OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: HERE

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

Anonymous GameStop Employee Xbox One/PS4 informations:

PART 1: So good news and bad news at Gamestop. Good news: ALL GS locations in the US are getting wi-fi this week! Not sure if they are open access points or closed. Also don't know if all the locations are getting the same connection like ATT Wi-Fi or if it varies by locale (ATT/Verizon/Comcast/Time Warner/Charter, etc.)

Bad news: There are two reasons for this. One, systems can now be tested to see if they are banned from XBox Live I believe, since you could do an online connection test and that touches XBox Live. But the 2nd reason that's more imminent; if you buy a PS4/XB1 and don't have internet access, Gamestop will hookup your system to download the Day 1 patch. Depending on speed of the GS connection and size of the files, this could greatly slow down the lines at launch and take up lots of employees time at the store post launch taking up 1 of each stores 2-3 registers.

Found out about this at the CoD launch so just wanted to pass the info along.

PART 2: So bad news on the Gamestop Wi-Fi situation:

1. The Wi-Fi is locked down with the password setup by each individual store manager but even if you got ahold of it ...

2. Everything someone would want to go to in a browser from gaming sites, to YouTube, to even news sites like cnn, foxnews, etc. are all blocked. Trying to access them gives you a blocked message from the firewall that's setup. Twitter/Facebook iOS apps worked but NFL Mobile and others w/video did not as they timed out. Don't use the YT app (just use the mobile site) so didn't try that. And even that doesn't matter because ...

3. It's as slow as molasses compared to 4G LTE or anything like Boingo, ATT, or any of the other public access points. So if you get behind a bunch of people w/o net access I feel sorry for you and I dread these launches now given the area I live in and our customer base's general lack of net access ...

PART 3: So GS has handed down a memo I'm sure is also going to apply for XB1 in that they count Friday as a pickup day so any PS4 not picked up before close of business on Saturday, Nov. 16 or any XB1 not picked up before Saturday, Nov. 23 is available first come, first serve to customers on Sunday the 17th or Sunday the 24th.

Anyone who has not picked up their system by mid-Saturday will be getting a call from one of the store's keyholders to find out what's up.

Your money won't disappear from the preorder system but that PS4/XB1 will be sold to someone else. You will be told you can call the store when you have acquired the money to pay it off and the next system that comes in after that call will be held for you for another 48 hours.

PART 4: So the info on the GS inTRAnet site I saw today says XB1 preorders can also get the 90% bonus trade on systems tomorrow if they want, although I'm sure there will be an event the following Sunday as well.

There is a SKU employees have to enter/scan to boost the trade. There was a sheet provided for the stores to print out to show what the full value of every system (including Ouya) would get base, w/30%, and with 90%.

The final part is YMMV but my store manager is letting any qualifying preorder customer who has traded their system in the last 30 days and still has their receipt to do a return/retrade to get the extra credit. YMMV on that of course.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

New Games for $9.99 after trade of 2 eligible games (Ends Unknown)
GameStop.com said:
Spend less for the new games you want

Get new games for $9.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

30% extra credit on games, electronics & accessories trades towards select items. (Ends 12/29/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade games, accessories, systems, smartphones or tablets toward these games:
CoD: Ghosts
Destiny
Disney Infinity
Just Dance 2014
FF 13: Lightning Returns
Thief
LEGO Movie The Game
South Park
Titanfall
Infamous: Second Son
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Valid 8/19/13 - 12/29/13

In-store credit must be applied toward an eligible product. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do whatever you want and I don't want to come across rude but why did you even buy a PS4 just to sell it a month later? Is it XB1 exclusives? No one really believes Deadrising 3 and others will stay exclusive, they'll likely be on PS4 in 2014.
Now explain why a microsoft published game is coming to PS4? I'd like to see some evidence more than "Well I read it on a forum or my friend told me". Because yes as a matter of fact they DO believe dead rising 3 will remain exclusive, have you played the game, many features of it would only be functional through an Xbox.

The thing is that the PS4 right now is a $400 killzone box. It has an alright exclusive FPS and not much else in the way of exclusives.

While on the other side of the argument the previous sony exclusives (Kingdom Hearts 3 and more) are coming to Xbox One.

He probably is selling it because he at first bought into all the fanboy fanaticism about how great sony was, and then realized that the PS4 isn't really all that great. Yeah it has better specs but that really is all.

Keep things on topic please, and quit all the blind fanboy-ism.

