OMG!! FF7-2!!!!!

SS4Brolly

CAGiversary!
Im still recovering.

ff7.jpg

http://the-magicbox.com/game092503a.htm

Still unclear on weather its a DVD movie or game though.

The Tokyo Game show started in the past 24 hours. There has already been previews for 2 Kingdom Hearts games (For PS2 and GBA).

Still hope on a game though.

Honestly I doubt that square can live up to the greatness that was FF7. It was a revolutionary game in its time, and a sequal would just be overshadowed by the juggernauts called HL2 and Doom3. If they do make a sequal it may turn out to be a great game, but it's not going to be as great as FF7 was.

I actually hope they don't screw up my image of FF7 with a (most likely after seeing the direction square wants to take) a piece of garbage sequal.

Even though its just a movie, this does look very cool. Sephiroth is a total badass and I hope he plays a significant role, maybe a sword through Tifa's back would really make Cloud snap!

Cloud looks like he's been shooting up something horrible...:p

Seriously, FFVII was a masterpiece - how can they hope to follow it up? It's like saying to Da Vinci, "paint another Mona Lisa"! Or to Kurosawa: "make a Seven Samurai II"! It would take a miracle for an FFVII-2 to be good.

I concede your point, but it's also true Suikoden is essentially the same story/concept every time (sort of like Romance of the Three Kingdoms), so sequels are not as big as a problem. Granted, it's not like every FF game reinvents the wheel, but there are more disparities between sequels than in Konami's series (FFVIII to (ugh) FFIX to FFX anyone?).

Anyway, it's a DVD movie, and here's a link to details:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html?fromint=1

Uh, I was saying Konami followed a masterpiece with another masterpiece.
FFVII the movie is going to have a similar story to FFVII obviously, since it's a 'sequel', making it even easier for Square than it was for Konami.

[quote name='RichD1']Besides, FFVIII>FFVII[/quote]

Im sorry, but your oppinion is wrong :D

Even though a different combat system was cool and all, no armour/weapons/MP sucks bigtime.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='RichD1']Besides, FFVIII>FFVII[/quote]

Im sorry, but your oppinion is wrong :D

Even though a different combat system was cool and all, no armour/weapons/MP sucks bigtime.[/quote]

Yeah, my opinion is wrong. :roll:

The Junction system was the best out of every system in FFs.

I just hated drawing magic with a freakin passion. Therefore, I didnt use it. Ever. Junctioning was a cool concept, but Matria is still better.

BOTH you opinions are wrong! FFIV kicks both of them to the curb! ;)

(spoilers)

Seriously, though - I loved Suikoden II and Suikoden III, and I agree that companies can make multiple masterpieces. FFVII, however, ended fairly convincingly...it doesn't need an epilogue, and certainly not a sequel.

How could they make a sequel? Shinra's gone, and Sephiroth's dead. Meteor is gone, too. There's nothing left to tell.

Uh..the world was sorta messed up, IIRC.

Personally, FFIV was meh, but much better than 6,
My personal opinion of FF in order of best to worst is FF8>FF10>FF7>FF9>FF4>FF6
With FFT leading the way. :p

...uhh..Suikoden II owns you. That was pretty much the point of my post, I just wanted to have some filler. :)

does anyone else see this IGN article as a potential cover-up for a Shenmue 2 type deal.

Where they prepackaged a movie telling what happened in the first game and include it in the sequel.

like Mulliga said, there's really nothing left to tell.

The only way Square has out of this is to pull some revisionist history and retell the story to make room for a sequel. Time is on their side, as the game is so old the general public probably doesn't even remember the ending -- assuming they reached it all.And let's face it,the final fantasy fan boys will forgive them just about anything if it means getting a sequel to their favorite game to evangelize about.

I just want to see a game with (A) two people with big ass swords, (B) a really cool villian, and (C) Matria System. Best parts. And some Chocobo racing too.

[quote name='minx']does anyone else see this IGN article as a potential cover-up for a Shenmue 2 type deal.

Where they prepackaged a movie telling what happened in the first game and include it in the sequel.

[/quote]

Except that Square stated it takes place 2 years AFTER FF VII.

