OMFG, please get Michelle Rodriguez off Lost!! *Discussion about yesterday's episode*

basketkase543

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
When she first showed up last season I was very scared because me and my friends knew that there was no way they would bring in a celebrity just for some seemingly unimportant flashback scene. But I had faith in the writers. I told myself about the new season that maybe Michelle won't act like she acts in EVERY fucking movie with her stupid "look at me i'm so tough attitude". Maybe the writers will do something different with her. Maybe she'll have depth.

Ahem.

To paraphrase some of her lines from last nights episode:

-"DID I TELL YOU YOU COULD SPEAK!"

-"WHEN I SAY RUN YOU SAY HOW FAST!"

-*insert tough-ass comment here.

Please please please tell me that either the writers will kill her or kill the attitude she has in every role she plays. It doesn't belong on Lost.

Really? I thought that twenty minutes of footage of her and Sawyer staring at each other was riveting! :roll:

I missed a couple of key scenes (due to a screaming child and wife), but I have decided that that side of the island has fallen victim to the mysterious disease that Desmond talked about.

Couldn't agree more. I hated her in everythings she been in and now she has to infect Lost.

I wasnt really paying much attention to some of the new episodes...what happen to Donovan (was that his name?) the guy living in the hatch?

And why havent Kate and Jack had sex yet?

I wholeheartedly agree--she's an awful actress. Also, as I heard someone else say, "She looks like a long-haired Dominican boy." The show itself rules, as does everyone else, but Rodriguez is terrible.

[quote name='1modernboy']Really? I thought that twenty minutes of footage of her and Sawyer staring at each other was riveting!

I missed a couple of key scenes (due to a screaming child and wife), but I have decided that that side of the island has fallen victim to the mysterious disease that Desmond talked about.[/QUOTE]

nah i think the others have just picked them off one by one... will be interesting to see next week or the week after if they tell how the others died... sickness or others killed them..

I wasnt really paying much attention to some of the new episodes...what happen to Donovan (was that his name?) the guy living in the hatch?

And why havent Kate and Jack had sex yet?

donovan just took off running into the woods probally never to be seen again. there is going to be a love triangle between Jack kate and the new woman (so i guess both groups hook up in a few eps)

i just find it werid that on such a small island you could have 3+ groups of people living on it Yet noone bumped into anyone.. Im still waiting for the drug dealer whos plane crashed to show up i think Next week or in a few weeks (either eps 5 or 7 cant remember)

overall I think this season a major Thumbs down Last weeks was the worse of all I mean what was it 20 mins was nothing but clips from 2 weeks ago... im still waiting for the licker to show up from RE that would be wicked to see that on the island ;) lol

it was sad though she wouldnt let swayer bring his pet rock with him on the trip :)

This season hasn't told us anything really except what is in the hatch (but the real stuff we all want to know is why it's there). THere are just way too many big story lines going on right now and WTF was with Hurley trying to blow everything up - that was just stupid and out of character. I also think the others have been killing off the other 23 survivors rather than some weird disease...

[quote name='javeryh']This season hasn't told us anything really except what is in the hatch (but the real stuff we all want to know is why it's there). THere are just way too many big story lines going on right now and WTF was with Hurley trying to blow everything up - that was just stupid and out of character. I also think the others have been killing off the other 23 survivors rather than some weird disease...[/QUOTE]

i dont think that blowing all the food up was stupid at all... i mean who would want to be in charge of the food on an island you knew people would hate you cause you gave someone some food and someone else other food. i do find it odd though the dude lived down there all those years without a problem Yet they said He only had enough food for 3 more months.. it looked like there was a hell of alot more food then just 3 months..

it would been neat when they was pounding on the wall tying to break the cement if it was a major bomb back there and they blew up the entire island ....

end of show : )

[quote name='javeryh']This season hasn't told us anything really except what is in the hatch (but the real stuff we all want to know is why it's there). THere are just way too many big story lines going on right now and WTF was with Hurley trying to blow everything up - that was just stupid and out of character. I also think the others have been killing off the other 23 survivors rather than some weird disease...[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed Hurley's story last night. He finally got a chance to have a serious side. His idea of blowing up the food did make some sense in the context of his memory: the guy knew that there was no way he could keep everyone happy. The best part was having him make his own decision in the end. I love Locke but the guy doesn't respect Hurley for shit and just brushes off all of his opinions so it was a nice change of pace to see Hurley take charge.

