OMG Freaks and Geeks was AWESOME

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I just finished watching all 18 episodes in less than a week. Damn why did they have to cancel this??? Yeah, I know... welcome to 10 years ago.

I just saw this about a month ago (All 18 in a week span), AWESOME show, im speechless on how this could possibly get canceled

Also if you enjoyed this show, check out Undeclared (good show, but nowhere as good as F & G), its made by the same guy and have a few characters from Freeks & Geeks

I decided to watch this on Youtube just to see what the fuss was about. Awesome when you get through the first four parts and suddenly copyright notice on part 5. Thanks, WMG.

Good show, though.

love the show.

i was in high school when it was on tv and never missed an episode.

another show that got canned that i loved was Sons & Daughters, they didn't even show the last episode of the season :(

Freaks & Geeks was the only quality project Judd Apatow ever created. Even Apatow agrees he will never make anything superior to F&G.

Someone had to go and mention Firefly. ::cries:: Honestly, I think Firefly was even better than Battlestar Galactica. I wish someone would realize the success of Battlestar and bring back Firefly in the same fashion. All the actors would return in a heartbeat. They loved being a part of that show.

yeah, Firefly is another show I can't believe got canceled and I know it is coming with Dollhouse (which admittedly isn't nearly as good but it really started to pick up during the last 1/2 of the season and I think there is a great foundation for a series).

I am about 10 years older than Lindsay and her friends so high school wasn't quite like that for me but it was so easy to relate to everything. I feel like it was the most realistic portrayal of high school on TV that I've seen and the casting was PERFECT. It is unreal to see how pretty much every cast member has gone on to be really successful.

[quote name='javeryh']I am about 10 years older than Lindsay and her friends so high school wasn't quite like that for me but it was so easy to relate to everything. I feel like it was the most realistic portrayal of high school on TV that I've seen and the casting was PERFECT.[/QUOTE]I was a high school freshman in 1980, the year F&G is set in, and yeah- they couldn't have nailed the experience of high school in that period of time any more perfectly. Lindsay's brother reminds me so much of a kid I hung around with then, it's almost scary. We even had an AV teacher who got us a copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and set us up with a reel-to-reel projector to watch it on.

I also agree with everyone who mentioned Firefly. Another great show unjustly cancelled too soon.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
Someone had to go and mention Firefly. ::cries:: Honestly, I think Firefly was even better than Battlestar Galactica. I wish someone would realize the success of Battlestar and bring back Firefly in the same fashion. All the actors would return in a heartbeat. They loved being a part of that show.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Firefly, but that's some straight-up blasphemy right there. Might Firefly have been better if it had gotten 4 seasons? Maybe.

Joss Whedon's problem is that FOX is not the place for good sci-fi shows. I know this is over-simplifying things, but if Firefly had been on Sci-Fi it might still be on. Instead it was buried on Friday nights on FOX, the same thing which is currently happening to Dollhouse.

Freaks and Geeks was also excellent but was cancelled for the same reason as Firefly (or AD, for that matter): No one watched it when it was on.

[quote name='bvharris']
FOX is not the place for good sci-fi shows. .[/QUOTE]

Seriously! They canceled Sliders and Space: Above and Beyond. Those bastards!

[quote name='youbastards']Bill is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Bill is one of the best characters I've ever seen on TV. His Rerun dance is just unbelievable.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_r5O4PKi4[/media]

[quote name='bvharris']I LOVE Firefly, but that's some straight-up blasphemy right there. Might Firefly have been better if it had gotten 4 seasons? Maybe.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree, Firefly and BSG aren't even in the same league.

show was amazing..i had 3 sets in stock and i sold them all since i thought it looked dumb, but i decided to actually pop one open before selling and watched the whole thing in less than a week. i loved it, wished they would continue it, but they would need the same cast to capture it all, the new "teenage actors" like micheal cera can never capture the same "innocenne" that the other characters had :(

[quote name='camoor']Have to agree, Firefly and BSG aren't even in the same league.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, Battlestar was great. But Firefly had the potential to be regarded just as high. But yeah, they're not in the same league. BSG is sci-fi drama, while Firefly is basically what Star Wars ultimately failed at: being a western set in space. Shit, Firefly actually WAS a western, right down to the whores, scenery, dialog, and weaponry.

But if I had a chance to bring one TV show back from the dead, it would be Deadwood...absolutely no fucking question about it. That show was legendary.

The best episode is when Sam switched the keg at his sister's party with non-alcoholic beer and they all thought they were drunk. But Bill drank all the real beer while watching Dallas in the bedroom.

I think NBC pulled the plug on this one, not FOX. It's hard to believe it's been almost ten years since it aired.

Yes, it was NBC. They did the same shit that Firefly got screwed over with. Airing episodes out of order and temporarily moving it to other nights without advance warning so they could show a shitty basketball game. CBS at least has a clue, they let you know ahead of time when shows like Survivor have to be moved because of March Madness and whatnot.

bread's done
Back