OLD THREAD: New thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334650-gamestop-trade-in-values-xxvi-values-available-on-ios-app-upcoming-50-bonus-with-coupon/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

None Currently.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
walked into gamestop with a 250 gb 360 and 120 gb ps3 and one ps3 game and giant pile of 360 stuff and games i walked out with this bad boy for free plus a game with 20 bucks left over. no questions asked he gave me 150 each system he had no clue they had that deal going on he had to look on website
Nice haul, Timbo.

But to be fair, you didn't really get that system for free unless your current gen systems were free. You just had $0 out of pocket costs which is a nice score.

Can't believe you beat me to a ps4.

Do you still have to go to the store you pre-ordered from to cancel a pre-order? And have they forced any crap about not being able to cancel it if it comes with a poster or something? Reading the policy on Gamestop.com it seems that you can't o_O

Do you still have to go to the store you pre-ordered from to cancel a pre-order? And have they forced any crap about not being able to cancel it if it comes with a poster or something? Reading the policy on Gamestop.com it seems that you can't o_O
You have to go to the original store, unless you are in a far different city/state in which the gamestop nearest to you can call in the store and have them cancel and transfer the credit.

Poster doesn't really ring up in the system so they can't deny you a cancellation on that basis. You can simply say you didn't get a poster if they try.

Yes you must go to the store where you preordered to cancel, unless you've moved or something then what iduncurr said is what happens.

No they can't deny you canceling a preorder for any reason.

Nice haul, Timbo.

But to be fair, you didn't really get that system for free unless your current gen systems were free. You just had $0 out of pocket costs which is a nice score.

Can't believe you beat me to a ps4.
well ture but when i got that slim i traded in my old 360 i got back in 2005 and paid 150 for slim and got ps3 as a gift in 09 so not bad deal :D/

sorry if this question has already been asked, but the 40% extra promotion towards anything at e3 work on consoles right? im referring to the $399 ps4. because i was thinking about taking advantage of the ps4 trade in deal which gives $100/$150 by trading my old console in. then take advantage of the 40% for all my games and acessories.

As of 6/10:

PS3 Assassin's Creed IV: $10

PS3 Dragon Ball Battle of Z: $15

PS3 Tales of Xillia: $9

Xbox 360 Rayman Legends: $14

Say I wanted to trade in my Vita (so I can take advantage of the 50% bonus) and I put it towards a pre-order of the white PS4, would I be able to cancel my pre-order and use it on a Xbox One at a later date (and still retain the bonus credit)?

trades as of 6/10:

MLB 14 vita - $14

Cod Ghosts PS3 - $15

Cod Ghosts 360 - $12

Rayman Legends 360 - $14

Assas Creed 4 360 - $13

Assas Creed 4 PS3 - $10

All Base....

what you mean what is the future software lineup? is there a list cuz i only got a vita for mlb since ima xbone guy, its a great handheld so i wanna know the future lineup?
yesturdays press confrence didnt show any vita stuff and nothing awsome seems to be comming on the horizon that i really want sadly. i know theres gamescom but still. if anything if i do want it back i can get another ine in the future

oooo i see ...honestly as long mlb the show is on vita every year im keeping mine, im just worried one day mlb will be strictly for ps4, the older the ps4 and ps3 get they might not even make it for ps3 one day
it will stay on the vita, dont worry. i know how sony works with there handheld sports games ;). cant wait to get my ps4 copy of it btw

So the limit without risking some type of ban is 5 of the same title within a 30 day span correct ? Is it 5 of the same title per system or strictly 5 of the same title across all platforms ?

What do you guys think the chances are that Gamestop will have another trade in your old console for a bonus 50% towards the purchase of a new PS4 or Xbox One in September

I'm either hoping for a cash buyer or a trade in deal like this to score myself that Glacier White PS4.

[quote name="FurryCurry" post="11833018" timestamp="1402459854"]

What do you guys think the chances are that Gamestop will have another trade in your old console for a bonus 50% towards the purchase of a new PS4 or Xbox One in September?

