Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']For $15 I was expecting at least a medium sized pizza. Not 2 dinky slices. Gamestop wont be getting my business again.

Gamestop = Fail[/QUOTE]

If you combo this up with a B2G1 free and the PUR 10% though, you can get 5/8ths a pizza for a bit under $30. Not that bad really considering a large pizza is $5-$12.

The worst part of that is that the trade in date was 06-29-11 based on the code on the price tag. Unless this picture is 6 months old, that is some seriously stale pizza! lol...

[quote name='TylerDurden313']
IJlTe.jpg

I wonder what the TIV was? Do you think Dominos will start including Online Passes with every delivery to avoid resale?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you could get away with buying those yummy slices, and then just slipping some cheap store-bought PathMark pizza into the bag and return it within 14 days.

[quote name='JP']I'm curious as to what the refurb charge is, if it's missing some toppings or the crust.[/QUOTE]

They sell is as a DIY kit on the side. Mushrooms, olives, cheese, etc. are 9.99 an ingredient, plus an extra charge if you use the in-store microwave.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Does anyone know what just the game for the skylanders 3ds trades for? Or would u be required to trade in the whole package?[/QUOTE]

They don't have it listed as preowned online, so I'd guess they don't even take it at all.

I am debaintg on WHAT to do. I original pre ordered FFXIII-2 collector edition for 360 at gamestop. Beofre I went to pick it up I noticed that there is $30 bonus for the normal edition of the game at amazon... I can stand the different of 20 between normal and special but maybe not $50 lol... I jump on the deal and pick up my order.. with a gift receipt. I also see within the next month the game is worth at least 30 to gamestop,

I am think would the wise thing to do is: play the amazon copy and then trade it to gamestop for technically free rental and just return the collector edition on 30 th days just in case a price drop happen.

TiVs 1/31

XBox 360
Hellboy: Science of Evil - $1.00
Heroes Over Europe - $6.00
NHL 2K9 - $1.25
Summer Athletics - $0.75

Wii
Balloon Pop - $2.25
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (New Play Control) - $9.00
Go Play Circus Star - $0.75
Spectrobes: Origins - $1.50

PS3
Cabela's Outdoor Adventure - $5.00
Shaun White Snowboarding - $0.75
Wall-E - $1.50
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009 - $1.50

DS
Littlest Pet Shop Spring - $5.00
Lost in the Blue 3 - $1.00
Margo's Word Brain - $0.75
Pogo Island - $1.50

PSP
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - $3.00
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - $5.00
Sims 2: Castaway - $3.00

[quote name='anthonyd46']Does anyone know what just the game for the skylanders 3ds trades for? Or would u be required to trade in the whole package?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop does not take anything Skylanders in trade.

60 GB(Full Hardware BC with PS2 guts inside)- $60 (1/28/12)

I traded the PS3 for $150 towards a new PS3... the promo amount was $90, so that would make the base value $60.

TiVs 2/1

Xbox 360
Cabela's Outdoor Adventures - $5.00
Call of Duty: World at War - $2.25
CSI: Deadly Intent - $4.00
SBK: Superbike World Championship - $1.50

Wii
Attack of the Movies 3D - $1.50
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - $1.50
Littlest Pet Shop - $4.00
Pitfall: The Big Adventure - $4.00

PS3
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $3.50
Planet 51: The Game - $4.00
Resistance 2 - $2.00
Top Spin 3 - $2.00

DS
Digimon World Championship - $4.00
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals - $4.00
Mega Man Star Force Pegasus - $1.25
Pokemon Dash - $3.00

PSP
Cabela's Legendary Adventures - $2.25
Flatout: Head On - $2.00
Godfather: Mob Wars - $2.00
Lego Indiana Jones - $2.50
Monster Hunter Freedom - $1.25
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $2.00
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - $4.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $4.50

Working on updating values in lists and database.

