Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
6/21
:ps3:New Vegas - $3 (newer date)
:ps3:AC:Revelations - $12 (newer date)
:ps3:SWTFU II - $6 (drop $1 from OP)
:ps3:GTA Episodes from Liberty City - $10 (newer date)
:ps3:LBP 2 - $15 (newer date)

:360:Borderlands - $7 (newer date)

[quote name='polly']Wow, :wii: Pokepark: Pikachu's Adventure - $15

This one rare or something?[/QUOTE]It's a Nintendo title whose MSRP hasn't yet dropped from $49.99.

BB version? why that sku work? oh cashier need to enter it manually?

[quote name='Velo214']just dance 3
360 - 13
wii - 13
ps3 - 12[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cagcag']BB version? why that sku work? oh cashier need to enter it manually?[/QUOTE]From what I've heard, the SKUs are the same and it's really the cover art that differs. Maybe if you think you'll have a problem with the GS employee, you could trade it/them in disc-only?

Traded on 6/21/12
:wii: Wii Sports - $7
:360: Crackdown 2 - $4
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed - $6
:360: Deadliest Warrior - $6
:360: Need for Speed Most Wanted - $14
:360: Dragon Age 2 - $4.50
:ps3: Dragon Age 2 - $4.50

Traded on 6/22/12
:360: 250GB Hard Drive (Slim) - $32
:360: Resident Evil 5 - $6
:360: Venetica - $3
:360: LA Noire - $6
:360: Burnout Revenge - $3.50
:wii: Dead Space Extraction - $3
DS Brave - $10
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 - $3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jgressley']Traded on 6/21/12
:wii: Wii Sports - $7
:360: Crackdown 2 - $4
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed - $6
:360: Deadliest Warrior
:360: Need for Speed Most Wanted - $14
:360: Dragon Age 2 - $4.50
:ps3: Dragon Age 2 - $4.50

Traded on 6/22/12
:360: 250GB Hard Drive (Slim) - $32
:360: Resident Evil 5 - $6
:360: Venetica - $3
:360: LA Noire - $6
:360: Burnout Revenge - $3.50
:wii: Dead Space Extraction - $3
DS Brave - $10
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 - $3[/QUOTE]FYI, you forgot the value for Deadliest Warrior.

[quote name='cagcag']BB version? why that sku work? oh cashier need to enter it manually?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']From what I've heard, the SKUs are the same and it's really the cover art that differs. Maybe if you think you'll have a problem with the GS employee, you could trade it/them in disc-only?[/QUOTE]

Unlike with Amazon trade-in or perhaps even Best Buy, it makes no difference at GS. They will just look it up if it doesn't scan.

[quote name='kayne2000']did you make any money???[/QUOTE]If he bought each one for $11.99 and traded them in for those values, he would have gotten $48 ($38 plus extra $10 for trading in 3 games with TIVs above $3, and possibly another $3.80 w/ extra 10% from PUR membership), so ignoring tax, that's ~$36 -> $48, which isn't a bad profit margin by any means. ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']If he bought each one for $11.99 and traded them in for those values, he would have gotten $48 ($38 plus extra $10 for trading in 3 games with TIVs above $3, and possibly another $3.80 w/ extra 10% from PUR membership), so ignoring tax, that's ~$36 -> $48, which isn't a bad profit margin by any means. ;)[/QUOTE]

interesting. not bad indeed. does gamestop have an official policy on taking multiples of the games? i know ive heard some stories here saying some care some dont is there a policy or is it completely YMMV???

[quote name='kayne2000']interesting. not bad indeed. does gamestop have an official policy on taking multiples of the games? i know ive heard some stories here saying some care some dont is there a policy or is it completely YMMV???[/QUOTE]I think the only official policy is on multiple copies of games on the same console, so having a single copy of Just Dance 3 for each console technically isn't breaking any rules. ;)

They tend not to care about them if they are on different systems. You might raise a few eyebrows though.

