OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
where you get the warranty from? I know square trade does but if it a gamestop warranty it doubtful since well it is gamestop after all
Forgot to mention i got the warranty from Gamestop. I though in the past i had canceled a warranty before with no problem but things could of changed since then.

Forgot to mention i got the warranty from Gamestop. I though in the past i had canceled a warranty before with no problem but things could of changed since then.
A lot of warranties you can cancel if you want, but you won't get any money/credit back. You pay a one time fee that covers you for a certain period of time. That fee is most commonly non-refundable.

So I was totally reading the FAQ on the first post, and I read this tidbit of info, and realized that I've always paid for sales tax when purchasing an item with a gift card. Never have I heard of any place not charging sales tax when you pay in full with a gift card/certificate. If this is true, I'd love to know where such information can be located at (a link, or reference, or Department of Revenue document). I specifically live in Missouri, one of the states listed in that section that does not get charged sales tax on credit purchases (as per the op). I bet I'm owed a ton of money. >:mad: haha

Totally thinking about buying an Xbox One tomorrow, and I could completely eliminate paying for taxes if the above is true by using all my credit on it.
Gift card is not a trade card. Trade cards have the GS bunny on them and are generally red (at least at my store.) You get those only if you trade something in and don't buy anything or have an amount left over.

Gift cards are taxed in every state that has a sales tax.

MO you are not charged tax on stuff you pay for with trade credit. If you paid part cash and part trade credit you're only charged tax on the amount you paid in cash.

My final trip for trades, at least for now.

Nintendo DS

DSi System - $25

Rhythm Heaven - $0.50

Wii

Wii Sports Resort - $9

3DS

Super Mario Land 3D - $14

LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D - $17

Wii U

Pikmin 3 - $25

Overall got nearly $500 for all my trades over the course of this promotion. Bought myself an Xbox One and Titanfall. Yay!

For some reason my GS didn't let the GI 10% stack with the 50% (plus PUR 10%).  He did try and scan it though.  Oh well.

These TIV are from yesterday (5/10/14):

PS3:

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition-$10

Tomb Raider-$7

Borderlands 2-$5

Bioshock Infinite-$6

Grand Theft Auto V-$22

Batman Arkham Origins-$13

PS4:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag-$23

Lego Marvel Super Heroes-$20

My final trip for trades, at least for now.

Nintendo DS

DSi System - $25
Rhythm Heaven - $0.50

Wii

Wii Sports Resort - $9

3DS

LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D - $17

Wii U

Pikmin 3 - $25

Overall got nearly $500 for all my trades over the course of this promotion. Bought myself an Xbox One and Titanfall. Yay!
Xbox, summon Torgue.

Torgue: EXPLOSIONS?

X1 blows up.

Today's trades.

Spongebob SP Planktins Robot Revenge :3ds: - $4

Spongebob SP Planktins Robot Revenge :360: - $6

After 70% extra total came to $17. Not bad for $2.52 spent total.

5/11/14 TIV

PS3:

Mass Effect Trilogy - $10

Dead Island GOTY - $ 2.50

Xbox 360:

Skyrim Legendary - $15

Left 4 Dead - $6

COD: Black Ops 2 - $8

Mortal Kombat Komplete - $8

Xbox One

Ass Creed 4 - $23

Dead Rising 3 - $18

Wii U

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - $22

191.25 After 70% Bonus. I'm going to miss this promotion!

I dumped a bunch of Wii games today for the 50% bonus

:Wii:

Top Spin 4 - .50¢

Deca Sports- $2.50

Shaun White Snowboarding -.30¢

De Blob 2- .50¢

Super Monkey Ball 2- .80¢

Need for Speed Carbon- $4

AMF Bowling: World Lanes- $1

Cabela's North American Adventure-$1

Sonic and the Secret Ring- $1.50

Code Lyoko- .80¢

Guitar Hero World tour- .20¢

Yu-gi-oh 5d's Duel Transfer- $2.50

Mario and Sonic:Olympic Games- $2.50

Rock Band: Lego- .30¢

Guitar Hero: Metallica- $1.50

House of the Dead 2&3- $2.50

Excitebots- .50¢

AMF Bowling Pinbusters- $1

the Bigs- .10¢

Open Season- .50¢

Tiger Woods 07- .30¢

Guitar Hero 3- .20¢

Tiger Woods 10- $2

remote $3.50

Ninchuck- $2.50

Wired Microphone- $1

Punchout - $8

Super Mario Galaxy- $8

Super Paper Mario- $7

Zelda:Twilight Princess- $8

Heavenly Guardian- .10¢

Super Smash Brothers- $13

Epic Mickey- $2

Epic Mickey 2- $5

Kirby Epic Yarn- $4

Goldeneye 007- $4

New Super Mario Brothers- $12

Wii Sports- $5

:DS:

Zelda: Spirit Tracks- $13

:360:

Kinectimals With Bears- $3

I normally dont trade the games in under $1 but I was flirting with the girl at the counter to get that extra 10% GI bonus for the 70% bonus! Also, I dont need the wii games anymore. 

