Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stoned99']Dude, really !![/QUOTE]

Yes really lol. it's free with purchase. The deal isn't even THAT good so I don't know what your problem is.

5/29 Base Values

:360: Halo Reach: $14
:360: Mass Effect 2: $7
:360: Portal 2: $12
:360: Tiger Woods 12 The Masters: $8
:ps3: Syndicate: $17
:ds: Professor Layton Unwound Future: $5
3DS: Star Fox 64: $11

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']The system is allowing for $2 games, but the fine print says $3.00 -- it has ALWAYS been $2, so no reason why it's $3 now...

I got shot down on the $2 level unfortunately today.

It's 100% YMMV and how well read your employee is.[/QUOTE]

The only way it WON'T work is if they deny the trade in of your $2 game all together. They tried to scare me too, but I told them I still wanted to trade in my $2 games. They can't stop the computer from giving $35 on 7, even at $2 TIV.

[quote name='AEJustin1']Hmm, there were a few stores in my area that have been showing the Star Wars XBOX bundle in stock yesterday (at least 3 stores around me in a 20 mile radius), and now there is a new bundle of it that includes a $50 gamestop gift card but now it's saying none in stock within 100 miles.... I find that odd, I will still be calling and checking with those stores though as I don't think they would have sold a ton of them in a day.[/QUOTE]

Let us know what is going on when you figure it out. If I could get $50 back and buy it at the $50 reduced price, I might pick one up. I have a feeling the $50 GC offer was before the price drop.

[quote name='slowdive21']Let us know what is going on when you figure it out. If I could get $50 back and buy it at the $50 reduced price, I might pick one up. I have a feeling the $50 GC offer was before the price drop.[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad. $399 plus $50 gift card.

[quote name='heatison777']The only way it WON'T work is if they deny the trade in of your $2 game all together. They tried to scare me too, but I told them I still wanted to trade in my $2 games. They can't stop the computer from giving $35 on 7, even at $2 TIV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as long as you take in 7 games only to be scanned at once, you WILL get the extra $35. This has been verified numerous times as the employees are only going by what is written but the system does it the old way so they would have to manually bump down stuff to not get the promo.

Traded in my old 360 and fat ps3 an a wireless N adapter. Trade in price went up a dollar to $19 before any bonus on the adapter. Picked up a MW3 Slim ps3 bundle with my credit. So much quieter!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah as long as you take in 7 games only to be scanned at once, you WILL get the extra $35. This has been verified numerous times as the employees are only going by what is written but the system does it the old way so they would have to manually bump down stuff to not get the promo.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, then I think I'll have to try it Sunday if the Best Buy 100% bonus equates to a lesser deal for Skyrim. Trade in Skyrim + 6 $.99 sports games (should be worth ~ $.10-$.15 TiV each) for the Skyrim value plus $35 bonus, or take Skyrim to Best Buy for hopefully minimum $38 TiV...

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, then I think I'll have to try it Sunday if the Best Buy 100% bonus equates to a lesser deal for Skyrim. Trade in Skyrim + 6 $.99 sports games (should be worth ~ $.10-$.15 TiV each) for the Skyrim value plus $35 bonus, or take Skyrim to Best Buy for hopefully minimum $38 TiV...[/QUOTE]

Oh no, your other 6 games have to be at least $2 in TIV in order for the promo to go in effect.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, then I think I'll have to try it Sunday if the Best Buy 100% bonus equates to a lesser deal for Skyrim. Trade in Skyrim + 6 $.99 sports games (should be worth ~ $.10-$.15 TiV each) for the Skyrim value plus $35 bonus, or take Skyrim to Best Buy for hopefully minimum $38 TiV...[/QUOTE]

The TIVs need to be at least $2 each.

[quote name='outkastx']The TIVs need to be at least $2 each.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I'll have to check then and see if I can muster up another 6 games worth at least $2 TiV...

5/30

Alan Wake (Xbox 360) $7
Nba 2k11 (PS3) $5
Batman Arkham City (PS3) $14
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3) $6
Rage (PS3) $4
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) $12
SSX (PS3) $18
Last Remnant (Xbox 360) $1.25
Mass Effect 1 (Xbox 360) $12
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) $7
Tropico 3 (Xbox 360) $6
Dualshock 3 Controller $20

5/29, all Xbox 360:

Fight Night Round 4 - $2.50
Saw II: Flesh and Blood - $4
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing - $6
Saints Row 2 - $7
NBA 2K11 - $10
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL - $6
Shaun White Skateboarding - $3.50

I called the gamestops that showed they had the Star Wars bundles in yesterday but not showing up today and they do still have them, just appears to be a computer glitch of some kind not showing them in stock online.