Most stores i have been to dont take 2 games on one system though (Unless your a really good customer, i'v only tried it once myself)

[quote name='dgwillia006']They tend not to care about them if they are on different systems. You might raise a few eyebrows though.

Most stores i have been to dont take 2 games on one system though (Unless your a really good customer, i'v only tried it once myself)[/QUOTE]For a game like Just Dance 3, though, you might have an easier time--due to its sheer popularity, I think you could get away with just shrugging if an employee looks at you quizzically or asks you why you have multiple copies on different systems.

[quote name='Vigilante']For a game like Just Dance 3, though, you might have an easier time--due to its sheer popularity, I think you could get away with just shrugging if an employee looks at you quizzically or asks you why you have multiple copies on different systems.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i did that during the Batman:AC for 10$ at Best Buy incident. Employee asked why i had the game on both systems, and i just gave him a Kanye shrug.

yeah we just talked about games and he didn't say a thing. the manager was like argleargle, but i just smiled at her and was like whatwhat?

n yeah i needed 3 more games to hit 7/35, so these just worked out perfect.
more data from today
360 borderlands - 7.00
360 call of duty 4 modern warfare - 4.00
ps3 deadliest warriors - 6.00
ps3 saints row the third - 17.00

wootwoot. only game i didnt super profit was sr3 which i got for 20ish, but eh. was hoping for a goty sr3 but i heard enter the dominatrix was cancelled so i might just pick up again super cheap someday. peace cags

Wow, had a dipshit preorder attempt. Only took in three games for the 3/10, knowing all of the games were well over the $3 mark. She totaled it up while I was watching the little credit screen, the 10 bonus popped on, and then quickly vanished. She then proceeded to "tell me" about the $10 preorder promo that my trades qualify for. Translated: she was trying to benefit herself by trying to dupe me into applying my already existing $10 bonus into a preorder or two. I called her on it, and she quickly finished up my transaction and said little more than "Have a nice day."

Pretty shitty tactics, if you ask me...

BTW -

:wii: Wii Sports Resort - 14.00
:360: Left 4 Dead - 11.00
:360: Deadliest Warrior - 6.00

I just traded in three games for the extra $10 extra. I'm looking at the reciept and i don't see a 10 promo but looks like i got 3.34 extra for each game so did they just split it up into the 3 games is that how it works?

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I just traded in three games for the extra $10 extra. I'm looking at the reciept and i don't see a 10 promo but looks like i got 3.34 extra for each game so did they just split it up into the 3 games is that how it works?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the $10 is divided by the number of traded games and added to each one.

You could say that the reason for having multiple games is that you were trying to get the Trophies/Achievements on both systems and completed it =P

Can we please put in the OP (not that anyone will actually read it) that there is no OFFICIAL policy on how many of the same game you can trade in at once? As one guy stated, he's traded in 15 of the same game at one time. Our DM tells us no more than 2 per system, but that comes from HIM. If I really felt like it, I could take as many as I want. It's 100000% YMMV, and dependent on your store.

:3ds:
Madden NFL Football - $7
Sims 3 - $5

:ds:
Brave - $10

...plus other stuff already reported today. No changes...

I had a new clerk I'd never seen before and he tried to sell me a preorder (since most of the ones who know me don't bother asking). I had already told him right up front that I had 7 games for the trade 7 deal and then at the end he asked me if I knew about the promos and I said I was aware of the trade 7 one. He then proceeded to tell me that to get a promo trade-in boost I needed to preorder something to get the 30%. When I refused, he told me I got a trade-in boost from the trade 7 deal ;). It's like he just completely ignored what I was saying. Then he tried to get me to add another year to my PUR. Dude, I appreciate that you need to sell those, but I just renewed 2 months early so I have 14 more months. It is beyond annoying to push for another year at that point.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Anyone ever bought a Refurb Kinect from Gamestop? They have them on sale right now for 79.99 and it is so tempting sigh...[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought a used one but I don't think I would be worried. I haven't heard much about failure with them so I wouldn't be worried about buying one refurbished. I say go with it if that's what you want it's a pretty good price.