EDIT - slidecage beat me to it.

Michelle Rodriguez plays the same person in everything she's in. She's a terrible actress with no range. She belongs in Uwe Boll films and that's it.

last night episode was the worse in my opinion...I like hurley as the other guy, but I haven't liked any of the episodes where it focused on him

no shit, does she get a shot of testosterone every day before she goes to her acting job. She is kinda attractive but she always TOO masculine.

Whatever I really don't care about Rodriguez and her acting skills... at this point I just want to find out why those bunkers are there?? and why do they continue to press the button every 108min?? Rodriguez does nothing for me, she's just Sawyer's counterpart.

all i can think if they dont push the button every 108 mins the magnet thing will explode... remember they said something happen but didnt go into what happen then they had to push the button every 108 mins so maybe something would overheat an explode..

then again maybe Barney is behind the wall and he would come out and sing if you dont push the button.. man that would be awful

[quote name='basketkase543']When she first showed up last season I was very scared because me and my friends knew that there was no way they would bring in a celebrity just for some seemingly unimportant flashback scene. But I had faith in the writers. I told myself about the new season that maybe Michelle won't act like she acts in EVERY fucking movie with her stupid "look at me i'm so tough attitude". Maybe the writers will do something different with her. Maybe she'll have depth.

Ahem.

To paraphrase some of her lines from last nights episode:

-"DID I TELL YOU YOU COULD SPEAK!"

-"WHEN I SAY RUN YOU SAY HOW FAST!"

-*insert tough-ass comment here.

Please please please tell me that either the writers will kill her or kill the attitude she has in every role she plays. It doesn't belong on Lost.[/QUOTE]

well... there's still a bunch of unstable/sweating dynamite left (i.e. Hurley got himself a stash)
explosion.gif

No, the first two episodes went somewhere. They told us what was in the hatch, the experiment, the research institute, a ton of crap. Now the last one didn't tell us much. I enjoyed seeing the commercial for the TomTom GPS device I recently bought more than Hurley's story of feeding the masses. And I don't see how it is all hunky dorey either. You know people are hiding away some food for later and it will most likely be a problem anyways.

guess i'm the only one here who think she's blazing

i haven't seen any of season 2 yet (because i want to catch it all back to back on DVD), but i can't imagine her being that bad...i understand that she has the same attitude in every role that she plays, but you could say that for a lot of actors...that shouldn't excuse her, but it doesn't bother me too much...this reminds me of something really funny that howard stern said a long time ago..."how come in every movie that Forest Whitaker plays in, he always plays the guy with the lazy eye?"

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']this reminds me of something really funny that howard stern said a long time ago..."how come in every movie that Forest Whitaker plays in, he always plays the guy with the lazy eye?"[/QUOTE]

I couldn't figure out how a guy who looks like that gets movie roles, then I found out that he's a scientologist...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']guess i'm the only one here who think she's blazing

[/QUOTE]

I actually think she's pretty attractive, I just can't stand her, you know, recurring role as angry bitch in... everything.

The show is doing a good job of giving out just enough information to keep you watching. We find out this week that Michelle is not tied to the Others and in fact there are additional survivors of the flight. We find out that there is likely something contained around 8 feet walls of cement. There are other little tidbits here and there as well. They of course always add two questions for each answer.

Even thoug I want to know what is going on, it would ruin the show if they just explained everything in one episode.

I agree that they should have her eaten soon by whatever's out there. At least Jack and Locke weren't having their usual pissing match this week and barking at everyone.

We need more Jin, Sun, and Sayid. And Charlie needs to STFU.

Michelle is a metaphor for the disease right.....