[quote name='AEJustin1']I called the gamestops that showed they had the Star Wars bundles in yesterday but not showing up today and they do still have them, just appears to be a computer glitch of some kind not showing them in stock online.[/QUOTE]

is there something special about these besides having a star wars cover on it???

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Makes R2D2 sounds and has a gold controller.[/QUOTE]

that is tempting lol i have no idea why that is tempting though. probably because i am just a giant freakin nerd????

though admittely its not worth the 134 in credit i have + 150 for trading my slim and paying the difference for it.

sure i would get a 50 dollar gift card + trading the HDD back in as i already a 320 GB one. making it under 100 out of pocket.

[quote name='kayne2000']that is tempting lol i have no idea why that is tempting though. probably because i am just a giant freakin nerd????

though admittely its not worth the 134 in credit i have + 150 for trading my slim and paying the difference for it.

sure i would get a 50 dollar gift card + trading the HDD back in as i already a 320 GB one. making it under 100 out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Sell the white Kinect too. And probably the game.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Sell the white Kinect too. And probably the game.[/QUOTE]

ouch gamestop only gives 30 bucks for it.

and yea i certainly thought about selling the games in that half thought out crazy idea.

[quote name='elessar123']You traded Totori for $6?[/QUOTE]

I know right?! probably the only person on here that actually opened it and played it through o.o kept all my LE goodies same as with Rorona so it still looks like they're sitting there on my shelf just as they have been for months~

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Makes R2D2 sounds and has a gold controller.[/QUOTE]
^^^ That haha and I am a huge star wars fan so I need this lol and the $50 gift card that comes with it now will come in handy too.

K went and traded in everything ^_^v, thanks to the guys/gals who responded

Got my $100 for 360 + $150 for my 60GB PS3, traded in 3 Games

PS3:
Prototype 2 - $19.00
Shift Unleashed 2 Limited Edition - $7.50

XBox 360:
Left 4 Dead - $9.00

Got extra for HDD + Head Phones

My total came out to $315.00 - $15 for Power Up Membership, $300.00 store credit

I traded in 7 games last week in order to get the bonus and I ended up getting ghost recon for free. I just looked at my receipt and it looks like the worker didn't even charge me for it. I guess that's what happens when one tries to sell you unnecessary warranties and pre-orders. I hope he didn't get in trouble for it.

So there's two promos for hardware right now. $100 for original :360: and a 30% bonus. I'm guessin' you only get one. And I'm also guessin' that the $100 is the better offer.

I never keep the AV cables, since I use HDMI. Will I have a problem trading in?

[quote name='zewone']So there's two promos for hardware right now. $100 for original :360: and a 30% bonus. I'm guessin' you only get one. And I'm also guessin' that the $100 is the better offer.

I never keep the AV cables, since I use HDMI. Will I have a problem trading in?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They'll charge you what they sell AV cables for.

Traded the following in today:

:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $10
:360: Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $12
:360: Batman: Arkham City - $14
:360: Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage & The Pitt - $1
:360: Grand Theft Auto IV - $7
:360: Mass Effect 2 - $7

:ps3: LA Noire - $6
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles - $6

So Gamestops don't put up too much of a fuss if you ask to do three separate transactions? I would think they'd catch on to the why of it. I have about 21 games I want to get rid of but I obviously don't want to do them all in one batch or I'll get screwed. One guy said in this thread he was flagged for trading in that many different transactions. Not that I care, but I don't know if they'll give me grief. I guess if they do I'll just trade in my 7 higher priced games and give the rest to Amazon like I usually do.

I also plan on getting rid of my 360, since I'm going to use all of the credit for Steam Wallet cards. I have many more games I want to get rid of just to be done with them, but they are low value and would mess up the "$2 or more on 7 games exactly" trick. Though the $2 games are saved for my third transaction only.

[quote name='Kelegacy']So Gamestops don't put up too much of a fuss if you ask to do three separate transactions? I would think they'd catch on to the why of it. I have about 21 games I want to get rid of but I obviously don't want to do them all in one batch or I'll get screwed. One guy said in this thread he was flagged for trading in that many different transactions. Not that I care, but I don't know if they'll give me grief. I guess if they do I'll just trade in my 7 higher priced games and give the rest to Amazon like I usually do.