TIV Report 6/23

:ps3:
Deadliest Warrior $6
Dead Space 2 $8
TDU2 $4.50

:360:
Dragon Age 2 $4
Kinect Sports $7
Crackdown 2 $4

:wii:
HOTD Overkill $4.50

PS3
Dragon Age II- 4.50
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis- 6.00

Call of Duty 4- 4.00
Rayman Orgins- 9.00
Xbox Triple Pack- 4.50
Borderlands GOTY- 11.00
Dragon Age II- 4.00

I haven't seen this posted yet...has anyone tried or know the value of a Sony Dualshock 3 controller. Thinking about getting rid of the extra one that I have. Thanks for anyone who responds.

[quote name='yepsryd']I haven't seen this posted yet...has anyone tried or know the value of a Sony Dualshock 3 controller. Thinking about getting rid of the extra one that I have. Thanks for anyone who responds.[/QUOTE]
Right from the OP:

DualShock PS3 Controller - $20 (6/4/12)

[quote name='Tsel']Right from the OP:

DualShock PS3 Controller - $20 (6/4/12)[/QUOTE]

That is the first place I USUALLY look. Thank you for the answer to the lame question.

Can you guys help me out? I traded in 19 games the other week for this promo. I would've assumed the breakdown would've been 7/7/5, but on the receipt it was 7/5/3/3 and one left off, which kinda blew my mind. Is there anyway to fix this?

[quote name='panda911']Can you guys help me out? I traded in 19 games the other week for this promo. I would've assumed the breakdown would've been 7/7/5, but on the receipt it was 7/5/3/3 and one left off, which kinda blew my mind. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]
It's been discussed in this thread a lot, but the 7/35 bonus is only on the first set of seven since the ad specifically states 7+ and not in multiples of 7. So to get the $35 bonus you have to have separate transactions of 7 games.

Base Values for 6/23

PS3
Prototype - 10
Resistance - 7
Time Crisis Razing Storm - 6

Mass Effect - 12
Star Wars TFU2 - 6
Borderlands - 7
Borderlands GOTY - 11
Left 4 Dead - 11
Left 4 dead 2 - 15
The Simpsons Game - 4.5
Darksiders - 6
Deadliest Warrior - 6
Dragon Age 2 - 4
COD4 - 4
Bully - 11
Syndicate - 8

Wii
Mario Kart Wii - 17
Tatsunoko vs capcom - 7
Wii Sports Resort - 13
Wii Sports - 7

PS2
GTA San Andreas - 6.00

PS3
Uncharted 3 - 13.00
Resistance 3 - 7.00

Castlevania: LOS - 4.50

Wii
Mario Kart - 17.00

DS
New Super Mario Bros - 14.00
Mario Kart - 14.00

And since the "I hate Gamestop" threads keep dropping off:
Well, I am officially done shopping at my regular Gamestop. Ever since the old manager left/got fired/whatever, that store has gone to absolute shit.

To start off this wonderful experience, I brought in a few games I picked up over the past week various sales, and to pick up a few games to flip to BB. Upon walking into the store, there are Xbox 360 cases strewn all over the floor. Off to a good start.

I go up to the counter to trade in the games and asked the guy, who could easily win the douche of the year award, to make sure that the games were at least $3 so I'll qualify for the 7/35 promo. He asked if I had a PUR card, and after telling him "yeah," he responds with "Good. I had to make someone get one earlier today." Clever.

