Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm three days late in posting TIVs, so I'll only post those that I think haven't been posted recently (I traded in 14 games total, but most of their values have been posted since then, including Dead Space 2, Darksiders, SM64 DS, Shadow of the Colossus, and KH RE: CoM):

5/21
:ds:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - $4
Super Scribblenauts - $7

:psp:
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - $2.25
Jeanne D'Arc: $1 (didn't trade)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $3.50

:ps2:
Devil May Cry 3 - $1.25 (didn't trade)

:ps3:
Burnout Paradise - $3.50

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 - $3.50 (quote--didn't trade)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $5

hey all--how extensive is the trade in of a system (ps3) to gamestop? My ps3 will boot up and i've reset it so that you get the basic Sony welcome, and then it asks for all the time/date/network connections, and will usually fire up but the video card seems to be getting fried (pixel & artifacts left)...
just wondering if might pass their check...
::((and yes, i'm kicking myself for not trading it in during the coupon deal for extra $$$))::

[quote name='jmarano7836']hey all--how extensive is the trade in of a system (ps3) to gamestop? My ps3 will boot up and i've reset it so that you get the basic Sony welcome, and then it asks for all the time/date/network connections, and will usually fire up but the video card seems to be getting fried (pixel & artifacts left)...
just wondering if might pass their check...
::((and yes, i'm kicking myself for not trading it in during the coupon deal for extra $$$))::[/QUOTE]

from page 1 of this thread ye who cannot read whether or not they check it is YMMV

For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

[quote name='kayne2000']from page 1 of this thread ye who cannot read whether or not they check it is YMMV

For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a green ring of death 360 and they didn't take it. It was freezing on start up but it was not showing any red rings. They guy said he though it was the graphics card or something.

All Base:

Silent Hill: SM (Wii) - $4.50
Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $6
FF XIII (PS3) - $6
Dead Rising 2 (360) - $8
Bioshock 2 (360) - $2.50
Assassins Creed 2 (360) - $4
Infamous2 (PS3) - $15

With +10%, +$35, the preceding netted $85. Is there any brick & mortar place that gives you anything decent for game guides?

To confirm whether or not I read this, YES! I did. I was specifically asking what the procedure is when you trade it in and how they test it, not as to whether or not they take refurbs...

[quote name='kayne2000']from page 1 of this thread ye who cannot read whether or not they check it is YMMV

For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheeky']Judging from the values of the wii and gc games, it will not hold value. Sealed copies will (barring a reprint), but that isn't what you have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll poke around a bit more, but maybe I'll just part with it. Technically I have it set aside for a second run of 7 games if I can find that SM64DS, if not I'll hang on to it regardless. Thanks.

[quote name='jmarano7836']To confirm whether or not I read this, YES! I did. I was specifically asking what the procedure is when you trade it in and how they test it, not as to whether or not they take refurbs...[/QUOTE]

well your console is broken yes? that says they will take it yes? so the question here is what? i mean the only way to check a console is to fire it up and play a game in it unless im missing something here?

thats sort of how one would check any console really. sure ideally would be to let it run for an hour and see what happens but thats not going to happen. so all that will happen is IF THEY DO IT. they will plug it in. play a game. actually play it with the controller you bring in. and see what happens.

i dont need a thread to tell me this is how you check a console. sorry dont mean to be a d-bag. but this question sort of answers itsself.

Is my console broken? That depends, as the video graphics card appears to be burning out, so does the system still run, well then Yes. The Question was "what the procedure is when you trade it in and how they test it"... to which you actually were helpful in stating "only way to check a console is to fire it up and play a game"... all my post was intending was for more description and the process on the trade-in process of a PS3 system... basically asking other CAG's that have traded in PS3's what happens... The question doesn't necessarily answer itself, but thank you for your help.

edit thanks outkast for your post as well...