I also plan on getting rid of my 360, since I'm going to use all of the credit for Steam Wallet cards. I have many more games I want to get rid of just to be done with them, but they are low value and would mess up the "$2 or more on 7 games exactly" trick. Though the $2 games are saved for my third transaction only.[/QUOTE]

talk dirty to them. preorder halo 4 and COD. gotta butter them up man!!!

Traded these in today - 5/30

Base values:

Mafia 2 - PS3 - 5.50
Vanquish - PS3 - 3.50
COD MW2 - PS3 - 4
COD4 - 360 - 5
Sacred 2 - 360 - 3.50
Blur - 360 - 7
Force Unleashed 2 - 360 - 8

Got $75.15 after bonuses and threw $25 down to pre-order the Ultimate Limited Loot fucktard Edition of Borderlands 2, just in case buzz comes that is it, in fact, going to be limited. Plus I know I'll want the game Day 1 when it comes time.

[quote name='Kelegacy']So Gamestops don't put up too much of a fuss if you ask to do three separate transactions? I would think they'd catch on to the why of it. I have about 21 games I want to get rid of but I obviously don't want to do them all in one batch or I'll get screwed. One guy said in this thread he was flagged for trading in that many different transactions. Not that I care, but I don't know if they'll give me grief. I guess if they do I'll just trade in my 7 higher priced games and give the rest to Amazon like I usually do.

I also plan on getting rid of my 360, since I'm going to use all of the credit for Steam Wallet cards. I have many more games I want to get rid of just to be done with them, but they are low value and would mess up the "$2 or more on 7 games exactly" trick. Though the $2 games are saved for my third transaction only.[/QUOTE]

I've never once had a problem getting the extra bonuses stacked for doing it all in 1 transaction. I've traded 12-15 games in at once during a 3 for $10 and I got whatever multiple of $10 added to the base values and PUR.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've never once had a problem getting the extra bonuses stacked for doing it all in 1 transaction. I've traded 12-15 games in at once during a 3 for $10 and I got whatever multiple of $10 added to the base values and PUR.[/QUOTE]

I believe this deal is different than the 3/10 because this deal is 7+ and not a cut off at just 7 games.

[quote name='ibarra350z']I believe this deal is different than the 3/10 because this deal is 7+ and not a cut off at just 7 games.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. If that's the case and you're really worried, and proximity isn't an issue, just take the other batches to different stores. I know they don't track stuff that closely. I've done enough return/rebuys during B2G1s (nothing sketchy, just making sure I got the 3 games I wanted from stores that had them in stock) to know they don't care or follow this stuff that closely. In fact, every Gamestop I've been to has been very cool and accommodating about almost everything I've ever done. The only time I ever had them stop me from doing something was trying to trade in two copies of the same game for the same system, but even then they allowed it once I showed them the receipt of purchase.

I guess my greater point is there's always a way around it, and you're not doing anything wrong to begin with.

[quote name='inky1600']Will this promotion be good on 6/3 or does it actually end at close of business 6/2?[/QUOTE]

You have until closing of business on 6/3 (Sunday). Most stores close at 6pm, some close at 7pm. Check your local store for their business hours.

My Gamestop tried to play me and say minimum tradein was $5. Guess I'll be using the credit at the other nearby store.

5/30

:360: Borderlands - 7
:360: Red Dead Redemption - 9
:360: Blur - 7
:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 5
:360: Bioshock 2 - 2.50
:360: LA Noire - 7
:360: Test Drive Unlimited - 2.25
:360: Batman: Arkham City - 14

[quote name='AEJustin1']I called the gamestops that showed they had the Star Wars bundles in yesterday but not showing up today and they do still have them, just appears to be a computer glitch of some kind not showing them in stock online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking this. I'm about to sound really really stupid, but might wait until Monday or Tuesday to buy this on the very off-chance that Microsoft announces an Xbox price drop at E3. I bet the chances of this bundle dropping in price on Monday is .0001%, so maybe I should buy it and attempt a return/rebuy/pricematch if it drops. What do you guys think?

[quote name='life.exe']My Gamestop tried to play me and say minimum tradein was $5. Guess I'll be using the credit at the other nearby store.

5/30

:360: Borderlands - 7
:360: Red Dead Redemption - 9
:360: Blur - 7
:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 5
:360: Bioshock 2 - 2.50
:360: LA Noire - 7
:360: Test Drive Unlimited - 2.25
:360: Batman: Arkham City - 14[/QUOTE]

Just call them out on it and tell them it doesn't even say that on their own website and watch them make up excuses lol. Hell their flyer contradicts itself so blatantly its funny

I had to point out when I got the Star Wars XBOX 360 today (which is soooooo damn cool lol) that it came with a $50 gift card. They were like "no way really??" I was like uh yea it says it clear as day in the weekly ad. They were still non believing and got on the phone with someone, all the while I was pulling up the ad on my phone :) As I was about to show em on my phone, the 2nd guy was like Yep it sure does, good thing you told us.... UGH lol

[quote name='life.exe']My Gamestop tried to play me and say minimum tradein was $5.