He rings everything through and says that I qualify for the $30 bonus. What? I attempted to correct him about it being $35, and he just simply points to the dry erase board behind him that says "Trade 3 games get and extra $10, 5 ... $20, 7 ... $30 etc" He said that I probably get $35 after I factor in my 10% bonus. Instead of arguing with him, I decide to just let it go and wait until I can see the numbers for myself. :roll:

He gives me my total, which is only a few dollars short of my estimate (based on TIVs on Page 1), and I later confirmed that I did indeed get $35 bonus. But on to the fun part:

Finding the games I'm after... The two guys working were too busy clowning around with their friends that were in the store to even bother to help, so I was on my own. First stop, PS3 games! Well, looking at the rest of the store, I should have been prepared. Apparently, the employees have taken the liberty of converting the simple system of alphabetizing into some abstract cryptography, where Uncharted comes right next to Homefront, and then is joined on the other side by it's neighbor Call of Duty, with no real rhyme or reason to the placement of games. I quickly gave up and moved on to the Wii games.

What a miscalculation this was... Same mess, different alphabet with the added bonus of a "14.99 and under" bin that contained a little but of everything. Once again, I didn't find anything I was after and gave up the search. Last stop, DS games!

Amazingly, I found 4 of the 5 games I was looking for, most likely due to the slight organization to this portion of the trainwreck. The only thing that concerned me was that one of the "new" games had a generic case, but I figured it may have been a placeholder for a sealed copy. But my newfound enthusiasm will have it's life cut short..

I take my few treasures up to the counter, and ask the kid about the few wii and PS3 games I couldn't find. He goes to the computer and finds that they have them. He leisurely makes his way to the drawers to look for them, along with the other games I had cases for. He finds with Wii and PS3 games, but says he has no cases. Fine, whatever.

He then spends another 5 minutes looking for my other games before getting the idea to check the computer. Two of the games they didn't have, one he said he may have, but the kicker is the "New" game. He brings the cartridge over and proceeds to stick it in the generic case that had a "New" label on it. I questioned him and he said "It's our last copy, and there is no case for it." What? So now Gamestop doesn't even hold on to the gutted cases for their "New" games??

I told him to just forget it, and put the credit on my card. I promptly left, with no intention of returning to that store. It's a shame that in the span of less than two months, a store can go from being one of the best in the region, to being worse than even the most ghetto of Gamestops.

yeah i hate gamestop. they keep asking me why i am trading in these games, and why i am buying these games. it's like ugh, just sell or take them, don't talk to me like 50 questions like some jr detective.

my girl laughs at me, cuz iv accumulated over $300 credit in the past week or so. she's like oh great, wtf are we gonna do with all that credit again. lol. last time i blew it all on an extra ps3, lol.

oh yeah and while im there buying a copy of starhawk the employee complains that he never got an online pass when he 'rented' the game from the store. im like well hopefully i get an online pass for the used copy, cuz i dont want to spend $10. and they were like ugh and saying they never sold it used so i should be that lucky if i do get a code.

gamestop employees, i mean, i hate to generalize, but they seem to be so douchey. i knew ina was a cute worker chic, and i have had some cool hippie gamer friends that worked/managed gamestops, but the majority are just jerks to their own customers.
peace all and thankx jp always

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i hate gamestop. they keep asking me why i am trading in these games, and why i am buying these games. it's like ugh, just sell or take them, don't talk to me like 50 questions like some jr detective.

my girl laughs at me, cuz iv accumulated over $300 credit in the past week or so. she's like oh great, wtf are we gonna do with all that credit again. lol. last time i blew it all on an extra ps3, lol.

oh yeah and while im there buying a copy of starhawk the employee complains that he never got an online pass when he 'rented' the game from the store. im like well hopefully i get an online pass for the used copy, cuz i dont want to spend $10. and they were like ugh and saying they never sold it used so i should be that lucky if i do get a code.

gamestop employees, i mean, i hate to generalize, but they seem to be so douchey. i knew ina was a cute worker chic, and i have had some cool hippie gamer friends that worked/managed gamestops, but the majority are just jerks to their own customers.
peace all and thankx jp always[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a regional thing. The people at the Gamestop near me (most of them, anyways!) are very cool people who I actually have on my friends list on psn. Guess it varies from place to place.

Yeah, as far as I know all the ones around me are great. Heck, my local one is awesome. Today the guy gave me a few haggling tips he said works for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back