Gift card is not a trade card. Trade cards have the GS bunny on them and are generally red (at least at my store.) You get those only if you trade something in and don't buy anything or have an amount left over.

Lol gift cards are never taxed in my state (ny). I buy them frequently. Never been taxed...so def not all states with sales tax tax gift cards.

Gift cards are taxed in every state that has a sales tax.

MO you are not charged tax on stuff you pay for with trade credit. If you paid part cash and part trade credit you're only charged tax on the amount you paid in cash.

Trade-in base value for 5/11/14

God of War: Ascension  (PS3) - $9

Killzone: Mercenary (PS Vita) - $15

Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - $4

Traded today  5 11 14 before bonuses

My 10% didn't stack-he wouldn't even try it.  He was anal and wouldn't take 4 games that were fine esp compared to the crap gamestop.com sends or they sell with the line "If it doesn't work you can take it back"  So I cancelled some pre-orders and cashed in $275 of gamestop credit for amazon kindle cards. His issues was they had small chips on the edge of paint.  (BTW they all install and played fine)  The next gamestop had no problem taking them in. 

Ttitanfall x1 26

Titanfall x360 27

GTA 5 xbox 360 22

MLB the show 14 ps4 26 (didn't trade in-went to Best buy instead)

LOTR BFME II 8

ASS Creed IV X360 15

Alice Madness returns xbox 360 15

Madden 25 xbox 360 15

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass ds 14

Lego Batman ds 6

Xcom xbox 360 2

Borderland xbox 360 1

Bioshock xbox 360 2

The Outfit xbox 360 $.40

Lego Star Wars III xbox 360 7

Gunstringer 2

Damage Inc xbox 360 4

Borderland 2 xbox 360 5

Steel Batallion xbox 360 2

Just traded in some games. 50% + 10% Power Up + 10% GI Coupon. 

Vita:

Killzone Mercenary: 15.00 (25.50)

Xbone:

Forza: 20.00 (34.00)

Wii U:

Zombie U: 3.00 (5.10)

PS3:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: 1.00 (1.70)

Excellent promo. I traded in  :xb1: NBA 2K14 $24 base tdoay.

With the 50% + 10% + 10% I came away with $40.80. I then lucked out and found a used copy of :ps4: MLB The Show 14, which I used the birthday coupon on to bring it down to $39.99 used. The girl looked pretty shocked with what happened but was more than happy to do everything for me. I hope they bring back this promo soon! Considering I got my copy of NBA 2K14 during Target's B2G1 deal back at launch, I'll say it's pretty awesome to have had the game for over 6 months and ultimately breaking completely even on it. 

Lego lotr 360 - 7
Lego bat 2 ps3 - 7
New sup mar bros wii - 12
Mario kart wii - 15
Walking dead surv instinct 360 - 8
Guy that did my trade I used to work with years back . Had an awkward time trying to explain how I got so much credit and 200 k pur points lol .

5-11

Grand Theft Auto V: $22

Saints Row The Third: The Full Package: $10

:ps3:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: $13

The guy right in front of me traded in a Hardened version of Blops 2. The guy right behind me traded in the :360: Titanfall for $21.60 cash. If I'd only been quicker-witted (especially since the woman at the counter left the counter to fetch a manager!) or had more cash on me, man. (I may yet call about that Blops 2 tomorrow; it's gotta be pre-owned, right?)

5/10 trade values.  All base.

WII
A Boy and His Blob - $0.50
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $12
Kirby's Dream Collection - $9
Mario Kart Wii - $15
Mario Power Tennis (New Play Control!) - $4
Pikmin 2 - $12
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - $3
Super Paper Mario - $7
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - $2.50
Wii Sports Resort (Game Only) - $9

Xbox 360
BioShock - $2
Blue Dragon - $2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $2
Darksiders - $2
Earth Defense Force 2017 - $1.50
Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition - $5
Left 4 Dead - $6
Lips - $0.50
Rayman Origins - $6
Spectral Force 3 - $0.50
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - $7
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition - $5
You Don't Know Jack - $2.50

DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $5
Game and Watch Collection - $0.50
Mario Kart - $8
Treasure World - $0.24

PS3
Heavy Rain - $3
Yakuza: Dead Souls - $2

PSP
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip - $0.50
The Third Birthday - $1.50

3DS
Mario Kart 7 - $14
Mario Tennis Open - $7
Nintendogs + Cats - $5

I should have traded in Mercenary when I had the chance. I played it just now after getting back from GS and I'm remembering that it isn't very good at all. Perhaps we will get a promo like this again soon. 

