Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aj slick']Epic Mickey Wii $9-
Goldeneye 007 Wii $10-
Assassins Creed Brothahood 360 $7-[/QUOTE]

Nice on the Goldeneye. I'm getting 2 of those tomorrow :D

I shall add to the list of Blockbuster stuff we'll be seeing here for awhile. Traded Today

:360:

Fable III - $5
Dragon Age II - $7
WWE SvR 2011 - $9

:ps3:

Just Cause 2 - $7
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $7
WWE SvR 2011 - $8

:wii:

Kirby's Epic Yarn - $4 :cry:
Monopoly Streets - $8
Wii Party - $10

:ds:

Lego Pirates - $9

[quote name='strait edge follower']30/2 = 15 than 30+15 =45

Oww my head hurts from all of that number crunching. Oh and promos dont stack :)[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='tindall311']xbox360:

Borderlands GOTY - $9
Rage - $12[/QUOTE]

$12 for rage? Wtf...did they really get that many trade ins for it?

[quote name='frpilot']i got a quote for xbox core + wireless controller at $45 on monday. still thinking about if i should trade mine in or not. someone else confirmed it was $45 also 2 days ago.

that will be $45 + 50 bonus.[/QUOTE]

I realize this post is a few days old now, but thank you very much for your willingness to help me out (instead of making snotty remarks).

Thought I posted this, but can't find it so I probably forgot to hit submit. :D

All base values from today:

:360:
Child of Eden $10
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 $6
Split Second $5
Alan Wake $5
Dance Central $15

:ds:
Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars $5
Super Mario 64 DS $9
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness $4
Mario Kart DS $11
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 Miniland Mayhem $11
Henry Hatsworth $1.50

[quote name='Lupin the Third']I realize this post is a few days old now, but thank you very much for your willingness to help me out (instead of making snotty remarks).[/QUOTE]

yw. finally decided to trade in my mw2 fat console tomorrow and take the $95. can't really see doing better without the hassle of ebay.

[quote name='lifesun2001']Can confirm $95 total trade in for my 360 arcade yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Three days ago I was able to trade in my OLD Xenon 360, one that I bought back in 2006, first hardware edition and no HDMI port. It had gone in to microsoft once years ago for the RROD, they fixed it and installed an x-clamp. A few months ago I opened it up to put grease on the dvd tray mechanism because it was having a hard time opening the tray, since it was already opened up I also did the 12v fan mod, and put new thermal paste on the cpu & gpu. The warranty seal was carefully lifted with a heat gun, so it looked almost intact, but there were marks from a screwdriver on the rear tabs by the serial number sticker. The chick at gamestop got suspicious when she saw the screwdriver marks, but when she checked the warranty sticker she tried to lift it up a bit with her fingernail, so I said "hey I thought that sticker is supposed to stay intact". She gave up and put the faceplate back on. I had called earlier to ask about the trade in promotion with the extra $50, I was told $45 with the wireless controller, and $40 with a wired one, plus the $50 of course. At first this chick handling the transaction wanted to only give me $35 + $50 because of the wired controller, but when she checked her computer it did come up as $40 + $50 for a wired controller console. With only a $5 difference I opted to give them an old (never used) madcatz wired controller, for those $5 I got to keep my wireless controller. Walked out of there with a gift/trade in card for $90, not bad for an old xenon 360 that was probably on its last months/weeks of life. I intended to use the card to buy the 4gb slim for $149 on black friday, but I ended up selling the card to one of my co-workers for $90, she's going to use it as a gift for her son. So now, I'm planning on going to walmart on black friday(thursday) to score a 4gb slim/kinect bundle for $199 + the $50 gift card. If that works out it won't be a bad way to turn an old 360 into a new slim + kinect. :D

Also, about the guy that was quoted a much lower price because of some stickers, my console had a bunch of stickers on the top. No deduction for the stickers at all, she didn't even mention them.

[quote name='erickdj'], but I ended up selling the card to one of my co-workers for $90, she's going to use it as a gift for her son. [/QUOTE]

This lady is an idiot. Who pays $90 for a $90 Gamestop gift card?

Just traded in my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) 32GB and its value was $80. $104 after 30% promo - not too bad for a no effort cash in on an item I haven't touched in more than a year.

[quote name='Verloren']Just traded in my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) 32GB and its value was $80. $104 after 30% promo - not too bad for a no effort cash in on an item I haven't touched in more than a year.[/QUOTE]

hey what quality was your ipod? I have a 2nd gen 64 gb with scratches on the back that I I wouldn't mind getting 100+ bucks for.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']This lady is an idiot. Who pays $90 for a $90 Gamestop gift card?[/QUOTE]

she's not, she already had planned to get a gamestop giftcard for her son as a gift, I saved her a trip to gamestop.