Why do you guys even ask? $2 min has been verified here. Just trade in seven check the total once they finish, and keep youir mouth shut. The computer will do it no matter what they say. It's nice the computer totals it in our favor for once.

Just traded in three old X360 wireless controllers and a rechargable battery for ~$50 and got the new blue chrome controller! Only $8 out of pocket!

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Just traded in three old X360 wireless controllers and a rechargable battery for ~$50 and got the new blue chrome controller! Only $8 out of pocket![/QUOTE]

those must of been some crappy beat up controllers lol

[quote name='Toss'][quote name='life.exe']My Gamestop tried to play me and say minimum tradein was $5.

Why do you guys even ask? $2 min has been verified here. Just trade in seven check the total once they finish, and keep youir mouth shut. The computer will do it no matter what they say. It's nice the computer totals it in our favor for once.[/QUOTE]

this!!!

:360:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $15

:wii:

Twilight Princess - $7
Super Paper Mario - $7
Wii Sports - $8

:ps3:

Uncharted 2 - $5

:ds:

Mario Kart - $14
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $6

With the bonus and PUR I got $103.20, bringing my credit total up to $288.31.

Thinking about doing one more 7/$35 run this weekend.

Anyone know what the return policy on used handheld systems is? I am planning on dumping Pokemon Pearl or whatever, but kind of want to move my event Pokemon/powerful guys over to my Pokemon Black. Also though I'm not sure how much I care. But if the return policy is 7 days no questions like it is with used games I might as well just get it, do the trades in the parking lot, and then return the DSLite/trade the games in.

Also, with pre-orders. I put $5 on Black Ops 2 because apparently if you pre-order by May you get a MW3 prestige token (which I won't use probably, so I have a code for that if anyone wants to trade something), and three more DLC items in July/September/whenever the game comes out. Some silly poster as well that I figured I'd maybe want, so why not, I guess.

If I cancel the pre-order do I get the $5 or is it gone? If I do lose it I'll just keep moving it between games or whatever until something comes out that I do want to pick up.

I tried trading in my copy of black ops that I bought used from them a few months ago... and never played. turns out the disc had a crack in it and they won't take it, time to stop buying games and throwing them on a shelf and not playing them, lol

TIV's from yesterday.

Darkness 2 12$
Borderlands 7$
Red Faction: Armageddon 2$
LOTR: War in the North 6$
Rock Band 3 7$

3DS

Sims 3 Pets 5.50$

Universal HDMI Cable 4$

[quote name='kayne2000']those must of been some crappy beat up controllers lol

[quote name='Toss']

this!!![/QUOTE]

Haha yup. 2 with sticky buttons and one that actually turned itself on after you turned off the Xbox. So after I walk away from shutting off the Xbox, the controller turned back on, which turned the Xbox back on lol.

The Darkness II (X360) has dropped overnight.

TiVs 5/31

x360
The Darkness II - $10.00

Wii
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 - $2.50
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - $3.00
Just Dance Kids 2 - $7.00
Minute To Win It - $4.50
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $6.50

DS
Blue Dragon Plus - $1.50
CSI: Dark Motives - $1.00
Ford Racing 3 - $1.25
Nancy Drew & the Clue Bender Society - $1.25
Paws and Claws Pampered Pets - $1.00
Paws and Claws Pampered Pets 2 - $3.00
Ratatouille - $1.25
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $1.25
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - $1.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - $1.00
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - $1.25
Super Mario 64 DS - $12.00
Super Monkeyball Touch & Roll - $1.75
Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise - $1.75
Zoo Tycoon 2 - $1.50

[quote name='Toss']
Why do you guys even ask? $2 min has been verified here. Just trade in seven check the total once they finish, and keep youir mouth shut. The computer will do it no matter what they say. It's nice the computer totals it in our favor for once.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask. I laid the games on the counter saying I wanted to trade them in, but only wanted to trade in 7 of them (I brought more than needed just in case some values dropped below the threshold since I checked this thread). He says as he is scanning them in that the minimum is $5 for the deal. I just stood there smiling, knowing that he was an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back