I don't care about FFVII-2...Bring on FFT-2, I say! I mean, FFT had an oft-debated ending (a fairly open-ended one at that), killer gameplay, and, of course, plenty of chocobos. I think everyone will agree there are more stories left in Ivalice than in the world of FFVII, and FFTA has certainly sold well enough to stoke the fires for a FFT sequel.

"The mission was a success! We opened the ore and found bags of gil!"

"This is the way!"

:)

Honestly I am frightened at the thought of another square game. Square has taken a nose dive and is not living up to its reputation. I still can't believe what they did with Tactics Advance, but I am hoping that nintendo made them do it. I also await the next FFT, and I hope it is a good one.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']Square haters.. nonsense.[/quote]

Sadly, people love to hate you when you are on top.

Get a grip on your square obsession and come to terms with the truth. I want a good game from square as much as the next guy.

FF8 = crap
FFX = crap
FFX-2 = crap
FFTA = kiddie crap

[quote name='Scrubking']FF8 = crap
FFX = crap
FFX-2 = crap
FFTA = kiddie crap[/quote]

I enjoyed those games. I haven't played FFX-2 yet, but it seems very interesting. I love the job system and being able to switch jobs mid-battle seems like it'll be fun.

[quote name='Scrubking']Get a grip on your square obsession and come to terms with the truth. I want a good game from square as much as the next guy.

FF8 = crap
FFX = crap
FFX-2 = crap

I can see how some people dont like FFX, but saying FFTA is "kiddie crap" is just how you say, a bunch of crap. FFTA is awesome, and I havnt seen a single kiddie thing about it. The Law system can be a pain, but not the game is that hard to begin with.

I was being somewhat of a troll in that post besides my review of that game is on record.

No one can deny the fact that FFTA has been kiddie sized.

[quote name='Scrubking']Get a grip on your square obsession and come to terms with the truth. I want a good game from square as much as the next guy.

FF8 = crap
FFX = crap
FFX-2 = crap

Purely opinion. It looks like mine are polar opposites of yours.

Chrono Cross was a great game, as was Final Fantasy VIII / X. It was Final Fantasy IX that should have gone back to the drawnig boards (Sorry, I like realistic techno environments with Nomura's designs).

I can't comment on FF X-2, and unless you can speak Japanese, neither can you (sorry! RPGs are about story, or they were last time I checked).

FFTA can't be argued - but it's on the GBA. The primary userbase for the GBA would be children. It makes sense that they wouldn't throw in a super complex story revolving around religion and politics. While that DOES severely sadden me and it DOES prevent me from running out and buying it like I planned - the core game is still in tact, and it's still fun. -- FFTA comes down to being a toss up. If you liked FFT's gameplay, great. If you loved the story, too bad for you ( and me :whistle2:( )

Let's not limit this to Final Fantasy - Let's also not forget Kingdom Hearts. Great game. Though, the Bouncer is crap.

Hrmm, an early report to be sure, but Game Informer has some info on the upcoming movie. Ooookay, well, it's going to be called "Advent Children" and packaged with a remake of FF7, I do believe. It doesn't mention though what things will be removed/altered, though. Well, that's all that I really know at this time.

I read that they're making a movie, and they still might make a game.
My opinions:
FF6 - Great game
FF7 - Amazing game. THE best Final Fantasy game
FF8 - A good game, but I didn't enjoy it much
FF9 - An ok game
FFX - An incredible game. Second only to FF7
FFT - Very fun and addictive
FFTA - Great, but not as good as FFT

Im kinda upset at how much cloud changed. i mean his hair is so....short. i guess with the combination big friggin sword and haircut from a mortal kombat pit fatality, he was having some back problems. guess its better he lost the hair and not the sword.

ok, i don't know all, but i do know stuff. here's what i believe i KNOW and not think..
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is a DVD, no game
It will not be packaged with a FF7 remake, nor a sequel(cuz there won't be one)
It hasn't been made clear whether the person we see Cloud fighting with is actually Sephiroth. although we will see him in the movie (atleast in the fire scene)
square = teh l33t (had to)

bread's done
Back