Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Few values

Bust a Move Universe 5$ (3DS)
Nintendogs Golden Retriever 12$ (3DS)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions 10$ (PS3)

Spiderman definitely surprised me with that value o_O, i would have thought it was much lower by now

TiVs 11/28

Mortal Kombat (X360) - $16
Call of Duty Black Ops (PS3) - $10

TiVs 11/27

Crackdown 2 (X360) - $4
MySims (Wii) - $5
Shaun White Skateboarding (Wii) - $5
Dragon Age Origins (PS3) - $5
Atari Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (DS) - $5
Hot Wheels Beat That (DS) - $6
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (PSP) - $7

I got a question conerning trading in assassin creed revelation. Online it stated the $30 trade in value till like 2012 but when I call in today they say it is only $27. Can anyone verify?

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got a question conerning trading in assassin creed revelation. Online it stated the $30 trade in value till like 2012 but when I call in today they say it is only $27. Can anyone verify?[/QUOTE]
$30 is a promo, $27 is base. The $30 promo will not stack with any other offer.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got a question conerning trading in assassin creed revelation. Online it stated the $30 trade in value till like 2012 but when I call in today they say it is only $27. Can anyone verify?[/QUOTE]

yea, the $30 is a promo. you can either get the 27 and then a 30 percent bonus or whatever bonuses there are, or you can get the $30 and then your edge card which'll total to about $32.70. you're probably better off going for $27 and finding a tiered trade in or something like that

edit: late... what he said^

TiVs 11/29

X360
Battlestations: Pacific - $14
Import Tuner Challenge - $3
Knight's Contract - $11
Way of the Samurai 3 - $6

Wii
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $14
Naruto Shippuden Clash Ninja Revolution 3 - $5
Pro Bull Riders: Out of the Chute - $1

PS3
Major League Baseball 2K11 - $11
Tony Hawk: Ride - $0.75

3DS
Madden NFL Football - $7
Ridge Racer 3D - $5
Sims 3 - $7

DS
Battleship/Connect 4/Sorry/Trouble - $4
Scrabble - $11
Worms Open Warfare - $1.50
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08 - $5

PSP
Lord of Arcana - $7
NBA Live 09 - $1.50
Yu-gi-oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 - $5

It's a little bit strange that Battlestations: Pacific, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08, Madden NFL Football, and Sims 3 would all go up in TiV, but it happens.

[quote name='Robotechnology']TIV base 11/29/11

Xbox 360 System w/wireless cont $35

Would have royally sucked without the current 50-buck promo.[/QUOTE]

Sucks it dropped $10 I went to trade mine in yesterday and realized I have no video cables for it as I traded um in long ago just HDMI cables. So I gotta wait till my Kinect bundles arrives tomorrow..

Thanks for update though! I wouldn't be surprised if it drops again by the weekend as people are going to be getting all their online 360 bundles in the mail and lots dumping their old systems with the promo.

Hope I don't get flamed for asking, I try to avoid gamestop overall, but I have a Core xbox 360, I sold the hard drive seperatly. The value for that on the first page was listed as 45 with 1 wireless controller, I also have the original box and the cables but the controller has a stuck bumper. I also noticed the extra $50 trade in for an xbox or ps3, would I get 95 for the console and controller? Thanks for any replies.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Hope I don't get flamed for asking, I try to avoid gamestop overall, but I have a Core xbox 360, I sold the hard drive seperatly. The value for that on the first page was listed as 45 with 1 wireless controller, I also have the original box and the cables but the controller has a stuck bumper. I also noticed the extra $50 trade in for an xbox or ps3, would I get 95 for the console and controller? Thanks for any replies.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it looks like we just found out the base value dropped to $35, meaning you'd get $85 after applying the promo.

As for the bumper; how many GS stores do you have? It seems, around here are least, they boot up a game and play for all of about 35 seconds. There's a mild chance they wouldn't notice the bumper... and if they did, you could just try to hit up a different GS and hope they don't.

Yea what he said, I've never had them play a system they just hook it to the tv and turn it on then throw in a game and let in run to see if it works. Probably won't even notice.

If I trade in a PSP will they give me the same price if I include a generic AC adapter instead of the one that came with the system? That one died so I threw it away.

[quote name='matrix9280']If I trade in a PSP will they give me the same price if I include a generic AC adapter instead of the one that came with the system? That one died so I threw it away.[/QUOTE]

If it looks the same, they probably won't notice.

Looks like they dropped the TIV for an Xbox w/ wireless controller again. I only got $25 for mine ($75 after promo).

My other TIV (all Xbox):

Batman: Arkham City $24
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga $8
Red Dead Redemption $6
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey $4
Armored Core: For Answer $7
Simpsons Game $6
Alan Wake $5
Network Wireless G adapter $18
60GB HDD $3

Wow, values on systems have been plummeting for the last week. Not that I'm really surprised. But I'm glad I got in when they were still high.

TiVs 11/30

Wii
Rubik's World - $0.25

DS
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors - $1
Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hoole - $4
My Baby Girl - $7
Rubik's World - $1
Transformers War For Cybertron: Decepticons - $6

PSP
Naruto Shippuden Legends: Akatsuki Rising - $5

[quote name='zxyannd']TiVs 11/29
Uncharted 3 - 25
Batman Arkham City PS3 -25[/QUOTE]

Did you physically get $25 after trade? How does that work when the current promo for it guarantees $30?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Did you physically get $25 after trade? How does that work when the current promo for it guarantees $30?[/QUOTE]

he's probably posting the base values?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Did you physically get $25 after trade? How does that work when the current promo for it guarantees $30?[/QUOTE]

Those were base TIVs when I traded in the games back at 11/29. The 30 dollars promo wasn't available back on 11/29.