Oh, btw, while I was writing this I turned on my xbox, joined a party chat with a friend, and went to the next episode of stargate sg1 on amazon instant that I need to watch, without even touching the controller. The new kinect kinda rocks...

wow you left alot of money on the table just to see his face...

I would have liked to see his face if you said "that's ridiculous, what's your name?, the store manager's name?, the district manager's name? and phone number? and then walk out with the ipad and your coupon....
Well no what happened is that he traded in one of the ipads with the stacking, but he wouldn't trade the ipad that was graded "poor" so he needs a new coupon for when he goes back or to a different store to get the proper grade it should have.

Also I really doubt a district manager would have cared at all that an associate was giving a grade of poor when he insisted it was "good".

wow you left alot of money on the table just to see his face...

I would have liked to see his face if you said "that's ridiculous, what's your name?, the store manager's name?, the district manager's name? and phone number? and then walk out with the ipad and your coupon....
I know, I made a bad decision on the fly that I regret, I admit that. Im getting another 50% coupon from someone on here though, so not all is lost. Filled out the survey on my receipt though (which I do about 50% of the time) and to my surprise, I got a voice mail from the DM about 10 mins ago! Haven't called him back yet and Im not sure what I'll say when I do. Im not looking for handout or anything, just want the policies to be enforced the right way. I feel bad for the poor uninformed parents/kids that go in there thinking that getting $80 for an iPad is the best they're gonna get.

Have you tested yourself whether the prompt is only good for 30 days?
Yes I have. The prompt isn't there anymore.

You know the alert does not ban trading, it just says no cash trades are allowed.
... and that is true as well for those that do get the prompt. If a GS employee hasn't seen one then they freak out and get someone who knows what it is all about or deny the trade outright but it is just an alert enforced by GS employees.

Oh, btw, while I was writing this I turned on my xbox, joined a party chat with a friend, and went to the next episode of stargate sg1 on amazon instant that I need to watch, without even touching the controller. The new kinect kinda rocks...
You forgot the step of turning on party chat after you joined. :p

I tried trading in a couple of 360 adapters and got denied. The employee was being a jerk about it too. I guess I'll try my luck at a different location.

You forgot the step of turning on party chat after you joined. :p
One of the many things that needs to be fixed regarding the X1, and as far as Kinect goes I feel kinda dumb using the voice commands and would rather use the controller. Not to mention the "Xbox On" command almost never works on the first try for me. Hopefully some actual games come out for it in the near future cause it just taking up space at this point.

I tried trading in a couple of 360 adapters and got denied. The employee was being a jerk about it too. I guess I'll try my luck at a different location.

One of the many things that needs to be fixed regarding the X1, and as far as Kinect goes I feel kinda dumb using the voice commands and would rather use the controller. Not to mention the "Xbox On" command almost never works on the first try for me. Hopefully some actual games come out for it in the near future cause it just taking up space at this point.
Which 360 AC adapter are you trading in? Are they the ones on Amazon?

I think I'll take Knack in for the $42.50. I might try to finish the story tonight and tomorrow first though. I'd like to pick it up again later but I'm sure it will get dirt cheap within a year or so.

I hate to be that guy but I am in pretty desperate need for the 50% electronics coupon for a couple of iPhone trades. PM me for trades...

I think I'll take Knack in for the $42.50. I might try to finish the story tonight and tomorrow first though. I'd like to pick it up again later but I'm sure it will get dirt cheap within a year or so.
There is a thread for that you know

Well no what happened is that he traded in one of the ipads with the stacking, but he wouldn't trade the ipad that was graded "poor" so he needs a new coupon for when he goes back or to a different store to get the proper grade it should have.

Also I really doubt a district manager would have cared at all that an associate was giving a grade of poor when he insisted it was "good".
I had a manager at one store basically tell me that it's company policy not to accept anything as like new grade. I tried trading in a day old ipad air in the box for a flip (i literally took the wrap off before going into the store). Gave me good grade. ;-) I asked him if no like new then why is it even up on the site as an option (he was like I'm sorry company policy. He wasn't pissy about it or anything so I figure it's the DM making them grade low). Would be a great local consumer story for the news to do. Buy a brand new ipad go to that store and nail Gamestop about what like new is?

