OMFG, "Your 360 needs some TLC" = $129

kev

CAGiversary!
I've had my 360 for 6 months, just exactly long enough for them NOT to fix it for free. It is with that knowledge that I give you the following narrative on my talk with customer service. I look forward to calling them again tomorrow and then the next day and the next until I get my repair paid for. Hey, work's out for summer anyway =D

My brother's 360 died two months ago and MS fixed it free. Now mine is doing the exact same thing. I now get random crashes on every game.

I was playing FFXI today like I always do. Shut it down, came back an hour later and then it crashed while trying to load the game. This happened to my brother with Battlefield 2. My 360 has gotten TONS of use (26+ days on FFXI alone...) and hasn't had any problems before this.

Now I crash on everything. I cleared the cache, took out the hard drive, etc. and I still get it. The real bummer is that I'm afraid I'm just out of warranty (they told my brother 6 months and I just passed 6 months...) so I'm not sure I'll get the repair free...

I have to admit I was one of those who said that complaints about system failures were way overblown but we're now 2/2 on dead systems in my house which is truly a bummer...

Plus, why now? Summer break starts Friday =/

Heh, the tech's computer crashed and now I'm talking to Debbie who wants me to give my serial number in 3 number blocks because otherwise "it gets confusing..." I enjoy giving my information twice! At least she's in the U.S.

Oh dear.

And she wants to know if 3rd party vendors can contact me... what the heck?

and nope, the jackwads are gonna make me pay for it.

$129.

I'm pretty sure I'm pissed now.

Debbie tells me I get a 30 day guarantee on my "fixed" system. So, I explain to Debbie that assuming it breaks again in 31 days I would have to pay another $129 so wouldn't I be better of simply buying a brand new Core for $299 and getting at least another 6 months?

After some thinking, (Debbie was rather slow you see...) she agrees and says "Well, yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Well Debbie, does me telling you to shove it make sense?

I've dealt with MS customer service on numerous occasions regarding my original xbox and windows stuff and have always been treated right. This moron (and the original crashed tech's computer) take up 30 mins of my night just to freaking tell me it's going to cost me the same as a freaking PS2 or DSLite to fix my system that I play ONE game on...

Ya, I'm sure I'm pissed.

Stop making these god damn threads every time someones 360 dies. Post in the coffin support group nobody gives a hoot!

[quote name='kev']I'm sorry, I didn't realize honesty was frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

Honesty isn't. However, your problem isn't so extremely special that it deserves another (boring) thread.

On a side, why bother coming to a non-Microsoft site to bitch about crap like this? Is a service rep going to say "Oh wow. Someone is complaining on Cheap Ass...better start giving away free warranties!"

Not to mention, you were being a fantastic ass to someone who couldn't just grant you a magical free extended warranty. I assume you don't behave like that to your customers, so why do you feel entitled to do so as a customer? Not enough hugs as a kid?

hay everyone, my hamster died today. The Pet shop owner would not refund my monies. I am very sad and mad. Plz feel pity! THNX!

[quote name='kev']All the more reason to keep posting them as far as I'm concerned...[/quote]

:lol:

BTW, if you guys dont like reading these topics... stop responding to them.

Well, this is only solidifying my stance on not buying first gen consoles... I'm wondering how long before my bro's 360 dies.

Since Sony is releasing PS3 at $500/$600, Microsoft might as well just charge $100 more and include an extended warranty.

[quote name='Zoglog']hay everyone, my hamster died today. The Pet shop owner would not refund my monies. I am very sad and mad. Plz feel pity! THNX![/QUOTE]
I feel for ya. Hamsters can be damn awesome animals.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Get the warranty next time. Everyone knows this[/QUOTE]I don't buy warranties, and don't have problems. The only console I did have problems with, was my original Xbox, but I was able to talk my way into free repairs, twice.

The strange thing is, I remember with the original Xbox, MS offerred 60 days guarnteed after an Xbox was fixed. It looks like MS has cut it in half with the X360.

Darn, reading more and more threads like this make me wonder if i should get warranty was well.

Mfg. date for my system is Feb 06, bought it early March. So far froze 3 times

1. Top Spin II demo loading screen
2. Xbox Live signing-in screen
3. Last night!! Oblivioin in game. Running in pretty wild with trees and flowers... all the sudden music stopped, froze. I was thinking about a slow loading but waited for a min didnt' work.

All 3 freezes happened relatively apart time wise.... hope this doens't get worse.

awwww sadness.

[quote name='Zoglog']hay everyone, my hamster died today. The Pet shop owner would not refund my monies. I am very sad and mad. Plz feel pity! THNX![/QUOTE]

BAHBAHBHAHABHAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody likes me oh boo...CRY ME A RIVER....yeah yeah yeah...ahbahbahbah

Thank god someone else posted what i was thinking..hahaha

[quote name='Daddy']BAHBAHBHAHABHAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody likes me oh boo...CRY ME A RIVER....yeah yeah yeah...ahbahbahbah

Thank god someone else posted what i was thinking..hahaha[/quote]

I don't really like the fact that a thread like this is posted every day, but I hope your 360 dies because I sure as shit know that you're gonna create a thread exactly like this one.

I agree a person shouldnt HAVE to buy an extended warranty. I work in retail and something like 60% of extended servies are profit for the store. Unfortunately when you buy a new system like the 360, it is almost manditory to buy the warranty. I never buy them but I did for the 360 and have already used it. Freshly released systems = warranty.

[quote name='Staind204']I agree a person shouldnt HAVE to buy an extended warranty. I work in retail and something like 60% of extended servies are profit for the store. Unfortunately when you buy a new system like the 360, it is almost manditory to buy the warranty. I never buy them but I did for the 360 and have already used it. Freshly released systems = warranty.[/QUOTE]

Right. Nobody SHOULD have to. But they do. Thems the breaks, kids. And until you all learn to accept it, you'll be wasting lots of cash.

bread's done
Back