I used to 10% GI coupon with no problems today, he scanned it at the end and I saw it add to my trade total. The receipt says Promo # 15966 if that helps anyone. I'm ready for Mario Kart 8!

TIV values 5/11/14:

Wii U

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $10
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes $13
Scribblenauts Unmasked $7
LEGO City: Undercover $20

3DS

Scribblenauts Unmasked $8

Wii

Wii system w/ Remote Plus $40

5-11

Grand Theft Auto V: $22

Saints Row The Third: The Full Package: $10

:ps4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: $13

The guy right in front of me traded in a Hardened version of Blops 2. The guy right behind me traded in the :360: Titanfall for $21.60 cash. If I'd only been quicker-witted (especially since the woman at the counter left the counter to fetch a manager!) or had more cash on me, man. (I may yet call about that Blops 2 tomorrow; it's gotta be pre-owned, right?)
you sure thats the PS4 version of Black Flag value? Seems more like PS3 version to me. Might want to check your receipt in case you traded the PS4 version but only got credit for the PS3 version.

05/11/2014

Trades all Base

XBOX ONE

Metal Gear V Ground Zeroes - $12

Nintendo 3DS

Mario Kart 7 - $14

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - $7

New Super Mario Bros 2 - $14

Wii

Merv Giffin's Crosswords - $0.10

Wii U

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $5

Nintendo Land - $7

Super Mario U / Luigi U - $28

Just a FYI for all the people that still have games to trade in...

Starting tomorrow Game Stop has a promo for an extra 50% trade in towards any Xbox One game (and possibly accessories) This should stack with the coupon and get the 70% you will just have to make an extra trip to return your item.

you sure thats the PS4 version of Black Flag value? Seems more like PS3 version to me. Might want to check your receipt in case you traded the PS4 version but only got credit for the PS3 version.
He might of used the PS4 symbol instead of the PS3 Symbol instead, instead of typing it he might have just used the smiley face drop down, otherwise, he definitely got the PS3 value.

5/11

:ps4:

Bound By Flame $20

:3ds:

Dual Pen Sports $0.75

Cubic Ninja $0.50 

:ds:

Victorious $1.50

$36.41 with 50% + Pro, put that toward a near mint copy of :ps4: DW8CE. 

I got to around the same part as you. I decided to trade it in because I work 50-60 hours a week now so my gaming time is pretty limited, just wasn't feeling the game. I plan on revisiting it at a lower price point though. 

Yeah if you aren't into it at that point, then it is probably safe to trade in. Despite its flaws I am having a lot of fun. I am playing on Captain and every battle is a like a boss fight. The one major noticeable problem, which I am sure you experienced, the voice acting is horrendous. I do enjoy the story, which most people hate for some reason, but I really like the Demon that lives inside the person and how decisions actually affect the game. Anyway I am just blabbing.

Street Fighter IV - $1

Devil May Cry 4 - $0.50

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $.75

PS3

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition - $8

DS

Pokemon White - $15

Pokemon White 2 - $13

YMMV my Best Buy had Undisputed 3 for $7.99.  The manager even said it was a STORE mark down, not a company mark down.

I had my first bad experience in a while at a Gamestop today. First, I was scolded for holding a game and not picking it up until the 4th day. "They only have to hold it for two days" Blah Blah Blah, looks like it was really flying off the shelf. Then they wouldn't scan two coupons for me. That is the first time I've ever had that happen. Most employees will just scan what I tell them.

Anyone know if I can I buy a PSN card with a PUR coupon?

I had my first bad experience in a while at a Gamestop today. First, I was scolded for holding a game and not picking it up until the 4th day. "They only have to hold it for two days" Blah Blah Blah, looks like it was really flying off the shelf. Then they wouldn't scan two coupons for me. That is the first time I've ever had that happen. Most employees will just scan what I tell them.
This is a common occurrence for me. They're so many jerkoff employees around my area, I try to avoid doing business with them as much as possible. It was such a pain in the ass trying to stack the GI coupon. I finally got someone to do it on my third attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back