Her side of the island is all being killed of from the disease which is her acting :D

On a serious note, she is hot and someone had to take charge on that side of the island so she fits. I would have figured Adebisi (dude from Oz) would be the guy running things.

Another explination to the few survivors noone has mentioned is Jack, the other side of the island has a doctor, this side is screwed with no medical help and what seems to be very few supplies from the wreckage that the main side had to help them live with.

[quote name='megashock5']I agree that they should have her eaten soon by whatever's out there. At least Jack and Locke weren't having their usual pissing match this week and barking at everyone.

We need more Jin, Sun, and Sayid. And Charlie needs to STFU.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sayid is the shit.

Seems like the bunker with all that concrete crap in it is holding in the screw up that happened last time as talked about in the orientation film. Most likely the geothermal unit (or whatever the geothermal unit was powering) blew sky high and released bad stuff (the disease). Since Sayhid was talking about Chernobyl, seems logical to conclude that either it was a nuclear reactor (but then why the need for geothermal power?) or perhaps some other large dangerous device that releases a magnetic forcefield (which could have been the cause for the plane crash... that's a little far fetched though).

As for the 108 minutes, that's probably to release steam from the geothermal unit thingy. If too much steam builds up, you overheat and kaboom (unless there is a steam vent somewhere that is constantly open, in which case the unit is very inefficient since too much gas escapes before it can be converted).

According to the previews from this past episode, the "others" have the little boy. Since they have him, it would seem that they are interested in capturing people for their personal use (slaves? food? rituals?). So I don't think it'd be too far fetched to think that the missing people from the back half of the plane are actually prisoners of the others.

Or, a more distant theory is that the disease actually does something to the people it infects which causes their mindstates to become so altered that they have turned on those who are not infected (essentially- zombies). Thus, as they infect the people from the back half of the plane, they recruit more into their clan of "others" and the boy is necessary for some sort of self propagation thing or something. Like I said, a bit more far fetched than most other theories.

As for the numbers, I haven't made much out of them besides 8 and 15 being the flight number. However, producers have specifically stated that they haven't told anyone exactly when the plane crashed for a reason. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to assume that at least some of the numbers have something to do with it.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure I could come up with more if I didn't actually have work to do.

Edit- PS: Michelle Rodriguez is stoopid and will become one of the others and then get blown away by dynamite. Or at least I hope so!

Agreed.....and don't forget the background story we got on Walt. First that bird flies into the window and dies, then his Mom dies. The boy is a huge part of this that we don't even know anything about yet. Definetely becoming one of my favorite shows ever quickly......

With Walt remember that he was reading a book about birds and if I remember correctly got angry and the bird then flew and hit the glass, the same with the Polar bear, he was reading the comic and became angry and it came after him.

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Agreed.....and don't forget the background story we got on Walt. First that bird flies into the window and dies, then his Mom dies. The boy is a huge part of this that we don't even know anything about yet. Definetely becoming one of my favorite shows ever quickly......[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Samara is going to crawl out of a well and then they will have a battle for king freaky-kid of the island.

[quote name='megashock5']I agree that they should have her eaten soon by whatever's out there. At least Jack and Locke weren't having their usual pissing match this week and barking at everyone.

We need more Jin, Sun, and Sayid. And Charlie needs to STFU.[/QUOTE]

looks like sun got a boob job over the summer then again maybe its just me : )

http://www.mrclucks.com/

Lookie what I found (stole). It's the Mr.Clucks site and its even got a coupon for a free burger. Also there is a word jumble at the bottom.
Looks like:

JACK WILL DI- --- ---- -- --- -----!

P S H I S O T I N E O H C T N E A

JACK WILL DIE --- --- IN THE OCEAN!

[quote name='modium']Her voice is almost as husky as Scarlet Johansson's...and that's saying something.[/QUOTE]

But Scarlett's is sexy, hers is just manish. I guess it goes along with her face though. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']But Scarlett's is sexy, hers is just manish. I guess it goes along with her face though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

look at the episode again.

her eyes are awesome - gotta love those eyes - they light up when sawyer challenges her

bread's done
Back