[quote name='kayne2000']well your console is broken yes? that says they will take it yes? so the question here is what? i mean the only way to check a console is to fire it up and play a game in it unless im missing something here?

thats sort of how one would check any console really. sure ideally would be to let it run for an hour and see what happens but thats not going to happen. so all that will happen is IF THEY DO IT. they will plug it in. play a game. actually play it with the controller you bring in. and see what happens.

i dont need a thread to tell me this is how you check a console. sorry dont mean to be a d-bag. but this question sort of answers itsself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jmarano7836']Is my console broken? That depends, as the video graphics card appears to be burning out, so does the system still run, well then Yes. The Question was "what the procedure is when you trade it in and how they test it"... to which you actually were helpful in stating "only way to check a console is to fire it up and play a game"... all my post was intending was for more description and the process on the trade-in process of a PS3 system... basically asking other CAG's that have traded in PS3's what happens... The question doesn't necessarily answer itself, but thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

They will prob boot it up and play a game. If your PS3 can do that, it will pass. If there are issues when playing, they might refurb it.

[quote name='outkastx']They will prob boot it up and play a game. If your PS3 can do that, it will pass. If there are issues when playing, they might refurb it.[/QUOTE]

bingo. so if you can get your console to play for like 10 or 15 minutes. you are good.

Just saw this on the GS website. JP can you add this to the OP?

180x180_PUR_GenericTrade_limitedtime.jpg

We want your old system Trade Now. We'll make it worth you while. Bring in your old system to get these PowerUp Rewards exclusive trade values now.

Xbox 360 Original $100
Xbox 360 Slim $150
Playstation 3 $150
Nintendo Wii $75
Nintendo 3DS $100
PS Vita $125

Limited time offer. Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 5/25/12 - 6/3/12

[quote name='z24buddy']Just saw this on the GS website. JP can you add this to the OP?

180x180_PUR_GenericTrade_limitedtime.jpg

We want your old system Trade Now. We'll make it worth you while. Bring in your old system to get these PowerUp Rewards exclusive trade values now.

Xbox 360 Original $100
Xbox 360 Slim $150
Playstation 3 $150
Nintendo Wii $75
Nintendo 3DS $100
PS Vita $125

Limited time offer. Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 5/25/12 - 6/3/12[/QUOTE]

Wow some of those TIV's are really nice.

time to dump my wii, i dont know if thats a good deal on xbox coz ive seen better. hopefully it will stack with 30% promo.

$75 for a Wii is pretty good. Because without games thats about all you can sell them for anymore.
3DS value seems good too.

Xbox 360S value isn't good enough for me to dump mine, especially with all the games I still need to play

[quote name='coolrust']time to dump my wii, i dont know if thats a good deal on xbox coz ive seen better. hopefully it will stack with 30% promo.[/QUOTE]

GameStop promos never stack.

Phone quotes from 5/24/12

Singularity - $2
Mirrors Edge - $3
Lost Oddysey - $2
Devil May Cry 4 - $1.25
Bulletstorm - $1.25
Halo 3 ODST - $3

Playstation Move Heroes - $4.50
Alice: Madness Returns - $10

Had some more to ask about but he got a customer. So I'll have to ask tomorrow. Trying to scrounge together 7 eligible games so I can buy The Witcher 2 & Kingdoms of Amular. Forgot to ask him to confirm the $2 minimum :cry:

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Phone quotes from 5/24/12

Singularity - $2
Mirrors Edge - $3
Lost Oddysey - $2
Devil May Cry 4 - $1.25
Bulletstorm - $1.25
Halo 3 ODST - $3

Playstation Move Heroes - $4.50
Alice: Madness Returns - $10

Had some more to ask about but he got a customer. So I'll have to ask tomorrow. Trying to scrounge together 7 eligible games so I can buy The Witcher 2 & Kingdoms of Amular. Forgot to ask him to confirm the $2 minimum :cry:[/QUOTE]If you're unsure $2 is the minimum, it's been confirmed that it is, regardless of what employees say.

$150 for any 360 Slim?

Huh, that's actually not bad.

