Oldboy fans rejoice!

bobomallone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just thought I'd let you guys know that the South Korean film Oldboy is being released on blu-ray next week. I just found out about this a little while ago. I'm a huge fan of this film, and I know it has quite a following, it seems to be very under the radar that it's coming out in high-def. Amazon currently has it for 23.95. Oh and just so I don't get the PS3 fanboy remarks, I've only had a ps3 for 2 weeks and my xbox360 and hd-dvd add on for about a year. Cheers

I'm not sure what extras it has, but its TWO blu-ray disks! I 3 copies of it currently (orig korean version, US tartan version, and the 3 disk version) and all of the extras vary from it. From looking at the amazon description it looks like it has most of the extras from the other versions..but it doesn't say if they are sub titled or not. That was my main problem with the tin set, a lot of the extras had no english translation. Deadpool is there going to be an hd-dvd version? I haven't seen anything about it

ouch, good thing I have both...but still. Makes me wonder if Sympathy for mr/lady vengeance will come out on both or just one? Also remember that oldboy also came out on sony's UMD. I think this is more important issue of Tartan backing one and not another. It's a shame there's not more foreign film in high def.

[quote name='bobomallone']ouch, good thing I have both...but still. Makes me wonder if Sympathy for mr/lady vengeance will come out on both or just one? Also remember that oldboy also came out on sony's UMD. I think this is more important issue of Tartan backing one and not another. It's a shame there's not more foreign film in high def.[/QUOTE]

Tartan is Blu exclusive at the moment.

You could always check out The Host. It's a pretty good monster movie.

Tartan is Blu exclusive at the moment.

You could always check out The Host. It's a pretty good monster movie.

I saw it in the theaters here in may, and bought the hd-dvd already =) In general I just love Korean Cinema.

[quote name='Sporadic']The HD-DVD doesn't have english subtitles anyways.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a good thing i never jumped on it then...

Don't see how this is a deal... but whatever. Anyway I had a hard enough time trackign down the LE tin, I think I'll pass on the HD version unless I can find it for really cheap, and if it's a great remaster...

Actually yes, and I've had my ps3 for less than a month and my 360 for over a year. I just didn't want it to get a hd-dvd vs blu-ray topic, i'm a supporter of both, but I am a rabid oldboy fanboy

bread's done
Back