OMG how good is Mountain Dew Typhoon.

[quote name='2DMention']Don't care for Typhoon, tastes like Taihitian treat.

Whiteout is the best, IMO.

Baja Blast at Taco bell is even better.[/QUOTE]

How dare you say anything bad about Tahitian Treat!? It's the greatest tropical punch soda ever.

I thought typhoon tasted more like what I would expect melted crayons to taste like, in chilled liquid form.

As a person who works for Pepsi and sees what people buy the most it is really between white out and typhoon distortion sells decent but not like the other 2 at all.

As a consumer who primarily buys soda at Speedway in 20oz bottles I have never even seen a Mountain Dew Whiteout. Distortion was pretty good and I agree would make an awesome Slurpee, but Typhoon was the winner of those 2 for me. Sunkist or Crush have always been awesome, but I like mountain dew Typhoon because it adds something that Sunkist/Fanta/Shasta/Nehi/Faygo/Crush all lack, and that's Caffeine. Actually I take that back. Sunkist actually does have Caffeine in it. I just checked my can of grape soda.

I've been off soda for a while, but, I decided to grab one of each flavor.

Distortion: Yuck. I didn't even finish the bottle.
White Out: Not much taste to it. Maybe I didn't like this one because I'm not a Sprite drinker (and that's what most people say this tastes like).
Typhoon: Best of the bunch for me. Still, it's not fantastic, and it wouldn't be something I picked up that often. I liked it better than Code Red, that's for sure. (Livewire is my favorite Dew.)

Speaking of soda...

image_cherryvanilla_pepsi1.jpg

Cherry Vanilla Pepsi, and it's fantastic. It comes in diet, too. Perfect blend of cherry and vanilla. I usually like Coke versions of different flavors, but this is much better than Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, that was out in 2006/2007. Cherry Vanilla Pepsi is even better than Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. It's a "limited edition" promotion, so it's suppose to only last for 8 weeks. I'm stocking up.

I can't find any of these damn things other than Distortion which is apparently all over town. I can find them in those fridgepack things but hell no am I going to pay over 3 dollars for something that I might think tastes like ass.

Really enjoyed White Out. Distortion tasted like a dozen other sodas. Have a bottle of Typhoon in the fridge but yet to try it.

alright finally tried all 3

white out= sprite
typhoon= tiki punch
distortion= the one original flavor. a drink that actually has the taste of lime? neat.

What dozen other sodas does Distortion taste like exactly?

I don't know of any Lime flavored soda on the market at all. I can name off the top of my head at least 10 fruit punch sodas, and literally hundreds of citrus or lemon lime sodas.

As someone who buys very little Mt. Dew, I predict this new flavor will last as long as the previous ones have. It'll be restricted to the limited market(s) where it's selling the best while anyone else who may want to buy it will have to scour across the country for it.

If anything, I wish Pepsico would've kept the real sugar Mt. Dew and Pepsi on the market for a lot longer than the very brief limited time they were.

+1 on the new Cherry Vanilla Pepsi being awesome. I tried both diet and regular and theyre both great. ALmost makes up for the loss of Pepsi throwback a few months back...

Cherry Vanilla Pepsi is pretty good, but it's not as good as Dr. Pepper Cherry.

A little of that and some 151, and I'm one happy little lemon.

[quote name='masked lemon']Cherry Vanilla Pepsi is pretty good, but it's not as good as Dr. Pepper Cherry.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Cherry Vanilla Pepsi is better than Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, but NOT better than Cherry Dr Pepper. That's my current favorite soda. I buy 10 x 2 liters at a time.

I was wondering if that was new or not (the cherry vanilla pepsi) and yes, that is awesome.

For the mountain dews, I don't know yet. For whatever reason, the sheetz down here didn't have them so had to hit up maugensville and got one of each. Trying distortion right now and not really a fan. The lime flavor is a bit strong, but granted, I've only had a little bit of it so far.

Ok, so for Distortion, it was kind of weird. I sort of see the 7up taste (not that I drink it normally). If I drink it normally, it's fine, but if I only take a sip, the lime is really strong and I thought that was a little odd. Decent I suppose though.

For Typhoon, decent, but nothing to write home about.

I have whiteout sitting in the fridge for when I do my route tonight, probably drink it then (that, or I'll drink it for dinner before I leave).

As for the guy who said Voltage sucked, I look at it this way. Voltage isn't that great, no. But compared to the other two flavors it was competing with, it was easily better. I don't remember the one being too bad, but the other one tasted fucking awful. (I forget which is which). Myself, I still prefer Live Wire over any of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If anything, I wish Pepsico would've kept the real sugar Mt. Dew and Pepsi on the market for a lot longer than the very brief limited time they were.[/QUOTE]

They still have both here in southern California. Not sure about other locations. And LiveWire was the best by far. Who loves orange soda? Matt loves orange soda. I do, I do, I do... oooh.

Ok, had whiteout this morning, pretty decent, but did Pepsi make this product, or did they just labels on a sprite bottle, as it's the same damn thing.

Thinking about it, preference in taste is something like this.

Distortion / White Out
Typhoon

Because of the taste of WO, I think I'd prefer Distortion to win. Didn't think it at first, but considering WO tastes like sprite and typhoon is just a mixed version of fruit punch, put in something we haven't seen much of. Maybe it's just me, but I hardly see 7up for example (in 20oz bottle form).

bread's done
Back