5/24/12
Saint's Row @$2.50
Saint's Row 2 @$7.00

PS3
COD: WAW @$5.00
COD: MW @$3.00
COD: MW2 @$4.00
Dante's Inferno @$3.50
Mass Effect 2 @$7.00

I was originally going to trade in Devil May Cry 4 on 360 but it didn't even hit the $2 cut. Good thing I brought an 8th game just in case.

Unless the employee is a CAG type person, then they'll just say what's on the fine print of the promo. There's enough confirmation here that it will work.

[quote name='HydroX']GameStop promos never stack.[/QUOTE]

I recall the PUR coupon for Xbox 360 trade-in stacking with the promo they already had at the time....

Ugh miscounted my sets and had a set of 7 and a set of 4 (Left SSF4, Mirror's Edge and Singstar+dance at the house... mistake which cost me like $15 in bonuses:( ) ...

A few of the unreported tivs

Def Jam Icon PS3 - 2.25
Skate 2 360 - 4.50
FEAR 360 - 2.00

[quote name='Donut2922']Rare opportunity to finally dump my Wii which has dust on it sadly.[/QUOTE]

I'd dump my launch Wii in a heartbeat if there was a way to transfer all my VC games to my second Wii. We barely play either (though I have been playing SMG2 with my 4 year-old recently) so I certainly don't need 2. And that original one went all corrupt on me and cost me all my game saves (inlcuding SSBB and AC which couldn't be copied to the SD card). Nintendo fixed it for free and it works fine now but it still kind of pisses me off and I'd be glad to dump it and put that money towards the WiiU.

BUT, I have $75-$100 of VC games on there and I guess you lose those. They have that way of transfering 3DS stuff but unless I'm mistaken still no way to transfer Wii games, right?

Edit: Found this on Nintendo's support pages:

All points and software downloads are only for use on a single Wii console and are non-refundable and non-transferable.

So, yeah, no transferring. Screw you Nintendo :bomb:.

I do have like 1000 points still on it (I think - it's been probably 2-3 years since I even went on the Wii shop with that system). I guess I can "transfer" those by gifting a game to my other console, though.

[quote name='frpilot']hmm is that $150 tiv for xbox slim 4gb or 250gb?[/QUOTE]

Probably for the 4 GB. The 250 GB hard drive should have its own seperate trade in value.

[quote name='io']I'd dump my launch Wii in a heartbeat if there was a way to transfer all my VC games to my second Wii. We barely play either (though I have been playing SMG2 with my 4 year-old recently) so I certainly don't need 2. And that original one went all corrupt on me and cost me all my game saves (inlcuding SSBB and AC which couldn't be copied to the SD card). Nintendo fixed it for free and it works fine now but it still kind of pisses me off and I'd be glad to dump it and put that money towards the WiiU.

BUT, I have $75-$100 of VC games on there and I guess you lose those. They have that way of transfering 3DS stuff but unless I'm mistaken still no way to transfer Wii games, right?

Edit: Found this on Nintendo's support pages:

So, yeah, no transferring. Screw you Nintendo :bomb:.

I do have like 1000 points still on it (I think - it's been probably 2-3 years since I even went on the Wii shop with that system). I guess I can "transfer" those by gifting a game to my other console, though.[/QUOTE]
i thought a recent update allowed VC games to be copied to the sd card

[quote name='joogle']Is the original Wii with Wii Sports eligible?

Or do they want newer Wiis?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I'm sure any Wii works.

And you'll trade Wii Sports in individually

I am tempted to trade in my PS3 tomorrow, but I get the feeling that they will offer a bonus $50 coupon for 10000 points again next week.

5/24/2012:

Xbox 360:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - 6.00
Star Ocean: Last Hope - 4.00
Silent Hill HD Collection - 15.00
Mirror's Edge - 3.00
LA Noire - 7.00
Catherine - 7.00
Call of Duty: World at War - 4.00

Lol, missed the post on previous page about the new trade in values for systems.

Im guessing the 30% bonus doesnt apply to this.

Damm, I just bought a 3DS at TRU and was trying to sell a ps3 and wii. Should have waited and not wasted the $200+ on 3DS (Not even purple!) and games.