Very good I'd say. Last summer's Playcation sale had lots of great promos. But pay attention tomorrow. I will try to trade in my ps3 toward that preorder of the destiny bundle and get the bonus. Couple others here said they were too. If not I'll trade it for the black ps4, then return for an xbox one.

yesturdays press confrence didnt show any vita stuff and nothing awsome seems to be comming on the horizon that i really want sadly. i know theres gamescom but still. if anything if i do want it back i can get another ine in the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOocekmmdLA

Not only that but you get all the free PS Plus games, 2 per month. Lots of room in both the Vita and PSP catalogs still.

I'm going to try tomorrow as well and report here i hope the sales person doesn't give me any dirty looks for trading a ps4 for another ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOocekmmdLA

Not only that but you get all the free PS Plus games, 2 per month. Lots of room in both the Vita and PSP catalogs still.
Problem is those all all games that can be played on other platforms, and Sony didn't even bother showing that video at their conference which shows their support for the system.

In all honesty I think PSV is dead, Sony completely brushed it aside at E3 only announcing 2 Games for it. It's obvious they don't care anymore and they've given up trying, and major third-parties are gone and not coming back.

I am not sure this is the right place to ask but I have a buy 2 get 1 pre owned coupon getting ready to expire from a PUR renewal. I have some gamestop credit and was thinking about just buying 3 games to flip back. Is there anything in particular this would be best spent on as a credit generator (gamestop to gamestop I don't have gcu)?

Looks like a couple of the items in the weekly ad starting today are:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $40/$38 (new/used) (only checked Xbone, but PS4 is probably the same)

FF XIII Part 42 Lightning Returns - $35/$33 (new/used) (only checked 360, but PS3 is probably the same)

I am not sure this is the right place to ask but I have a buy 2 get 1 pre owned coupon getting ready to expire from a PUR renewal. I have some gamestop credit and was thinking about just buying 3 games to flip back. Is there anything in particular this would be best spent on as a credit generator (gamestop to gamestop I don't have gcu)?
Even if you don't have GCU, check the prices at Best Buy for trades. Their values might be more than GameStop's by more than 10%. Examples on the One:

Kinect Sports Rivals is $28 with the promo and PUR. Best Buy gives $28 base.

Watch Dogs is $37.80 with the promo and PUR. Best Buy gives $40 base.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is $32.20 with the promo and PUR. Best Buy gives $35 base.

Just a bit of a heads-up on that, in case you're not dying to get the rewards points, and would rather trade in to get stuff at Best Buy. Of course, you'd likely pay $108 for that trio and only get $103 from Best Buy, but they're likely not good flip examples.

Looks like a couple of the items in the weekly ad starting today are:
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $40/$38 (new/used) (only checked Xbone, but PS4 is probably the same)
FF XIII Part 42 Lightning Returns - $35/$33 (new/used) (only checked 360, but PS3 is probably the same)
”final fantasy X III part 42” this made me spit out my drink lol

OK, didn't see this since the new trade-in offer was posted for the PS4. Their offers always say "cannot be combined with any other offer," so I take this as resulting in a big, fat "NO." However, could you manage to take a double-dip on the two bonuses, trading one console for the 50% and another for the $50 in the same transaction? My cousin has a 250-GB slim 360 and a 20-GB fat 360 (didn't trade the old one when he get the new one). Could he trade in the 250-GB for the $150 guaranteed, while ALSO trading in the fat one for the $50 bonus (probably giving him about $55, haha) for the same PS4 trade?

My guess is that is considered another offer, and it won't work (I also imagine that's why you can't do 2 consoles on the 50% bonus--sees it as two conflicting offers), but if anyone knows for sure, I'd just like the heads-up. I figure it's worth asking.

