Older games, value of a collection? (Original Xbox and Playstation 1)

the-daryl

CAGiversary!
Spring cleaning and I came across a box stuffed with games from years and years ago.

They've just been sitting in a box, and we're currently in the process of reducing things we don't use. So getting rid of them.

I started entering them in on Amazon, for the gift card trade in value. They offer just over $80 dollars for everything (well not everything, out of the 50ish titles, only 31 even had a trade in button). But after seeing some of their prices, I started checking Ebay.

I am not very savvy when it comes to video game collecting, but I know a bunch of you guys could give the folks on Antique Roadshow a run for their money. So I thought I'd run the list by my fellow CAG'ers to see what you guys think.

If anyone would be willing to take a moment and skim through it, and give me some advice that'd be much appreciated. I considered putting the lot on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks, but really don't know if that's fair - I just know a sealed KoTOR has gone on ebay for almost as much as amazon's total offer. But I'm not interested in the ebay route, or piecing out (I just don't have the time unfortunately)

Here's the list - all are in great condition. Some are even still sealed. The worst on any of them is freaking used price tags on a few of them.

Playstation 1:
Populous: The Beginning
Tomb Raider Chronicles
X-Files
You Don’t Know Jack Mock 2
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II (sealed)
Tetris Plus

Original Xbox:

Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Matrix: Enter the Matrix
Matrix: The Path of Neo
Indiana Jones and The Emperor’s Tomb
Mechassault
Mechassualt 2: Lone Wolf (Limited Edition)
Lego Star Wars The Video Game
Soul Calibur 2
SSX 3
Sega GT/ JSRF Combo
Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds Combo
Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds
The Sims – Bustin’ Out
Ninja Gaiden Black
Outlaw Golf: 9 more holes of xmas
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Unreal Championship (Platinum Hits)
House of the Dead III
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Toejam and Earl III
MTV Celebrity Deathmatch
Pinball Hall of Fame
XBOX Music Mixer (no idea where the mic is)
Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance
Starsky and Hutch
Knights of the Old Republic (Platinum Hits, Sealed)
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Metal Arms (Sealed)
Spawn Armageddon (Sealed)
Halo Game of the Year (Sealed)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time (Sealed)
Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Sealed)
Dead to Rights (Platinum Hits, Sealed)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Second Edition (Sealed)
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (Sealed, contains Vice City and Part 3)
Rogue Ops (Sealed)
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Game of the Year edition
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Thanks for taking the time to look, appreciate any and all responses :)

[quote name='the-daryl']Spring cleaning and I came across a box stuffed with games from years and years ago.

They've just been sitting in a box, and we're currently in the process of reducing things we don't use. So getting rid of them.

I started entering them in on Amazon, for the gift card trade in value. They offer just over $80 dollars for everything (well not everything, out of the 50ish titles, only 31 even had a trade in button). But after seeing some of their prices, I started checking Ebay.

I am not very savvy when it comes to video game collecting, but I know a bunch of you guys could give the folks on Antique Roadshow a run for their money. So I thought I'd run the list by my fellow CAG'ers to see what you guys think.

If anyone would be willing to take a moment and skim through it, and give me some advice that'd be much appreciated. I considered putting the lot on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks, but really don't know if that's fair - I just know a sealed KoTOR has gone on ebay for almost as much as amazon's total offer. But I'm not interested in the ebay route, or piecing out (I just don't have the time unfortunately)

Here's the list - all are in great condition. Some are even still sealed. The worst on any of them is freaking used price tags on a few of them.