Also, I wanted to thank the people in this thread as somehow you guys got me listed on both CAG Community and Speedy 1961 Dealbuster Award Nominees. Since this is my primary residence on the board it had to be the people who come in here regularly and I want to thank you all for getting me on those lists. Nice surprise and I thank you all.

probably not the right place to ask this but I figure someone here will know just as well... the xbox live 12 month on gamestop.com has been on sale for awhile, does anyone know when that ends?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Nintendo 3DS System- $75
HDMI Cable- $4
Call of Duty MW 3 Xbox 360- $20
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS- $16[/QUOTE]

For the 3DS is it Ambassador enabled - or post-price drop 3ds? Or it doesnt matter?

So I had a big trade-in last week (Jan. 26) taking advantage of the console trade-in and 40% game trade-in bonuses in order to upgrade to a new PS3. When estimating my total trade-in value, I noticed many of the games I wanted to trade in were outdated in the database. Hope this helps others looking to trade in some of their older games!

BASE TRADE-IN VALUES:

:ps3: Dualshock 3 Controller - $16
:ds: DS Lite System - $20
:ds: Pokemon White - $12
:gc: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $8
:gc: Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - $4.50

The rest of the values are all for the :360: Xbox 360 :360:
Xbox 360 System (white launch model) w/Wireless Controller - $35
60GB HD - $3
Saint's Row 1 - $2
Kung Fu Panda - $0.40
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $5
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $0.20
Godfather II - $4
UFC 2010 - $4
Madden NFL 2009 - $0.10
Call of Duty 3 - $1.25
Gears of War 2 - $1.50
Grand Theft Auto IV (vanilla) - $6
Super Street Fighter IV - $3
Need for Speed: The Run - $11
Fable III - $2.50
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $3

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Nintendo 3DS System- $75
HDMI Cable- $4
Call of Duty MW 3 Xbox 360- $20
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS- $16[/QUOTE]

Gamestop takes HDMI cables? Do they have to be a certain brand?

[quote name='NeuronalState']Gamestop takes HDMI cables? Do they have to be a certain brand?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Size and brand matter not. I just dumped off two extra cheapies the other day.

Can anyone who follows this thread comment on the frequency of the console trade-in promos? Is the $40 bonus likely to be as good as it gets for a while, or is the $100 minimum promo fairly common? My 360 is looking like its on its last legs. Thanks.

[quote name='Vanacloud']For the 3DS is it Ambassador enabled - or post-price drop 3ds? Or it doesnt matter?[/QUOTE]

Does not matter, and hdmi question was answered.

[quote name='ArttyG12']Can anyone who follows this thread comment on the frequency of the console trade-in promos? Is the $40 bonus likely to be as good as it gets for a while, or is the $100 minimum promo fairly common? My 360 is looking like its on its last legs. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was looking to know this, as well.

Kind of related question here: Today I bought a used and a new game from Gamestop. My power up rewards had just expired last month. For some reason, the employee told me that the renewal would only cost $4.99. The receipt actually does say $4.99 with a $10 off promo.

Is this something that's just offered right now or is this always offered as an incentive to renew?

[quote name='jling84']Kind of related question here: Today I bought a used and a new game from Gamestop. My power up rewards had just expired last month. For some reason, the employee told me that the renewal would only cost $4.99. The receipt actually does say $4.99 with a $10 off promo.

Is this something that's just offered right now or is this always offered as an incentive to renew?[/QUOTE]
If this is true and nationwide I will be renewing this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='klimb22']If this is true and nationwide I will be renewing this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dunno why they offered this. I wasn't trading anything in or anything so it wasn't one of those tricky GS employee scams where they say it'll only cost you $5 because they are counting the $10 you would be getting extra from a trade-in or something.

I also had a 20% off used coupon that I had received from GS in an email recently. But nothing on that said anything about a discounted renewal. So all in all, I got 30% (20% from my coupon and 10% from my PUR) off my used game (Persona PSP) and only paid $4.99 for my renewal for another year.