[quote name='frpilot']hmm is that $150 tiv for xbox slim 4gb or 250gb?[/QUOTE]

I got an email advertising this. It says ANY Xbox 360 Slim Model.

Seriously considering trading my 4gb for this since I never play it any more.

i would dump the wii for a wiiu later this year. but between the VC games and my wii is also my only gamecube player im not sure its worth the hassle as i would have to buy a gamecube and one game timesplitters crashes on some models of gamecubes for some reason and doesnt crash on the wii. for instance it plays on my friends gamecube but not the launch gamecube i used to have and plays on the wii just fine.

though probably between that 75 and the 130 or so i have i could mostly pay off the wiiu. i would be little annoyed about losing the few VC games i have though. decisions decisions.

at the very least the wii games would be removed from the backlog for a while so maybe i wouldnt have to worry about that. though that does mean ill have to put off xenoblade, zelda, and last story till at least the fall.

[quote name='kayne2000']
at the very least the wii games would be removed from the backlog for a while so maybe i wouldnt have to worry about that.[/QUOTE]

Haha it's funny how this is an issue when you are a cag. When I read this I thought "yeah that makes sense."

[quote name='Toss']Haha it's funny how this is an issue when you are a cag. When I read this I thought "yeah that makes sense."[/QUOTE]

well ive only been posting here for a few months. but i assure the backlog has been years of work in progress.

I haven't seen a single person mention this but when I went in tonight to trade in some games I was told the game value had to be $5.00 or more to qualify for the 7 for $35. He even read it to me off his official Gamestop promo sheet. Kept me from doing the trade in deal twice. Anyway here's some values:

PS3

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - $6.00
MLB The Show 2011 - $4.00
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8.00
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - $10.00

LA Noire - $7.00
Halo: Reach - $14.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $15.00
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $5.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $10.00
Alan Wake - $7.00
SoulCalibur IV - $3.00
Fable III - $2.00
Bayonetta - $2.00
Darkstar One - $3.00
UFC 2010 - $5.00
Mass Effect - $12.00
Mass Effect 2 - $7.00

xbox360.gif
Fallout 3 GOTY - 7
xbox360.gif
Deus Ex Human Revolution - 6
xbox360.gif
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY - 8
xbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2 - 15
xbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead - 9
xbox360.gif
Half-Life 2: Orange Box - 11
wii.gif
Super Mario Galaxy - 8

xbox360.gif
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 5
xbox360.gif
Tomb Raider Underworld - 4
xbox360.gif
Forza 3 - 4.50
xbox360.gif
Dead Space - 4.50
xbox360.gif
Prototype - 11
xbox360.gif
Medal of Honor - 2.50
xbox360.gif
Resident Evil 5 - 7

I was also told
xbox360.gif
Fight Night 4 is 2.50.

[quote name='NotoriousCPD']I haven't seen a single person mention this but when I went in tonight to trade in some games I was told the game value had to be $5.00 or more to qualify for the 7 for $35. He even read it to me off his official Gamestop promo sheet. Kept me from doing the trade in deal twice. Anyway here's some values:

PS3

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - $6.00
MLB The Show 2011 - $4.00
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8.00
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - $10.00

LA Noire - $7.00
Halo: Reach - $14.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $15.00
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $5.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $10.00
Alan Wake - $7.00
SoulCalibur IV - $3.00
Fable III - $2.00
Bayonetta - $2.00
Darkstar One - $3.00
UFC 2010 - $5.00
Mass Effect - $12.00
Mass Effect 2 - $7.00[/QUOTE]

Umm u didn't search too far back as this has been heavily discussed. Despite what the flyer says, you get $35 extra if u trade in 7 games with a $2 TIV. All the limits the flyer states ARE NOT in effect as long as you trade in groups of 7 exactly.

Wait, ME1 gets significantly more than ME2? I guess ME2 sold a ton more copies so more get traded in, but the difference between the two is striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back