I had a manager at one store basically tell me that it's company policy not to accept anything as like new grade. I tried trading in a day old ipad air in the box for a flip (i literally took the wrap off before going into the store). Gave me good grade. ;-) I asked him if no like new then why is it even up on the site as an option (he was like I'm sorry company policy. He wasn't pissy about it or anything so I figure it's the DM making them grade low). Would be a great local consumer story for the news to do. Buy a brand new ipad go to that store and nail Gamestop about what like new is?
I bought an air and traded in to gamestop a half hour later. I opened it up right before going in. Got a "like new". I think it is luck of the draw on who you are dealing with behind the counter. I would have just taken it back after he said good and gone to another GS to get a like new.

I bought an air and traded in to gamestop a half hour later. I opened it up right before going in. Got a "like new". I think it is luck of the draw on who you are dealing with behind the counter. I would have just taken it back after he said good and gone to another GS to get a like new.
Oh i came back to my area to actually do the trade. I was just in that part of town and figured spread the ipad flips out a little.

Well I talked to the DM and explained why I had an issue with the situation. Going from Good to Poor results in half the trade in value, and with that big of a drop I expect it to be obviously in Poor condition. I even brought the iPad home and tried to show my wife the spot he showed me that resulted in the Poor rating and it took a good minute or so for her to be able to see in it the right light. Anyways, I expressed my concerns to the DM and even gave high praises to some local GS employees that have been 100% professional and kind to me over the years. He was appreciative of the feedback and apologized for the situation. Overall it was handled pretty well, I'm satisfied at least.

Well I talked to the DM and explained why I had an issue with the situation. Going from Good to Poor results in half the trade in value, and with that big of a drop I expect it to be obviously in Poor condition. I even brought the iPad home and tried to show my wife the spot he showed me that resulted in the Poor rating and it took a good minute or so for her to be able to see in it the right light. Anyways, I expressed my concerns to the DM and even gave high praises to some local GS employees that have been 100% professional and kind to me over the years. He was appreciative of the feedback and apologized for the situation. Overall it was handled pretty well, I'm satisfied at least.
No free shit? Not even a gift card?

MRW2276 said:
I get the same thing at my closest GS. Mine weren't literally brand new like that but they were in perfect condition. I managed to convince one guy to give me the "like new" price anyway on one of them. This was several months ago when I upgraded my wife's and daughter's phones from 4 to 5. Now I have those two 5's, also in perfect condition, to trade so if I go to the convenient store I need to accept "good" or try to argue it again. Or I could try another store further away where I have no idea what their policy is.

It seemed that back then the price difference was much more significant. Now I'm only seeing a $10 difference between "like new" and "good". "Poor", on the other hand, is much less - I wouldn't accept that. That $10 difference I guess results in an $18 difference with the two promos. I seem to recall it adding up to $30-$40 more when I did my last trade.

It also appears they give $10 for the lightning cables whereas they only added back in $1 for the older-style cables (even when those were the current models).

High trade value help store number a lot, make the store look good to the DM. Had this guy keep on thanking me for trading in 2 idevices. If they give you "good" and your phones look like new, don't accept it. Said "I'm going to take it to a different GS", they will back down. Of all the time I traded in electronics, never had them graded G before. Even got LN for a personal S3 that had a crack screen on the corner.

BroncosSB said:
High trade value help store number a lot, make the store look good to the DM. Had this guy keep on thanking me for trading in 2 idevices. If they give you "good" and your phones look like new, don't accept it. Said "I'm going to take it to a different GS"
Yeah, I know - but with the difference not being that huge any more I'm not sure it is worth the time/gas/hassle (after all the other store might tell me the same thing if it is the district manager's policy). And except for this one small thing I like my closest store and like to give them my business when possible.

Hey, is there a limit to the amount of credit on one transaction? If I do all 3 phones I'm looking at a base total of $507 even at the "good" level. With the 80% I'm over $900! I plan to buy some Kindle cards so the total going back on to my PUR card won't be that high. But still... I've never had a trade transaction over $300 or so before.

I think my single highest trade in was 2400, no problem going through. Limit on 1 trade card is 1k and they can't split it to a 2nd card, so just make sure you bought something that knock that 1 card credit under 1k

fuck - never mind. GS completely TANKED the iPhone values since I checked a couple days ago.

My iPhone 4S, which was an iffy trade even at their old value + the 80% bonus has gone down from $122 to $66!
The iPhone 5 has gone from $195 to $155 (for the 32GB) and $190 to $145 (for the 16GB).

That means instead of $912.60 I'm looking at only $658.80. That is a huge drop. I might take one of them in there but for the others I will either go with Gazelle or just try to sell them on eBay.

