Olive Garden Fans

i use to like the all you can eat pasta for 9.99 with mix and match sauces. Big plate for the first round but second , third, fourth you get a kids plate :(

I love the breadsticks as an appetizer, and the chicken alfredo as a lunch. Lastly, I don't get dessert there because I'm usually too full to get any.

[quote name='PsovazHunter']I love the breadsticks as an appetizer, and the chicken alfredo as a lunch. Lastly, I don't get dessert there because I'm usually too full to get any.[/QUOTE]

yea the bread and salad usually fucks you over for dessert :(

[quote name='savestheday888']What a coincidence. I just ate dinner there with my girlfriend. It was the first time I had ever been.[/QUOTE]

ha thats were me and my ex had our first date... don't go back to OG these days...hmmm

I hope there are other Italians on here that hate the Olive Garder as much I do. Purely based on the commercials, I refuse to eat there. Take this commercial example....

My great uncle Vito came over from Italy to visit and in turn we took him to the Olive Garden. He enjoyed the authentic breadsticks and salad so much, he didnt have room for any of the boxed pasta they serve. He was all smiles that night because it was just like eating back in Italy.

fuck the Olive Garden.

yes to be honest i don't like American Versions of Ethnic foods.

For example, Don Pablos, Olive Garden, Pizza Hutt and so on are far inferior compared to around the corner place in NYC......

[quote name='Msia']Olive Garden is the Wal-mart of Italian restaurants.[/QUOTE]

A winner is you.

Any national chain restaurant is all the same. Most restaurants are owned by the same 5-7 companies.

Olive Garden is like eating a a "high class" fast food place. Its like if mcdonalds offered food for $8 a plate and added some fresh herbs to the meal to make it "good authentic" food.

Anyone else that eats olive garden notice that you can't get a taste in your mouth that won't even leave after brushing.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yes to be honest i don't like American Versions of Ethnic foods.

For example, Don Pablos, Olive Garden, Pizza Hutt and so on are far inferior compared to around the corner place in NYC......[/QUOTE]

I agree I live in the midwest but if you look hard enough you can find real ethnic restaurants owned by families. The best food is in the places that have a parent or grandparent that immigrated into the states, and started the restaurant 20, 30, 40 etc years ago.

[quote name='Graystone']

Anyone else that eats olive garden notice that you can't get a taste in your mouth that won't even leave after brushing.[/quote]

I could be wrong here...but I'm pretty sure that any time you eat garlic this will happen. I'm eating at a local italian place here in Texas on vacation and the same thing happens, and it's authentic italian food run entirely by italians, and boy it is tasty.

[quote name='nickmad']I hope there are other Italians on here that hate the Olive Garder as much I do. Purely based on the commercials, I refuse to eat there. Take this commercial example....

My great uncle Vito came over from Italy to visit and in turn we took him to the Olive Garden. He enjoyed the authentic breadsticks and salad so much, he didnt have room for any of the boxed pasta they serve. He was all smiles that night because it was just like eating back in Italy.

fuck the Olive Garden.[/quote]

QFT. The commercials are so annoying and frequent that they've caused me to never eat at Olive Garden ever.

I'm Italian and I really like the Olive Garden, in fact it's probably my favorite Italian restaurant in the states regardless of the fact that it is a big chain. IMO it's food simply tastes better more consistently then almost any other Italian place I've eaten at. The fact that they also have one of the few soups of any restaurant that I actually like and their breadsticks are top notch gives them some bonus points.

Been little over 4 years since I've been. My favorite dessert is the tiramisu. My partners boss gave him like a 15 dollar certificate to Olive Garden for his bithday a couple of weeks ago. We've yet to use it, even though its across the street from his work

bread's done
Back