OMFG I just bought a laptop!

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
sc001.jpg

OMFG

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/entnb_6000?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

My specs:

Dell Inspiron 6000
15.4" Widescreen UltraSharp WUXGA
1GB Shared DDR2 SDRAM
128MB DDR ATI's MOBILITY™ RADEON X300 PCI Express x16
80GB 5400rpm HDD
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Intel® PRO 2200 (802.11b/g) and Dell 350 Bluetooth Internal Wireless Cards

$1,474 shipped

OMFG

And I assume we all care. BTW, you didn't get that great of a deal. Its average at best. I can get something similar for aroun $1100-$1200. Plus, Im willing to bet the laptop is >6-7 lbs.

dunno if you bought the 6000 for its smaller size, but you couldve gotten the 9300 for a cheaper price

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows XP Professional
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen XGA+ Display
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
80GB 5400rpmHard Drive
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
128MB ATIs™ Mobility Radeon™ X300
Primary Battery
6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)

for about 1100 after code QFSPT8S617XBBT from bensbargains

if you tink this is a better deal, i think you can cancel your 6000

That 9300's screen, RAM & warranty are the low end parts instead of the high-end shit I got in my 6000. Only a 1 year warranty, too.

I did get the 6000 for it's smaller size. Weight is 6.7lbs.

Oh, and greenbags?
Go fuck yourself, you worthless piece of shit.

Nice system...

I want to get myself a laptop one of these days. I miss my old one, gave it to my lil sister. It's plenty strong enough to do her for many more years where I was constantly pushing it's limits. She needs it more than me anyway so i'm happy.

dell's laptops seem overpriced to me.
that vid card is nearly worthless though, i have it in mine and its a dissappointment, i wish id have upgraded to the 700 instead.

good luck

Unfortunately the X300 128MB vidcard was the best option for this model. For some twisted, fucked up reason I couldn't get the 6800 Go in any of their models except the new billion dollar dual core machine. It'll be OK. I'll be able to play WoW, GW and some older shooters just fine. My real gaming machine is right here at my desk.

By the way, thanks to the most recent posters for their positive feedback.

Nice! Even though you may have been able to get it a tad cheaper, it's still a sweet system. I myself will probably end up getting the 6000 eventually, it's a sweet model, and once I get enough funds to spend on one, it'll be coming. Have fun with it!

I also got a Inspiron 6000 over the summer, but got the smallest amount of RAM possible since Dell overcharges. It's much cheaper to just buy RAM from Newegg and install it yourself.

[quote name='nickmad']3 words

intel
mac
powerbook[/QUOTE]

Even though it's Intel, no self-respecting gamer would be caught dead with one of those. Well, until they actually port some god damn games to the system.

Then, only rich gamers would be caught dead with a Mac.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Also if you got this for gaming shouldn't you have went with a 64 bit processor or core duo processor?[/QUOTE]
Those technologies do not affect gaming performance. 64-bit games are few and far between at this time, and dual core processors only increase multi-tasking speed.

bread's done
Back