11/19 Base Values

Xbox 360 Console with wireless controller - $45

Wii - Kirby's Epic Yarn - $4
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $14

Question regarding PUR coupons - I have 15k points that I was going to redeem for a $10 and $5 off coupon. Would I be able to use both in the same transaction? And are they usable on sale items? My plan was to apply them on black Friday towards the $150 Slim console.

[quote name='debbter']yah, is the 50 percent ymmv? i freaking need that deal ,im broke as hell!!![/QUOTE]

It's only at select stores usually ones right across the street from a Best Buy. The email should tell you the closest store that's doing it (or at least it did last time.)

Trade in's today -

Halo Anniversary Edition - $18.00
DJ Hero (XBOX 360) - $.50
Rock Band 3 (360) - $5.00

(PS2)
Odin Sphere - $2.25
Twisted Metal Head On/Black: $2.25
Beyond Good and Evil - $.75
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition - $2.00

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's only at select stores usually ones right across the street from a Best Buy. The email should tell you the closest store that's doing it (or at least it did last time.)[/QUOTE]

Is there a link that shows you a list of eligible gs'?

Traded in today (11/19/11)

PS3
Everybody Dance $11.00

Xbox360
Wireless MS controller $12.00
Wired headset $3.00

Apple (if anyone cares)
1st Gen Shuffle (512MB) $5.00
1st Gen Shuffle (1GB) $5.00

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']hey what quality was your ipod? I have a 2nd gen 64 gb with scratches on the back that I I wouldn't mind getting 100+ bucks for.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't too bad, only had a small 1/4" scuff on the back and a couple of minor scratches. The clerk only glanced at it and plugged it in before telling me it was worth 80 bucks + 30% with my PUR.

[quote name='Verloren']Just traded in my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) 32GB and its value was $80. $104 after 30% promo - not too bad for a no effort cash in on an item I haven't touched in more than a year.[/QUOTE]

I thought ipods did not count towards any promos since it is not a game. The 30% was towards one of the new released games?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I thought ipods did not count towards any promos since it is not a game. The 30% was towards one of the new released games?[/QUOTE]

There's a separate 30% bonus for iPods/iPads/iPhones this weekend.

[quote name='dino88']There's a separate 30% bonus for iPods/iPads/iPhones this weekend.[/QUOTE]

For real...I better trade in my 1st gen 16 gig then. I'm pretty sure the tiv is lower now though, but its better than just it sitting around in my room collecting dust.

Is their a coupon to print out or it should be automatic in the system?

I can verify the 30% extra for iPods - I got a whopping $1.50 extra but still it is there right now.

It was automatic although I did get an e-mail from Gamestop telling me about it that I was going to show them if they didn't offer it to me.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I think the special "select store" 50% bonus TIV towards pre-owned product ended yesterday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Traded at 2 stores today and got the 50% bonus.

PS3 80GB 2 USB still $60 base. Traded mine in after using my slim the past couple of days. It's silent compared to my phat.

:ps3:Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 $20 base, didn't trade it in.

11/19 TIVs

360 -

Bass Pro Fishing Rod (from Rapala bundle) - $4.00
F1: 2010 - $10.00
Transformers : Dark of the Moon - $13.00
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011 - $9.00

PS3 -

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - $7.00
Transformers : War for Cybertron - $7.00

Wii -

Disney Epic Mickey - $9.00
Just Dance : Summer Party - $11.00
The Biggest Loser - $5.00

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I think the special "select store" 50% bonus TIV towards pre-owned product ended yesterday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]
Sunday is the last day of the promo. Its time for my crappy thor game to say goodbye tommorow

So I somehow missed the deadline for the tiered trade ins. Anyone know if Gamestop usually has more trade in bonuses after Thanksgiving? Or should I trade in now?

TiVs 11/19

X360
Dead Rising 2 - $7
R.U.S.E. - $8

Wii
Goldeneye 007 - $10
Sesame Street: Cookie's Counting Carnival - $5

PS3
Dead To Rights: Retribution - $9
Dragon Age: Origins - $5

DS
Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 1 - $5
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 - $10

11/20/11

:ds: Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure - $1.95
:ps2: Final Fantasy X-2 - $1.95
:ps2: Dragon Quest VIII - $3.25
:psp: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - $3.90
:ps3: Warhawk - $1.30
:wii: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - $7.80
:ps2: Shadow of the Colossus - $6.50
:ps2: Spider-Man 2: The Game - $1.90
:ds: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - $3.90
:ds: Ninjatown - $3.25
:ps3: Folklore - $6.50
:wii: Regular Wii Remote - $4.00

I traded-in my iPod touch today, and they didn't give me my 30% bonus for it. What should I do about this? Is there an e-mail address I can contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back