EDIT: I believe the 20% coupon is the one that is generally given out when it nears your birthday. Is this coupon reusable or just once per account?

[quote name='jling84']Yeah dunno why they offered this. I wasn't trading anything in or anything so it wasn't one of those tricky GS employee scams where they say it'll only cost you $5 because they are counting the $10 you would be getting extra from a trade-in or something.

I also had a 20% off used coupon that I had received from GS in an email recently. But nothing on that said anything about a discounted renewal. So all in all, I got 30% (20% from my coupon and 10% from my PUR) off my used game (Persona PSP) and only paid $4.99 for my renewal for another year.

EDIT: I believe the 20% coupon is the one that is generally given out when it nears your birthday. Is this coupon reusable or just once per account?[/QUOTE]

Weird. Not sure why they gave you a $10 promo off the PUR renewal. As for the birthday coupon, the code should be unique so you only get 1 per year.

To the guy that got the $10 discount on his PUR:
The Gamestop near my house is amazing, for the last two years when my subscription ran out, they renewed my friend's for free when he traded in a game or bought something. Same thing happened to me last time I went with him. I think its something the managers do to good customers (or friends?).

My friend was given a similar offer years ago when subscriptions cost $12, he got it for $2 after discount. I've been a regular at my gamestop for years and I've never been given such an offer

[quote name='Ness3']To the guy that got the $10 discount on his PUR:
The Gamestop near my house is amazing, for the last two years when my subscription ran out, they renewed my friend's for free when he traded in a game or bought something. Same thing happened to me last time I went with him. I think its something the managers do to good customers (or friends?).[/QUOTE]
But what was the game they traded in going for on the shelf and/or trading in for? They used to pull that rigamarole with the soccer moms n their kids around here. The card would be 'free' with the trades they were doing that day, but more than likely if you looked on the receipt it'd had a $14.99 deduction for it someplace.

[quote name='sasukekun']Weird. Not sure why they gave you a $10 promo off the PUR renewal. As for the birthday coupon, the code should be unique so you only get 1 per year.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, no double dipping then. It was a pretty awesome coupon though. I ended up getting Persona PSP for $14.xx.

[quote name='Ness3']To the guy that got the $10 discount on his PUR:
The Gamestop near my house is amazing, for the last two years when my subscription ran out, they renewed my friend's for free when he traded in a game or bought something. Same thing happened to me last time I went with him. I think its something the managers do to good customers (or friends?).[/QUOTE]

Yeah are you sure they didn't pull the old "You are trading in $150 dollars worth of games today, but you don't have PUR. If you did you would get another $15, which would basically give you the PUR for free!" trick? Except of course they don't explain all that to you. I've had employees try to play that trick on me at least 5 times.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But what was the game they traded in going for on the shelf and/or trading in for? They used to pull that rigamarole with the soccer moms n their kids around here. The card would be 'free' with the trades they were doing that day, but more than likely if you looked on the receipt it'd had a $14.99 deduction for it someplace.[/QUOTE]

Yup that's exactly what I suspected at first too because I've had them try to pull that on me before. Each and every time I tell them, but it's not really free right? You are just taking $15 of my extra trade credit.

However, I only bought things this time (1 sealed Persona 2 PSP, and 1 used Persona 1 PSP) and made no trade ins whatsoever. My subscription does indeed say $4.99 with a $10 promo discount underneath it. I also got the full 30% off my used game purchase (regular price was $19.99). I couldn't believe it so I asked him so many times and made sure that it would still give me the 12 issues of Gameinformer as well.

[quote name='jling84']

Yup that's exactly what I suspected at first too because I've had them try to pull that on me before. Each and every time I tell them, but it's not really free right? You are just taking $15 of my extra trade credit.

