, but the prize value is less, and vice versa.

The challenges are 100% free, so there's no harm in giving it a shot. :cool:

[quote name='doc005']Cool. I joined.

What does boosting mean?[/quote]

Boosting is when 2 or more people get together in a multiplayer match for the sole purpose of increasing gamerscore, i.e. trading kills to rank up, quitting matches, etc.

No offline achievement I guess means single player campaine and stuff like that? Guess I'm never gonna get a reason to play Fuzion Frenzy :(

[quote name='Puffa469']/runs out to rent Avatar the Last Airbender... ;)[/quote]

I'll see your Avatar and raise you TMNT! :cool:

[quote name='nikelecious91']No offline achievement I guess means single player campaine and stuff like that? Guess I'm never gonna get a reason to play Fuzion Frenzy :([/quote]

Actually, by offline I mean not connecting to XBL, racking up a bunch of points, then once the contest starts, sign into XBL with all of the offline achievements now part of your "official" online verified score.

Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='nikelecious91']No offline achievement I guess means single player campaine and stuff like that? Guess I'm never gonna get a reason to play Fuzion Frenzy :([/QUOTE]
I think it means racking up gamerscore offline, and then logging in on XBL to make it look like your gamerscore went up that many points in a single day.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I think it means racking up gamerscore offline, and then logging in on XBL to make it look like your gamerscore went up that many points in a single day.[/quote]

Exactly what he said.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This doesn't seem official...is XBOX an official part of this competition or is this just a 360Voice.com site competition?[/quote]

It's between 360Voice.com and Old Spice/P&G.

The prizes seem much better this go around, though I'm sure we all loved Fuzion Frenzy 2. :cool:

Oh I get it now...Though I'm sure I have no chance in hell of winning. One of your rules should have been no "Avatar" games...that game racks up 1000pts in 2 minutes literally.

I just joined in. Send me a message when you start it up over XBL. I got plenty of crap games just waiting to be abused! I also got some good ones I can toss in there too! Plus this gives me a chance to catch up to my buddy he's about to hit 76,000.

[quote name='aniousjoe']is there no way silver accounts can get in on this? could i use a 48-hr. card as i sign up?[/quote]

The contest lasts 14 days, and I believe you have to have a gold account to sign-up (since your progress has to be logged online).

I joined. Let's get ready to party!

I have a slight problem with headshot who has few achievements, and therefore can run through easy games. We'll see if it actually gives him an edge or not.

[quote name='ddrpower']I joined. Let's get ready to party!

I have a slight problem with headshot who has few achievements, and therefore can run through easy games. We'll see if it actually gives him an edge or not.[/quote]
My GT is HighlightShow.

I created a GT for my little brother over this past weekend, and that is his. I am not into Gamerscore "whoring" so I would rather not do it on my GT, so I signed up my brother who will be "attempting" to compete with the big dogs. If this is a problem, then just let me know.

[quote name='HighlightShow']My GT is HighlightShow.

I created a GT for my little brother over this past weekend, and that is his. I am not into Gamerscore "whoring" so I would rather not do it on my GT, so I signed up my brother who will be "attempting" to compete with the big dogs. If this is a problem, then just let me know.[/quote]

The problem isn't whoring, the problem is that a low gamerscore = less achievements gained = can use easy achievements = fast increase. The challenge isn't based on final score, but by the amount increased.

If the leader thinks it's acceptable, it's fine.

[quote name='zewone']Just joined.

Can we start earning points now?[/QUOTE]
I guess not, says our challenge is still pending.

Sorry for the late reply everyone.

For this contest, I wanted the limit to be 10 (I thought 360voice.com would stop taking invites after 10, but that's not the case) so I will be shortening the list accordingly. Sorry for the confusion.

Just a FYI, anyone can create their own contest, so if you didn't make it into this one, you can create your own quite easily.

I will be launching the contest tonight; the contest actually doesn't start until midnight PST tonight, even though I just launched it.

Thanks.

Damn, I was in, but then ddrpower "insisted" that I change my GT, so I had to take that one off and create a new one. I was originally #9, but deleted that one because ddrpower didn't think it was fair, so I signed up again with a different GT. That time I was late. Man, I wanted in on this.

Oh well, thanks anyway...

This is more trouble than it's worth.

It's not an offical xbox contest and the last time old spice was involved it did not turn out good.

I'll sit this one out.

Kevin

The last old spice contest was fine.

Also, I can vouch for HighlightShow being in as #9. Let him enter in. If it's really a lot of trouble, I'll drop out for him, but he should be in.

Edit:I don't think it's possible for me to drop out or him to join. I'm surprised that you can remove people as it says we can't leave due to potential cheating. You made a very bad move removing people without saying that you would place a limit(the implication was a minimum). Yeah, it would be easier to win, but in situations where it is made fairer, some people get lost in the cracks. You should have read the topic before acting.

My suggestion is that Highlight gets a guaranteed spot in the next contest with whatever tag he wants, since the contests continue into January. I think you can start more than one contest after one ends, so it would be fair.

[quote name='Logg']So has this thing started yet. Or is it at midnight.[/quote]

It started at midnight Pacific time on 12/6.

Unearth is smoking us. Wow. Granted, he's playing a child's game for achievements, but we'll have to pick up the pace or he'll keep the lead on us.

I wonder what 360voice will do about those games, since not all achievements are made equal.

For current count, he's 645 points up us.

Edit:Bwah, unless I get a new game, he's nailed me here. Maybe Highlight won out on this, since unearth may be using his trump cards early, and Highlight doesn't have to compete against it.

Still, only time will tell.

Well I have had Open Season for a long time. I got it for my son, and what better time to play it then now.

I think I am moving on to Oblivion next.

I did not really mind Open Season actually

I got plently of trump cards I can bust out. I not worried yet it is a 14 day contest. Open Season is a easy one. My ex girlfriend actually beat that game for me except for one level she could not pass. I completed that one for her. Out of all the games I've played that is the only one I did not get all the achievments in myself.

My main thing is I just got rock band from amazon finally and I want to play that. So far it kicks mass arse!

Yea I am getting Rock Band for Xmas only 3 weeks. I have my son all weekend so I doubt I have much time to do much gaming this weekend.

Plus next saturday I am finally getting CoD 4 so I will be playing that a ton online, I am already like rank 37.

Oh I also have WSOP 2008 that should be a few points right there.

bread's done
Back