Playstation 1:
Populous: The Beginning
Tomb Raider Chronicles
X-Files
You Don’t Know Jack Mock 2
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II (sealed)
Tetris Plus

Original Xbox:

Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Matrix: Enter the Matrix
Matrix: The Path of Neo
Indiana Jones and The Emperor’s Tomb
Mechassault
Mechassualt 2: Lone Wolf (Limited Edition)
Lego Star Wars The Video Game
Soul Calibur 2
SSX 3
Sega GT/ JSRF Combo
Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds Combo
Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds
The Sims – Bustin’ Out
Ninja Gaiden Black
Outlaw Golf: 9 more holes of xmas
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Unreal Championship (Platinum Hits)
House of the Dead III
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Toejam and Earl III
MTV Celebrity Deathmatch
Pinball Hall of Fame
XBOX Music Mixer (no idea where the mic is)
Starsky and Hutch
Metal Arms (Sealed)
Spawn Armageddon (Sealed)
Dead to Rights (Platinum Hits, Sealed)
Rogue Ops (Sealed)
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Thanks for taking the time to look, appreciate any and all responses :)[/QUOTE]

The two games of note on PS1 are the parasite eve games. If they're the original black label versions of the game, you could probably get $40-$50 for them together. Throw in the rest of those games in the bundle as you'd be hard pressed to sell any of those off individually.

The Xbox games value are mostly low as they are fairly common games with the exception of these:
KOTOR I && II
Morrowwind
D&D Heroes (pretty common game but has held value)
MtG: Battlegrounds (debatable).

These games would value around $75-80 on the open market. The rest are pretty much MMAO type. Because of the popularity of the GTA games, you may be able to find someone to buy those sealed ones for $10-$20 each. Not sure about the PoP games though since there's be an HD collection that includes those games. Good luck with your sale. I'd be interested in Morrowwind by itself if you ever consider selling it off individually.

[quote name='the-daryl']
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II (sealed)
Metal Arms (Sealed)
Rogue Ops (Sealed)
Star Wars Battlefront 2[/QUOTE]

These are the ones that pop out after glancing over the list. Definitely sell them individually. Cross check Amazon used prices (NOT trade in values) and eBay prices to get an idea of what you can get.

Also, disregard the $10-$20 comment on the sealed GTA games. The sealed San Andreas alone should get get you more than what Amazon offered for everything. San Andreas on the Xbox is kind of rare for some reason and a new one should fetch good money.

Thanks everyone for your time and input, very much appreciated :)

I just found a link earlier this evening (in another thread here actually) for

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

Anyone know anything about that site? I had never heard of it before tonight.

Most of their prices seem best case scenario but several seem spot on from looking at completed (actually SOLD as opposed to asked for prices) on ebay. Anyways, even keeping in mind their prices are on the high side (and SUPER high if you're a CAG'er ;) ) the total for everything there was $470 bucks. Crazy!

n64ra - appreciate the offer, but I've already been working on a deal to sell the entire collection as a lot for 130$ to a fellow CAG (fair price to us both I think, not prime dollar for me, but quick/easy, and not bank breaking for him) but just found out today shipping is going to be in the 40-50$ range ~ (still waiting to hear back from him). Hopefully that'll work out.

Then I've got to dig out my vic-20, jaguar, genesis, odyssey (both the first one and 2), and some old NES's and see what games I've got for them, haha (at least the wife will love the lessening of boxes and boxes)... Who the heck pays these prices for this stuff? I mean it's nice for me, obviously, but it still seems crazy!

Here are the money makers.

Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2 (Sealed)

Knights of the Old Republic (sealed)

The other sealed games, you might get at the most $9-$10 bucks each. Everything else, less.

Sorta off topic extra information in case people want to read begins now:

Here's a rough example on selling something on ebay.

PS1 game that weighs on average 5-6 oz can ship First Class (first class goes up to 13oz), $2.14 to $2.75 depending on distance and zone. The bubble mailer, ~$1.18 each. eBay fee is 10% of the total of sold price and shipping together (due at the end of the month). Paypal fee is roughly 1.9% to 2.9% plus 0.30 cents (paid at the time of deposit into your account)

So for example, you put a PS1 game up for auction with a buy it now price of $9.99 with free shipping and it sold for $9.99, it will cost you around $5.20 after the fees and shipping are paid netting you about 4 dollars profit. You can try shipping it media mail for a lower rate, however YMMV depending on the clerk because that rate is suppose to apply to teaching materials.

There are other cost saving measures, like bundled shipping if a single buyer bought multiple games and small discount on shipping if you buy the label through ebay, etc..

bread's done
Back