The Gazelle values have held. It actually works out that I can get almost exactly the same amount from Gazelle (but in cash) as I can from GS if I get the 80%. I'll have to think about that. Cash is better of course (especially since I had to buy 3 new phones for our new carrier and need to pay for those soon) but GS credit can go to Amazon, which is almost as good...

Hah - and I forgot Gazelle has an Amazon gift card option for 5% more which makes them come out about $10 better than GS. But with GS I do have the instant trade (ie, the thing is done with now and I don't have to worry about shipping) plus the PUR points.

Now explain why a microsoft published game is coming to PS4? I'd like to see some evidence more than "Well I read it on a forum or my friend told me". Because yes as a matter of fact they DO believe dead rising 3 will remain exclusive, have you played the game, many features of it would only be functional through an Xbox.

The thing is that the PS4 right now is a $400 killzone box. It has an alright exclusive FPS and not much else in the way of exclusives.

While on the other side of the argument the previous sony exclusives (Kingdom Hearts 3 and more) are coming to Xbox One.

He probably is selling it because he at first bought into all the fanboy fanaticism about how great sony was, and then realized that the PS4 isn't really all that great. Yeah it has better specs but that really is all.

Sorry just trying to be helpful, guy is walking away from a lot of third party support. I know that sounds fanboyish but its true. Less indie/Japanese support for XB1. The PS4 doesn't just have "better specs" as I said, it has a lot of things that should impact a buyer's potential choice due to support.

The XB1 is pretty sick and I like it. I still recommend this user just save up for one. If they're flip flopping on PS4 in one month whose to say they're satisfied with XB1 or anything? Seems like the person needs more patience.

On the subject of Deadrising 3, just coz its MS published doesn't mean it will never be on PS4. Publishing deals expire. Heck, Ninja Gaiden 3 RE was published by Nintendo and went to 360/PS3 in 6 months with an announcment like the month before. Same with Rayman Legends, published by Nintendo in some regions. There's a difference between Microsoft paying for some marketing and publishing it for X amount of time and actually funding the entire development, buying the game itself and owning the IP and what happened with DR3.

Maybe DR3 will take a while to hit PS4 but its Capcom. Its going to do it eventually or else it wouldn't be from Capcom. Also, I haven't played the game extensively (just my friends copy) but unless I'm missing something I don't see anything that can't be re-done on PS4 with the ocassionally use of the Dual Shock 4's mic or Camera.

Either way works. I usually just send an email. If it's been within like four days of your transaction they'll probably just tell you to wait and see and then email again if they don't show up.

They are on the $40 list and PUR bonus for another $2.50, assuming that applies
Yeah I should have edited my post I saw that after. I just went to gamestop on Wednesday so I was surprised to see these values back... Traded in Killzone and got $42.50 with the promo... going to hold on to the credit and pick Lego Marvel Super Heroes when it goes on sale.

It's nice of gamestop to send me an email about 3x PUR points on anything preowned today and tomorrow... after all the stores have closed for today here.

Thinking about trading SM3DW for Ryse when I finish it tonight since it'll basically be a free trade after the $30 plus 40% extra and then 30% off with the bday coupon.

Also may trade in 2 games for another PS4 game.

I get the same thing at my closest GS. Mine weren't literally brand new like that but they were in perfect condition. I managed to convince one guy to give me the "like new" price anyway on one of them. This was several months ago when I upgraded my wife's and daughter's phones from 4 to 5. Now I have those two 5's, also in perfect condition, to trade so if I go to the convenient store I need to accept "good" or try to argue it again. Or I could try another store further away where I have no idea what their policy is.

It seemed that back then the price difference was much more significant. Now I'm only seeing a $10 difference between "like new" and "good". "Poor", on the other hand, is much less - I wouldn't accept that. That $10 difference I guess results in an $18 difference with the two promos. I seem to recall it adding up to $30-$40 more when I did my last trade.

It also appears they give $10 for the lightning cables whereas they only added back in $1 for the older-style cables (even when those were the current models).
In the future print off the quote from there website as like new. They never have downgraded me when I bring in the quote and just scan that paper for the total.

Just got the e-mail about the 3x points at 9PM today. Wish I got it like last night instead, might have picked something up. Maybe ill have time tomorrow

david0820 said:
In the future print off the quote from there website as like new. They never have downgraded me when I bring in the quote and just scan that paper for the total.
I've done that - they don't use my sheet, they look it up themselves. And that makes sense - after all, they don't know that I printed the quote for the right item. I'm sure people screw that up all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back