[quote name='zxyannd']Those were base TIVs when I traded in the games back at 11/29. The 30 dollars promo wasn't available back on 11/29.[/QUOTE]

ah okay. I figured it was kind of a stupid question.

Can somebody please confirm that the poweruprewards.com $5 off pre-owned game coupon is indeed "sold out". This is ridiculous. Did I get too many this year or something? I should cancel my membership if this is the kind of stuff they're going to pull...

[quote name='mattcube64']Wow, values on systems have been plummeting for the last week. Not that I'm really surprised. But I'm glad I got in when they were still high.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Traded my old 20 GB 360 back in the summer for $60 base + $50 promo and walked out with a 250 GB Slim for $189. Not as good a deal as the 250 GB bundles on BF but I'm okay with that given how much time I've had to enjoy my Slim.

Can I trade in an HDMI cable with an Xbox 360 and have that count as the AV cable? if so, can I trade one in with a non-HDMI unit? All I have are HDMI cables and VGA cables and I really don't want to turn in my VGA cables with my non-HDMI unit because my TV is old and there is only one HDMI port.

probably highly unlikely but it can't hurt to ask.

All base from yesterday

:360:
Gears of War 3 $15
Triple Pack - Trials, Limbo, Splosion Man $7

:ps3:
Uncharted 3 $25

TiV 12/3

X360
Nier - $6
R.U.S.E. - $8
Shaun White Skateboarding - $5

Wii
Medal of Honor Vanguard - $6
Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 - $5
Wii Party - $10

PS3
Dead To Rights: Retribution - $9
Shaun White Skateboarding - $5

3DS
Dual Pen Sports - $5

DS
Backyard Sports Rookie Rush - $4
Transformers War For Cybertron: Decepticons - $6

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy - $7
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - $7

Just want to say thanks to all the people in this thread. I was going to trade in my core Xbox 360 for $55 to Amazon until I realized my box was damaged. Then I checked this thread and found out about GS's promotion. I got it back when Amazon had the $200 + $100 credit promotion and got $95 back for it from GS the other day. I was worried for a moment because the guy commented on the controller being used and not the original one (found at a sale but worked perfectly). Thanks to OP and everyone else who submitted TIVs for this thread!

Picked up a brand new 4gb system from Amazon Warehouse last week for $150, so GS deal + sold my Kinect for $70 to Amazon = made $15 to upgrade.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']All base from yesterday

:360:
Gears of War $15
Triple Pack - Trials, Limbo, Splosion Man $7

Uncharted 3 $25[/QUOTE]
Gears of War 3, right?

Traded my system in today. They knocked 16$ off bc the treat wouldnt open when it sat verticle. I always had it horizontal so had no idea it didnt work that direction. 16$ off, that sucked!

I would have tried another store but the wife was with me and time wasnt on my side.

A couple games dropped for ps3:
mafia II - 4
dead rising 2 - 7
midnight club la - 5
spiderman shattered dimension - 10
wwe smackdown vs raw 2011 - 7
rachet and clank all for one - 20
saints row 2 - 6

TIV Update all for PS3

Mass Effect 2 - $5
Resident Evil 5 - $5
Final Fantasy XIII - $5
Medal of Honor - $3
Sly Cooper Collection - $6
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8
Crysis 2 - $7

Purchased Starcraft 2 for $30 =D

I reached enough points for either $10 off any in stock preowned item or $10 off any new item.

I am wondering what I should get. Keep in mind I am a cag so if ya all could suggest a good game or product that with my coupon would be a CAG good deal that would be great.

So please give if you have any good ideas let me know..

[quote name='Pliskin101']I reached enough points for either $10 off any in stock preowned item or $10 off any new item.

I am wondering what I should get. Keep in mind I am a cag so if ya all could suggest a good game or product that with my coupon would be a CAG good deal that would be great.

So please give if you have any good ideas let me know..

Do you want me to also hold your hand when walking around, or check to see if theres monsters in the closet? Bro check out game prices on GS.com or find threads on deals at GS. I posted one 2-3 days ago. This isnt the thread for these type of questions.

Base TIVs from today:

Nier: $6
Dead Space 2: $6

:ps2:
Amplitute: $.25
Frequency: $.25
Silent Hill 2: $4
Persona 4: $12
Persona 3 FES: 10
Odin Sphere: 2.50
Parappa 2: 1
Soul Nomad: 2

[quote name='Logain8955']Base TIVs from today:

Nier: $6
Dead Space 2: $6

:ps2:
Amplitute: $.25
Frequency: $.25
Silent Hill 2: $4
Persona 4: $12
Persona 3: 10
Odin Sphere: 2.50
Parappa 2: 1
Soul Nomad: 2[/QUOTE]
Persona 3 or Fes?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do you want me to also hold your hand when walking around, or check to see if theres monsters in the closet? Bro check out game prices on GS.com or find threads on deals at GS. I posted one 2-3 days ago. This isnt the thread for these type of questions.[/QUOTE]

LMAO just as I suspected would happen some CAG child would respond to my post. Typical for the CAG trolls that linger here just to be dicks.

Thanks for being that CAG troll. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back