[/QUOTE]

But how exactly is it not free? You don't have that extra credit and can't get it without the card, once they put the card on you get the extra credit that you wouldn't have gotten. It's not a "trick" it's a card for you using credit they were not going to give you without it.

[quote name='jling84']Ah I see, no double dipping then. It was a pretty awesome coupon though. I ended up getting Persona PSP for $14.xx.

Yeah are you sure they didn't pull the old "You are trading in $150 dollars worth of games today, but you don't have PUR. If you did you would get another $15, which would basically give you the PUR for free!" trick? Except of course they don't explain all that to you. I've had employees try to play that trick on me at least 5 times.

However, I only bought things this time (1 sealed Persona 2 PSP, and 1 used Persona 1 PSP) and made no trade ins whatsoever. My subscription does indeed say $4.99 with a $10 promo discount underneath it. I also got the full 30% off my used game purchase (regular price was $19.99). I couldn't believe it so I asked him so many times and made sure that it would still give me the 12 issues of Gameinformer as well.[/QUOTE]

except if you are trading in enough to get an extra $15 from edge (which would be lke $150 of stuff being traded in), then it actually is free. in which case you'd be stupid to not do it. even if you aren't trading $150, and instead trading $100 or so, it's probably worth it to get it anyways since you'll only be paying about $5 for PUR+ GI subscription. and PUR now has the rewards program, %10 used discount, and GI so for $5 if you trade/buy from GameStop a lot, it's worth it. I even feel it's worth the full $15 for a year, if you frequent gamestop.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']except if you are trading in enough to get an extra $15 from edge (which would be lke $150 of stuff being traded in), then it actually is free. in which case you'd be stupid to not do it. even if you aren't trading $150, and instead trading $100 or so, it's probably worth it to get it anyways since you'll only be paying about $5 for PUR+ GI subscription. and PUR now has the rewards program, %10 used discount, and GI so for $5 if you trade/buy from GameStop a lot, it's worth it. I even feel it's worth the full $15 for a year, if you frequent gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Well said sir.

[quote name='jling84']Yeah are you sure they didn't pull the old "You are trading in $150 dollars worth of games today, but you don't have PUR. If you did you would get another $15, which would basically give you the PUR for free!" trick? Except of course they don't explain all that to you. I've had employees try to play that trick on me at least 5 times.[/QUOTE]

What am I missing here? Even if you can't stand Game Informer and relish going on emoticon-filled rants about GS, if you buy/trade more than $150 in used stuff in a year the PUR card pays. It's not a "trick."

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']except if you are trading in enough to get an extra $15 from edge (which would be lke $150 of stuff being traded in), then it actually is free. in which case you'd be stupid to not do it. even if you aren't trading $150, and instead trading $100 or so, it's probably worth it to get it anyways since you'll only be paying about $5 for PUR+ GI subscription. and PUR now has the rewards program, %10 used discount, and GI so for $5 if you trade/buy from GameStop a lot, it's worth it. I even feel it's worth the full $15 for a year, if you frequent gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I agree of course you would get it because it is credit you would not have otherwise received, but it is still not truly free. Free would be to give me 165 on a 150 tradein, not the 150 I would have gotten even without a membership. The 10 off i got is closer to being free because it didnt involve taking 10 of my credit, it was just a flat 10 off for doing nothing.

[quote name='vafongulo']Does anyone the base trade in value for 4gb Xbox 360 slim? The front page value ($55) seems too low.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure but that might be right, I think they get a ton of 360s traded in.

I traded my 360 250GB in when they had the last bonus $50 and I got a bit over $100 if I remember correctly and this was before Christmas. I think they'll tell you over the phone if you just want to call them up and ask.

[quote name='vafongulo']Does anyone the base trade in value for 4gb Xbox 360 slim? The front page value ($55) seems too low.[/QUOTE]

Seems about right to me. Last weekend I was offered $35 for my old 20gb pro model before I did the $100 trade up promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back