OK, didn't see this since the new trade-in offer was posted for the PS4. Their offers always say "cannot be combined with any other offer," so I take this as resulting in a big, fat "NO." However, could you manage to take a double-dip on the two bonuses, trading one console for the 50% and another for the $50 in the same transaction? My cousin has a 250-GB slim 360 and a 20-GB fat 360 (didn't trade the old one when he get the new one). Could he trade in the 250-GB for the $150 guaranteed, while ALSO trading in the fat one for the $50 bonus (probably giving him about $55, haha) for the same PS4 trade?

My guess is that is considered another offer, and it won't work (I also imagine that's why you can't do 2 consoles on the 50% bonus--sees it as two conflicting offers), but if anyone knows for sure, I'd just like the heads-up. I figure it's worth asking.
my gamestop let me trade in a 360 and ps3 and got 150 for each. the guy did not evne know the promo was going on until i showed it to him on website. he had to do two transactions

Yeah, but that was from the same offer. I'm wondering what you could pull off from the two different offers, though I'm sure the result would be the same (5% chance, YMMV).

I got lucky with this manager trade 2x ps3 and one xbox for one ps4. He had to over ride the price. The only reason he did it because it did not say limit one and when three system was enter with a ps4 nothing went to $150. I hope I don't get him in trouble.

I'm sorry if this is already posted but I can't find it anywhere. What exactly do I need to trade in the PS4? Just the system and power cord or do I need the HDMI and charging cable too? Will they care if they aren't the exact original as I mixed all my cords up and don't know which is which?

I got lucky with this manager trade 2x ps3 and one xbox for one ps4. He had to over ride the price. The only reason he did it because it did not say limit one and when three system was enter with a ps4 nothing went to $150. I hope I don't get him in trouble.
Is there corporate gamestops? Because a gamestop right off the highway in my town is super anal compared to any other gamestop I've gone to. First one, guy didn't accept my xbox one because he said it had scratches and would have a refurb fee and then yesterday this girl said she couldn't refund the entire trade amount for my xbox one (different one) because I got an extra 100 in credit so she would have to void the original transaction (same day tho). -_- I just put it towards a white ps4 and will cancel later.

Does anyone know what happens when you're banned? Like can they close your PUR account and void credit if you have it on there or on a separate card?

Does anyone know what happens when you're banned? Like can they close your PUR account and void credit if you have it on there or on a separate card?
Legally no because even though you are banned from trading the credits are still considered yours until Gamestop shuts down in which you would be entitled to a partial cash refund.

Only way you could possible lose your credits if you are inactive for a year then they reserve the right to officially close your account. It's in the paper work you signed.

Legally no because even though you are banned from trading the credits are still considered yours until Gamestop shuts down in which you would be entitled to a partial cash refund.

Only way you could possible lose your credits if you are inactive for a year then they reserve the right to officially close your account. It's in the paper work you signed.
So no matter what they can't close PUR account? Cuz I just renewed lol, is why I'm asking. And I guess I'll use the credit I have now for amazon cards or gas cards. I don't want to risk a "partial" refund.

unless you are doing something entirely illegal then no I wouldn't want to worry about it. They only ban you when you are a reseller or a person who likes to flip items which effects their profit margins. The ban is simply a funnel in which you are free to still buy shit with cashy green money (or debit/credit cards) but not partake on their promotions which you have been caught abusing. (General statement)

I'm sorry if this is already posted but I can't find it anywhere. What exactly do I need to trade in the PS4? Just the system and power cord or do I need the HDMI and charging cable too? Will they care if they aren't the exact original as I mixed all my cords up and don't know which is which?
System, Power cable, HDMI, and controller. Brand doesn't matter, as long as it works when they plug it in and test it

Thinking of just trading in my xbone since I don't ever play it and my room mate got one so I just use his. ... what's the best way to get the most bang for my buck I already have a ps4 btw
So I'm basically trading it in to get credits

Thinking of just trading in my xbone since I don't ever play it and my room mate got one so I just use his. ... what's the best way to get the most bang for my buck I already have a ps4 btw
So I'm basically trading it in to get credits
trade it for a preorder of the white ps4 and then cancel the preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back